[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which Rebirth books would you consider a success and which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: Rebirth Green Arrow.jpg (390KB, 975x1336px) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth Green Arrow.jpg
390KB, 975x1336px
So which Rebirth books would you consider a success and which ones are failures, or rather, which ones do you like?
>>
>>90504326
The last issue of "Green Arrow" was pretty fucking great.
>>
File: IMG_2487.jpg (136KB, 655x1003px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2487.jpg
136KB, 655x1003px
>>90504326
Supes and Deathstroke have been pretty solid.
>>
>>90504326
Depends on what you mean by "success".

I have read almost all of rebirth books and I only looking forward RHATO and NSM.
>>
>>90504326
I've been enjoying Batman, Nightwing, Cyborg and the Captain Atom mini.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 153x232px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 153x232px
>>90504326
Rightwing has been great in my opinion.
>>
Blue Beetle is the biggest failure to me. Geoff Johns set up something interesting with the character in the one shot and Giffen fucked it up.
>>
>>90504468
Nightwing* I hate my phone
>>
>>90504468
>Rightwing

Bill O'Reilly take on Dick Grayson.
>>
>>90504506
I would pay money to see a fox news host rant about comics for a hour.
>>
>>90504387
I was tempted to buy the first vol of Green Arrow Rebirth, has he been handled well? I hope they didnt go full retard with his liberal tendencies
>>
>>90504326
RHATO is my favorite and the biggest suprise to me.

Superman has been hit and miss to me, but I do enjoy it. New Super-Man has been a joy. Green Lanterns books are fun and I like Green Arrow.

Batman has been my biggest disappoint.
>>
>>90504603
>full retard with his liberal tendencies
Well, they certainly took him back to being a liberal, that is very much front and center in Rebirth.
If that's gonna bother you, you'd best stay away.
>>
>>90504603
It's liberal but it's not internet SJW.
>>
>>90504536
Just tell Alex Jones about that Calexit book or the one about Black people being the only supers and I'm sure that'd fill an hour long rant.
>>
>>90504603
He certainly is liberal, but he is Green Arrow, after all. The worst that happened was the word "mansplaining", but that's it.

The latest issue was very political.
>>
>>90504326
Anyone who tells you New Super-Man or Flintstones are bad is a lying sack of mouse shit
>>
Green Arrow and Deathstroke are tickling my fancy quite nicely.
Green Arrow is still a bit clumsy when it comes to dialogue but it's giving me a good time and I enjoy the solid supporting cast. Excited to see what happens at Star City and beyond, Percy been pretty good at setting up a longer overarching plot.
Deathstroke is just excellent. Everyone in it is awful, it made me actually interested in the character and every week, even when I think there's nothing g that could really shock me, Priest stI'll gets me.

I kinda hope after Lazarus Contracts up and Deathstroke has had a long amount of time since it last crossed over, that it and GA have a crossover. Ollie and Slade really do make perfect foils for each other, but no story has ever properly gone into it well.

The former government agent turned mercenary vs the former billionare turned bleeding heart.
>>
>>90504792
Oh no Im fine with it, its part of his character after all, I was just worried they got carried away with it like >>90504818
mentioned. I'll probably pick it up
>>
>>90504326
New Super-Man, Deathstroke and RHATO are GOAT. Green Arrow and Aquaman are okay.
Nothing else's kept my interest, outside of minis and Young Animal.
>>
>>90504326
I like Superman, New Super-man, and Deathstroke. The first issue of Super-sons was promising. The rest are a mix of disappointing and mediocre. Nothing outright BAD, but nothing particularly interesting. At least not enough for me to keep them on my pull. Ellis' Wild Storm and the Young Animals books are solid though, but those aren't "Rebirth."
>>
Both Green Lantern books. It's kind of amazing after years of shit and mediocrity we finally get not one, but two actually decent GL books. It's more amazing since it's still Venditti on one of them.

Also New Superman has been fantastic.
>>
>>90505059
Also maybe Priest could help Percy with his dialogue. Hopefully those 2 and Abnett were all actually communicating well while writing Lazarus Contract
>>
>>90505070
Then you'll probably like it, the art has been absolutely gorgeous.
>>
>>90505134
It is funny how Venditti is basically undoing the things he didi in his past run.
>>
>>90505232
He undid the light reservoir shit pretty quick actually. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd issue after the finale where he had Jim tell Hal to just stop giving a shit and save the universe.
>>
>>90504603
GA is pretty much the single DC character that fits with the term "Social Justice Warrior"
>>
File: moments-before-the-ring.png (532KB, 344x796px) Image search: [Google]
moments-before-the-ring.png
532KB, 344x796px
Green Lanterns is my surprise favorite.

I can't believe Humphries of all people made Volthoom, Jessica, and Baz compelling characters to follow.
>>
>>90504424
Add Deathstroke and you have the DC part of my pullist.
>>
File: Batman__2016___018_010.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Batman__2016___018_010.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Batman, it's the best it's been since the start of New 52, it's been good enough to actually make it on my pull list, and I usually fucking hate Batman.
>>
>>90506399
What did they do with Volthoom? I havent been reading GL and I was a bit disappointed when I heard Jess dropped the Power Ring persona to become another dime a dozen GL
>>
>>90507975
Established his origin at last and Humphries somehow managed to make his multiverse hopping make sense and be good.
>>
>>90507733
Batman has been good, yeah. Not as good as King's Omega Men/Vision/Sheriff of Babylon though, and I Am Suicide was a weak spot.

I was kind of disappointed in a lot of what I tried. Superman and Detective Comics were getting great reception but I thought the writing for both of them was kind of mediocre. I didn't like the Green Lanterns, Green Arrow, Flash, and Titans stuff much either, but I guess most of it is better than before Rebirth.

The comics that really surprised me with how much I liked them were New Super-Man and Deathstroke. Wasn't that interested in either of them to start with but they ended up being great. Young Animal stuff is great too, Wild Storm has potential.
>>
>>90504491

It's better than the last blue beetle run but still a pretty big disappointment. The "lol jk, the scarab is magic again" is kind of stupid but watching Dr. Fate ice some motherfuckers to get it in play was interesting.
>>
>>90504326
GA has been solid but Deathstroke, holy shit, Priest is a Beast, that comic is one surprise after another.
>>
New Super-Man is the best
>>
Green Arrow
Green Lanterns
Superman
Batman
Deathstroke
Cyborg
Detective Comics
New Superman
Red Hood

I tried getting into Super Woman and Blue Beetle. Super Woman wasn't really for me, but I did enjoy Steel and Natasha in the book and I'd like them to get a spinoff. Blue Beetle is super slow and decompressed and the writing is awful. The dialogue is trying way to hard to sound witty and snarky but it comes off like everyone hates each other and doesn't want to be around each other. I was interested in the book due to the Rebirth one shot but its taking forever to do anything with the premise
>>
>>90504326

Deathstroke's the best one by far, but I also dig Nightwing, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman whenever Catwoman's not around and King goes into Bendis talk mode...

Honestly Rebirth just seems like a huge success to me, I can't think of any book I really dislike. At the most I'm not really too interested but I enjoy the status quo they setting up like on Green Arrow and Birds of Prey
>>
>>90504326
Deathstroke and New Super-Man have been some highlights, but something about TItans just scratches a particular itch. The same itch that makes me want to play super hero mmos. Titans just feels the most universe connected comic, like just a bunch of teenagers fighting crime and chilling in the dc universe, idk how to explain it. And I've never been much a TT fan before.
>>
>>90509666
>And I've never been much a TT fan before.
We know, Trigon.
>>
I think Justice League and Blue Beetles are generally agreed to be the bad ones.
>>
>>90510083
Justice League and Beetle have both just picked up though
>>
>>90509421
Superwoman's getting a new writer after tomorrow's issue, so hopefully it picks up next month.
>>
>>90504326
Green Arrow, Superman, Action Comics and Detective Comics are huge successes, their sales have gone up from what they were per Rebirth. Also Flash and Titans are doing good numbers.

As for liking, only Deathstroke for me.
>>
Hal and the GLC has been much better than the last run and is actually quite good right now. Superman and Action Comics have been pretty solid too. Green Lanterns is ok, but Jessica drags it down a lot. Supergirl is kind of stupid and I'm only reading it because it will probably drop some heavy Legion hints soon. Blue Beetle is and Death of Hawkman was incredible disappointing.
>>
>>90510083
I'll take Blue Beetle over Wonder Woman, JL, JLA, Action Comics, Superwoman or Flash. But it is the biggest disappointment out of the line.
>>
>>90510083
I like Justice League
>>
>>90510562
up until the last two issues it was awful
>>
>>90510524
JLA is great though
>>
>>90510644
>great
in no way, shape or form
>>
>>90510723
in every way
>>
>>90510751
Fuck off meme pleb.
>>
>>90510083
JL picked up midway thru the second arc, and Blue Beetle is pretty good standards teenage superheroics, with some DC universe love with Kord and Fate.

Birds of Prey is kinda eh, but that IP has seen way worse, Batgirl REALLY isn't for me, but the first arc at least was way better than Gail or the first arc of Burnside.

IMO, Superwoman is the only legitimately bad comic, and even that has some confusing bad comic charm to it, the Best There Is and Odyssey.
>>
File: kinky.png (1MB, 626x619px) Image search: [Google]
kinky.png
1MB, 626x619px
>>90504536
They're still corrupting your youth and making them gay.
>>
>>90510785
its good though
>>
New Super-Man and Deathstroke are the creative successes

Everything else is bland oatmeal
>>
>>90512635
this is true but oatmeal is good so it's not a bad thing
>>
The new Captain Atom stuff has been pretty great. I'd like an ongoing, but I don't see it happening.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.