[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he really even the same character as Deathstroke?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

he seems just completely different in practically every way.
>>
>>94476326
In my country they didn't even bother changing his name, everyone called him Deathstroke
>>
He may be the 'Same', but I view this version as a different character.
>>
>>94476326
He's a much, much better character than Deathstroke. Aside from his weird obsession with Robin
>>
>>94477820
what country?
>>
>>94476326
>deathstroke: morally ambiguous mercernary. Would occasionally do the right thing but mostly did whatever paid the most. Terrible father
>Slade: same costume but but some unexplained reason wanted to destroy the city and torture teenagers. Family was never expanded on
Yeah i feel like hes totally different
>>
>>94479373
Him wanting to rape Robin was the only good thing about him
>>
>>94479373
How was "Slade" a good character at all
I don't remember him having any motivation, reasoning, or origin
He's just an edgy archetype of shadowy in the darkness evil guy
>>
You'll also notice that Robin, Starfire, Terra, Killer Moth etc. are completely different characters in this show. It's not a faithful adaptation.
>>
>>94476326
>Stalks and makes plans to kill off teenagers for barely any reason.
>Wants to control them and turn to his side for vaguely-defined reasons.
>Remains the most iconic enemy they have faced.

Other than not being a mercenary and having this "creepy dark schemer aura", I'd say he is quite similar to the original. Original Slade just didn't give a shit about... everything, but he wasn't a card-carrying villain like the cartoon Slade.
>>
>>94480359
>Stalks and makes plans to kill off teenagers for barely any reason.
He literally turned down a direct opportunity to do so in the season 1 finale, consequence-free. He's not in it for teh evulz, anon.
>>
Only thing I took away from Toon Slade is his voice.

Ron Perlman is the perfect voice for Deathstroke. Everyone else who's done it just sounds like an edgy try hard.
>>
>>94476326
Pretty different character mostly stemming from how Deathstroke is just a merc while Slade is some kind of plotter that wants to rule shit because of ???
>>
>>94480461
I'm like 99% sure the voice was heavily altered, though, based on other work that VA has done.
>>
The only difference between comic Deathstroke and his cartoon version is that the cartoon doesn't try to justify his crimes and that he's not a mercenary.
>>
>>94480575
That's two differences, retard.
>>
>>94480468
Deathstroke was always a plotter in the comics too.
>>
>>94480479
It's called range
>>
>>94480633
I'm well aware of range, anon, and again I'm 99% certain it's not that.
>>
Pretty sure the creators wanted an original villain cast but the Network said no so they just took established villains and changed their names and/or personalities to fit their mold
>>
>>94480675
Like they did with the main cast?
>>
>>94476326
>top-tier mercenary who can make it as a B/C-list Bats villain
>struggles against and is obsessed with a bunch of amateurs
>>
>>94480788
>Amateurs
Beast boy, Robin, Starfire, and Donna are are all experienced veterans.
>>
>>94479373
t. casual who hasn't read prieststroke
>>
What I wanna know is which episodes are actual Slade episodes. I never really enjoyed TT that much outside of Slade's appearences.
>>
>>94480788
>amateurs

>A highly-skilled child soldier
>A half-demon telekinetic
>A human zoo who trained with the Doom Patrol
>A genetically-enhanced alien war machine
>A tank squeezed into a black quarterback

I wouldn't want to take any of them on.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.