[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is the only animated show of its era that DOESN'T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

So this is the only animated show of its era that DOESN'T have:

>forced romance themes
>"deep" plot and exposition
>watered down anime tropes
>an agenda for social justice
>some kind of rhetoric to shove down the viewers throat
>Relationship drama, there's relationships on the show but it's played for laughs

>it's by far the most popular cartoon airing today, it plays all day on CN and most YT videos have millions of hits.

It's almost people actually want to watch a cartoon, yeah?
>>
They are "almost" people?
>>
But it does have all of those things, except in the form of shitty parodies. Which doesn't make it any better
>>
>>90509717
It's shit OP
>>
I can't believe we direct so much hate towards the three or four deep lore shows that are currently airing that people are actually champion TTG as an example of what a cartoon should be.
>>
You like this show op?
>>
>>90509717

>forced romance themes
They just aired a Beast-Boy/Raven shipping half-hour special. They've done countless episodes about Robin pining for Starfire. Cyborg/Jinx is a thing. They've used Tara, Speedy, and Aqualad solely for love triangle plots
>"deep" plot and exposition
This I'll give you
>watered down anime tropes
The entire show is done in chibi style, it just looks weird because it's also flash. They constantly have the large screaming heads too.
Boys V Girls episode, as well as many other episodes, constantly push the "boys are idiots, the girls are the only competant ones" agenda. There has been a gay kiss on the show.
>some kind of rhetoric to shove down the viewers throat
Endless meta-jokes that adults should not be watching a show aimed at children. Endless meta-jokes that the show is great and people only dislike it because of "NOT MUH" arguments.
>Relationship drama, there's relationships on the show but it's played for laughs
Many of the examples I listed in your first point were played straight.

I'm clearly a fan of the show, I've seen every episode, but your post is retarded.
>>
Uncle

Grandpa
>>
What it does have though is shit humor and animation. I miss the old Teen Titans.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 278x182px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 278x182px
And yet it's still shit.

Fuck this gay planet.
>>
They have the Boys vs. Girls episode, the most sexist thing the network has produced since the Witch Ay Woman episode of Johnny Bravo.
>>
>It's almost people actually want to watch a cartoon, yeah?

Yes, they're called children
>>
>>90510757
Which one are you talking about, the "boys' night out vs girls' night out"? Cause that one was pretty neutral and nice.
Or the one where the boys get captured and don't want the girls to rescue them cause they're fedoralords?
>>
>>90509868
fpb... I mean spbp
>>
>>90512633

This one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ifKQ69pL-0

Which felt more like a parody of a "boys vs the superior girls" episode
>>
>>90512475
Hmmm... truteal, that's a familiar username outside 4chan.
Still shitposting, are we? kek
>>
>>90510102
Underrated
>>
File: 1442324992.gif (357KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1442324992.gif
357KB, 500x281px
Man, I dig the show, but you people really need to either get laid or start watching anime.
Seriously, just pick one or the other, I don't care which, just get off the fucking fence. I've had it up to here with discussions of contemporary animation that revolve entirely around the half-dozen watchable shows that show up on American television. The only market here is for sappy children's shows and dumb adult shows, so that's what fucking gets made. At the same time, it should be abundantly obvious by now that all of the creators of these shows watch and are inspired by anime, so if you want a show that isn't the same damn thing over and over again, then try watching content from a country that actually likes cartoons. Otherwise you should just leave this place and try touching a girl.
>>
>>90517232
That's true. How many times can you rewatch Avatar and DCAU? These cartoon watching manchildren piss me off, at least anime geeks watch different animes and crush fat girls on cons (I'm a comic guy).
>>
>>90517232
>>90517397
The 2000s were full of awesome shows, though.
It's just modern cartoons that mostly suck.
>>
>>90513397
Heh, kind of funny.
>>
>>90517232
>>90517397
Do you not realize that places like /co/ are pretty much single-handedly keeping hope alive for a revival of animesque cartoons?
>>
>>90517842
You're not doing anything, you're bitching about shit, enabling your arrested development and fapping every 4 hours.
>>
>>90517999
nice trips man, but you're pretty much describing all of 4chan and even many so-called "normies" these days
or was that your intention?
>>
>>90510757

I'd like to see them do another 'boys vs girls' episode, except the (way overpowered) girls don't/can't use their powers and have to rely solely on their physical ability and then let's see how well they fare then.
>>
WHEN
>>
>>90522061
DOES
>>
>>90522294
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsGHPJnNxNE

Keep up man.
>>
File: Gumball_9512.jpg (41KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Gumball_9512.jpg
41KB, 350x263px
>>90509717
There are a lot of similarities between the two.
>>
The Amazing World of Gumball
Uncle Grandpa
We Bare Bears
Wander Over Yonder
The Loud House
Harvey Beaks
Future Worm
Pickle and Peanut
Sanjay and Craig

There I named you some that are all better than TTG, now fuck off

>it's by far the most popular cartoon airing today
lol no
>>
>>90522756
I challenge you to name one cartoon more popular than TTG right now. Don't even dare say SU or MLP or adult shit like rerunsons or reddit and memey
>>
File: xma.gif (786KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
xma.gif
786KB, 250x231px
>>90509717
>>
>>90523056
There is nothing decent the American animation empire has pretty much fallen. Nick and CN need new programming blocks and no live action.Some long-term program directors need to be fired.
>>
File: 1465518742845.jpg (11KB, 250x277px) Image search: [Google]
1465518742845.jpg
11KB, 250x277px
>>90509717
I wonder how many kids will look back at this show and say "what the fuck did I find so great about this?". Part of me thinks that /co/ will be infested by these kids years down the road talking about how cartoons used to be awesome like this looking back on TTG with rose tinted glasses and ignorance. It's already starting with 2000's cartoons and this is even worse. The worst part is we'll all still be here having to suffer through it.
>>
>>90517232

Seriously why are you on /co/?
>>
>>90523056
Spongebob
>>
>>90523056
Sonic Boom
>>
>>90524826
>It's already starting with 2000's cartoons and this is even worse.
As much as I'm sure you, anon, would like this to be true, it really isn't for the most part.
2000s cartoons were actually GOOD, by and large. Even the "bad" ones were the result of inadvertent failures, not a lack of effort like now.
>>
>>90513397
I honestly don't remember this episode. Can't have been too controversial.
>>
>>90509717
John K., pls go.
>>
>>90509717
This show stinks. Bring back the 2003 Teen Titans and give us season six already. Honestly, is cartoon network just run by a bunch of fuckwits?
>>
>>90528152
2000s was such a good time for cartoons.
This is a dark age by comparison.
>>
>>90523056
Spongebob, The Loud House, Bunsen is a Beast, Star Vs The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, Mickey fucking Mouse

Your move
>>
>>90509963
And that's wrong because?
>>
>>90531423

Eh, wouldn't call it that good, especially near the end, but WAAAAAY better than the modern dark age we're at right now.
>>
>People are going to wonder why Cyborg isn't like TTG version.

Oh that's going to be delicious.
>>
>>90531497
>this a modern dark age
Fucking how?
Do people really miss stuff like Squirrel Boy?
>>
>>90531497
Please. The stuff from the 00s is gold compared to the garbage we have now.
Remember when cartoons weren't soulless pieces of "animation"?
>>
File: 1483676967247.gif (344KB, 285x278px) Image search: [Google]
1483676967247.gif
344KB, 285x278px
>>90531570
>Little brother went to see BVS
>said he didn't like how it wasn't funny like TTG
>>
>>90531705
You think DC will overhaul their comics to be more like TTG?
I find Dick Grayson bland compared to the cartoon version.
>>
>>90531705
Cyborg is going to be gloomy and morose over his body. Not Jovial and Optimistic.

>>90531733
Who doesn't love a neurotic asshole.
>>
>>90531759
>Cyborg is going to be gloomy and morose over his body.
>never read the Perez/Wolfman run
I always thought /co/ not reading comics was a myth.
>>
File: Screenshot (343).jpg (38KB, 680x432px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (343).jpg
38KB, 680x432px
>>90509717
>>
>>90531833
Funny, considering Enter legitimately loved the crossover episode.
>>
>>90531759
>Who doesn't love a neurotic asshole.
DC apparently. They have to have boring, straight laced, safe Dick Grayson.
>>
>>90531785

But that isn't the version that people going into this film are going to be familiar with is the point. Not that there hasn't been a angry version of cyborg in the past.
>>
>>90531886
>But that isn't the version that people going into this film are going to be familiar with is the point.
Well they should read more comic, huh?
It's like people getting upset that Burton's Batman was nothing like Adam West's Batman.
>>
>>90531833
Someone should do an edit of this but with Steven Universe instead of Enter.
>>
>>90531453
Because TTG is fucking shit.
>>
>>90532034
Not it isn't.
It's better than Tumblr Universe or Waifu vs the Forces of Evil.
>>
>>90531980
That in itself ties back into a problem that I've had with comic movies and adaptation movies in general for years.

They never familiarize people with the source material by republishing things or somehow showing those older materials.
>>
>>90532079
>better than Tumblr Universe
can't argue there
>or Waifu vs the Forces of Evil
u w0t m8
>>
>>90531448
> Gravity Falls
> Popular

Tell that to season 3
>>
>>90532146
>TTG is better than SU
>Tumblr Universe
?????
>>
>>90532146
Star Vs is shit.
It was good when it was just about some magical fucking around with her wand but then they ruined it by making 2deep4u.
>>
>>90532146
Why is Teen Titans GOAT so much better than SJW Universe?
>>
>>90531448

Only Sponge Bob is really popular and Grivity Falls kinds, the rest nobody knows or are just perceived as kids shows.
>>
I personally don't really care for another season of the original if only to resolve the forced cliffhanger in the last episode.
>>
>>90532199
Still getting reruns and mostly fresh content.

>>90532379
>the rest nobody knows or are just perceived as kids shows.
How is that different from any other show?
>>
There was an episode about Girls > Boys.
>>
>>90513397
Have you actually seen the episode? I watched it three times, and still can't find the satirical twist. It was clearly played straight to me.
>>
>>90533163
THIS!
And this is not a case of /co/ finding propaganda that doesn't exist. The episode FLAT OUT stated girls were superior to boys, with no indication that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
>>
>>90532379
>Nobody knows about Loud House or Star
Star is one of the only cartoons there air on the main Disney channel and Loud House beat Spongebob in the ratings. It's the fist show to do it in years.
>>
>>90532199
You know perfectly well the creator CHOSE to end the show, it wasn't cancelled due to ratings.
>>90532203
>>90532348
It's better because TTG can actually be funny.
>>90532284
/co/ mostly seems to think the exact opposite.
>>
File: h8L8VtO.png.jpg (24KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
h8L8VtO.png.jpg
24KB, 480x270px
>>90531607

>96% of today's animation is half-assed flash or CGI.
>Barely any action cartoons with almost all of them being shallow dogshit and the actually good ones getting automatically canned.
>Half-assed CGI animated films everywhere, with mediocre/bland stuff like Frozen, Big Hero 6, and Despicable Me being labled "Beloved Animated Classics". Even Pixar has resorted to making mostly ass with Inside Out being a miracle only to be followed by shit like Good Dinosaur and Finding Dory.
>Shit that should've ended years ago like Spongebob and Simpsons still airing nonstop and getting worse and worse.
>CN has resorted to showing one show over and over again that unlike Spongebob and Simpsons, was never good or enjoyable in the least.
>Adult animation still only used for comedies.
>The only good things come from Japan and to an extent Europe.
>>
>>90531607
No, but today's stuff may be even worse.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.