[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers, defenders of truth, robots who fight in disguise.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

File: foc-screamer.jpg (330KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
foc-screamer.jpg
330KB, 1600x900px
Transformers, defenders of truth, robots who fight in disguise. Will the so called prequel movie coming up basically just be the WFC/FOC games story but with a bigger animation budget and Bayformers designs designs?
>>
>>94474801
isn't the prequel about bumblebee?
>>
>>94474868
There's the Bumble Bee movie and then a Cybertron focused animated movie in the works.
>>
>>94474928
ah!
wonder if they will do something coherent about the whole thing (megatron works for the fallen while simultaneously being in cahoots with sentinel)
>>
>>94474801
>bayformers universe

aaaaand it'll prolly be shit. shoulda went G1 or G1 inspired.
>>
>>94475040
you want a prequel movie to the 1980s cartoon?
>>
>>94475040
I want Brains and Wheelie: Origins
>>
>>94475116
nah, just something similar to it in style and story. i want the series to return to it's roots.
>>
>>94475488
pretty much what the IDW comics are for
>>
>>94475550
Outside of designs in IDW being more reminiscent of G1 than anything else, I would have to beg to differ still, from what I've read it seems to largely do it's own thing and has a different vibe

That being said, I've only read a handful of odd shit here and there over the years, I know it's been pretty long running and has different series and whatnot so I'm no expert, but from what I've experienced it's very much it's own thing
>>
File: tffd_02_09.jpg (195KB, 655x1023px) Image search: [Google]
tffd_02_09.jpg
195KB, 655x1023px
>>94475488
Would you like Megatron being evil because Sentinel-senpai doesn't notice him over Optimus?
>>
>>94475770
>those faces
Jesus
>>
>>94475770
>That issue where Megatron straps robobabies to his body has armor against Optimus
>>
>>94475770
If I see that fucking Megatron one more time...
>>
>>94477824
Then what?
>>
File: sad piece of shit.png (560KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
sad piece of shit.png
560KB, 1275x1650px
>>94479999
Then I will be mildly disappointed that you got quads for something so normal as not getting an old meme
>>
>>94474801
>defenders of truth, robots who fight in disguise
This line pisses me off so much.
>>
File: 1501923993-t3.jpg (191KB, 662x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1501923993-t3.jpg
191KB, 662x1018px
>>
File: 1501923993-t4.jpg (191KB, 662x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1501923993-t4.jpg
191KB, 662x1018px
>>
File: 1501923994-t5.jpg (196KB, 662x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1501923994-t5.jpg
196KB, 662x1018px
>>
File: 1501923994-t6.jpg (205KB, 662x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1501923994-t6.jpg
205KB, 662x1018px
>>
File: 1501923994-t7.jpg (123KB, 662x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1501923994-t7.jpg
123KB, 662x1018px
>>
>>94475008
The reason is that Megayron wanted to use sentinel to kill the fallen after the falleb give megatron the power of a prime.
This was explained better in almost every other media except the movies
>>
>>94480809
Why
>>
Can you give us a hint of any major surprises or revelations that readers can expect from First Strike?

MS: Well, Scarlett’s gonna throw down with the last person on Earth she wants to fight. Anyone who thinks Shazraella’s gonna spend this book clinging to some-one’s shoulder is sorely mistaken. Optimus is in for a rude awakening and Elita One is going to prove once again that there’s a reason she’s the same color as Cybertronian blood. Oh, and that’ll take us to the end of Issue 2.

DR: I’m not sure what we’re clear to say this early on. But I can say that this isn’t just an “event” series—the universe is going to be permanently changed in a meaningful way by the end of First Strike. Hopefully we can get some jaws and f-bombs to drop. When working with characters with such a long history, how do you raise the bar and bring readers something they haven’t seen before?

MS: The most challenging part was more tonal than anything else. Till All Are One is a very political book. G.I. Joe is very balls-to-the-wall crazy action. Micronauts is fast-paced with a lot of wry humor. M.A.S.K. and Rom take on a darker tone. We wanted to feel like all these books could live together and still give fans each book’s unique aspect.

DR: I think the best thing we can do for the readers, and luckily Mairghread and David Hedgecock have been a big advocate for this as well, is to make sure that we are engaging all the characters in this story with emotional stakes that resonate with our readers. Sure, we can put Cybertron at risk with a huge, summer blockbuster style event and visuals, but without that relatable, human backbone to the story, it feels hollow. We are going to do our best to deliver that experience to fans.
>>
Are there any characters you’re going to work with in First Strike that you haven’t had the chance to write before? Any characters you’ve been away from for a while that you’re excited to write again?

MS: This is my first time writing Scarlett and I am psyched. I’ve been wanting to write her for years. And it’s always a thrill to write Optimus. It’s been surprising how fun all the Joes are to write, but the real stand-out right now is Shazraella. She’s such a stuck-up, overconfident, condescending...well, every line of dialogue she has is a joy.

DR: Scarlett has always been a favorite. I was glad that I got to use her in the M.A.S.K. Annual and she has a large part in First Strike. She is just a fantastic character to write. But part of the fun of First Strike is the opportunity to discover and expand on characters I wasn’t as familiar with growing up and exploring how they interact with each other. But don’t be surprised if you see Sunstreaker. He is, after all, the prettiest damn Transformer that ever rolled out.

And finally, if you could be a Transformer,who or what would you want the ability to transform into?

MS: JET! JET! JET! Wait—! Robot dragon! No, 1950s UFO! ...Did anyone call shark/bird yet?

This may take a while.

DR: Oh, I would totally want to be Shockwave. Not only is his design incredible, but he might be the most stone-cold, ghost-faced, unflappable character in the entire universe. I don’t know if you remember, but Megatron called him from Earth after 4 million years and Shockwave picked up on the FIRST RING. No hemming and hawing, or “Where the hell you been?!” He was just “Yes, Lord Megatron.” 4 million years and he didn’t blink. That’s just badass.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/interview-with-idw-first-strike-writers-mairghread-scott-david-rodriguez-full-preview-hasbrofirststrike/39196/
>>
>>94474801
I just want a good Transformers movie
>>
>>94475459
One is a genius the others fan-made
>>
>>94482693
They're Wheelie
They're Wheelie and the Brains Brains Brains Brains Brains
>>
File: Hanging_Hunter.jpg (52KB, 509x431px) Image search: [Google]
Hanging_Hunter.jpg
52KB, 509x431px
It still hurts.

Why'd they have to do it to my boy?
>>
File: 1496856494190.png (156KB, 540x463px) Image search: [Google]
1496856494190.png
156KB, 540x463px
I miss my boy so much, when will he get a good role again?
>>
>>94484571
Considering it took them almost 20 years to dust off Blackarachnia and Sky-Byte, my guess would be in another 10 years when TFA nostalgiafaggotry kicks in.

That's how it works for non-G1 characters.
>>
>>94484653
Would be nice if we get to see Prime Bulkhead again, with a new rival...
>>
>>94485019
Movie Hound was supposed to be Bulkhead but Michael Bay got in the way. Again.
>>
File: Shockwave's secret weapon.png (86KB, 400x1389px) Image search: [Google]
Shockwave's secret weapon.png
86KB, 400x1389px
>>94484653
I'll be old by then :(

>>94485019
>prime bulkhead
you have the worst taste in bulkheads good sir it almost makes what happened in >>94485372 redeemable
>>
>>94474928
>Cybertron focused animated movie

Is it part of Bayformers?
>>
>>94485703
What I mean is, itd be neat if Bullhead shows up in RID with Lugnut as a rival.

And any KMR character is automatically a good one.
>>
>>94486183
>with Lugnut as a rival
You beautiful temptress
>>
>>94486183
>>94486223
Well, that was the idea, then someone who hates fun (like a good chunk of the people working on Prime) said they had enough flying Decepticons so they went with fucking Breakdown, of all people.
>>
File: TFP S3.png (68KB, 250x252px) Image search: [Google]
TFP S3.png
68KB, 250x252px
>>94486263
>they had enough flying Decepticons
THEN WHY THE FUCK DID THEY MAKE SOUNDWAVE A FLYER?
>>
>>94486263
Question: Would it have been such a crime to make Lugnut an SUV rather than a bomber jet?

Also, consider the following: Given what Breakdown's fate was, do you REALLY want Lugnut to have been in that position?

I know I thought the same thing about Hardshell
>Giant one-eyed Decepticon
>Hates Bulkhead (via Wrecker association)
>Was voiced by Davide Kaye
The character seemed almost perfect to have been Lugnut, and I was initially pissed they just named a generic Insecticon for the role....but then Miko killed Hardshell and I was glad it wasn't Lugnut
>>
>>94486509
I didn't care by that point, the show did an awful job of setting up the antagonists. Decepticons keep getting killed while Autobots practically stay the same until the last season, where they get more reinforcements. Prime just made too many mistakes:

-Give Decepticons an army of mooks
-Constantly find artifacts that could change the tide of the war... then keep them in a vault (both sides are guilty of this), or get rid of them almost immediately.
-Human characters matter early on, but are almost completely pointless by the end. Hell, they end up getting into trouble and almost fucking everything up for the Autobots near the end.
-Named Decepticons barely fight as a team, and are killed constantly
>>
>>94484171
Cause his character sucked. Now if only someone would just step on Verity and get it over with we can move on with our lives and forget they ever existed.
>>
>>94486720
I know the main reasons the cons were killed off was because the execs wanted to cut down voiceactor costs.

>tfw breakdown was killed off, hardshell only lasted 1.5 episodes and airachnid was put into storage because of precious shekles
>>
>>94486868
>not having the balls to actually axe Airachnid because (I assume) she's a STRONK WOMYN

Considering they had no problem doing it to a vast majority of the other Decepticons, it annoys me

Airachnid was probably the Decepticon who MOST deserved to die, and yet her rival didn't do it when she had her on the ropes.

And then she became some kind of undead monster that was a risk to all Cybertronians in general...and they STILL didn't put her down
>>
>>94486984
It's implied she just ate all the Insecticons and died of hunger on Cybertron's moon. Still not satisfactory, but they didn't give a shit at that point.
>>
>>94487018
>It's implied she just ate all the Insecticons and died of hunger on Cybertron's moon.

Where was this implication? I must have missed it

but I'm just glad she's dead, so I'll take it
>>
>>94486770
Hoi poloi, such edge.
>>
>>94486183
>And any KMR character is automatically a good one.

Even Terrashock?
>>
>>94487145
ESPECIALLY Terrashock!

but not really
>>
>>94487102
not that anon but:
>the zombie rules are that the experimental energon is constantly depleting their natural reserves when that runs out they turn into mindless zombie
>in the end scene all the insecticons are lined up for airacnid, implying her reserves are burning so much she has to eat constantly.

so yeah, unless RiD gives us a plot twist, airachnid would have died alone on a rock after eating all her minions, then come back as a zombie.
So basically skyquake tiddy edition
>>
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/transformers/hasbro-confirms-that-a-new-animated-transformers-movie-is-in-developmentbut-theres-a-catch-a153078
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.