[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a Superman telltale game be any good? What would it look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3472.png (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3472.png
22KB, 400x400px
Would a Superman telltale game be any good? What would it look like /co/? Any ideas?
>>
>>94480574
I wanted to say >>>/v/ but then I remembered that Telltale games are barely games at all.

So anyone got any good Superman OC they want to share?
>>
>>94480574
Where's Tales from the Borderlands S2?
>>
>>94480574
Might be ok. Can't be worse than the other shit TellTale puts out these days.
>>
Telltale need to make a game about a mute person who can only communicate via exaggerated gestures and interpretive dance.
>>
>>94480728
>>
>>94480574
As long as it's more Sam and Max in tone than Wolf Among Us in tone, I don't oppose to the idea
>>
File: fist_pump.gif (130KB, 1280x1189px) Image search: [Google]
fist_pump.gif
130KB, 1280x1189px
>>94480693
When gearbox leave that fire dumpster called battleborn and start making borderlands 3
>Hope will be more like the first one
>>
>glass Luthor
>>
>game
lmao, they're barely interactive visual novels and nothing more
>>
>>94480574
>Tap X to snap Zod's neck
>>
>>94480574
Action sequences/ saving people as Superman
Investigating/ Acting the fool as Clark Kent

Take cues from the Donner films and Fleischer shorts, a little bit of TAS and it could be a great experience.

Playing sequences where you get to choose what power to use in what situation, or which pratfall to take as Clark could finally give us the experience of really feeling like Superman without normal game-mechanics getting in the way.

A serious plot could involve Intergang supplying weapons to gangs and ultimately leading to a comnflict with Darkseid.

A more lighthearted plot could involve Mr. Mxyzptlk turning Metropolis into Bizarroworld or something.
>>
>>94481146
That all sounds lovely, but we most be sucking more Bat-cock instead.

I actually like TT Batman, but another DC hero could use the exposure.
>>
Dunno but back in 2013 I wanted a Venture Bros game made by them
I don't want anymore because Telltale is now repetitive as fuck
>>
Given how good playing as Bruce Wayne is, probably.
>>
>>94480574
>would an [x] telltale game be good
No. They made two good games then a LOT of trash
>>
>>94480574
>TellTale
Fuck that, put the guys who made Until Dawn behind it, that game was better than anything TT has put out in a while
>>
Telltalle is pretty much the only game format I can visualize working for Superman.

That isn't to say Superman games are impossible, just that I don't have the imagination to envision one.
>>
>>94482799
Telltale will remember that.
>>
What I would want:
>the opportunity to make moral choices without having to do lots of big shitty fights
>using your powers in creative ways to solve problems with legitimate puzzles
>telling a story with full access to the entire Superman mythos set in the mainstream DCU

What we'd actually get:
>"young Superman" story with one or two villains Superman is meeting for the first time
>stupid QTE battles
>set in its own universe with zero history and horribly reimagined villains because the comics aren't srs bsns enough
>"puzzles" with exactly one solution where everything you can interact with is highlighted
>such meaningful choices as whether to be polite to Lex Luthor or be a dick to him, whether to be nice to Lois Lane or be a dick to her, whether to be nice to Jimmy Olsen or be a dick to him, and WHO DIES: CHARACTER 1 WHO'LL HAVE ONE LINE IN THE SEQUEL OR CHARACTER 2 WHO WILL HAVE ONE LINE IN THE SEQUEL?
>>
>>94483067
>telling a story with full access to the entire Superman mythos set in the mainstream DCU

I will never get the obsession with setting games in the literal comic universes. Why limit yourself that way?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.