[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I usually avoid Big Two capeshit but I hear DC Rebirth is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: DC_Rebirth.png (4MB, 1500x1161px) Image search: [Google]
DC_Rebirth.png
4MB, 1500x1161px
So I usually avoid Big Two capeshit but I hear DC Rebirth is good. Marvel stuff looks like a joke these days so I'm dubious.
>>
>>90501247
you know you can like capeshit and not feel bad about it right? even if its a garbage run, like what you like man, im finding a lot of rebirth is starting to stagnate a bit and theres some good marvel runs but not many, i liked carnage, moon knight, daredevil and doctor strange from marvel but now im mostly reading indie shit till DC kicks off the Lazarus contract story arc
>>
>>90501247
It's OK.

>>90501290
>theres some good marvel runs

Most objectively false thing ever.
>>
>>90501247
>So I usually avoid Big Two capeshit
Sagerino
>>
>>90501247
DC is never good
>>
>>90501385
didnt know we were writing a paper, want me to cite my sources? things dont have to be objectively good for people to like them, people can just like things.
>>
>>90501290
>>90501401
I'm not opposed to capeshit I just generally don't go in for much of it. I like TMNT and Hellboy and Punisher if those are considered capeshit. I also have some Batman books.

>>90501385
>>90501414
Huh. Might avoid then.
>>
>>90501247
You want my honest opinion, dude? Don't bother with Superhero comics. They always the same old same old storylines that get told in different way expect for a few books.

Rebirth isn't bad and actually fun, but I'm already getting bored with it.
>>
>>90501247
Read Deathstroke and New Super-Man. Investigate the rest at your leisure.
>>
>>90501247
Leagues above the bullshit that Marvel is currently publishing (with the exception of maybe Secret Empire, that shit looks promising).
>>
File: 1457020381542.jpg (59KB, 612x459px) Image search: [Google]
1457020381542.jpg
59KB, 612x459px
>>90501247

Rebirth is great but I would honestly say start with the New 52. It's not as good but there's plenty of great comics and then it goes right into Rebirth.

But yes Rebirth is great. They have adopted this mentality of acquiring great writers and artists and focusing on their best properties (that's why Batman is in half the comics). They have editors that do their job and there's a meme about being REBIRTH'd where people that go from Marvel to DC are given a new lease on life, whether it's being a better writer or suddenly becoming fit.
>>
>>90501247
Best books are Green Lanterns, New Super-Man, Deathstroke, and Superman.
>>
>>90501468

Punisher and Batman are, to use your words, 'cape shit' - Hellboy is just a variant of the superhero genre crossed over with horror and supernatural elements, likewise TMNT which is simply superheroes via non-human but Earth related elements. To get away from this, you would be citing things like Paper Girls or Black Science from Image or Archie and Jughead, Harrow County from Dark Horse, or some of the Dynamite and IDW stuff that isn't similar to TMNT. Even the modern James Bond is somewhat similar to superhero stuff.

For a topic like this, if you seriously want recommendations, you should state what you have liked in the past, mention some recent things you have enjoyed and also state what you are looking for. Otherwise, you are going to get a bunch of random comments that don't really tell you anything useful.

Personally, I think many of the Rebirth books are good and continue to read the ones I started with. There were things to like in the New 52 - again it depends on what you liked - Dial H for Hero, for example, frequently gets brought up in 'books I liked in the New 52' thread.

Marvel's current run of books and there more recent run of books have been denigrated by people for the most part, for any number of reasons. I don't read them, but when you read threads on here, Vision is highly rated (albeit cancelled now) and that's also true for a few others.
>>
I won't call any rebirth book memorable or even as good as a standard Image book. Most of it is just hype. Marvel is just as forgettable. If you want to try current big two capeshit, try DC's Young Animal imprint or just go for the more acclaimed stuff from their past seventy years.
>>
>>90501247
Scott Lobdell has managed to write a good book. That alone should tell you something.
>>
File: This Is Fine.jpg (166KB, 927x859px) Image search: [Google]
This Is Fine.jpg
166KB, 927x859px
>us another Company Wars thread
Are the Switch threads on /v/ not good enough for you or something OP?
>>
File: Badger 16.jpg (948KB, 1275x2010px) Image search: [Google]
Badger 16.jpg
948KB, 1275x2010px
>>90501247
Stick to indie capeshit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.