[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it that good or is nostalgia overrating it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Justice League Unlimited.jpg (201KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Justice League Unlimited.jpg
201KB, 1024x768px
Was it that good or is nostalgia overrating it?
>>
>>94160139
Unlimited is good because they ditched the mandatory 2-parter rule that held the first series back.

Bad stuff is the show was blatantly made to avoid the 3 seasons rule.
>>
>>94166313
had its moments, did a lot of things first
>>
>>94166313
is great desu. JL was okay but JLU was really really good
>>
>>94166313
Re watching it made me like it even more and appreciated its serious tone

Same with the teen titans
>>
>>94166313
It is good. Dare I say its Timm's best work.
>>
Was the episode where flash green lantern and Hawkgirl teleport to the comic world with the justice guild in that one or the original jusice league? That was a great episode
>>
>>94166313
It has the only adaptation of an Alan Moore story that Moore actually likes. Of course it's good.
>>
>>94166313
JLs1 is fucking terrible

JLs2 is better

JLU is fantastic

JLs1's pacing and writing problems look even more strange because it was a direct sequel to Superman TAS which did every single thing better than JL: linear arcs where JL dropped them entirely, character/villain arcs (JL was very static-quo), very few multi-episodes parters.
>>
>>94166590
>>94166815
>>94166662
>>94167147
>>94166936

If this was made in modern day, you guys would be crying about GL hooking up with Hawkgirl and claim SJWS are ruining this show
>>
>>94167509
White people don't care about black people and spanish people getting together
>>
>>94167509
That's because the culture wasn't toxic then.
>>
>>94167509

Yeah dude, you know how those SJWs are really pushing their bird-person-mixing agenda.

...fucking faggot.
>>
>>94167509
>if
You slay me, anon.
>>
>>94167509
I didn't like it then either because Hawkgirl a shit
>>
>>94167509
This isn't /pol/
>>
>>94167747
no its /co/mblr
>>
>>94167747
They wouldn't care either.
>>
>>94167509
It's okay because Hawkgirl is a slut
>>
>>94167509
It's true, especially because Hawgirl turned down -two- separate white Hawkmen.
It would have been absolutely unbearable
>>
>>94167509
>black man and Latina/alien bird woman
is that an objectionable pairing now?
>>
I actually liked the slower pace of the first two seasons. It proved that a show can be a toy commercial but actually be of high quality as well.
>>
>>94166346
>Unlimited is good because they ditched the mandatory 2-parter rule that held the first series back.
God, this.

The writers were so obviously not used to 44-minute plots.
So much padding.
>>
>>94167509
Why wouldn't a black man want to fuck a poultry woman hybrid?
>>
>>94167809
>laughingevan.jpg
>>
>>94166313
The entire Timmverse is overrated.
>>
Just finishing up s2 of JL with my daughter. I've only heard good things about JLU.

For a show that is rated Y7 - there sure was a TON of sexual innuendo thrown into the dialogue.

I like John Stewart but I don't like how Hal Jordan seems to always be snubbed as a feature character in practically everything else outside the comics. At least that is how it seems to me.
>>
>>94167147
>JLs1 is fucking terrible
Eat a dick
>>
File: Hawk Girl master of innuendo.jpg (107KB, 460x1007px) Image search: [Google]
Hawk Girl master of innuendo.jpg
107KB, 460x1007px
>>94172325
>For a show that is rated Y7 - there sure was a TON of sexual innuendo thrown into the dialogue.
It was a different time
>>
File: 1393647407890.gif (1MB, 577x368px) Image search: [Google]
1393647407890.gif
1MB, 577x368px
>>94167509
At least hawk girl wasn't yet another blonde girl

And they made it up by not black or brown washing GA and BC
>>
File: Giganta.gif (983KB, 519x576px) Image search: [Google]
Giganta.gif
983KB, 519x576px
>>94166313
It had some ok spots in it, but it's not as impressive to me as the Batman or Superman series before it. The music dropping in quality was a big miss. Cheap, synthesized keyboard crap after the glorious Shirley Walker orchestrations and no real recognizable motifs.

Batman trying to be humorous didn't really fit his character. It felt forced.

>>94172325
A lot of the innuendo jokes to try to appear "adult" just made it look insecure. Like the nerds who think making something edgy will make people stop making fun of them for liking their thing. It doesn't work.
>>
>>94172325
Hal was dead when this was made
>>
Hawk Girl, Flash, Batman, and Wondy were the Original 7 who looked the best
Supes and GL came off as huge dicks. Especially Supes, both here and in the TAS
>>
>>94172539
>Hair is literally single blob whose contours roughly match a hairline
This is my favorite art-style for long hair. Gives the hair a nice weight you don't see if it's just a hairline that's static like a helmet
>>
>>94167509
>if this was made today people would be complaining about muh SJWs
Well no fucking shit, everybody is so addicted to outrage they will find any excuse to rant about the subject even if the execution or evidence say otherwise, they are often the same crowd that doesn't even read comics or watch cartoons and just want something to shitpost about on the redditor colony boards where people never bother to check the fucking source
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.