[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 533
Thread images: 154

File: Jocasta_Nu.jpg (65KB, 595x752px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Jocasta_Nu.jpg
65KB, 595x752px
Snoke Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Inferno Squad (Jul 25)
Doctor Aphra #10 (Jul 26)

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: DFSINT9XUAAUoAJ.jpg (102KB, 778x1181px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DFSINT9XUAAUoAJ.jpg
102KB, 778x1181px
First for Thrawn
>>
>>94213346
We lost her too soon
>>
File: dookusmile.png (578KB, 1344x590px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dookusmile.png
578KB, 1344x590px
Cooku for Dooku
>>
>>94213380
but thats dash rendar
>>
File: karen_traviss.jpg (57KB, 360x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
karen_traviss.jpg
57KB, 360x270px
What is she, /swco/?
>>
I prefer concept Rey's outfit to what we got. While still okay, the chosen outfit is too faux Jedi, right down to the flowy, silky tabbard
>>
WHEN'S RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULS
>>
>>94213583
Don't drag old arguments into a new thread.
>>
>>94213706
My apologies. You are right, no point in the debate, and I dont want to set the tone for this thread with that.
>>
>>
>>94213346
>snoke edition
>pic related
kek
>>
>people on /swco/ are so insecure with their opinions that they have to act like they're not in the minority
Look, this thread is comfy as fuck sometimes, but don't get buttblasted just because someone mentions that most people don't like the prequels.
>>
>>94213913
You didn't hear?
>>
File: (you).png (690KB, 1752x492px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
(you).png
690KB, 1752x492px
>>94213938
>>
File: 1498666470434.jpg (69KB, 1133x278px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1498666470434.jpg
69KB, 1133x278px
>>94213938
Prove it, without anecdotes
>>
File: snoke tlj.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
snoke tlj.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
>Snoke is actually just an old guy with dementia that the First Order uses as a figurehead and everyone just pretends to take orders from him
>Kylo is literally the only person in the entire organization who hasn't been told this
>>
File: pabhild.png (53KB, 638x294px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pabhild.png
53KB, 638x294px
>>
File: Goldmember.png (3MB, 1384x1206px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Goldmember.png
3MB, 1384x1206px
>>
>>94214533
So he didn't learn his lesson from that first smelting accident, did he?
>>
File: tfwgrandpanever.gif (684KB, 540x278px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tfwgrandpanever.gif
684KB, 540x278px
>>94214512
>>
>>94214512
>>94214533
Oh, my, that robe is... unfortunate. That robe looks like a fancy dinner jacket or a cocktail dress.
>>
>>94214512
This definitely looks like the face of someone who's been diddling Kylo since childhood.
>>
File: obirobi.jpg (132KB, 441x1021px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
obirobi.jpg
132KB, 441x1021px
>>
>>94214662
He looks like he's just been asked about it
>Have you been molesting Ben Solo?
>N-no. Who told you that?
>>
File: chris_hansen.jpg (19KB, 245x367px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
chris_hansen.jpg
19KB, 245x367px
>>94214662
>>94214682
>Why don't you have a seat?
>No, this isn't what it looks like, I just came here to complete his training!
>>
>>94214295
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/franchise/star_wars_saga

http://www.metacritic.com/search/movie/star%20wars/results

http://www.imdb.com/find?ref_=nv_sr_fn&q=star+wars&s=all

>inb4 reviews and fan ratings don't count
>>
File: 1498610167770.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1498610167770.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>94214746
People who hate or love to a fault are more likely to leave a rating, and it's chic to hate the prequels.
>>
>>94214746
>online polls that can be manipulated and aren't reliable are somehow a reliable way to judge GA opinions, when most people aren't going to bother going to RT/metacritic/IMDb to leave a rating
>and are somehow a better source than someone who works at the company that makes Star Wars and would have access to the demographic data they have internally and hwo has proven himself to be someone who doesn't just blindly praise and defend everything his company makes
>>
>>94215004
>>94215220
>provide evidence

>that evidence doesn't count for arbitrary reasons that I decided, even though I can't give any evidence to the contrary

Jesus Christ, how delusional are you?
>>
>>94215220
>would have access to the demographic data they have internally
Exactly what data is this that he has? Lucasfilms magically knows the opinion of everyone who has seen the Star Wars movies?

Any data they have is from polls that they may have done in the past. Polls thats have not been cited.

So on one hand we have polls across all the movies where we can see they all have a considerable sample size (no reason to expect bias, though polls COULD be manipulated) vs the word of someone who does have a reason to be bias (he works at the company after all) who is getting his information from.... somewhere? He didnt cite where he got his results from so for all we know, the sample size could be 1/10 of the size which is coming from a poll that could also have been manipulated.

Ya choice one is a far better judge of the general audience opinions.
>>
>>94215288
Anon, you need to prove that the GA hates the prequels.

Using a couple popular(and easily manipulated) websites on the internet does not constitute an accurate measurement for GA(I repeat, general audience) opinion

you'd need something like a detailed article collecting hundreds of thousands of tweets and facebook posts and instagram posts to get something more reliable
>>
>>94215364
>the only proof I'll accept is something that's literally impossible to get
Oh, okay ... if that's all you want
>>
Is the Poe comic worth reading?
>>
>>94214512
>>
>>94215457
Yeah it's good. A lot of people here don't seem to like it, but I'm not sure why. I think it's a lot more interesting than the original Vader run and Aphra.
>>
>>94215457
If you like filler anime then yes.
>>
>>94215364
>you'd need something like a detailed article collecting hundreds of thousands of tweets and facebook posts and instagram posts to get something more reliable
Oh and he can go around asking people for their opinions on all the movies... maybe a good 800,000 + people. He can ask them if they liked it or not and then make a percentage based off the number of people that did and didnt like it. He should probably than post his findings on sites that specialize in reviewing movies or something. Ideally with the reviews of the critics also so people can compare it all.
>>
>>94215457
Not really. It has some neat moments here and there but a good 70% of it is a boring slog, largely because the comic does absolutely nothing to make Poe an interesting or dynamic character.
>>
>>94215475
Is it space top gun?
>>
>>94215511
Far from it. It's just Poe and his squad running errands and killing time. The original premise of the comic was that it would detail how Poe found Lor San Tekka, but it keeps going on unrelated tangents and every now and then reminding the reader what it's supposed to be about but then failing to get back on track. For most of the comic the villain Terex is much more interesting than Poe or his squad, but even he reached his limit.
>>
>>94215364
>(and easily manipulated)
Why is this always the go-to way to deny the score on review sites?

Think about it a second...
-who are these people manipulating the scores or the star wars prequels?
-if it's OT purists, why is TFA so highly liked?
-if people love the prequels so much, why aren't they fervently manipulating the scores in the positive?
-how do these mass manipulators manage to keep things consistent?
>>
File: What is he co.jpg (3MB, 1776x2384px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
What is he co.jpg
3MB, 1776x2384px
What is he co?
>>
>>94215364
Do you think it's just happenstance that "PT is disliked" is such a commonly said thing? There's a reason the PT gets shit on so much, even if it's exaggerated at times.

Trying to deny that is like telling someone who says "Godfather 1 and 2 are the best movies of all time" that it's a meme opinion. Sure, maybe it's overly parroted, but it has its basis in the fact that people generally agree that they're amazing movies.
>>
>>94215540
What I meant to ask is if it's something spacefighter focused or if Poe is just doing the usual pulp hero stuff of running about and doing everything but piloting
>>
>>94215361
>Exactly what data is this that he has? Lucasfilms magically knows the opinion of everyone who has seen the Star Wars movies?
You'd have to ask him for specifics, but my best guess is figures for sales of each movie(dvd/bluray/digital), merchandise sales of toys/shirts/etc from each era, and other similar things. You know, the kind of data a company would have to have to know what people want.

>Any data they have is from polls that they may have done in the past. Polls thats have not been cited.
that's making assumptions we simply cannot make given the information

>So on one hand we have polls across all the movies where we can see they all have a considerable sample size (no reason to expect bias, though polls COULD be manipulated) vs the word of someone who does have a reason to be bias (he works at the company after all) who is getting his information from.... somewhere?
We have a couple easily manipulable internet polls vs the word of someone at the company who has proven to be unbiased and who would have access to marketing data.

> He didnt cite where he got his results from so for all we know, the sample size could be 1/10 of the size which is coming from a poll that could also have been manipulated.
again, you can't make these assumptions

>>94215390
So you're admitting it's impossible to disprove Pablo's tweets?

>>94215541
>Why is this always the go-to way to deny the score on review sites?
Because it's true?

>Think about it a second...
>-who are these people manipulating the scores or the star wars prequels?
ot elitists

>-if it's OT purists, why is TFA so highly liked?
becuase, surprise surprise, a lot of OT purists liked TFA

>-if people love the prequels so much, why aren't they fervently manipulating the scores in the positive?
because normies aren't going to manipulate scores on an internet website

>-how do these mass manipulators manage to keep things consistent?
they don't

notice how widely varying the # of votes are on each film
>>
>>94215600
>Do you think it's just happenstance that "PT is disliked" is such a commonly said thing? There's a reason the PT gets shit on so much, even if it's exaggerated at times.
Do you understand that internet culture favors bandwagoning, and that you can't properly judge opinion based on what people on the internet say?
>>
>>94215457
I would wait until November when I suspect that it will finally catch up with TFA. It's boring as fuck as it's releasing because you have to wait a month for each issue but I imagine reading it all together right before TFA would be cool since the overall story shows how Poe tracked down Lorr San Tekka.
>>
>>94215613
>What I meant to ask is if it's something spacefighter focused or if Poe is just doing the usual pulp hero stuff of running about and doing everything but piloting
A little of both, there's some piloting but mainly it's Poe fucking around doing the usual pulp hero stuff.

It sounds more interesting than it actually is.
>>
shut the fuck up with this dumb tired argument and post shipfus
>>
>>94215683
>(space) nazis in Antarctica
>>
>>94215663
Shame I was hoping for mostly piloting and squadron life.
>>
>>94215646
I also understand that I was around in 1999 when TPM came out and people were shitting on Jar Jar Binks, CGI, and young Anakin out the gate, far before internet culture was really a thing.

Personally, I liked the movie because I was 10 and it was fucking cool. But that didn't stop me from hearing people deride it.
>>
>>94215731
>I also understand that I was around in 1999 when TPM came out and people were shitting on Jar Jar Binks, CGI, and young Anakin out the gate, far before internet culture was really a thing.
Plenty of people did the opposite too
>>
>>94215683
>>
>>94215628
Hold up - so your argument is that OT ELITISTS are maliciously effecting the ratings of the PT, yet they're similarly inflating the ratings of TFA?? In what world does that make sense?

> again, you can't make these assumptions
Yet here you are making a whole lot of assumptions with your claims that the votes are manipulated.

> notice how widely varying the # of votes are on each film

What exactly is your point here? The PT movie with the highest amount of RT votes is also the one with the highest rating. So, if anything, that shows that people are overvoting in the positive, not the negative.
>>
>>94215784
>>
>>94215751
>Plenty of people did the opposite too
Yeah sure ... of course they did. It was a popular movie; literally no one is denying that. But compared to the rest of the saga, people almost universally agreed that they weren't up to snuff. Do you really think the negative opinions are entirely a result of internet bandwagons?
>>
>>94215793
>Hold up - so your argument is that OT ELITISTS are maliciously effecting the ratings of the PT, yet they're similarly inflating the ratings of TFA?? In what world does that make sense?
This one.

>Yet here you are making a whole lot of assumptions with your claims that the votes are manipulated.
I said they could be.

I've also stated MULTIPLE times that internet polls are not an accurate measurement for the opinions of the general audience

>What exactly is your point here? The PT movie with the highest amount of RT votes is also the one with the highest rating. So, if anything, that shows that people are overvoting in the positive, not the negative.
can you really claim that Rotten Tomatoes is an accurate source when TFA has ~200,000 votes but ROTS has 33 million?
>>
>>94215817
>Yeah sure ... of course they did. It was a popular movie; literally no one is denying that.
You are

> But compared to the rest of the saga, people almost universally agreed that they weren't up to snuff.
Still need a source.

>Do you really think the negative opinions are entirely a result of internet bandwagons?
Did I say that? I don't recall typing those words.
>>
File: download.jpg (46KB, 375x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download.jpg
46KB, 375x500px
>>94215600

Fuck off. /swco/ is literally the only place to talk about Lucas/the PT positively. Go to /tv/ or 995 of any Star Wars forum if you want to bash them. Go watch documentaries or RLM reviews if you dislike them so much, instead of ruining the one place that appreciates them.
>>
>>94215683
>>
Can we establish it right now that the Jedi / Sith aspect of Star Wars is the weakest and most boring fucking thing about the entire series, and it needs to stop focusing on them?

>99% of the time it's a generic good vs evil story.
>gets too much attention because it turned Star Wars from generic fantasy with a coat of space paint into anime where bigger power levels (aka midichlorians) made for bigger fights, resulting in The Force Unleashed where the edgy OC character fights all the OT cast because fuck it.
>Jedi consist of emotionless assholes or just plain assholes, Sith consist of assholes who go around being smug all the time, and just plain evil.
>The only parts where Jedi / Sith are interesting is when the Jedi / Sith aspect isn't being focused on, Luke & Vader is only interesting because of the Father Son aspect, not the Jedi Sith aspect.
>Literally every other part of the series is great. Clones are great, Bounty Hunters are great, Smugglers are great, the Rebellion is great, the Empire is great, everything EXPECT the stupid magic shit is great.
>Every movie ever will have to involve the force somehow to pander to brainless consumers who only know star wars because LIGHTSABERS and FORCE PUSHES.
>>
>>94215844
There's a difference between talking about it positively and denying that they have flaws or that it's a minority opinion. Find one post in this thread that bashes the prequels, I dare you.
>>
File: george-lucas.jpg (161KB, 618x412px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
george-lucas.jpg
161KB, 618x412px
>>94215844
This is one of the few places I can actually talk about how much I admire Lucas and his ideas. He's misunderstood, and doesn't really deserve all the hate
>>
>>94215844
Anon, listen to yourself. Do you know what you sound like? You sound like the Snyderfags. Is that really the company you want to be in?
>>
File: latest-23.jpg (158KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
latest-23.jpg
158KB, 2048x1365px
>>94215683
>>
>>94215835
>You are
Except in that sentence, I said it was popular.

>Did I say that? I don't recall typing those words.
Strange comment after you just put words in my mouth. And maybe you didn't say it exactly, but you (or someone whose conversation you jumped in... this is an anonymous board) attributed opinions to internet bandwagoning here >>94215646

>Still need a source.
You've already proven that no source exists that would be acceptable.
>>
>>94214533
i love golddddddddd
>>
>>94215870
>99% of the time it's a generic good vs evil story.
Because nothing says sophisticated sci-fi like Star Wars. You're in the wrong franchise.
>gets too much attention because it turned Star Wars from generic fantasy with a coat of space paint into anime where bigger power levels (aka midichlorians) made for bigger fights, resulting in The Force Unleashed where the edgy OC character fights all the OT cast because fuck it.
Example of this outside of fucking videogames? And midichlorians aren't power levels, go away RLM. That's like saying White bloo cells are powerlevels>The only parts where Jedi / Sith are interesting is when the Jedi / Sith aspect isn't being focused on, Luke & Vader is only interesting because of the Father Son aspect, not the Jedi Sith aspect.
Boy, it's a good thing That's the main story of Star Wars then.
>>
>>94215844
>GET OUT OF MY SAFE SPACE
>>
>>94215683
>>
>>94215932
Before the EU wipe Midichlorians basically were power levels, look up all the powers Luke had in the original EU. He was basically god at that point, the guy could kill people with his BRAIN.

Also it's fine for the movies but then when you leave the PT / OT it just becomes a wash of boring jedi shit. The Force Awakens is boring because of it.
>>
>>94215870
>Every movie ever will have to involve the force somehow to pander to brainless consumers who only know star wars because LIGHTSABERS and FORCE PUSHES
This is like saying the next Fast and Furious movie shouldn't have any cars in it. The Force is the whole fucking thing when it comes to Star Wars.
>>
>>94215938
How would you feel if you couldn't talk about your favorite film without being shat on or having your conversation geared to having to defend it. And then in the ONE place you can actually discuss it, it gets brigaded daily and all conversations about the film devolved into defending/attacking it.
>>
>>94215683
>>
>>94215965
>Before the EU wipe
Why are you bringing up non-canon material? to make a point It's non-canon.

>The Force Awakens is boring because of it.
The Force Awakens is boring because J.J. is a hack who just rereleased A New Hope.
>>
>>94215966
I bet he was a 1313 fag too.
>>
>>94215995
Then fucking talk about your movie. The PT gets talked about in a positive light here all the fucking time. I was simply responding to a conversation at the end of the previous thread (I know, it's a no-no, but so what) that asserted the GA sees the PT in a higher light than the OT, which isn't even remotely true.
>>
>>94215965
>Before the EU wipe Midichlorians basically were power levels
and now it's not canon. Your point?
>>
>>94215683
I fucking NEED Luke to pull one out of orbit.
>>
>>94215683
>>
>>94216106
Fuck of I just want spaces wizards to do epic wizard shit.

God how long do I need to wait for a live action adaptation of "Autistic min-max D&D characters do battle" and you might think I'm being insulting but I unironically need that shit.
>>
/ourguy/
>>
>>94215965
Luke was ALWAYS meant to be the strongest Jedi ever. You can't blame Lucas for telling writers to keep that consistent.

Blame the writers of the non-Luke stories for trying to wank Jedi/Sith thinking that it was allowable for someone to seem stronger than Luke.
>>
>>94216092
Why does Luke need to be a force god/starkiller again? I never understood that.
>>
>>94214512
>tfw Snoke is the last Jedi
>>
>>94216157
I assume you are a fan of the Tales of the Jedi comics.
>>
>>94216208
idk who that guy is, but did he just crash two stars together to stop 2 spaceships?
>>
>>94216075
Then don't drag shit into the new thread you dumbass. You've singlehandedly ruined this thread. Go play in traffic.
>>
Let's try a new topic...

Does anyone play Galaxy of Heroes? My friend just got me started this week, and it's actually a lot better than I expected.
>>
>>94216192
Kung Pow confirmed canon?
>>
>>94216208
Yes.

People never bat an eye at the retarded power levels of shit in stuff like 40k, but suddenly when it's Star Wars people pop a fucking nerve.

And we're on fucking CO of all places a place that should fundamentally understand that higher powerlevels don't create a badstory.
>>
>>94216247
A lot of us used to. It's fun for a while but you eventually get to a point where it's just grindy as fuck with very little reward.
>>
I miss Aresko
>>
>>94216241
You know what's really difficult? Ignoring the reply button. I can't singlehandedly ruin a thread when there are multiple people in a conversation. You don't wanna talk about it? Don't talk about it. It was a conversation I felt like having.

You want a new conversation? How 'bout you actually try to start one?

I was talking about what I wanted to talk about ... what's your excuse?
>>
>>94216208
>>94216231
No they induced a solar flare via manipulating the gas exchange via the force.
>>
>>94216268
Yeah, I can already see that coming. Luckily I had just hit that plateau point in another game, so I needed something else to waste my time with.

My big complaint so far is how much it limits play for free users. I mean, I guess it stops me from wasting TOO much time, but still.
>>
>>94216247
I started playing yesterday. Pretty good but fuck is it going to take a long time to get the characters I want without spending real money.
>>
>>94216275
me too
>>
>>94216283
kys
>>
>>94216200
It's cool nigger.

It's like asking why Super-man needs to be "that" strong. Seriously for the purpose of most stories he doesn't need to be as powerful as he is. But he is and in the hands of a competent writer having a character who could just solve things with brute force, but not is interesting like 90% of Dream's problems in Sandman could have been brute forced.
>>
File: 1483233444634.jpg (640KB, 1280x1760px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1483233444634.jpg
640KB, 1280x1760px
>>94215965
> Midichlorians basically were power levels, look up all the powers Luke had in the original EU. He was basically god at that point, the guy could kill people with his BRAIN.

Nooo, they weren't? Authors explicitly avoided midichlorians throughout the old EU. Even characters interested in how the Force worked, like Jenna Zan Arbor in the Jedi Apprentice books, didn't mention them in her studies and experiments. Midichlorians have been a vety clear thing from their inception not as power levels denoting the unlocking of super Force powers, but discerning the potential depth of your connection to the Force. Yoda and Anakin's were high to the point where they could passively hear Force Spirits (Yoda happening upon Anakin's pain during the Tusken massacre in Episode II and Anakin's hearing Qui-Gon calling to Yoda in TCW). It's simply a matter of being able to feel the Force on another level.

What you speak of was the authors in the old EU having diddly squat an idea of how the Force works, thereby injecting their own interpretations which ended up turning the Force into a magic and superpowers.
>>
>>94215683
>>
>>94216334
Oh cool, so you don't want to have a real conversation about anything? You don't want to contribute to the thread? You realize you're just as much a cancer to this system as anyone?

Neat.
>>
>>94216157
You literally got this at the end of AotC and RotS.
>>
>>94216393
Luceno didn't
>>
File: Grievous rapist.png (184KB, 508x592px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Grievous rapist.png
184KB, 508x592px
>>94213406
>>
>>94215683
>>
>>94217423
haha
>>
File: 1481184633353.jpg (290KB, 600x750px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1481184633353.jpg
290KB, 600x750px
>tfw no grievous gf
>>
>>94217189
Dooku and Grievous buddy cop movie when?
>>
>>94217442
That still has to be the weirdest shit to come out of Grievous
>>
File: 1497999899343.png (153KB, 369x465px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1497999899343.png
153KB, 369x465px
>>94217442
>Not wanting a 7 ft cyborg bf instead
Weak.
>>
File: grievetan4.png (1MB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
grievetan4.png
1MB, 1280x1811px
>>94217583
The only thing I want coming out of Grievous is nervous stuttering when I ask her out on a date
>>
File: 53-HJVr58Y.jpg (78KB, 1024x859px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
53-HJVr58Y.jpg
78KB, 1024x859px
https://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/07/27/full-assortment-star-wars-last-jedi-lego-sets-revealed-news/
>>
>>94216203
>tfw Snoke is the first Jedi
>>
>>94217880
I like the bomber
>>
>>94217880
Nice
>>
>you will never make an extra 1k a month to write about ahsoka becoming a slut

why
>>
File: 1501131238521.jpg (165KB, 1600x912px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1501131238521.jpg
165KB, 1600x912px
>>94217880
>>
>>94218063

I believe in you anon. Not enough to pledge, just enough to pirate it on aco/f95. But I believe in you.
>>
>>94213938
>most people hate the movies that made asstons of money
>most people hate the movie that made asstons of money after two other movies that they could have based their expectations on
>most people hate the movies that made asstons of VHS/DVD/Blu-ray sales after it was out in theaters

Sorry mate, it's the prequel haters that are in the minority.
>>
File: onoB5Uk.jpg (323KB, 1220x1530px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
onoB5Uk.jpg
323KB, 1220x1530px
Kylo a CUTE!
>>
So when are these motherfuckers gonna be turned in to Phase 1 dark troopers?
>>
File: 1499566886159.jpg (31KB, 182x202px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1499566886159.jpg
31KB, 182x202px
>>94215881
You sound like a huge Marvelfag right now.
>>
>>94213938
Why even bother try start shit like this?

You said yourself the thread is comfy, lets keep it that way
>>
What are the odds that Rey goes evil and Kylo gets redeemed?

Zero-to-nothing? Especially with these recent leaks?

I just want it to be good...
>>
File: 5.gif (3MB, 540x255px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5.gif
3MB, 540x255px
This Weapon Is Your Life
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 1501172033780.png (77KB, 680x680px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1501172033780.png
77KB, 680x680px
>>94217850
>>
>>94219072
which comic is this?
>>
>>94219083
>>94219112
Why is Padme so ugly and fat in this?


>>94219072
Why is she fat?
>>
>>94219215
Darth Vader and the Lost Command
>>
>>94219223
He's speaking to pregnant dead woman. Also it's an illusion because he was off his fucking rocker and seeing shit.
>>
>>94219004
That would be the best twist but...
>>
>>94219004
>>94219253
It's the best outcome. It suits both characters and it's different and interesting. I'm seriously hoping they'll do it but I don't hold out a lot of hope.
>>
>>94219228
Speaking of which i just found out you can read the whole thing here

https://www.slideshare.net/luisnarbona/darth-vader-and-the-lost-command-001
>>
>>94219291
>>94219253
They probably won't, because muh grrl power, but it'd be cool. Kylo truly emulates Darth Vader but does what he could not. Rey, spoiled by her talent, goes too far and loses it.

But with Rey being the incarnation of the light side that seems unlikely.
>>
>>94219333
I wouldn't think it's so much this 'grrl power' thing as much as it is an unwillingness to explore new directions or take inspiration from the prequels. But whether or not that'll be limited to JJ's input is yet to be seen.
It's be great to see Ray and Ben passing each other on their different trajectories, and both would be echoing Anakin in their own way.
>>
>>94219375
They're banking pretty hard on "THE FORCE IS FEMALE", man.
>>
>>94215683
I miss this ship
>>
>>94219409
Poeple act like this is some sort of explanatory panacea for every question or issue about the institutional culture producing these films. Is it honestly the best answer? Does it account for the attitude toward the prequels we saw from TFA? Does it explain why, so far, the ST just looks like a lukewarm reheat of the OT?
Some people get so fixated on this that they blow it way out of proportion. Isn't it much more likely that Rey will have a predictable arc as a result of being an uninspired sonic recolour of Luke, instead of some supposed order from the top that women can't be seen to fail or something?
>>
>>94219513
That's a long and complicated way of saying nothing, anon.

They're riding a trend, and that trend is feminism. Not that hard to understand, but bad for the media involved, as most trend riders are.
>>
>>94215683
When will they finally recognize a marriage between a man and a Royal Guard Interceptor?
>>
>>94219534
And that's a succinct way of saying you're so preoccupied with a singular concern or agenda as to ignore the likely complexities of a situation.
>>
What do I win?
>>
>>94219655
A copy of Aftermath
>>
File: 1498778923283.jpg (2MB, 2073x2507px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1498778923283.jpg
2MB, 2073x2507px
>Bad Mister Goob

Who is he and what is his agenda?
>>
>>94219655
What did you do?
>>
>>94219758
>Jyn lived on Coruscant so she knows them as Tooka rather than Loth-Cat or some other variation
It's the little things

>tfw Dave Filoni's cat made it into a Star Wars movie in spirit
>>
File: ciass.png (2MB, 2111x829px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ciass.png
2MB, 2111x829px
what did they mean by this
>>
>>94219425
I liked it a lot and I still do. But the bunks could've used some comfying up.
>>
>>94219800
It really is the little things, alright. I'd get a kick out of cgi tookas/lothcats in a movie at some point, even for a split second. It's that reassuring feeling of the storygroup's presence in the background, making sure everything ties together.

Although,
>Mr.Iggy
Is IG-88 a celebrity or something? Does everybody know him? Or is the name just coincidence.
>>
>>94219838
I think "Iggy" Just comes from IG, not IG-88. There are plenty of IG droids after all.
>>
these guys look goofy as fuck
>>
>>94219889
I like it, it's more original than anything out of TFA
>>
>>94219867
And the 88s are just a model of iggy-droids, after all. Makes sense.
Not the rarest or most dangerous model, though.
>>
>>94219896
Bruh, they're just shittier looking Royal guards with different Melee weapons for no reason

They're not exactly original at all
>>
>>94219889
Embrace the goofiness.
They're a new design and a departure from the familiar. This is good.
I just hope they actually do something and don't just stand around the whole time.
>>
>>94219813
the thing that bothers me most about this art is that they took the time to add some decent shading to the face, but then used to the paint bucket tool to colour his shirt, making it look like the face and shirt were done by two different artists, and the picture has no cohesion.
>>
>>94219941
i meant his ass
>>
>>94219931
No fun allowed I guess
>>
>>94219961
I want fun, I just dont want people pretending like these guys are original, because they're not. They are literally just Royal Guards, except shinier and with more toys. (Hmm, where did we see that before? cough-ducktroopers-cough)

TLJ DOES look way more original than TFA though. Although that's not saying much, with how uninspired TFA was.
>>
So,the rumours about the Force tree,the brother and sister(Snoke and Rey), Porgs being force sensitive,Anaking being the Force Sloth and the Rey and Kylo relation were true?
>>
>>94219889
>Anime halberd
>Dual-weild giant scalpels
>Tentpoles
>Double-bladed scalpel

I, for one, am hyped for /turtlepower/
>>
>>94219972
Dude calm down, they look good. Everything so far has looked far better than TFA, I have faith in this movie. chill.
>>
>>94219978
Nope.

The porgs were leaked ages ago. Then a different leaker shows up with a bunch of bullshit ft Porgs, and now everyone believes those dumb leaks.

That being said, I do hope the Borther/Sister thing is true, because it's actually rooted in Lore straight from Lucas in The Clone Wars. That would be an incredible display of continuity, especially because Mortis is a pretty significant and important peice of lore.
>>
>>94219978
They were true,all of it. The Forceā€¦The Porgs...The force Sloth...It's all real.
>>
>>94219985
I have never said otherwise, I am looking forward to the movie too
>>
>>94213346
Gay Wars
>>
>>94220004
Anon,the force sloth was seen on the set of TLJ.
>>
>>94220016
Oh shit lads what are we gonna do now
>>
>>94220004
THE LIGHT SIDE IS FEMALE

You really want that?
>>
>>94219978
No, not really. The Force tree, the sea monster, the Porgs as the protectors of the island - that's all true. The reincarnation/source of the Force/Anakin Force Sloth stuff is bullshit /tv/ snowballed on top of the leaks, as far as I know, and since this stuff spreads like a flu, now everyone considers it all as one package, without discerning what really was in the original rumors and what people made up to bait.
>>
>>94220023
We saw a monster-suit looking thing. Based on the TLJ trailer of Rey staring into the sea in the weird enclave, it seems pretty obvious to me that she was going to fight something there.

Easily could have thrown in some bullshit about that and got it right.
>>
>>94219978
It's real. Maybe the prequel fans won't be bashed anymore. They will move onto the sequel fans. Pretty sad.
>>
>>94220031
What difference would it make if it was male?
>>
>>94220031
Yes, because if you wasn't a dumbfuck and went and watched TCW, you would know that both the Brother and Sister failed and died, and that the FATHER (SEE: MALE) was keeping the balance between the two, and that the FATHER passes on that duty to Anakin, another MALE.

Take your paranoid delusions about SJW's elsewhere. This is lore that is already canon and has literally nothing to do with Femal superiority or any shit like that.

The concepts are actually rooted in very conservative ideas anyways, with women taking traditionally compassionate andmaternal roles.
>>
File: 1501199901870.png (126KB, 517x519px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1501199901870.png
126KB, 517x519px
>>94220031
>Being this triggered
>>
>>94220067
>>94220078
>>94220094
Delete this.
>>
>>94220103
woah he actually did
>>
>>94220066
I'll be honest and say that to see that entire thing happen again on a non trippy world with regular people would still be weird. But then so was that arc as a whole.

If they execute it well that could be some peoper pottery tho
>>
>>94220066
That arc was fucking garbage, worst in the series.
>>
>>94220103
W-what was it?
>>
>>94220103
ISB always gets their man
>>
>>94220122
I bet you love the Dagobah cae though, huh
>>
>>94220118
It would be god tier pottery if executed well. It would also be a completely appropriate elevation of stakes for the franchise, expanding the mythos and lore as you'd expect in a sequel.

Otherwise things really will just be OT 2.0
>>
>>94220122
that arc was pottery, anyone who says they don't like it just don't understand it, I'd like you to sit in a room for 3 hours while dave filoni and george lucas explain it to you.
>>
>>94220125
Nothing too exciting. Just /tv/-esque PT baiting.
Now move along, citizen!
>>
>>94219375
>I wouldn't think it's so much this 'grrl power' thing as much as it is an unwillingness to explore new directions or take inspiration from the prequels

You also have to account for the audience's own inability to move beyond the OT paradigm and unwillingness to deal with ambiguous characters and stories.

Rey isn't going dark because people don't want her to go dark. They don't want their heroes to be flawed and make problematic decisions. Your average JCF poster wants Rey Skywalker, the ultimate unfettered heroine, to kick the treacherous Kylo Ren's ass and marry Finn and have ten beautiful Force sensitive children with Finn.

As a fan of Rey, I can with utmost honesty say that the one thing that really limits her growth and potential is the audience and their lazy, unimaginative and comforting expectations for her and the franchise as a whole. TFA didn't spring into existence as JJ's own personal OT wankfest. It was created for an audience that wants this kind of stuff and nothing else.
>>
File: 1490086906863.png (123KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1490086906863.png
123KB, 500x281px
>>94220031
THE DARK SIDE IS MALE

well, the dark side is stronger.
>>
>>94218349
>the money argument
Oh right and everyone thinks that Bayformers is the pinnacle of cinema
>>
>>94220151
i hope you get proven wrong buddy.
>>
>>94220143
Unironically this

tbqh I'd listen to them for 3 hours just for fun
>>
>>94220172
>Thinking ticket sales and after the fact sales are the same
damn...
>>
did we get a new chapter of Lost Stars yesterday or is that next week?
>>
File: 1497447861454.png (626KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1497447861454.png
626KB, 720x1080px
>>94219813
That's a cute boy you've got there...
>>
>>94220151
>JCF
Jewish Community Federation?

While I fundamentally agree, I wouldn't underestimate the role of JJ, either. He took the broadest possible interpretation of Star Trek and its characters, as well, and distilled them down to the fanfic versions of themselves to cater to the easiest demographic. His MO is catering to the broadest movie audience possible who might otherwise be accepting of challenges.

The hope is that TFA was a stopgap to get the general public in the door and convince the normies that this wasn't the prequels again. The direction of the trilogy wasn't planned out from the get-go. Now, with asses on seats and people interested, I hope they can let more creativity and risk-taking back into the franchize.
>>
File: 1493982342896.jpg (578KB, 919x1297px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1493982342896.jpg
578KB, 919x1297px
>[Unintelligible speech intensifies]
>>
>>94220174
So do I. So do I.

I like to believe that Rian will try to push her in a more murky, morally challenging direction, but I fully expect Trevorrow to finish the trilogy the predictable way we all expect.

After they sandpapered the edges off of Jyn to make her more sympathetic, I really don't think they'll try to push the buttons with the character that is pretty much the face of the franchise right now. What a shame. The potential is there.
>>
File: qx9phj9nwd9z.jpg (64KB, 720x960px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
qx9phj9nwd9z.jpg
64KB, 720x960px
>>94220031
There's already a version for people this threatened by women in star wars
>>
>>94220239
>JCF
Jedi Council Forums.

>The hope is that TFA was a stopgap to get the general public in the door and convince the normies that this wasn't the prequels again. The direction of the trilogy wasn't planned out from the get-go. Now, with asses on seats and people interested, I hope they can let more creativity and risk-taking back into the franchize.

That's the optimistic prediction and I sincerely hope you're right. The franchise needs to evolve. To do that, they need to shed the constrains of the OT nostalgia and embrace SW as a toybox, rather than a template.
>>
I wonder if at some point we'll get a comic or novel where Sidious sends Vader to Naboo to fuck with him.
>>
>>94220291
Oh, believe me, I'm aware that it's slightly wishful thinking on my part. But hope springs eternal!

If I'm being realistic I'd predict that the mainline films will stay more or less as they are, and the anthology films will become a kind of 'creative-thinking-containment-zone'.

But I suppose it's all idle speculation until this christmas, at least.
>>
>>94219937

>Embrace the goofiness.

only if they eat space pizza (blue cheese?) and say "cowabunga!".
>>
>>94220363
Spinoff series where Snoke raises them as their Master Splinter, perpetually exasperated, yet endeared, by their bodacious antics.
>>
File: 1496844357098.jpg (60KB, 684x847px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1496844357098.jpg
60KB, 684x847px
I've been working on uploading The Clone Wars to mega in 1080p, and so far I've uploaded seasons 3 to 6. I should have seasons 1 and 2 uploaded within a few days. If someone could add these links to the pastebin that would be great!

Seasons 3 & 4:
https://mega.nz/#F!57gFzb7A!sy4YSF_xFv2KwGfuaBNCoQ

Seasons 5 & 6:
https://mega.nz/#F!cLYFiBhQ!2WcnelJ6LqJhKOzkLqwheg
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (93KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
93KB, 1919x1079px
>>94220484
Awesome stuff. Thanks anon!
>>
File: OolaFace.jpg (58KB, 413x566px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
OolaFace.jpg
58KB, 413x566px
>>94213346
why is she so perfect /co/?
>>
File: 1499268822377.jpg (99KB, 1080x809px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1499268822377.jpg
99KB, 1080x809px
>>94220521
Her concept art would have made her even better
Topless, BDSM gag harness. I can understand why they didn't go with it, but, oh boy!
>>
>>94220581
Go back to /tv/ prequel hater.
>>
>>94220581
>>94220608
It's pretty sad right now. So,delete this now.
>>
>>94220627
W-what happened?
>>
>>94219972
>They are literally just Royal Guards

Because they're red? Then I guess Chiss are just humans faggot
>>
The Praetorians look pretty ugly, nowhere near as iconic as the Royal Guards
>>
>TLJ thing posted
>say it's shitty to fit in
>>
>>94219889
I agree, I think they need some black to break up the pure red.
>>
>>94220637
THANK YOU ISB
>>
>>94220281
is...is this real anon?
>>
What is it about Mandalorians that attract the most cancerous people?
>>
>>94219889
It's the helmets and the segmented armor/clothing that EVERYONE in the ST seems to have. They literally look like... action figures.
>>
>>94220551
The first drawn titties I ever saw
>>
>>94219425
Why do you miss it? It was in Uprising, same as most other KotOR assets such as music.

Works out better this way desu, a lot of the stuff we saw in KotOR worked better either in the Prequels or Originals, not four thousand years before
>>
>>94221308
The OC wankery pushed in the EU (looking at you Traviss) made Mando's the edgy Sonic OC equivelant.

Every edgelord on the playground wants their Mando to be the most badass, with the coolest weapons and gadgets, and able to kill a Jedi.

Making them more uniform in Canon was a huge deal in fixing them.
>>
File: oh, george.jpg (1MB, 1714x932px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
oh, george.jpg
1MB, 1714x932px
>>94220551
Is it still too soon after Carrie's death to admit I'd love to see Leia in that get-up?
>>
>>94220322
that would be kino
>>
>>94221308
acting like it's only Mandalorians are most cancerous people??

have you not seen the sith fags.

Star killer is the most cancerous thing in the old star wars canon?
>>
>>94221560
Nah, its a fun story. Lucas telling her as seriously as can be. "There is no underwear in space."

And praise be the women that go for accuracy with that cosplay.
>>
File: 1481549898002.png (27KB, 417x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1481549898002.png
27KB, 417x500px
>>94220484
Doing gods work anon, thank you!
>>
>>94221867
>Star killer is the most cancerous thing in the old star wars canon?

Not the most cancerous, but certainly divisive. Not even Sam Witwer wants to talk about him. He seems to much prefer being Darth Maul.

The old EU was full of cancer. Grey and Dark Jedi being among them. You can't really pin a single thing down as THE most cancerous element.
>>
>>94221901
Lucas has a relly good sense of humor, genuinely.

It baffles me that TO THIS DAY, people think Lucas was being serious with "They're friends!" or "Darth Icky".

Filoni and Witwer both have talked about Lucas's deadpan delivery with his humor, which leads to people unfamiliar with him unsure on whether he is joking or not.
>>
File: Dark_Jedi.jpg (50KB, 499x576px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Dark_Jedi.jpg
50KB, 499x576px
>>94221943
>Dark Jed
holy shit I forgot about that.
>>
>>94220151
This. Whine all you want, but they're just giving the people what they demand. Rey Skywalker is the most boring possible story and yet most of the audience wants it. And this isn't some small number: it's the majority of audiences that think this way.
>>
>>94220484
Thanks man.
>>
>>94221943
>>94222138
>dark Jedi
what
>>
>>94222139
Should mention that it's not just normies either. Big, long time fans are crying that Rey has to be Luke's kid or she and the ST are pointless. It's a sad lack of imagination for this series just so muh Luke continues to be the center of the story.
>>
>>94222189
A Jedi who fell to the Dark Side and as such is not longer really a Jedi.

Doesnt mean they are a sith though so people call them Dark Jedi as an easy way to reference them. Im not really sure what the issue is.

Jonuus C'Boath is an example. He was a Jedi Master who got corrupted and fell to the Dark Side. As such he really isnt a Jedi anymore so he gets called a Dark Jedi for short.
>>
>>94222235
>A Jedi who fell to the Dark Side and as such is not longer really a Jedi.
He's not a jedi if he fell, it's that simple. Just say he's a darksider. 'dark jedi' is a retarded term for it
>>
>>94222138
>Dark Jedi

What a stupid name. That would be like if the Pope denounced Catholicism and started snorting coke and fucking bitches and we called him a Dark Pope.
>>
>>94222262
Kylo Ren has been referred to as a fallen Jedi, which I suppose makes more sense than 'dark Jedi'
>>
>>94222285
Fallen Jedi or former Jedi makes sense. Dark Jedi doesn't.
>>
>>94222285
Oh, I like that. It makes more sense.

I really like Kylo ren though
>>
There's still this mindset among fans that the only Force users are Jedi and Sith, which is why you have terms like Gray Jedi and Dark Jedi that make no sense. In reality, Jedi and Sith are not the end-all-be-all of the Force, and there are many different facets of it that don't fall in either category.
>>
>>94214512
Does anyone have the rest of the character portraits from this leak? The imgur is gone
>>
>>94222389
That's what you get when the series sets in a rot with the Jedi and the Sith for forty years, while all other Force user factions are obscure and few and far between. You can't really establish a diverse terminology, when the Jedi and the Sith are all authors keep coming back to.

Neckbeards in the 80's decided to call the darksiders Dark Jedi, because fuck creativity and so, this is what we're stuck with.
>>
File: Shoot me.png (394KB, 640x476px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shoot me.png
394KB, 640x476px
Alright /swco/ what are your hopes for what Luke will do in 8 vs what you're guessing will actually happen in 8?
>>
>>94222389
>>94222466
I always appreciated the term "Dark Jedi" as just a force user that fell to the dark side but really knows very little about it so they don't have the mastery to be considered Sith.
>>
>>94222477
Hopes:
Pull a star destroyer out of orbit. Put Rey in a revealing outfit. Return to the resistance a hero.
Expectations:
Not fight anyone. Be mopey about training Rey. Want to stay on his misery-island.
>>
File: Herathumbsup.jpg (526KB, 2400x1350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Herathumbsup.jpg
526KB, 2400x1350px
>>94220484
Added to the pastebin! Thanks so much for doing this anon, you're a godsend.
>>
>>94222477
Hopes
>Luke uses green lightsaber
>Luke does powerful shit
>Luke stomps out KR like the bitch he is and KR becomes Ben again by the end of the film
>Luke ends the film by going out on a mission with Ben to kill Snoke
Actually
>Lucasfilm makes Luke a giant bitch
>>
>All 40 authors have been revealed for the anthology book in October
>Lucas isn't one of them
Missed opportunity
>>
>>94222477
I hope Luke really did do something bad in the past and that Ben Solo's fall and the destruction of his academy was partially his fault. I want his character to have an actually interesting arc even if it pisses off some fans.

I'm sure whatever really happens will be a watered down version of that. Clearly Luke fucked up something, but maybe it's more about how he perceives it than how it actually is. If that makes sense.
>>
>>94222562
Did Luceno do anything?
>>
>>94222561
>>Luke stomps out KR like the bitch he is and KR becomes Ben again by the end of the film
>completely undoing an entire movie and a half's characterization of Kylo all of a sudden
>no prior build up in the movies or canon itself of Ben just being Ben, yet, to make it worthwhile
Yeah nah
>>
>>94222550
>Pull a star destroyer out of orbit
that would be so fucking hype holy shit
>>
>>94222587
>no prior build up in the movies or canon itself of Ben just being Ben, yet, to make it worthwhile
didn't have that for vader redemption just had a few short one-line descriptions
>>
>>94222477
I'm hoping he will have a scene with Leia.

I'm guessing that he won't.
>>
>>94222581
No
>>
>>94222588
Yeah it'd be fun and all to see him break out the 'ol lightsaber again like the old days, but another part of me wants him to be more Yoda-like now, having been meditating and studying all these years, so when he does fight it's less about physical moves and more about a mastery of the force.
And it's just a cool image, too.
>>
>>94222624
>Meg Cabot
Author of The Princess Diaries?
What's she doing there?
>>
>>94222562
Didn't Lucas say that him going back into Star Wars would be like trying to hook back up with an ex girlfriend?
>>
File: casanova.jpg (414KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
casanova.jpg
414KB, 1296x730px
>>94222624
>Matt Fraction

H Y P E
>>
File: rogue.jpg (8KB, 219x194px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rogue.jpg
8KB, 219x194px
>>94222624
>Chuck Wendig
>Wil Wheaton
>>
>>94222649
An Aunt Beru chapter, I think. Honestly, I'd love her to do a whole Leia book, she's a massive Star Wars nerd.
>>
>>94222624
Ashley Eckstein. Interesting
>>
>>94222749
Will it be an Ahsoka story?
>>
>>94222749
She's paired up with another author for one story. Don't expect anything great since it's only characters shown in ANH itself. She didn't exist back then. At most they'll say some random hobo on Mos Eisley is the farm girl that had a crush on Ahsoka in her book.
>>
>>94222477
I want Luke to be somewhat of a fundamentalist. Someone with an unshakeable faith in his understanding of the Force and an iron will. A man on a mission, who believes that he knows best what needs to be done to maintain the balance of the Force and a firm vision for the future, emerging from the tragedy of Kylo's fall. What needs to be said though, is that I don't imagine him as Mace Windu 2.0 - quite the opposite. More of a reflection, rather than a parallel. He should be a revolutionary, breaking down the old dogma, destroying the last remnants of the old system. That pits him against Rey, who is more of an idealist, willing to look outside of the box and doesn't share Luke's uncompromising outlook.

I theorize that the root of the split between Kylo and Luke was over the future path for the Jedi. I think Luke wanted to remove the Order from the galactic stage completely, as he saw how clinging to the secular institutions and taking sides led to the old Jedi's downfall. Ben, on the other hand, believed that the Jedi have a mandate and a responsibility to assert themselves and lead the people of the galaxy. And once he found out about the Sith legacy of his grandfather and how he spearheaded the rise of the Empire, it was easy for him to jump ship. Now, Luke believes that Kylo and Snoke need to be destroyed with extreme prejudice, for the slate to be wiped clean once and for all.
>>
>>94222723
Do you think Wendig's story will be written in the same present tense sentence fragment style as Aftermath?
>>
>>94222271
>Dark Pope.
that a badass name you got there
>>
Why do people think that you can truly judge film?

Once you get to a certain skill level, I think films become beyond criticism that ends in a value judgement of the work as a whole.

For instance, there are people in these threads that still don't see Anakin being faced with the same choices as Luke until it is pointed out to them.
Same with critics.
I GUARANTEE you that not every (or more likely ANY) critic who gave a rotten score to AotC recognized the shot of Anakin racing toward his mother on the speeder bike in front of the twin sunset as a reminder of the line "but you can't stop the change, any more than you can stop the suns from setting" from TPM.

Bottom line is that critics don't actually watch movies close enough to judge them. Nor do most people.
My hypothesis is that film is both more nuanced and more subjective than the current cultural climate implies.
>>
>>94222941
Tbh I think the prequels are a lot smarter and artistic than people realize.

They're not perfect films by any stretch but they have a lot more under the surface than many people are willing to admit.
>>
>>94222986
>They're not perfect films by any stretch
Oh I agree, but they have so much to give, probably more than the OT, and it baffles me that they are not loved.
>>
>>94222986
The problem with, for instance, the RLM reviews, for me, is the criteria by which they're being judged. Very early on in the ep.1 review they clearly set it up against big family-friendly action blockbusters from the eighties and nineties, and set about judging it by how well or how poorly it fits into that model.
A lot of what they say is right, of course (awkward performances, dialogue needed a co-writer, etc.) but so long as you've got such a strong set idea of what the films ought to be doing going into it, then you'll never allow for the possibility that they're aspiring to different things, things that people like Paglia, or Zizek, or whoever else, find thematically deep and satisfying, but aren't covered by the action-adventure 'template'.
>>
File: 1489440782405.jpg (186KB, 541x604px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1489440782405.jpg
186KB, 541x604px
>>94222941
Fucking this.

The majority of Qui-Gon's dialogue with Anakin all forewarned and set the stage for the exact details of Anakin's development across the next two films.

>Always remember: your focus determines your reality.
>>
>>94223035
Hmm, I think the OT is better personally. But I still think the PT aren't terrible movies. Like with the PT they need a little tweaking and not a total teardown like truly terrible movies.

But I think a telling thing about the prequels quality is that, even though most people hate them most people have watched them too. And how many people can you say have truly watched something like Battlefield Earth or Garbage Pail Kids?
>>
>>94223138
>not liking Garbage Pail Kino

kys yourself
>>
>>94223035
You average cinemagoer doesn't dig through these movies the way we do. And as straightforward space adventure movies, the prequels had tangible problems.

As much as I hate to admit it, the Snyder vs. Marvel comparison is rather apt.
>>
>>94223118
>awkward performances, dialogue needed a co-writer, etc
This doesn't apply to TPM really. It applies,to AotC and RotS a bit more, but it's still wildly exaggerated, especially coming from a Star Trek fan like Mike.
Has he ever even seen the final fight in Star Trek 3? Way worse than ANYTHING in the PT.

And that's the heart of the issue. He tries to imply that the problems of the PT aren't par for the course for media he enjoys.

>>94223167
I think that MoS and especially BvS are much better than every MCU movie other than IM1 and possibly Civil War.
>>
>>94223035
They do, mostly because they went for a more multi-faceted approach to their story compared to the straightforwardness of the Originals. The details of Anakin's fall are very much a common human turmoil rather than something so simple as power for its own sake. His motives were pure but the method he was made to adopt careened him into hell.
>>
>>94223035
>>94222986
>>94222941
The thing is, people dont care about the deeper meaning. The are interested in a fun story, good action, and likeable characters.

A deeper meaning is a great addition and can make something good into something great, but you cant build a foundation on that. Thats why the prequels are so heavily disliked, because the foundation is so weak.

People dont like the prequels for the acting (or to be more precise, the direction for the actors) which can come off as wooden, for the story which many times comes off more as because it needs to happen then it makes sense, and many of the visuals can look very off.

Now Im not going to list everything that is wrong and its examples. Im assuming you have seen RLM but he does give a decent job covering this, even with all the nitpicking he does.

The audience wants an easy to follow and fun action movie. It doesnt matter how smart the movie is if the audience doesnt like the plot or the characters. Thats the problem with the prequels, not that they are not artistic enough.
>>
>>94223118
>A lot of what they say is right

I agree, but there are some things they said that are flat-out wrong imo, like the assertion that The Phantom Menace has no protagonist. The protagonist is obviously Qui-Gon, and the crux of the plot (Anakin becoming a Jedi) is entirely the focus of his arc. I'm getting tired of RLM worshippers taking every single asset of their critiques as absolute gospel when there are definitely things they missed the mark on.
>>
File: 1500899074230.jpg (3KB, 90x90px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1500899074230.jpg
3KB, 90x90px
>>94223296
>It doesnt matter how smart the movie is if the audience doesnt like the plot or the characters.
But this goes back to this post
>>94223118

You assume that all people want the same things out of a movie you do, ot have the same priorities you do.

You'd dislike Malick's newer stuff with your criteria, that doesn't make it not excellent.
>>
>>94223247
I'm a Trek fan, too, and it's a damn good point that Mike will let Shatner off the hook relatively easily, considering his consistently baffling choices in virtually every scene. And the search for spock fight still cracks me up.
I still think that the prequels have their own special variation of problem though. Remember the bit in ep.2 after Anakin confesses to wiping out the Tusken village? Padme's response is 'to be angry is to be human'. It's a line that touches directly and pointedly on the themes of Anakin's journey and the deeper themes of the trilogy in the same way a lot of Qui-Gon's dialogue did, but the richness of the ideas have overridden the characters here. No-one would likely react that way if your bodyguard, old pal, and secret crush, just admitted to killing babies.
>>
what the fans Hopes would be in rebels

also, who made this art?
>>
>>94223417
>but the richness of the ideas have overridden the characters here.
And again we are back to a question of priorities. You paint this as bad because it isn't what you want.
The movies are basically black holes of meaning that suck in all else, and that's not an objectively bad thing.
>>
File: Mace-windu-yoda.jpg (749KB, 1171x817px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Mace-windu-yoda.jpg
749KB, 1171x817px
>>94223296
> It doesnt matter how smart the movie is if the audience doesnt like the plot or the characters.

I think people don't like the characters of the Prequels because they consciously remind them of themselves at the time or at a certain age. Stuff they don't want to relive because they know now that it wasn't all the best. Audiences didn't like that they kept making dumb mistakes simply by the virtue of their being on a higher level purpose while still forgetting that they are all only human.

Which was ultimately the point. The characters, though meaning well, were all portrayed in a critical and often softly negative light in fact because not many people look back on their younger selves all too fondly. Younger days are always cautionary tales by older folk.

But I get what you're saying. They for the most part weren't fun to watch, but as I've gotten older I find it better to learn from them than to just have fun at their expense.
>>
>>94223439
>tarkin and yularen
what a random combo
>Pellaeon
Can't wait until we see Eli in the comic
>>
>>
>>94223472
This.
I've had a pet theory for years that people don't like seeing Anakin's petulance because they don't like remembering when they where a shithead too.
>>
>>94223439
>what the fans Hopes would be in rebels
no, just some guy spitballing shit that could be in Rebels before we knew what it was going to be about, what it would look like, etc.

>also, who made this art?
some guy on deviantart who deleted his account. You can still find it via google and other places. Some illegal streaming sites still use his art for Rebels funnily enough
>>
File: star wars review.jpg (65KB, 789x341px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
star wars review.jpg
65KB, 789x341px
>>94222941
>there are people who listen to rotten tomatoes in 2017
>>
>>94223397
All criticism is inherently subjective and therefore no critic should pass of his opinion as an absolute truth.

However, certain popular opinions can prevail and dominate their environment, being accepted as such truths. It doesn't really mean that they are right, but the popular opinion will always be embraced as the correct one. That is what happened with the prequels. We can argue whether they deserve it or not, what kind of taste that signifies, whether the message sent by that should be heeded and what needs to be learned from all this. But you can't dismiss the prevailing opinion outright. You are doing kind of the same thing, pushing aside peoples' legitimate grievances with the films on the basis of them "not getting it" or "not enjoying it the right way".
>>
>>94216092
>Reach OUT with the force and GRIP that destroyer!
>>
>>94223417
> Padme's response is 'to be angry is to be human'. It's a line that touches directly and pointedly on the themes of Anakin's journey and the deeper themes of the trilogy in the same way a lot of Qui-Gon's dialogue did, but the richness of the ideas have overridden the characters here.

Considering Padme is the one who took her people to war against the Trade Federation out of anger in light of the Republic's utter failure to act when at the start of TPM she very clearly demonstrated a desire not to do just that puts that line into more relatable territory.
>>
>>94223554
>this is forever burned in my head because the controls in that sequence were so shit
>>
>>94223461
I agree - it's not bad per se. But at bedrock the prequel films are, according to Lucas, part of a cohesive whole with the OT. So I'd say it runs somewhat counter to its own unique objectives to have something that jars so much, that's all.
I love the PT for their themes and depth, and they're the films I return to most out of SW, probably. I just think a good co-writer could have helped integrate the thematic and ideas-laden dialogue with a more naturalistic human calculus of thought and feeling a bit better.
>>
>>94223549
Well to that I would say that skilled artists are probably smarter than the masses, who by definition are or average intelligence.
>>
>>94223397
>You assume that all people want the same things out of a movie you do, ot have the same priorities you do.
Hold on lets go a little back. My post was in reference to a few people here saying they dont understand why the prequels are disliked. I was giving the reason.

Ya not everyone has the same priorities in movies and thats why there are people who do like the prequels, but most people are interested in the things I listed and because the prequels are weak in those spots, thats why they are so often spoken poorly of.

>You'd dislike Malick's newer stuff with your criteria, that doesn't make it not excellent.
I dont even know who he is but let me work with example you may understand. I HATE Citizen Kane, a movie loved by film critics. However not everyone is a film critic and that movie also has a large group of people that dislike it.
The reason some people like it and some dont is because they prioritize different things in movies (like you said)

Following that same logic, most people that dislike the prequels is because they dont care about the deeper meaning stuff prequel fans like, they are more interested in the surface material. And thats the problem with the prequels, it failed to please the audience who prefer the surface stuff.
>>
>>94223547
RLM said the same shit. They loved TFA's callbacks but hated Rogue One's.
>>
File: 1491853315880.jpg (188KB, 680x680px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1491853315880.jpg
188KB, 680x680px
>>94223645
Oh my god you're the 'ghostbusters is the best movie ever' guy
>>
>>94221308
Considering the lore prior had that swords and armor made of specific materials like Mandalorian Iron or Cortosis effectively made a Jedi's lightsaber not work or reflect one could see where it would be heading.

The books and comics even prior to the PT had references and shit to them so Mandos usually were considered breddy good warriors. Then KOTOR gave us the Mandalorian Wars. By all accounts the Mandalorians Wars as described by KOTOR,KOTOR 2 and the Comics gave us a brutal and otherwise divisive conflict with the Jedi having another schism over it.

So with this conflict gave rise to the fact Mandalorians(including Jango in AOTC and his video game) were either better or on par with any Jedi. But then Karen Traviss wrote a couple of books where a Jedi goes to train with Mandalorians because they're better at training Jedi than other Jedi.

That some how made sense despite any time the Jedi actively fought the Mandalorians it was one dead Jedi for every hundred or so Mandalorians. So ya know the wank over how good they were was exaggerated. Add in that at the time all the Clones were actively trained by Mandalorians hired by Jango and that the Clones basically wiped out most the Jedi and it gets even more exaggerated becaused that would mean Mandalorian training helped kill the Jedi off.

In short they got really bad service but they ended up being Klingons but far worse due their circle jerking writers. Coupled with that anyone could customize their armor and their apparent superior combat abilities they were naturally suited for people to make their OCs.
>>
>>94223616
This is very reasonable.
I get more out of the PT, but I do agree that Lucas's ambition at times overwrote his loyalty to the series as a unit.

Though the OT does compliment the PT very well as far as Anakin's story goes though.
>>
>>94223668
Im the who? The fuck you talking about?

>>94223503
>>94223472
I may have miss spoken when I said the characters. I dont think anyone that dislikes the prequels actually hates the characters. I think they hate the dialog, but not necessarily the characters
>>
>>94223682
Probably comes as a result of revisiting the same setting at such a different time in your life. The young, renegade, anti-establishment filmmaker must have felt a long way distant to the older, more circumspect Lucas, and I'm sure that expressed itself in all sorts of ways.

Agreed, though - they both enrich one another greatly, even if the edges of the join aren't always perfectly level.
>>
>>94223621
And here we are back to the question of what Star Wars really is. Is it an avant-garde art piece? Or a commercial action flick? Who is right? Who is wrong? The author for pursuing his vision? The audience who paid for a frolicking, easily digestible rollercoaster ride and instead got something that, for all its grand ideas, fails to deliver on that basic level?

I sympathize and surely respect Lucas far more for pushing his creative and artistic boundaries. But I also understand where the backlash is coming from and that it was to be expected and, from its specific perspective, it is justified.
>>
>>94223778
>fails to deliver on that basic level?
I don't this is really trie either though. The PT works on the base level at least as well as TFA does, if not much better.
>>
>>94223707
Dialogue and action are inherently linked to their characters, from mannerism, how they hold themselves and how they deal with things. Hating the dialogue kind of extends to the character as well, what with people hating Jar Jar, Hayden's Anakin in Episode II, Padme and so on. A character's portrayal both verbal and physical is what cements the viewer's opinion of them.
>>
>>94222477
>Hopes
Luke does something really cool with either the Force or in lightsaber combat, possibly fighting all the Knights of Ren at once.

>Expectations
Luke mopes for 90 minutes only to save Rey at the very end and be captured as she escapes to set up the hook for episode 9.
>>
It's an irony that I look like Kylo Ren and my girlfriend like Rey?
>>
Who wanna post some pics of me? ;)
>>
File: fedwrgf.png (87KB, 498x323px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fedwrgf.png
87KB, 498x323px
>>94224236
Only ironic if you're not into cosplay sex
>>
File: 1499091187221.jpg (558KB, 1549x1418px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1499091187221.jpg
558KB, 1549x1418px
>>94224260
Me.
>>
>>94224236
PICS
>>
>>94224300
We do have sex atleast three days per week but we didn't try that yet. She likes Star Wars too(which thank God! I have a hot girlfriend who loves Star Wars). One night she cosplayed as Slave Leia.
>>
>>94224367
t. LARPing NEET
>>
File: 1489490049391.jpg (887KB, 1796x1530px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1489490049391.jpg
887KB, 1796x1530px
>>94224318
>Maul cat
>>
>>94224367
>Girl who looks like Rey and wears a slave leia bikini
See: >>94224343
>>
>>94224401
Honestly i just wanna see if you have his dorky nose and she has a huge forehead. Blur out the rest of the face.
>>
What stories do you want to see in the marvel comic?

>that bounty hunter on ord mantell
>another boba arc
>hoth base hunting
>>
>>94223677
Sweet Jesus. I've never been exposed to Traviss or much of this EU Mando stuff beyond Kotor and, I dunno, the Jango video game and some other odds and ends. I didn't know it was half this mad.
>>
>>94224576
I was a mandofag

it was fun
>>
>>94224558
Bounty hunter on ord mantell.
But that should probably come pretty close to ESB, seeing as it has such a big impact on Han.
>>
>>94224558
>that bounty hunter on ord mantell

That's probably a long way off. I assumed that happened shortly before ESB and the Star Wars main comic isn't even a year after the Battle of Yavin yet.
>>
>>94223439
have to say it's good art work
>>
>>94224343
>>94224484
-duh- Ok. Skip to 0:23 and you'll see me with my girlfriend.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ldvMf-qfg
>>
>>94224558
>Cad Bane: Odd Jobs and Bounties
>Imperial Black Ops pre ANH (Other projects rivaling the Death Star before completion)
>What If? Series
>SW satire titled Space Wizards and Laser Swords thats actually funny (or just please release Detours)
>Kanan pre AND so we can see more of his scoundrel side
>Yoda/Dooku misadventures
>Qui gon/Obi wan assinged to Duchess Satine
>>
>>94216092
Test
>>
>>94224659
Good for you anon. Sincerely.
>>
>>94224659
Your girlfriend looks better than Daisy Ridley.
>>
>>94224688
>>Qui gon/Obi wan assinged to Duchess Satine
I like this one.
>>
>>94224729
Thanks man.
>>
>>94224738
Yeah, I wanna see their romance develop more so her death is even more tragic
>>
File: MandofagsBTFO.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MandofagsBTFO.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
>>94224576
I mean KOTOR,KOTOR 2, and the comics for KOTOR really gave Mandalorians some depth that was neat. Hell it showed us that they were on most basic levels, the Mandos were savages who wanted nothing more to murder and pillage under the guise of honor.
>>
>>94224738
True i want more of this story
My hope with Sabine and Ezra make it true
>>
>>94224781
t. space viking
>>
>>94224659
Anon,I'm happy for you.
>>
>>94224688
>What If? Series

Please God yes. Star Wars probably has more interesting "what if" scenarios than any other fiction franchise.
>>
We know Ahsoka is coming back in season 4 and we know she is not the wolf, so what kind of story do you expect for her? I personally find it hard to believe that she survived the Vader fight/temple explosion 100% intact, so she is going to have to be a little worse for wear or maybe in a different form of some kind.
>>
File: Republic Dataries.jpg (59KB, 600x315px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Republic Dataries.jpg
59KB, 600x315px
>>94224884
Lots of these.
>>
>>94224934
First Arc could be 'What If Anakin didn't fall?'
>>
>>94224884
This is the end.
>>
>>94224982
I'm still holding onto the reincarnation theory. Ahsoka the white, ect.

She'll be the first example of this new lore, which will of course prompt major backlash from EUfags
>>
>>94225123
>which will of course prompt major backlash from EUfags

Why? I'm not super familiar with the EU.
>>
>>94225043
W-what happened?
>>
>>94225163
EUfags in general don't like Ahsoka. She was introduced with TCW which walked all over the EU.

Lore about reincarnation could work in Star Wars, especially if connected to the Celestials from Mortis. But if they introduce such lore via Ahsoka, you can bet that there will be cries of "Mary sue!" for months.

Also raises questions like "Why doesn't Anakin reincarnate? What about Revan? Sith can't be ghosts, but the not-a-Jedi can reincarnate?"
>>
>>94225163
>I'm not super familiar with the EU.
Are there really people here that weren't Star Wars fans before 2008?
>>
>>94225207
Some fags got jealous on >>94224659
Because he has a hot girlfriend.
>>
>>94225007
Going after high-caliber events like that would be a waste of time. It's the smaller things that need attention in what-ifs; the events that unexpectedly spiral into bigger problems down the line.
What if Ezra's speech didn't make it past Lothal's atmosphere? What if Saw was never pushed out of the Rebellion as a whole? What if Jango hadn't killed Zam on Coruscant? Stuff like that.
>>
>>94225218
It's too much trouble, IMO. I'd rather they not explain HOW Ahsoka came back if they really are going to bring her back, especially if it involves making the afterlife of Star Wars even more confusing. I still think it was a mistake to make Force Ghosts into some special thing.
>>
>>94224659
Where can I find a girlfriend like that?
>>
>>94225221
2008 was almost a decade ago mate.

If someone was over 10 in 2008, they could have been introduced to Satr Wars via TCW, and be legally allowed to post on 4chan today having been a Star Wars fan for a decade.

Nothing wrong with that either.

(Not speaking personally though, I've been a Star Wars fan for double that time, and read a bit of the EU)
>>
>>94225218
>EUfags in general don't like Ahsoka. She was introduced with TCW which walked all over the EU.
This somewhat applies to me, but my main gripe is that the Anakin of the PT was not a secure person. Certainly not secure enough to be a teacher. I don't want to get into a debate about why I'm wrong, that's just how I see it.
Also Eckstein's voice is grating.
>>
>>94225277
But i'm only 19 and I was already bals deep in the books and comics and games by the time RotS came out.
>>
File: pumpdance3.gif (516KB, 320x240px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pumpdance3.gif
516KB, 320x240px
>>94225221
I was a Star Wars fan, I just primarily watched the movies.
>>
If the Jedi aren't allowed to get married and procreate, then how do they continue their race?
>>
>>94225282
Ecksteins voice matures as Ahsoka grows up.

I admit I was shocked at how shrill Ahsoka was in season 1 when I went back and watched it.

As for Anakin, I know you don't want to debate it, but I can't help but point out; TCW shows multiple times that Anakin was NOT secure enough to be a teacher. That was the entire point of him having a Padawan, that he would fail big time. Look at the Padawan Lost arc for example. Filoni also talked about it in the BTS for that arc, that Yoda was trying to mature Anakin, and the show teases how both Anakin was good, and terrible, from this decision. That it only makes his attatchment issues worse, not better.

Anywaysl I'll shut up now.
>>
>>94225322
You weren't at all interested in comics or books or cartoons or video games?
>>
>>94225254
There's really infinite possibilities for what-ifs and it's a shame Marvel will likely never make a Star Wars what-if ongoing.
>>
>>94225308
A lesson you need to quickly learn is that because something happened to you in one way, doesn't mean it happens that same way for everybody else in the world.
>>
>>94225308
I was playing the Vidya and reading the comics when I was that age, and reading the books a few years later too.

But again, most people stuck to the movies intil TCW showed mainstream audiences that there was a world beyond the big screen.

It's also worth pointing out that the EU is so fucking huge, with lets face it, a lot of shit, that it's daunting for new readers. Especially if you was first joining circa 2005.

TCW was a much more manageble way to follow Star Wars, asis following the freshly released Canon stuff rather than going back and diving into heaps of non-canon content of dubious quality.
>>
>>94225346
Not really. I read a couple of books here and there and I watched the Genndywars series, but I never was super into the old EU.
>>
>>94225330
Jedi aren't a race, and force sensitivity is not passed down by blood.

The Skywalkers are the exception, because Chosen One blood.

Force Sensitivity is a random gift in children.
>>
>>94225254
>Going after high-caliber events like that would be a waste of time
Maybe. But it's a guaranteed seller and an excellent starting point to introduce people to the concept. Following those smaller threads, while fun, wouldn't garner main stream interest. I'd love that attention to detail. But that sort of minutia wouldn't sell as well
>>
>>94225330
Marriage isn't necessary for procreation. If an alien from a race that has very few members comes up, then it's just too bad for the race. The Jedi could just pull a Dooku and leave the order and do whatever they want, though, if they feel the needs of their race outweigh the Jedi and the Republic.
Something something EU about Ki-adi being allowed to have a harem because his race was dying out or something.
>>
File: Anakin_TCW_portrait.jpg (118KB, 1024x1152px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Anakin_TCW_portrait.jpg
118KB, 1024x1152px
>>94225340
But it's more the fact that it felt like the changed Anakin's character. His voice and look was a bit more "manly man".

Genndywars had a film faithful Anakin in voice and look so it can be done.

>inb4 side stepping my point because I mentioned a tv show that people here seem to get extremely assblasted at
>>
>>94220281
shieeetttt! looks better than the force awakens
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5eb.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>94225399
Tiplee sisters.

We've been through this you dummy.
>>
File: Alliance_Fleet.jpg (160KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Alliance_Fleet.jpg
160KB, 1366x768px
does anybody have a high quality screengrab of this scene from secret cargo

>>94225330
>jedi
>race

>>94225399
>force sensitivity is not passed down by blood.
>The Skywalkers are the exception, because Chosen One blood.
>Force Sensitivity is a random gift in children.
hello shield gate anon
>>
File: ISB1.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ISB1.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>94220103
>>94220627
>>94225043
ISB is on duty today.
Keeping the galaxy safe!
>>
>>94225425
I'm not going to get into a shitflinging arguement about Genddywars.

I'm just going to say that I think Lanter's Anakin was a very good depiction of the character in wartime, and is actually identicle to Hayden's Anakin during the Coruscant battle in ROTS.

If you disagree with that, then whatever.
>>
>>94225464
You will at least concede that TCW Anakin doesn't look like Hayden, though?
>>
>>94225447
There's nothing to suggest that the sisters have force sensitive parents. Quite the opposite in fact.

Those sisters were also twins, much like Luke and Leia. It's possible the force sensitivity is determined from before the child is even born, so in a very rare case, twins would both be born with heightened force sensitivity.

If your only case for Force Sensitivity passing down through blood are twin sisters, and the Skywalkers, you haven't got much of a case.
>>
>>94223578
Same, I just think that line every so often because the level took forever.
>>
>>94225457
>hello shield gate anon
Come on now, that aint me
>>
File: 1500983324079.jpg (22KB, 552x468px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1500983324079.jpg
22KB, 552x468px
>>94225495
Occam's razer my friend.

Also the chosen one prophesy didn't exist when Lucas wrote the OT, so that point doesn't work either.
>>
>>94225493
True, although its worth noting that the Season 6+ model was being made to look much closer to ROTS Hayden, but we never exactly got to see that.

TCW Anakin was a stylization of the Genddy Anakin, which was a stylization of Hayden, so obviously there becomes a disconnect
>>
>>94225528
>Also the chosen one prophesy didn't exist when Lucas wrote the OT, so that point doesn't work either.
Two things;

Firstly, retroactive changes are a staple of the franchise, so even if this was the case in 77, it is not anymore.

Secondly, and this is a real shocker anon, but Lucas actually DID conceptualize the Chosen One prophecy in 77, despite it not being mentioned in a movie until '99.
>>
>>94225548
Fuck off there's a board for that and /co/ isn't it
>>
>>94225556
>Secondly, and this is a real shocker anon, but Lucas actually DID conceptualize the Chosen One prophecy in 77
Nope. Not in universe he didn't.
The son of the suns thing was not an in universe thing as far as anyone knows
>>
>>94225505
You're arguing the same kind of nonsense he did about force sensitivity not being genetic, and even when you exclude the Skywalker line (which is super goalpost moving) there's still the whole planet of Force Sensitive colonists who bred for generations in the Yoda arc of the Star Wars comic

>>94225495
>>94225556
stop being dumb
>>
>>94225495
>so in a very rare case,
Ss the anon above me said, Occam's razor.
>>
>>94225548
What about no? Go to /cosplay/
>>
>>94225591
You are just jealous.
>>
>>94225593
The explain how TCW showed force sensitivity is shown to be discovered in random non-sensitive families in TCW.

Explain how force sensitivity is passed down through blood if the Jedi don't reproduce.

Explain how certain species are so rare for force sensitivity, that they are documented as not having any force sensitives from their entire PLANET not show up for generations at a time. (See Gungi of the Wookiee's)

Explain how the Skywalkers (aka Chosen One blood) is the ONLY CASE in the ENTIRE FRANCHISE of a force sensitive parent passing down sensitivity to their children.

I especially want you to give me an answer for the last one.

If it was genetic, we would have, in 40 years, had some kind of canon example of another force sensitive family. 40 years, dozens of books, almost 200 episodes, 8 movies, and not a single case of a force sensitive family outside of the Skywalkers. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give an answer for this.
>>
>>94225661
Shmi wasn't Force sensitive though.
>>
>>94225661
genetic mutations are inheritable shield-gate anon, spontaneous mutations cannot be traced backwards, that's a non-sequitur, you're also mistaking absence of evidence for evidence of absence in spite of evidence given proving my point, so really you have no argument
>>
>>94225700
EXACTLY.

And she wasn't the Chosen One. But Since Anakin was born, the Skywalkers have been able to pass down the sensitivity.

This is the only case of this happening in the entire franchise.
>>
>>94225661
>some kind of canon example of another force sensitive family
Sisters aren't family?
>>
>>94225591
>And once again the non-whites have taken our women. When will this nightmare end?
That's racist. This >>94224659 man has a beautiful girlfriend and he looks great too,they look cute together. Stop being an asshole.
>>
>>94225661
>Explain how force sensitivity is passed down through blood if the Jedi don't reproduce.
Just to be pedantic on this point alone, the Jedi aren't the only group with the force in the galaxy. Yes, the specific example is about Jedi, but Nightsisters, Sith, anyone who left the Jedi, those stone freaks from the SW comic, and who ever else, can all reproduce and spread the force that way.
>>
>open youtube
>FIVE REASONS ROGUE ONE RUINED STAR WARS - CRACKED
>close youtube
>>
>>94225717
this
>>
What the hell is going on with Rey/Kylo sex and cosplay discussion or whatever is?
>>
>>94225717
You don't have any evidence though. Thats what I am asking for. I want evidence that force sensitivity can be passed down.

>>94225723
I already spoke about them. They are twin sisters who do not have force sensitive parents, nor children. They didn't have the sensitivity passed to them, nor have they passed it on.

This debate is about the ability to pass on force sensitivity through your bloodline.
>>
>>94225661
>If it was genetic, we would have, in 40 years, had some kind of canon example of another force sensitive family.
No, we wouldn't have, because that's not important to the plot. There are trillions of people in the Star Wars universe that "exist" that we haven't seen because they haven't been "created" yet. Because this is fiction, not the observable reality we live in.
>>
>>94225700
Neither was Padme and yet she birthed two force sensitive children
>>
>>94225765
>who do not have force sensitive parents
Source?
>>94225765
>through your bloodline.
Sister's aren't part of the same bloodline?
>>
>>94225763
Some guy is RPing about how his girlfriend cosplays and how he is so lucky to have such a smexy gf and we should all be jealous because he's a god
>>
File: 1500853913313.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1500853913313.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>94225765
>no evidence
>Skywalker lineage
>Tiplee/Tiplar
>entire planet of Force sensitives in the Yoda journal
>>
>>94225768
But we have seen a dozen and more cases of force sensitive characters that do not have force sensitive parents.

Gungi, Ezra, and all of the Children of the Force kids.

You're telling me that every single one of these characters all had a genetic mutation?

Don't you think that would be the LESS common explanation for a force sensitive kid, than it being passed down through blood, if that were the case?
>>
>>94225801
/argument
>>
>>94225746
Cracked hasn't been relevant since 2009.
>>
>>94225834
It has to be the most clickbait thing I have ever seen. All because I wanted to check out the RO trailer, I avoided it before the movie came out
>>
>>94225817
Everyone in the galaxy is force sensitive. Very few have enough sensitivity to allow them to use the force as we have seen in the movies/cartoons/etc. The force is in every living thing, which is a fundamental rule of it.
>>
>>94225538
I'm still fucking pissed we never got to at least see what the finished model look like, not even for a couple of seconds. We didn't even get a pic of the finished concept art, if they released concept art for echo and the bad batch then they surely must have one for Anakin and Obi-Wan.
>>
>>94225817
That's not how fictitious universe internal consistency works Reddit-Spacing Anon. You keep arguing from the wrong direction, the non-force sensitive parentage has nothing to do with it anymore than a person born autistic or with cystic fibrosis may have perfectly healthy parents with no indicators. You don't quite seem to understand the laws of heritability at all.
>>
>>94225881
something something laws of nature and science don't work in SW as they do in real life but only when I say so etc
>>
File: valkorion-19653.jpg (36KB, 800x330px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
valkorion-19653.jpg
36KB, 800x330px
Does Legends count?
>>
>>94225945
When does it ever?
>>
>>94225801
>>94225795
Holy fuck, PLEASE read the conversation before joining in.

SISTERS aren't passing their fucking bloodline to each other, they were literally born at the same time.

And the Chosen One, is the SOLE example of sensitivity passing through blood.

The only good points I have seen made are from this post: >>94225739 (the stone people from the comic, and the Nightsisters. These do actually present some evidence for the opposing side of the arguement.)

>>94225872
I know this. I am arguing FOR this anon. This goes against the idea that the force is passed down in your blood.

>>94225881
>reddit-spacing anon
I'm trying to have a serious debate here, why call names?

>the non-force sensitive parentage has nothing to do with it anymore than a person born autistic or with cystic fibrosis may have perfectly healthy parents with no indicators. You don't quite seem to understand the laws of heritability at all.
But what you're suggesting makes no sense. Again, what about Gungi and the Wookiee's? Force sensitivity in Wookiee's is just super weak regarding heritability? To the point where it doesn't show up for entire generations of an entire planets population? Thats absurd to even think it could be blood related at this point.
>>
File: e42.png (331KB, 600x431px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
e42.png
331KB, 600x431px
>>94225629
What was it this time? I keep missing it, damn
>>
>>94225945
Obviously not
>>
>>94225945
No
And thank god. Nobody wants Keeping Up with the Valkorian's to be caanon
>>
<