[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he Bendis 2.0? Or, when did he completely lose his touch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1654476-mark_waid_26.jpg (465KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1654476-mark_waid_26.jpg
465KB, 1024x768px
Is he Bendis 2.0?

Or, when did he completely lose his touch?
>>
>>90514988
>>
>>90518053

waayyyy before that, my friend.
>>
>>90514988

Marvel siphoned the talent out of him over the years. If he was writing Teen Titans and wanted to do something similar to Champions his editor would slap him upside the head and tell him to write something not shit.

But since Teen Titans is cursed to be shit, it'd still be bad but just not as bad.
>>
>>90514988

Right in the middle of his Daredevil run IMO. It's not an immediate break, just a slow drag. And then all his output after was shit.
>>
>>90518284
maybe like 5 years before
>>
the only good thing he did was make the speedforce
fuck KC
>>
>>90514988
I've never liked him. At his best he's competent.
His FF run made me question the taste of the many fans that suggested it to me. I have hard time deciding if I hate Ross or Waid more in KC.
>>
>>90514988
he's always being a whiny bitch
only difference now is social media
>>
Tom King is the new Bendis with his crappy dialogue in Batman.
>>
Kingdom Come wasn't even that good, if it didn't have Alex Ross's art everyone would just remember it as "COMICS THESE DAYS SUCK" butthurt.
>>
>>90514988
After he left DC he was never the same.
>>
>>90518880
>>90522188
Oh this.

I will never understand the love that Kingdom Come gets.

>NOT MUH COMICS REEEEEEEEE

Fuck out of here.
>>
>>90518880
This, his Flash also made me question why he was so beloved. never liked his JL.

Did enjoy a good chunk of his Daredevil though.
>>
>>90519898
>Tom King is the new Bendis

I think that the hate that he gets is pure bandwagon hate, he is good, not the best but not bad, clearly not awful
>>
>>90524613
>not liking his flash

Leave
>>
>>90518411
I'm not familiar with the later half of his Daredevil run, but the Bullseye reveal sucked out a lot of tension that was present with Coyote and Ikari.
>>
Waid may have gone down the shitter but comparing him to Bendis is too far.
>>
>>90524850
Messner-Loebs was better
>>
>>90524552
I'm glad people are starting to turn around on it. A few years ago you couldn't say anything negative about KC without getting pounced on for "not understanding comics" or whatever.
>>
I recently went to C3, the first annual Comic Creators Conference in Long Beach the day before LBCE and Waid was one of the speakers. Based on a few things he said, it really seems like he's only working at Marvel to fund his creator owned stuff. He said that doing creator owned work is more rewarding, but sometimes you have to do what you got to do.

My guess based on everything I heard. He's phoning it in and basically doing whatever editors tell him. He barely spoke about his Marvel work outside of a small jab at the 90's Harass thing.

He's also gotten really fat.
>>
>>90526006
thats hardly an excuse
remender was doing marvel stuff while doing like 2-3 independent series and you could tell that when his marvel stuff's quality suffered, it was because editorial mandates
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.