[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I still going to be able to enjoy this movie for being as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: belle-beauty-and-the-beast-1.jpg (117KB, 1173x880px) Image search: [Google]
belle-beauty-and-the-beast-1.jpg
117KB, 1173x880px
Am I still going to be able to enjoy this movie for being as great as it is, or is the remake just going to fuck everything up for me?
>>
>>90486497

How about you just don't watch the remake if you're going to be such a little bitch about it?
>>
It's a pretty bad plot to begin with and only really praised for the visuals. Maybe seeing the remake will just make that more obvious to you but you should have noticed it yourself by now regardless. Little Mermaid is similarly bad.
>>
>>90486497
It'll make you appreciate the original more
>>
>>90486595
This.
>>
Did Last Airbender ruin Avatar for the people who liked it? Get over it.
>>
>>90486497
the only way the remake is going to ruin the original is by being so much better than it

so you should probably make your peace now
>>
friendly reminder that mikey bae's flicks have cause the OG to vastly appreciate in value.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lo7JPLJUUU
>>
>>90486497
Expect the live action one to be feminist and now niggers included

Lol that priest
>>
>>90486882
Anon, the original movie was already feminist.
>>
>>90486882
Can't we have one thread on this stupid site without bringing up politics?
>>
>>90488102
it wasnt nearly as hamfisted as movies these days though.

it was more

"country girl who wishes she could be something more and ends up becoming a princess"

it a fairly straight princess fantasy, while feminism today is all "STRONK INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO DONT NEED NO MAN. ALSO LOOK, GAYS/LESBIANS/AND/OR/BLACK PEOPLE. JUST TOSSING THEM OUT THERE SO EVERYONE CAN SEE HOW PROGRESSIVE THIS IS"
>>
>>90488607
It was literally about how she didn't need a man and villain is literally just a guy who was hitting on her. You're just pretending it was somehow different out of nostalgia.
>>
>>90488696
does she hook up with a prince at the end?
yes?

alright then.

Gaston was made out to be a dick from the start. Not just a guy hitting on her. He's the town chad, who by virtue of being the town chad, is arrogant and has entitlement issues, and Belle is a bookworm with aspirations of grandeur. "there must be more than this provincial life!"

Who then gets kidnapped by a cursed prince but eventually falls in love with him and who he is "inside", breaking his curse and living happily ever after. until the french revolution

you can call it feminist, but it's still not as hamfisted as modern feminism in media. it's more reasonable. Belle isn't a turbolesbian turnign down advances from a suitor, she's portrayed as a "nice girl" turning down advances from an arrogant dick. Viewed through our modern lens, unless you are some sort of fedoralord, you will undoubtedly side with Belle over Gaston, because we are not, in fact, in the 18th century.
>>
File: 1421455926090.png (11KB, 180x282px) Image search: [Google]
1421455926090.png
11KB, 180x282px
>>90486519
This. You don't even have to acknowledge its existence if you're that worried. I probably won't, not sure why you get all these whiny faggots crying about how their childhood is ruined when in fact its still in tact and the old movie exists for you to watch any time.
>>
>>90486589
The visuals are bland, yhough. I love the movie and even I know its animation doesn't hold a candle to that of the movies produced when Walt was alive.
>>
>>90489063
Ending up with a prince at the end doesn't mean much considering he was only princely because of her. You would definitely call it SJW if in a story today a female character who behaves as if she's totally above everyone else in town turned down a popular guy pursing her and then the other guy was only deemed acceptable because she is so good that he changed.

It's fine to like if it you do, but it's really a stretch to say that it avoids those kinds of cringey pitfalls.
>>
>>90489414
I don't know man, Be Our Guest is 10/10
>>
>>90486497

Did the midquel ruin it for you? If no, then you are fine.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.