[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Logan is certified capekino, should the MCU follow suit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5228.jpg (456KB, 976x1424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5228.jpg
456KB, 976x1424px
Now that Logan is certified capekino, should the MCU follow suit and invest in a "Rogers" movie?
>>
Has Evan shown interest after Avengers 4? .Cap movies are the most cereal of the mcu. It can without reaching Logan levels of brutality
>>
Only if it is about Sam, Bucky and Cap babysitting American Dream
>>
>>90529198
MCU should make a Bullet Points movie now that they have Spider-Man back.

Problem is no F4 yet but Reed Fury is less essential than Hulk Peter.
>>
I was thinking about it, and I think the reason why I don't have that much of an emotional attachment to the MCU is that there is always another hero. If Iron Man, Spider-Man, or any hero fails, there are still many more to take their place. And even so, the only supporting cast characters I recall dying are Ancient One, Thor's Mom and the scientists who worked with Stark/Steve. Nothing really gets dour for the MCU because there's always the "need this character to tie into ________" feel.

Logan, you felt the weight of things. You had a senile Xavier, you have Logan barely making ends meet, and he's flat out tired. There is nobody in the MCU who fits that model. (Maybe the Punisher, but we'll see). Logan at least had the feeling of all the heroes collectively failing, while the MCU is scared to show onscreen civilian deaths.
>>
>>90529958
I guess they can use Hank.
>>
>>90529958
Fuck that
Make a Superior Foes movie
>>
>>90529913
That would require the MCU to acknowledge teen heroes who aren't Spider-man.
>>
A dystopian-future MCU movie is a great idea because they can do the thing the Old Man Logan comic did that the movie couldn't: world-building. A blind Jeremy Renner with a ponytail is almost too badass. Once we get a "New Avengers" team, have them do a time-travel movie. It would be a blast.

That said, I take it you are referring to the self-contained, melancholy and very mature style that Logan was done in. Marvel might let something like that happen way down the line, but you're looking in the wrong place. They are just not going to do an R-rated superhero movie anytime soon. That isn't their lane. Good for FOX for taking chances; X-Force might be something to see now, but that ain't Marvel Studios.

That said, I have little doubt WB is kicking themselves this week after seeing those Logan #/s. I don't know that Suicide Squad would have been better if it had been shot with an R-rating in mind, but it definitely would have been closer to Ayer's vision. They made the wrong calculation, again.
>>
>>90530086
All the Chrises to call it quits with RDJ clinging to Iron Man.
No more Thor, Cap or Star-Lord but we gotta keep Iron Man, they can't pull a DoFP, look at how that ended, so they go full MC2 with Holland's Spider-Man leading into Spider-Girl, Daddies Hawkeye and Vision in the Avengers, American Dream joins in, Red Queen or however Hope calls herself is already built up with the ant-scene in Ant-Man, Cassie takes the Wasp mantle. Tony goes full-retard on Rhodie and we get the nanobot-zombie thing PLUS Mainframe.
It's all there, Anon.
Keep teasing a full cancelation every now and then and it would be MC2U.
>>
>>90529198
Didn't we do that all ready in Earth X?
>>
File: IMG_5231.jpg (69KB, 420x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5231.jpg
69KB, 420x640px
>Dimension Z movie that ends with Steve passing the shield onto Ian

Fund it
>>
>>90530235
Marvel has the Netflix shows, but Logan still felt more emotionally charged than those shows.
>>
>>90530315
Also with them saving Dimension Z instead of just leaving it behind and forgetting all about it.

That arc's pretty solid if you just choose to end it at issue 10.
>>
>>90530319
Well that was because it was shot beautifully and had well-directed A-list actors instead of a bunch of literally who's and a camcorder.
>>
> the incursions, Cap...
> Tony caused them

I HURT MYSELF TODAY
>>
>>90530493
Was there anything to save? My memory is foggy but wasn't it a desolate world only populated with Zola's fucked up experiments?
>>
>>90530632
No. There were indigenous beings that Zola oppressed and used for his experiments
>>
they should call it

Steve
>>
>>90530008
The best Captain America comic was Daredevil: Born Again.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.