[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of her amnesia, if it got fixed two episodes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Korra.jpg (179KB, 666x341px) Image search: [Google]
Korra.jpg
179KB, 666x341px
What was the point of her amnesia, if it got fixed two episodes later? It's been several years, and it still bugs me.
>>
A very poorly thought out and somewhat decently executed excuse to have a Wan The First Avatar mini-arc to explain the spirit shenanigans and Chief Sheev's motivation to end all existence.
>>
>>90523015
Writing was bad.
>>
>>90523445
They didn't need an excuse.
>>
Korra would've been better if they hadn't introduced a new villain every season y/n?
>>
>>90523015
For the relationship drama with Mako that nobody wanted or liked.

>>90523445
She didn't need the amnesia for that. It's not like she knew who Raava or Wan were before she got amnesia.
>>
>>90523508
The format would've been fine if executed well. That being said, I definitely prefer the slower pace of the original because it allowed the writers time to really explore and develop the main cast.
>>
>>90523015
The second season was a goddamn train wreck outside the Wan episodes.

Best not to dwell.
>>
>>90523508
To be fair, that's not really their fault.
>You're getting just the one season and that's it.
>Actually, let's make it two, but that's it.
>Actually, let's make it four.
>>
>>90523635
They didn't use the time they had very well.

S1 had way too much time dedicated to pro-bending, which ultimately led to nothing.
>>
>>90523678
and love triangles. Not to mention they had way too many central characters.
>>
>>90523692
They had too many ideas and tried to fit them all when all they really needed were a handful.

Bryke didn't have editors or other writers looking over their shit and telling them they needed to trim and cut off stuff to fit more important things, like character development.
>>
To have her forget that she was going to go ask the Fire Nation for help directly in taking down Unalaq's navy that is sitting out on the ocean since she's not in full control of the Avatar State and so therefore can't take out a military force since she's not strong enough...they constantly nerfed Korra and asked us to believe that the Avatar State is no longer an instant win despite there being no reason it shouldn't be anymore.
>>
grunkle stan had it for literally 5 minutes in the gravity falls finale
>>
>>90523766
to be fair thats a season one problem and season 2 onwards its just as shitty
>>
>>90523489
But a transition is always welcome. it make sense it came this way.
>>
>>90527743
They wrote themselves into a corner in Season 1. That's why they just made stuff up as the show went on.
>>
>>90523678
Pro-bending was awesome, and anyone who says otherwise just wanted a literal ATLA repeat.
That said, it was one of the few LOK highlights.
>>
>>90523015
I found it odd and pretty pointless too. But that part happened way after I had given up on expecting any good writing, so I didn't let it bother me too much.

>>90523635
It's not uncommon for writers to face difficult constraints. They'll just need to make the best of the situation. Justice League is a good example of a series that was able to work with uncertainty about renewal; every season finale was written with something that could work as a satisfying series finale if it turns out that they won't get to make another season.
>>
>>90523015
She was actually interesting as a broken down husk of a human. But they turned her into her whiny, incompetent self in three episodes.
>>
Korra's massive breasts.
>>
>>90523015
It was a bad show, anon.
>>
>>90527940
someone competent would have fixed it in the first couple episodes of season two
and they did but then the fucked up everything more
season two in unwatchable half because of how awfulthe writing is and half because the animation is disgusting
>>
>>90523015
excuse to have an exposition about the origin of her power
>>
>>90530363
http://imgur.com/a/Wc2If
>>
That didn't really bother me, but Korra jobbing and Jinora having to bail her out in the season 2 finale did bother the shit out of me. Twice already in a row we had Korra gaining the upper hand on Unalaq, only for something to go wrong. And it was never explained why she couldn't access Raava's essence inside Unavaatu, but Jinora could. Not to mention the fact that they introduced a problem, only for them to resolve it by a deus ex machina literally a minute later. So.. What was the point of doing that in the first place?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.