[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Barry just sat there as Wally was taken into the Speedforce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: utter failure.png (712KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
utter failure.png
712KB, 1280x719px
>Barry just sat there as Wally was taken into the Speedforce
Barry is the real villain
>>
>>90532915
it is easily the most heroic thing he has done
>>
Can't Cisco just vibe into the speedforce and get Wally out of there? Isn't that how Barry got out of the speedforce?
>>
File: 1415044336601.png (109KB, 274x231px) Image search: [Google]
1415044336601.png
109KB, 274x231px
>>90532915
People still watch this after season 2?

Season 1 of flash being not shit was a fluke, season 2 having a good ending was an even bigger fluke

Arrow and Legends and Archie are terrible

Drop the CW already
>>
>>90534625
I still say season 1 wasn't particularly good but there was the promise of more that made mistakes forgiving. Like basically week to week the only good part was Wells obviously being evil and making jokes about it. The villains were shit. The personal drama was shit.
>>
>>90534625
>Archie
You take that back, fucker.

Riverdale has been weirdly amazing. It's like Twin Peaks meets Heathers, it's fucking great.
>>
>>90532915
>wanting birth to be lost in the speedforce
>>
>>90534683
I thought the drama in season 1 was fairly well written, and when it was Gustin and Jesse Martin doing the father/son shtick it was well acted as well.

I think the reason the drama fails so regularly (besides being typical CW heavy-handed) is on Candice Patton. She has no chemistry with Gustin and isn't a good enough actress to fake it.
>>
>>90532915
Barry is shit. Wow, that totally hasn't been established in literally every episode.
>>
>>90534863
I feel like she's good with Gustin when they're being cute and things are easy. It's just the heavy emotional stuff doesn't work well.

But I mostly mean the "oh you can't tell Iris for REASONS" nonsense was just bad. And Barry was a fucking selfish creep. He did not need to tell her his feelings when she was already committed to someone.
>>
>>90532915
Well yes, Savitar reiterated he is the FUTURE(,) FLASH several times last night.

Dude is fighting his own future.
>>
>>90535018
>But I mostly mean the "oh you can't tell Iris for REASONS" nonsense was just bad
Yeah, a lot of times the writers can't come up with a reasonable emotional conflict so they invent one

Joe trying to tell Barry not to change the past was so fucking stupid. "No, don't revert history to the previous timeline Barry! Yes you'll still be the Flash, and yes your dad will be out of prison and your mom will be alive, and yes you'll be saving literally everyone effected by the particle accelerator or harmed by a powered person after, and you'll be married to Iris and still have a great relationship with me and everyone in STAR labs....

But don't do it Barry! It's what makes you SPESHUL"

"Don't prevent the holocaust barry, the six million make you SPESHUL!"
>>
Oh boy, I can't wait for more "iris is a bitch again because his idiot brother trapped himself in the speedforce" drama xD
>>
>>90534625
>LOL it was never good
By the same vein Daredevil season 1 was shit as well
>>
I miss the zoomposting...
>>
>>90535192
You're not very good at reading
>>
>>90535192
It kind of was. Kingpin was awful, dumb autist character.
>>
>>90535018

you're one of the few that believes that anon, they really do not have on screen chemistry at all.
>>
>>90535317
It's really more visible in season 1 because she has great chemistry with Rick Cosnett (probably because she wasn't acting and legitimately finds him hot)
>>
>>90535317
Maybe but I don't know. Early on when they did "sibling" stuff it did feel very coupley. Like that bowling alley scene. More of that and less EMOTIONAL IMPORTANCE is probably the way to go.
>>
can u fuckin spoiler it, ffs RIGHT in the first sentence, fuck you man seriously
>>
>>90535374
Holy shit, you're still parroting this.
>>
>>90532915
I'm going to post this again.

1. Flash and co. unethically, illegally detain criminals in small cells.
2. Flash and co. are responsible for the deaths of several of these criminals.
3. Flash knocked out Julian, a civilian, just to shut him up. Imagine if you read a story about a cop doing the same -- you would be pissed, right?
4. Flash refuses to beat up female villains, only ever pushing or cuffing them. Meanwhile, male villains, even those that perform minor crimes, get beaten to a pulp by him.
5. Flash has altered the timeline how many times? How many lives has he erased? How many lives has he created? How many lives has he changed? He really doesn't seem that remorseful over all this.
6. There is no reason for villains like Plunder to be a threat to the Flash at all.
7. Why are the writers so afraid of having Flash or the Rogues perform any tricks with their abilities?
8. After 3 seasons, are you really going to tell me that the team doesn't trust each other enough to not hold secrets?

Defend any of these.
>>
>>90535512
Fuck you for watching this shit show.
>>
File: whatarebirdswejustdontknow.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
whatarebirdswejustdontknow.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
>>90535589
>>
>>90535637

Writer incompetence, story convenience and selectively deciding what drama cw-ness they want to show explain all of this.

The rest they don't give a shit about, or aren't decent enough writers to convey otherwise.
>>
>>90535637

>having villains actual do things cost money
>making costumes cost money
>using CGI and special effects cost money
>can't do anything cool because copyrights issues

Live action superhero shows are a mistake. It's better to have an animated series since there's so much more creative freedom.
>>
>>90534683
I still enjoyed the Rogues on Season 1 and 2. The rest of the villains, not so much
>>
>>90535018
Barry has better chemistry with Wells, Eobard, Patty and Snart.
>>
>>90536166

And you notice the pattern is all of the actors tend to be older and more experienced and have received praise from other things before now.
>>
>>90535637

The thing is... all of these WOULD be defensible if this was at all intentional by the writers. Like they honestly wanted to do a story analysis the real grey morality of vigilantism and using god-like powers over the whole city with human fallibility.

Bah nah, the writers are just sloppy as fuck.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.