[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sing: Not garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: sing.jpg (103KB, 480x686px) Image search: [Google]
sing.jpg
103KB, 480x686px
So since /co/ told me repeatedly this was "better than you'd expect" I gave it a shot. And I've gotta say thanks.

>manages multiple characters well.
>song usage is short and nothing majorly overplayed/annoying
>some genuinely heartfelt moments
>dat porcupine a CUTE!
>even seth mcfarlane didn't ruin it

I gotta say it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I genuinely enjoyed parts of it and there was some nice moments. I genuinely teared up a bit during the Elton John part (I'm still standing) but son/dad stuff always gets me a bit. There were some dud bits but on the whole it was decent. Wish we got to see more of the Electric Squid Theater though.

Either way thanks /co/ I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would, it was a nice film.I hope to see more stuff this well handled from these guys.
>>
>>90535332

Glad you dug it, /co/lleague
>>
>>90535332
Finally someone seeing reason, I convinced all my friends to watch this instead of Rogue One just for the meme but we were pleasantly surprised
>>
>>90535332
>manages multiple characters well
It really doesn't. Their stories don't intertwine in any way, even miniscule unimportant ways. Any character could be completely missing from the movie and every other plot would hum along unaltered.
>song usage is short and nothing is overplayed or annoying
again: wat? All the mood music for the movie was pop with lyrics, as if the entire movie was a trailer. The butchered "operatic" Golden Slumbers was terrible and maudlin every time.
>some genuinely heartfelt moments
Brought to you by scriptron-5000, the automatic plot-writing bot. Shy girls finds her voice! Ape's dad loves him for no raisin! Mike drives off with a murdered on his car that's never addressed-wait what?

It was the definition of a mediocre cookie-cutter cash-in. The movie itself didn't even matter, as soon as they bought the song licenses and hired the recognizable names as VA's they had asses in seats.
>>
>>90536232
Damn I'm sorry to tell you that you officially lied to yourself, sorry kid
>>
File: comeonnow.jpg (45KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
comeonnow.jpg
45KB, 600x375px
>>90536335
>>
>>90535332
Sorry, anon, i can't hear over all those popular songs shoved into this
>>
File: 1454986584161.png (81KB, 206x182px) Image search: [Google]
1454986584161.png
81KB, 206x182px
>>90536554
>musical filled with popular songs
>a problem
>>
>>90536638
>Sing
>A musical
Hahaha, oh child. No.

Sing doesn't even qualify as a jukebox musical

The songs have zero connection to the plot, emotional or otherwise.
>>
>>90535332

Why was seth mcfarlane's character even there? His plot was neither resolved nor interesting.
>>
Now imagine what Illumination could do if they weren't cheap whores.
>>
File: robby.jpg (138KB, 469x750px) Image search: [Google]
robby.jpg
138KB, 469x750px
>>90536698
>Songs in a musical need to be overtly tied to the character singing them

>The songs have zero connection to the plot
The movie was about a singing contest anon. Did you expect them to not sing anything?
>>
>>90536698
Actually some songs uses were clever. Taron Egerton character singing "I'm still standing" was aimed at his father estrangement, while the original was about getting over a breakup.
>>
>>90537103
I thought it was about the fact he was continuing the song even though his stool fell over.
>>
>>90536790
>Why was seth mcfarlane's character even there? His plot was neither resolved nor interesting.

So they could wedge in his mediocre impression of a guy who was such a bland singer the mob had to write songs for him that anyone could perform. Hence his popularity as a karaoke choice.
>>
Sing was actually really good, fuck the critics on this one.
>>
It's a great movie if you're not some dipshit that expects every kids film to be deep and thoughtful
>>
>>90535332
The astroturf threads for this movie have been really obvious.
>>
>>90537487
Underrated post
>>
OP here, I should probably have mentioned earlier, but the film is up on kiss in good quality and that's where I watched it. I said it wasn't terrible, I never said I'd PAY to see it.
>>
>>90539264
Thank you for feeling compelled to mention one of the kiss sites, I can take you even less seriously now.
>>
>>90539513
you got a better site I'd love to hear it. I'm not VPNing so torrents are out.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.