[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>King of the Hill has so many strawmans that it eventually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: strawman duke cat.jpg (21KB, 439x303px) Image search: [Google]
strawman duke cat.jpg
21KB, 439x303px
>King of the Hill has so many strawmans that it eventually did a strawman of cats

Wow.
>>
>>94126280
They even did it to Canadians. What did Canada ever do to them?
>>
>>94126370
As a Canadian, that episode is p accurate. Some Canadians have an odd coldness to them - like they just want to be quiet and stay out of your business - or do passive aggressive shit like calling the authorities over inane crap.

Americans I've interacted with are either dicks or want to be your friends.
>>
>>94126280
>>94126370

Weren't these both shown in the later end of KotH's run? Around season 6 or 7, the original creators, Greg Daniels and Mike Judge, lessened their involvement of the show, and I think that's why we got a lot of ridiculous Hank v Strawman episodes in the last half of the show. The writers didn't really know what made, say, the early Halloween episode fun, and these unbearable.
>>
>>94126439
>Americans I met were either dicks or want to be your friends.
That describes 50% of American and the other 50% of America.
>>
File: 1429524641625.jpg (43KB, 497x410px) Image search: [Google]
1429524641625.jpg
43KB, 497x410px
>>94126508
That would explain a lot of my problems with the later half. They're all literally:

>Strawman comes onto the show
>Hank is a good boy, he dindu nuffin - he just wanted to mow his lawn. He was getting his propane career back on track!
>Strawman is defeated in some way by Hank's old fashioned ways

Or if they're not that, they're completely unrealistic bordering on Modern Simpsons. It's still my favorite show despite its slump.
>>
>>94126370
It's funny to subvert the usual negative stereotype of Canadians that they are all unreasonably polite.
>>
>>94126280
I bet Hank voted for trump
>>
>>94126806

Hank was shattered when he found out G Bush junior had a "limp" handshake. That reason alone turned his entire political world upside down (for comedy).

Trump likes his steaks well done with ketchup so haha, I don't think so.

>>94126280

Yeah those "new" episodes were all sorts of garbage. My "favorite" worst one was with ZZ Top.

"Oh hey, you conveniently are relatives with this superstar, even though he's never mentioned nor will be mentioned ever again!"

Ugh.
>>
>>94126876
the zz top episode has a scene where the guy in charge of the film crew says "How can we make this less boring" or something like that while filming hank and pals in the alley

definitely were poking fun at the show itself when they were clearly running low on ideas after the animation switch

been watching KOTH daily for months and even the worst episodes are just so great
>>
>>94126876
>My "favorite" worst one was with ZZ Top.

God - I tried to rewrite this one in my head so many times to make it seem better than it was and maybe I just wasn't getting it - but no, it's just a zombie esque Simpsons episode.
>>
>>94126806
Hank would think Trump is a jackass. He's not voting for anyone else, but Dale would "accidentally" take him to Mexico and this time he wouldn't really care about when he got back.
>>
>>94126948
The problem is it's an episode that only really exists because of what's basically a pun. The whole thing is just "what if Dusty Hill was related to Hank Hill?"
>>
>>94126370
Canadians are pricks.

Fuck, i'll take french Canadians over normal Canadians.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.