[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Huh. This movie was actually good. Not crazy good or revolutionary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: timthumb.jpg (215KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
215KB, 404x600px
Huh. This movie was actually good.

Not crazy good or revolutionary or whatever, kind of rushed in places, and it was kind of mixup of Thor and Cap, but still, it had actual characters with actual motivation (that was explained), story progression, set-ups and pay-offs, the main character learned something and we know what it is...

DC good now?
>>
File: 79-Slowpoke.png (96KB, 800x647px) Image search: [Google]
79-Slowpoke.png
96KB, 800x647px
>>94122214
>>
File: 1478716241392.jpg (20KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1478716241392.jpg
20KB, 384x384px
>>94122214
>the standards for capeshit is so fucking low that having proper story progression and the characters having a motivation is enough to make it "actually good"
>mfw the current state of capeflicks
>>
>>94122274
Yeah I know, I didn't have time to see it until yesterday.

At least the theater was mostly empty.
>>
>>94122300
Have you seen Suicide Squad or X-men Apocalypse?
>>
>>94122325
No, but my point still applies.
When having basic storytelling elements, without which every single story would fall apart, is enough to consider it good, it means the average superhero movie must be written worse than a fucking videogame.
>>
>>94122337
Well there is more money in videogames nowadays than in movies. So that makes sense.

But yeah some capeshit movies are disjointed mess story-wise, and especially late DC movies
>>
>>94122404
>Well there is more money in videogames nowadays than in movies. So that makes sense.
It doesn't because only very specific games are focused on the plot, and they are generally awful anyway.
>>
>>94122214
I haven't seen this but Watchmen was obviously well written. As for videogames shit like FFXII is considered a literary modern masterpiece by many readers.
>>
>>94122437
>shit like FFXII is considered a literary modern masterpiece by many readers
Readers of what, Harry Potter?
>>
>>94122214
It was a lot better than their last few movies thats for sure. Makes me look forward to aquaman a bit.
>>
>>94122461
No that's too normalfag. I dunno wish I had the screencap but it was convincing it was by like people who read a lot, I'll reserve final judgement until I play the game.
>>
>>94122485
Do it because seriously, it's nothing special.
Never found XII to be memorable in any way.
>>
>>94122437
It was a copy paste of the comic that still got all the important bits wrong. It stuns me how they could be so faithful yet miss the point
>>
>>94122214
over rated as fuck. Chris Pine single handedly saved the movie from being shit. Gadot can't act, she was so cringe worthy on any scene she had to show any emotion.

It was decently directed and written until the end when she suddenly had all the powers in the universe
>>
>>94122437
>FFXII is considered a literary modern masterpiece by many readers.
say that in /ffg/ and you will get laughed off the board. IV, VI, VII, and VIII have amazing stories. And I would say VI is at the peak of video game story telling, actually made me cry a few times on my first time and still does to this day
>>
>DC makes a movie that isn't directed by Snyder and isn't a Hot Topic advertisement
>turns out it's not half bad
I wonder if there are any correlations to be made.
>>
File: 12345533201921.jpg (43KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
12345533201921.jpg
43KB, 554x439px
I thought Man of Steel was much better than Wonder Woman.

WW had a good first half but then took a complete fucking nosedive after the NML scene. The ending in particular was painfully awful, only Suicide Squad had a worse ending out of all the DCEU movies.
>>
>>94122830
It improved on the comic by taking out Moore's juvenile point.
Watchmen the comic is literally all in service of Moore telling his readers that their hobby is shit.
>>
>>94122214
Time will tell.
We are having JL in a few months and then we need to see how the Flash movie ends looking.
>>
>>94122214
Am i the only one who think this movie was not that good ? it was enjoyable but that's it. I was actually disappointed and i don't get why americans love this movie so much, it's like they watched the coming of the messiah or something
>>
>>94124674
I would say it was just average as far a cape movies go. Had some good stuff but over all it was just average tier. I don't get why everyone loves it either.
>>
>>94124674
The feminist meme is really strong in USA compared to other parts of the world. People really bought into the whole "holy shit the first woman superhero movie ever YOUR DAUGHTER WILL FINALLY HAVE A ROLE MODEL she never had one before now buy a ticket".

I'm from Europe and I enjoyed the movie, but I didn't think it was that mindblowing/empowering or whatever. It's just the same superheroics but now a woman does it, big woop. It's not like woman heroes were never done before, just the last years we had Furiosa, Rey, Jin, Katniss etc. Why is everyone acting like WW did something never seen before? Why the fuck are Americans so obsessed with the idea of "role models" in shitty Hollywood movies?
>>
>>94122214
>characters with actual motivation (that was explained), story progression, set-ups and pay-offs, the main character learned something

that's the basics of every story. even the shitty ones have all that. this movie was complete and utter trash.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.