[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Just wanted to have a nice party for his friend and idol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 15

File: GeneCake2.jpg (1MB, 1571x769px) Image search: [Google]
GeneCake2.jpg
1MB, 1571x769px
>Just wanted to have a nice party for his friend and idol who protects his home
>has entire party wrecked by a big fat insecure emotional beta faggot who's mad nobody likes him
>is understably upset they've had their upper class party wrecked and made awkward by a dipshit who isn't supposed to be there
>Gets his point proven in the end when Ralph comes back and because of his autistic episode gets their entire game shut down

>gets shit all over when he was right all along

Why do people give Gene so much shit?
>>
Because he was a dick about it.
>>
>>94481720
It's all about delivery
>>
He's an instigator and made the whole thing about how right he was instead of celebrating Felix.

Only a douche starts shit when the guy the party is for says to stop.
>>
>being such a dick to someone who could kill you in two fucking seconds and doesn't out of respect and modesty

Fuck Gene.
>>
fuck off gene
>>
Literally wouldn't have hurt anyone to let Ralph have his figure on the cake and hang out at afterparties.

You don't see Toad telling Bowser to fuck off when the Mario Crew goes on a golfing trip.
>>
>>94481823
because bowser knows his place
>>
>>94481849
So does Ralph. The villain is infinitely more important than some NPC the players don't know the name of.

>fuck you Gene
>I'm on the cabinet, I'm on the title screen, my name is in the credits
>who the fuck are you
>>
Fuck off Gene
>>
>>94481849
Bowser gets trophies, medals, and cakes. He also gets to hang out when he's on break.

Gene was shitting on Ralph for daring to ask for respect off the clock. Fuck him.
>>
>>94481877
This. The game is nothing without felix, but it's even less without Ralph, so at least they should have acknowledged him somehow. Having a party where you invite literally everyone in the game world except the secondary most important character is just being a humongous asshole
>>
>>94481720
Because he's deliberately written to be like that. Not a character, but a plot device.
>>
>>94481720
It was a celebration for the game, obviously they should have invited the entire cast. You think after plays and movies are over they throw out whoever played the antagonist before the afterparty?
>>
>>94481720
in the movie characters who die outised of their game die for reals
yet qbert and crew become monsters in ralphs machine
does it mean that they are getting a warriors death?
>>
>>94481983
>You think after plays and movies are over they throw out whoever played the antagonist before the afterparty?
Considering the shocking amount of people who give shit to actors who play villains because they hate the character and apparently don't understand the concept of acting a role, it's possible he does
>>
>>94481999
You probably get to be integrated into a new game after some sort of process.
>>
>>94482034
thats never stated nor sugested in any way and goes against everything we see in the movie
>>
>>94481999
I don't think there were monsters or death or anything.
It was a bonus stage. You can't lose a bonus stage.
>>
>>94481999
That also was my question, but i figure they used the up, down, left, right code to enter the game's matrix and code them in it.
But like >>94482091 says, its a huge plot hole
>>
>>94481720
Because Ralph isn't actually a bad guy, he just plays a character for his job and yet gets shit all over for it and treated like he is the character he plays. And Ralph doesn't even choose to play the character he is literally programmed to. Grne instigated the entire plot of the movie by being a dick for literally no reason
>>
>>94481999
>in the movie characters who die outised of their game die for reals
>yet qbert and crew become monsters in ralphs machine
>does it mean that they are getting a warriors death?
What is important is to have one's existence registered by the re-spawn mechanic.

And it is known that sprites and enemies used to get recycled for other games. Like the bird creature from Golden Axe originally appeared in Altered Beast.
>>
>>94481720
I know this is silly bait, but Im gonna take it seriously cause Im having fun just like you.

Felix himself, the guy who the party was for was attempting to clam everyone down and relax. Felix who knew that everyone else hated Ralph and didnt want the structure of the game be jeopardized by siding with their "villain"

Felix felt interally conflicted by having to side with his peers who outnumbered Ralph despite him being in the right. It was this scene and others that showed Felix did not like to deal in conflict, since his game is very simple, fix the shit that ralph breaks.

Gen should've been self aware enough to realize that outside of their roles in the game Ralph is his own fucking person.
>>
>>94481999
They used Turbo's hacking process to integrate them
>>
>>94482152
they put them in the source code so it became their game
>>
>>94481720
Why didn't they just give Ralph a small apartment to live in, as payment for them kinda STEALING HIS LAND AND PUSHING HIM TO A DUMP.
>>
>>94482153
also that part where he stuck Ralph in the mud was just pure dick move.

I think Gene was just projecting his irritation that he is the SOLE npc to be thrown out of his apartment b Ralph every time the game starts up.

think about it, 30 years, probably dozens to hundreds of times a week being thrown out your home by the resident angry giant and everyone else in the complex is atleast still inside, Gene is a shit but I can see where he got said attitude when everyone is merely awkward around Ralph whereas Gene is outright antagonistic and confrontational to him
>>
>>94482161
thats bullshit, its never stated that turbo became part of the game when he hacked him, htere just isnt death as a part of that game, characters just lose the race
>>
>>94481720
I feel like this movie's biggest problem was that it didn't know if it wanted the characters to be determined by their roles (Felix, the Apartment complex, that soldier chick) , or to be their own individual people outside of their roles (Ralph, that Speed Racer Knockoff, the villain support group)
>>
File: look at me, i'm projecting.jpg (34KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
look at me, i'm projecting.jpg
34KB, 490x333px
>>94481720
>big fat insecure emotional beta faggot who's mad nobody likes him
>>
>>94482254
but turbo very much did hack himself into the game. like you can argue about him dying or whatever but its a major plot point that he became a part of the game via hacking the code.
>>
Was I the only one who disliked how the majority of the movie ended up taking place in Sugar Rush, and aside from the first act a lot of the humour and game aesthetic was mostly window dressing or purely visual?

It didn't really do anything to adapt a bunch of uniquely videogame ideas to a story. I was expecting at least an invicibility power up or extra life joke
>>
>>94482153
>Gen should've been self aware enough to realize that outside of their roles in the game Ralph is his own fucking person.
A lot people bring up the idea that villains as a whole get unwarranted amounts of shit from their peers off the clock, citing the scene where Ralph is walking down the station and a bunch of characters shout "Villain!", thus suggesting that Gene's behavior is just part of systematic discrimination and that he's not really at fault.

However, most characters have good reason to avoid villains, with the whole "you die for real outside your game" thing in play, so it's less hatred for them as a person and more a necessary aspect of their survival. Gene, who is a part of Fix-It Felix and thus is safe from any damage Ralph can dish out, has no societal rationale for his behavior, so I've never bought any explanation for Gene's behavior being anything more than him just being a genuine asshole.
>>
>>94481720
>Fuck you, Heath Ledger! How dare you come to the cast party after everything you did!
>>
>>94481720
because Ralph had every right to be mad since the building exiled him to the dump
>>
>>94482290
That was really a good decision.
Everyone expected it to be "videogames: the movie!" but it acutally was the story of Wreck it Ralph.

Also there was an extra life joke pretty early on when Felix dies at his party.
>>
File: tole our land.jpg (98KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tole our land.jpg
98KB, 600x450px
>>94482206

actually, that was never explained.
>>
...how do sequels work in this world? Can Ryu get on a train and meet Ryu from a newer street fighter installation?

I dunno why they're going with the internet for the sequel. Wreck It Ralph 2 should be about the arcade getting Fix it Felix 2 put in.
>>
>>94482276
hacking into a game is something thats never explained clearly and its never said that you can actually become unkillable in the game
if thats hte case its never propperly explained wich leaves everyone confused plus it removes all the tension from future movies since they dont die anyways
my guess is it was a oversight and it will get retconned or at the very least ignored as if it never happennd
>>
>>94481720
Because it fits the "don't let those people live in a dump just because you were taught that's the way it's supposed to be and also they occasionally wreck your buildings" pro-refugee message.

UH I MEAN DANK VIDYA MEEMS SO FUNNY MOVIE RIGHT
>>
>>94482406
learn english then watch it again
>>
>>94482437
Oh go rewatch Angry Birds again you dork
>>
>>94482437
>Thinks it's a pro-refugee message
>When Ralph himself got kicked off HIS land so that the NPC's could build an apartment on top of it.

Sure buddy, dank vidya meems.
>>
>>94482447
how about you learn spanish instead compadre?
>>
>>94481999
The whole point of putting them in Felix's game is that Felix doesn't actually hurt Ralph during the game, he just fixes what gets broken.

Fix It Felix Jr. is actually the perfect place for game refugees since they can't be killed when people are playing the game.
>>
>>94482259
Actually that's a really good point, especially with that soldier chick. They say that she has this super sad back story programmed in (even though it's an arcade game so it would probably just be written on the side of the machine and never come up in game because who the fuck wants to listen to exposistion when you're playing House of the Dead or Time Crisis), but it's just a game. If they're all supposed to be individuals outside of the game, as is the centra theme of Wreck-it-Ralph, then what does it matter what her backstory is? It never actually happened, she's just an actress playing a character. And yet she still keeps her hardass soldier routine up all the time, even when out of her game. Is she just more indoctrinated than the other characters from different games? Is separation of character and self just a quirk that arises in long existing characters like Ralph?
>>
>>94482608
One can agree that the characters should have their mannerisms (soldier woman acting like a soldier) but aside from that you are absolutely correct.
>>
>>94482608
I figured the backstory would be part of a cutscene while the machine is in idle mode. Which raises the scary possiblity that she has to relive it every five minutes when no one is playing.
As for personalities everyone seemed to be based on their roles initially, and heroic characters are already good so there's not really pressure for them to change and develop.
>>
>>94481720
wrong, Gene didn't suffer any consequences for being a prick
>>
>>94482908
Another pet Peeve of mine with the movie. Ralph was the one who had to suffer the consequences when They kicked him out of the party and he had to find some other way to celebreat his 30th anniversary.

And the Worst part is that when he comes Back, Gene has the gall to try and guilt trip him for leaving. Like Fuck you Gene, I didn't see you do Jace shit to try keep the order of the game, you didn't put on a Wreck-it-Ralph costume and try to do his job. You just panicked like a little bitch.
>>
>>94483274
>you didn't put on a Wreck-it-Ralph costume and try to do his job. You just panicked like a little bitch.
See that's the thing, I'm sure they could've rigged up something to at least keep the kids playing fooled for a bit.

Hell the idea of Gene having to dress up as Ralph while one of the other NPC's dressed up as Felix would've been a good lesson in teaching them what the two have to put up with every day, in and out.

But no, let's have a scene where it tries to set up Ralph as the one responsible for everything and Gene is completely right.
>>
>>94481720
>haha look at me I am purposefully being a contrarian for the sake of it? Lol ain't it funny? Get it? This is meant to be seen from a certain perspective but I post implying it is OBVIOUSLY something opposite of that that should be taken into consideration! Ain't it funny?
>>
>>94481720
I don't remember any of the townsfolk getting in trouble. Everyone gets along in the end.
>>
>>94483570
Felix calm down.
>>
>>94481877
thats a good point
>>
>>94482474
how about you learn russian tovarish
>>
>>94483825
How about you learn Hindi instead Dost?
>>
>>94481849
Bowser is a King, Ralph is a hobo.
>>
>>94484027
Those are both Roles. The entire theme of the movie is that they're still good people outside of their occupations as villians and jobbers. Although to be fair, they did a rather poor job of conveying that, as none of the assholes who didn't realize that had to go through any trouble to learn anything.
>>
>>94481720
That game was there the longest but somehow it was the only one where the characters were not self aware enough to know the whole thing was just an act put on for kids.
>>
>>94481823
>>94481928
Every other game the second the arcade closed they quit like they were actors playing a part.

For some reason everyone in Ralph's game still treated him like he was an actual villain and noe a character playing his part too.
>>
>>94481999
King Candy was not originally from Sugar Rush but he inserted himself into the node tree and was, then he could probably die in that game and regenerate too.

I imagine attaching their node to that game's tree does the trick.
>>
>>94482254
We saw his name in the game's node tree
>>
File: King-Candy-Code.jpg (297KB, 1920x808px) Image search: [Google]
King-Candy-Code.jpg
297KB, 1920x808px
>>94482406
he placed himself into the game code
>>
>>94484546
>>94484558
>>94484617
ok jesus
thats bullshit in my book but whatever
>>
>>94484801
But you can import information from other games and insert it into the code of the existing game. Same deal.
>>
File: fil2.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
fil2.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>94484546
>>94484558
>he word I just made up

fuck off
>>
>>94484801
Hell, even when people played the actual game it registered him as a character even when he wasn't originally a part of it. Meanwhile Vanelope's glitchiness was a plot point because of this since the game didn't see her as a character because Turbo disconnected her from source code.
>>
>>94482254
What if they drive off the track and crash into the side of a candy mountain?
>>
>>94484871
No it actually fucking didn't because we never see him in a character select screen

Tsake your fanfiction bullshittery elsewhere
>>
>>94484500
>>94484526
Yeah I didn't really get this when I watched the movie. Everyone else knew they were just actors and even other hanged up with them fine, yet Ralph's citizens were assholes.

I guess for some reason their code prevented them to develop character or something.
>>
>>94484880
it's made of candy and not rock, it would not hit the car with enough force to even damage it much less kill the driver.

Sugar Rush is the safest game in the entire arcade and perfect to gamehop into without fear of dying
>>
>>94484972
And if the car careens off course and lands in the nesquick sand where they drown?
>>
>>94484931
>There's an entire race that decides which racers will be available for the players
>Turbo participates in these races
>Implying he wouldn't show up on the character select screen at least once
Come on man, it was an entire plot point.
>>
File: 1500944675631.jpg (122KB, 947x734px) Image search: [Google]
1500944675631.jpg
122KB, 947x734px
>>94481720
>Invite everyone you work with to a party
>Except one guy
>Because you don't like the job he has

Trump get out
>>
>>94482608
It's her memories, regardless of whether it really happened. That still carries emotional weight for her.
>>
>>94482206
Because that never really happened, it's just a backstory to the game.
>>
File: White diamond REALLY.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
White diamond REALLY.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>94481720
Because just like a total spergkang; he isn't/wasn't able to see PAST THE GAME, as MANY OTHER GAMES DID with THEIR characters.
He(and the other sideline plebs too) automatically ostracised Ralph for being a wrecking character in the story, and refused to see him as an actual fellow human being beyond that.

Ralph might be a dick for venting out of line, but Gene(and cohorts) have been wrong for the entire game's lifespan, a cake getting btfo is hardly any justification for it.
Felix is just an Alpha, and he can't automatically forsake his social group, for an outsider, even though he's still a passive enabler.
And at least he isn't as bad as team Gene; because he was the only one willing to give Ralph a chance.
Even after the cake genocide.

Gene is a fucking dick dude.
>>
>>94481720
More buzzwords please
>>
"What flavor is that mud I'm standing in?"
"Oh... um... chocolate!"
"Never was too fond of chocolate..."
"Well, I did not know that."

Who was wrong here?
>>
>>94485637
More like first interaction between co-workers awkwardness.
>>
File: king candy in center.png (3MB, 1406x1028px) Image search: [Google]
king candy in center.png
3MB, 1406x1028px
>>94484931
>we never see him in a character select screen
Fuck you
>>
>>94485637
Nobody. There is no "wrong" there.
>>
>>94485637
It's just trying to play it off as awkward, but also how isolated Ralph is because she knew the favorite flavors of every single person in the game sans Ralph.
>>
>>94486021
There's a wrong in everything, it's the Internet
>>
>>94484526
Probably because their game was much older than the others. Maybe the way they treat Ralph was how villains were treated back in the 8 bit days, we don't know. Maybe things got lighter once there were more game genres, and the line between good and evil became more blurred.
>>
>>94485682
Turbo pretty clearly killed the real King Kandy and took his place.
>>
>>94481720
Go watch the movie again. Ralph didn't "wreck it" (see what I did there?) the party until AFTER Gene was a dick when shoved Ralphs cake figure into the chocolate mud.

>upper class party made awkward by a dipshit who wasn't supposed to be there
You've been that "awkward dipshit" at a party several times haven't you?
>>
>>94486235

But why would there be a support group that includes Bowser and Robotnik then?

Also, what arcade games have Bowser and Robotnik in it? I want to visit an arcade like that!
>>
>>94486248
Killed him how? Dragged him out of his game with the security surge protector never noticing and murdering him there? Because he wouldn't be able to do it inside the game, he would just respawn.

King Candy is just Turbo's alt-persona that he programmed in himself. There was no King Candy, there was never one. The castle he lives in belongs to Vanellope. He's probably been driving her car, too.
>>
>>94481720
It's not even that he was a dick, it's that he was a dick to one of the 2 main characters of the game. Hell, they all were. A game without a good villian is crap and won't garner much attention.
>>
File: 1501399869901.png (168KB, 293x323px) Image search: [Google]
1501399869901.png
168KB, 293x323px
>>94486339
This just brings more questions to me, as in, this game is not exclusive of this arcade, so there should have been people wondering who is this old King guy and why Vanellope is nowhere to be seen. It's the 2010s already, every kid checks on a wikia. And even then no one from the original dev team would wonder why some people are saying there is a character in the game they didn't program in?
>>
>>94482239
This is a good point. Imagine you're in a play for thirty years where you get slapped by the antagonist actor a couple times a day for three decades. Maybe he's a nice guy but that's fucking grinding. And also despite how big he is he can't permanently kill you. Except now you're scared to ever leave your own game in case he's waiting for you...

>>94482518
Another fine point.
>>
>>94486399

Now think about all the old-school characters suddenly showing up in Wrek-it-Ralph's game.
>>
>>94486399
At most, if there was some kid who was so passionate about Sugar Rush, an arcade-exclusive game, that they google up all the racers and don't see King Candy, they'll just assume it's some exclusive character or maybe a rare machine. And I doubt those kids are going to report it to the devs who will check out some random arcade in a tiny town.

No kid is gonna think the characters inside the game are going on an adventure and one of them is a racer from an arcade game long-forgotten who hijacked his way as top racer in Sugar Rush.

Much like in Toy Story, you don't think, "My toys physically ran away" if they aren't where you last left them, you think, "Oh, I lost them".
>>
>>94486470
I think whoever owns the arcade might raise an eyebrow if he notices that one day the character roster changed and that dipping the switches does nothing to bring the original back.

And yes I think the owner might know a thing or two about the games since it represents their livelihood and would want to do some research on the games before buying a cabinet.
>>
>>94486504
The thing in that case is that part of the allure of Sugar Rush is that there are "new racers daily". There's supposed to be like, 12 or 14 characters but you can only choose from 8 each day, and that's the whole deal with racing at night, to choose who gets to be on the roster. KC is such an extremist and narcissist that he makes sure he's always on the roster every day, though. So the owner wouldn't see the same 8 characters from when he first bought it, with or without KC.

I also don't think he does physical reviews after he hooks the game up every night. He waits for someone to report a problem and if there's not, he's gotta assume it's working. I mean, he seems to run the entire arcade by himself. I don't think he would have time to play test the games periodically.
>>
>>94481983
I don't remember who played the villain in my old drama club, but I do know all the girls in the club would pick one girl that they absolutely hated, and talk relentlessly about her behind her back. That one girl left the afterparty earlier than everybody else. Mighta been because it was highschool, but I hear actors in general are catty cliquey bitches, so I would not be at all surprised if a troupe decided to hate the person who coincidentally played the same kind of role every time.
>>
>>94486504
>I think whoever owns the arcade might raise an eyebrow if he notices that one day the character roster changed and that dipping the switches does nothing to bring the original back.
Nah the machine says "NEW RACERS DAILY", I guess it's connected to the internet or something and constantly updates.

For reference- >>94485682

See, they put that little detail in just for you.
>>
>>94486578
I was thinking that he had a game manual and the owner would read about the game so he knew the ins and outs and when something could be on the fritz. Once he notices that there is a character inside of the game that is not listed on the manual he might make a call to see what is up.

Just a theory though, I have no idea if arcade cabinet's came with manuals or not. I would assume as much since they do have dip switches.

Plus if it is said that the racers change everyday then the owner would notice that the same character keeps showing up front and centre, that could be a possible error in the game which the owner might want fixed since it could be a symptom of a bigger problem.
>>
>>94486615
>New Racers Daily

That just raises different questions, is this an entire franchise that warrants the dev team constantly making new characters with different abilities?
>>
>>94485637
Was Ralph just pretending to dislike chocolate to be a dick? Who doesn't like chocolate? It really did sound like he was trying to find a "gothcha" moment, but he was just making things more awkward.
>>
>>94486669
They're probably 90% reskins with slight differences.
>Dark Pit
>>
>>94486294
I think being a villain is just a stressful, high performance job and non villains don't relate to the pressures.
>>
>>94486679
It's not impossible to dislike chocolate. I don't like most chocolate myself unless it's mixed with some other flavor, like peanut butter, cream or caramel.
>>
>>94484972
>i'm an expert on fictional candy-related physics
>>
>>94482608
Could be that since it is a newer game, she was, effectively, born with those memories and mannerisms, without a chance to grow or move past them.

Since the other characters are from older games, they've developed beyond what was initially programmed into them. Or like other people said, it's a cutscene from idle mode, or maybe it's part of a possible ending or dialogue path that triggers during certain events in the game.
>>
>>94485179
So it's a Buzz Lightyear situation where the characters are just artificial constructs of the original concept with all their experiences up to a certain point, and all the ones who treat it like a job are those who have come to terms with/are coming to terms with the fact that those experiences are a lie and that they are not bound by their template character? That makes sense actually, it would even explain why the villians are all more likely to break the mold and cast of their identities as opposed to the heros and neutrals, who would view their roles as ideals to aspire to be or as standards to follow.
They really could have done a better job of establishing that in the movie though.
>>
>>94486294
>Also, what arcade games have Bowser and Robotnik in it
Well, there is a Mario Kart arcade game
>>
>>94486339
>There was no King Candy, there was never one. The castle he lives in belongs to Vanellop
This was already explained in the movie
>>
>>94482372
It was, in the accompanying soundtrack.

>Wreck-It Ralph is a giant of a man
>Nine feet tall with really big hands
>Living in a stump on his very own land
>Until his world went crazy

>He was minding his own business on the day they came
>They showed a piece of paper saying "eminent domain"
>They built an apartment building saying progress was to blame
>But he got mad, and he turned bad
>Brick by brick, he's gonna take his land back

Literally he was a law-abiding American landowner until the government screwed him over and probably didn't justly compensate him.

That land was presumably handed over to a third party developer for economic reasons and a rent apartment building was constructed at the site. This is entirely legal in the United States until Executive Order 13406 in 2006.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEdM4iL3hK8
>>
>>94486399
That Arcade probably has some surrounding it in the Wreck-it-Ralph universe about how some characters disappear sometimes and a look-alike appears on a completely different game, or how that Sugar Rush has a creepy old guy replaceming one of the main characters
>>
>>94486967
Meant to reply to
>>94486910
>>
File: 1462921382843.gif (460KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1462921382843.gif
460KB, 620x620px
>>94484526
>>94484956
>>94486235
>>94486294
>>94486726

Even in real life, some young people and old people get mad and shit talk or are asshole to actors because of them portraying vilains.

Or some fangirls try to force their gay pairing into real life and insult some actors wife.

Same shit happens with the vilains of the games, but its kind of worse because its half playing the part, and half who they actualy are.
>>
File: IMG_3054.png (47KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3054.png
47KB, 220x220px
>>94486718
Of all the Egdy, anti-hero mirrors of the protagonist, Dark Pit is the only one I legitimately feel bad for. He doesn't even his own name, all he has is a permanent connection to this gullible eternal child who's too stupid to see when he's being tricked into getting trapped into a ring.

Maybe he can get an Apprenticeship with Dyntos. That staff of his he made is pretty bitchin.
>>
File: 1501985223544.png (403KB, 436x389px) Image search: [Google]
1501985223544.png
403KB, 436x389px
>>94481720
> the party was to celebrate the game 30th anniversary and not even inviting someone who is like the II most important character to that game is a dick move you could just invite the man
> Ralph was a genuinely good guy But cuz he has a specific job that is important to the game nobody likes him
>If you treat someone like shit for doing their job that is important to everybody don't expect them to show up to that job that you hate him for doing when you need them
>>
>>94487779
I still think Wil Wheaton deserves the shit he gets
>>
>>94487903
What made Dark Pit great was that he was a blatant parody of the edgy anti-hero dark doppelganger.
Not only was he not taken seriously by anyone, he was the manifestation of all the evil inside someone who is totally not evil.
Original Pit had so little darkness in him, that his dark side amounts to nothing more than bratty kid.
Dark Pit fails at his original purpose completely.
He is pretty much Pit in a Batman costume going "I AM THE NIGHT!"
>>
>>94487779
>Or some fangirls try to force their gay pairing into real life and insult some actors wife.
Sup Shatner.
>>
>>94487700
>Wreck it Ralph is ancap

I need memes. Throw gene from a helicopter.
>>
>>94487779
Sometimes its the exact opposite. Sometimes the villain is by far the most favorite character in the series.
Dr. Eggman (and his va by proxy) comes to mind.
Wario was so good they gave him his own series, twice.
>>
>>94486679
No, he mentions his distaste of chocolate again in Sugar Rush. Can't remember if he later changes his mind when it provides a use unrelated to eating.

He was just pointing out that she went to the effort of finding out everyone's favorite flavor but his. Can't imagine what else you'd flavor the mud though. Black cherry?
>>
>>94488326
Well he said he loved chocolate when it broke his and Vanellope's fall near the end of the movie. Probably wasn't talking about the taste though
>>
File: 7uvv-Kpt.jpg (42KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
7uvv-Kpt.jpg
42KB, 383x383px
>>94487903
>no love for best evil protagonist reskin
>>
>>94481791
This fampai. Dick was being all high and mighty, trying to shit talk the guy who keeps them housed and ignoring the other guy who keeps them housed.

When you act like you are better than 2 out of the 2 guys who allow you to live comfortably, you are guaranteed to be in the wrong.

Tl;dr Dick was acting like a teenager going "fuck you, dad, you aren't even around and I don't have to respect you!"
>>
>>94488082
Yeah, but for reasons unrelated to Wesley Crusher.
>>
File: Sugar Rush Lineup.jpg (1MB, 1410x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sugar Rush Lineup.jpg
1MB, 1410x800px
>>94481807
especially when you consider that Ralph could do it to him for hours on end considering game characters are immortal inside their own game

>>94482290
there's a reason that they renamed it to Sugar Rush for the Japanese release

>>94484617
well it's more that he hijacked the existing King Candy NPC to do so(and stole a bunch of Vanellope's code as well), but yeah

>>94486248
>>94486339
>>94486399
way I see it there probably was a King Candy NPC in the game originally, if mostly because it's hard to believe that Turbo was talented enough at hacking to make such a complicated disguise for himself

>>94486718
makes sense, Sugar Rush has a pretty large amount of reskins among it's existing characters
>>
>>94486399
Just another urban legend.
>in this Arcade there's a machine in which you can play as an exclusive character instead of Vanellope.
Just imagine how much money that old guy in the arcade must have made from gamers all over the country.
>>
>>94489575
>Sticky Wippleshit
u wot
>>
>>94490338
Snit.
>>
>>94481999
They were in a bonus game, and Felix doesn't kill enemies. They could die in Ralphs game if there was a threat to their being, but there was no thread.
>>
>>94486448
As opposed to Sugar Rush, there's simply no ignoring this.
>>
>>94486615
>>94486669
>New Racers Daily
Isn't this explained in the film? There's no "new racers" that haven't already been programmed into the game. They race while the arcade is closed to determine who makes it as a playable racer the following day.
>>
>>94486399
>>94486448
>>94490665
My headcanon is Litwak was a programmer who did this kind of shit with his games all the time, so customers were used to odd things being in his cabinets.
>>
>>94489575

I always get Minty Zaky confused with Sticky Whipplesnit. Sticky is best racer. Not enough art of her.
>>
>>94490748
You got it right.
Some people don't pay attention to the movie, they're probably looking for the slightest hint to prove a character is gay instead.
>>
>>94490091
Boy imagine all those creepypastas
>>
The problem with wreck it ralph was that he wasn't really a villan. At all.

He wasn't ugly, he wasn't dislikeable, he was only in the fucking dirt because the 'game rules' put him there.

This isn't the story of a prince finding the bravery to strike at the dragon. This is the story of a princess rising the steps to her rightful place as queen of the ball.
>>
File: 1461859998990.png (483KB, 529x470px) Image search: [Google]
1461859998990.png
483KB, 529x470px
>>94489575
>Seeing that Vanellope is a princess, King Candy NPC must have been eithe her dad or just someone related to her by family
>Turbo replaces his code with his and usurps Vanellope's playable character status too, all while brainwashing everybody in the game
>So much damage was done by the end of the movie that the original King Candy is not restored
>>
>>94481849
>>94481928
Bowser's a pretty great guy to hang out with when he's not kidnapping Peach. Whenever he does wrong, Mario beats him and sets it right. He's already been punished for doing bad when he's beaten, why ostracize him like a complete jerk?
>>
>>94485146
>Gene thread
>No-one's posted those images
I'm disappointed in you /co/
>>
>>94491615
>the problem with Wreck It Ralph is that he didn't contradict the entire moral and message of the movie
>>
>>94491743
Oh shit, fair enough
>>
>>94481720
>Why do people give Gene so much shit?

Because Gene was bringing work into daily life. He wasn't capable of separating a person as an individual from beyond their job.

Literally, the moral of the story for Wreck-It Ralph was don't be an asshole to people and your "job" doesn't define you as an individual: the bad guys anonymous thing tried to communicate this and was foreshadowed and referenced when Ralph saved everybody. Ralph's position as a "bad guy" is a narrative position, it doesn't reflect his actual personality or devalue his status as a person, it doesn't prevent him from being an evil individual or what have you.

Gene gets so much shit because he's that guy who gives the garbage man or the city-worker shit because, "you're just some fucking goomba who picks up my shit and shovels pot-holes, get out of my face you PEON." Gene doesn't see them as a person or an individual, they're just an asset, number, or resource that's beneath him.

Wreck-It Ralph would actually make a pretty good class-struggle kind of movie if it didn't, like, literally appoint the candy girl as a queen and make it more about her than Ralph.
>>
>>94489575
>all those reskins
>>
>>94486781
Apparently I know more than you
>>
>>94486294
Mario Kart and Sonic Arcade, both are pretty old but they existed
>>
>>94492918
still better than mario kart 8
>>
>>94486669
Pretty sure it is a situation like there are 30 or so in the game but only 15 are available to play at any given time. They other 15 are rotated in and out constantly.
>>
>>94481877
>"Why are YOU here, Gene?"

Line makes me laugh every fucking time.
>>
>>94481823
>You don't see Toad telling Bowser to fuck off when the Mario Crew goes on a golfing trip.
That'd be pretty fucking funny though.
>>
>>94485076
its a racing game, it probably has a Mario Kart Lakitu esque thing. plus looking at it, it doesnt seem like the game to have in game deaths for going off track or out of bounds.
>>
>>94489575
Did all of them have powers like Vanellope's teleporting or Candlehead's cherry bombs?
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.