[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DC gives you a call >"We want you to write some Hawkman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14

File: 78449-117227-hawkman_super.jpg (58KB, 227x350px) Image search: [Google]
78449-117227-hawkman_super.jpg
58KB, 227x350px
>DC gives you a call
>"We want you to write some Hawkman stories."

What's your pitch?
>>
>>90484399
Hawkman flies high up in the sky. With his super vision he sees a small rabbit alone in a field. With blinding speed Hawkman swoops down and catches his prey in his razor sharp talons.

I don't know much about Hawkman.
>>
>>90484399
Cosmic Noir story.
>>
"How did you get this number, and who the fuck is Hawkman?"
>>
Hear me out: New origin.

He's been an alien, a reincarnated warrior prince, and a warrior prince reincarnated as an alien.

But has he ever been a warrior prince reincarnated as an alien... Who's also a time-travelling robot?

It'll sell like hotcakes! Hotcakes in July!
>>
>>90484399
yu-gi-oh but the pharaoh is hawkman
>>
He's a bumbling attorney.
>>
We're bringing back Hawkworld
>>
>>90484641
that's just Pelinel
>>
Hawkman teams up with different DC dudes on adventures in every arc, one or both of them gets their costume ripped half off at the very least, just some sweaty dudes being pals nothing gay, very tasteful
>>
Flying Judge Dredd?
>"Citizens, you are all found guilty of first degree murder, distribution of narcotics, and human trafficking by Thanagarian/Earth law. The sentence, is death. How do you plea?"
>"Fuck you chicken wing!"
>"Noted"
>Mace noises and gunfire
>>
We move him to ancient Egypt where his powers won't be so shit.
>>
>>90484399
He comes from He-Man and Thundercats universes. Full toony appeal.
>>
File: Hawkworld - Wings 02.png (232KB, 314x725px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkworld - Wings 02.png
232KB, 314x725px
>>90484790
This. This SO fucking much. I'd focus on the bit right at the start of V2 though, with the Hawks working with police officers studying their methods, while also dealing with the culture clash of coming from a fascist society. That was my favorite part of V2 and I'd love to see it explored further.
>>
>>90485122
Hawkman would probably do well in Eternia.
>>
>>90484399

He walks for 10 issues thinking about his problems with mankind.
>>
It's the tales of Prince Khufu and his lover Chay-Ara who, using the strange metals recovered from a crashed spaceship, protect their home of ancient Egypt from threats. Together the two repel the advances of the malicious metamorph Ahk-Ton, defeat an attempted usurper to the throne clad in the azure armor of a scarab, and break up a battle between the wizards Nabu and Mordru before their war destroys all of Egypt.
>>
>>90485053
I like it
>>
Highlander+The Mummy. Carter Hall learns one day he's the latest reincarnation of a warrior who has fought, loved, and died throughout the ages. He struggles with losing his own personal identity as he learns more and more about his identity. Dr. Fate is a supporting character helping him comes to grips with his identity crisis.

As he treasure hunts around the world opening crypts and finding out the secret history of Prince Khufu he fights the ghosts of enemies his past incarnations slain, including Gentleman Ghost and a revamped Shadow Thief.

So basically the early issues are about him tomb raiding while fighting off ghosts with the Nth metal artifacts he finds in the tombs. Indiana Jones with a little Ghostbusters.

Eventually he comes to accept himself as something new, something neither Khufu or Carter. He comes to accept himself as Hawkman.

The final arc is about him finding Sheira and struggling with whether or not to interrupt her life by telling her of her own identity. He knows he's destined to fall in love with her and that they're going to die together tragically and he struggles as much he can against that fate.

He does his best to avoid Sheira. But the more he pushes her away the more fate pushes the two together. The end of the series ends like it always does, with Hawkman and Hawkgirl dying in each others' arms.

Did I do good /co/?
>>
>>90485525
Make Sheira a FtM transgender individual.
>>
>>90484399
Maybe you could take his convoluted origin and making him have to come to terms with the fact that he is not human nor alien enough for him to fit on this earth or anywhere else and make him wander through the cosmos trying to find his place...

So yeah Silver Surfer with a fucking mace I guess.
>>
>>90485617
>Write a love story about a reincarnated prince and princess

>It gets interpreted as a trannie parable

Just fucking kill me.
>>
>>90485718
No see. You make her into a FtM then when she falls in love with Hawkman she realizes that she can't fight biological fate and must become a woman again.
>>
>>90484399
how about we make him a woman instead.
>>
>>90485810
>how about we make him a woman instead.
Lesbians?
>>
>>90485617
Hawkman isn't a Marvel character Anon.
>>
>>90484610
>>90484790
>>90485175
>>90485525

I like it.
>>
The guy who's both a Hawkman and a Green Lantern.

An ongoing about him.
>>
>>90486151
MtF Hawkman who is also a green lantern.
>>
>>90484399
has there ever been a Hawkman/Vandal Savage story?
could be cool
a Return of Bruce Wayne-style miniseries with different artists in different eras
>>
>>90484399
Hawkman is on earth and he hits things with his big hammer (?) for the first issue. Then he'll see Hawkgirl and they'll have relationship issue because I think I could handle that somewhat better for a few issues. Batman would show up and he'll do something pretty cool. Hawkman would hit something with his weapon every once in a while. Like gross caricatures of peoples with different opinions than I.

After my six issues series is cancelled, I'll ask if I can write for Batman because I've got a real good Joker story to tell and I'm sure I could make it the next Killing Joke I swear it's gonna be good please DC let me write Batman please please please.
>>
File: Hawkwoman 04.jpg (778KB, 1024x1614px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkwoman 04.jpg
778KB, 1024x1614px
Also, while not strictly a Hawkman story, I'd love to write a Shayera Thal: Hawkwoman story that starts with her as a space bounty hunter, seemingly no longer a wingman, and it's revealed that she was forcibly discharged by the newer, gentler, more open Thanagarian government who consider her a dangerous leftover of a violent past. And later it's revealed the bounty hunter thing is just her cover and she's actually working as Thanagar's black ops assassin, killing enemies of the empire in the most deniable of ways as part of a deal to let her keep her wings.
So it's half sci-fi bounty hunting fun and games and half character-driven story about a patriot getting her hands dirty for a homeworld that can't even look her in the eye.
>>
>>90486274
Ancient Egypt: Teams up with Dr. Fate to fight Black Adam

Medieval Rome: Shadow Thief

Napoleonic Europe: Vandal Savage

Wild West: Gentleman Ghost
>>
File: hawkman.jpg (32KB, 236x542px) Image search: [Google]
hawkman.jpg
32KB, 236x542px
Normal adventures of beating up supervillains that slowly builds into an existential meta crisis. The extra dimensional reality benders that create the DC universes are trying to destroy Hawkman, and after a surprising amount of trouble, they succeed. But next issue, there's a new Hawkman, with a different origin. It turns out that, unlike every other being in the DC multiverse, they didn't create him, he just came into being from random circumstance. They thought he was a novelty at first, but then they reset the universe, and he showed up again, against their will. They attempt to erase him from the universe several more times, but every time they do, through the unlikeliest of random happenstance, subtle changes to the timeline produce a new winged warrior, with a completely different origin. No matter how they create a universe it will always somehow produce a Hawkman.
Eventually they give up and attempt to merely Isolate the Hawkmen, placing them all together, removing them from all universe but one. However each of their universes quickly replaces them once they're gone, but leaving the original still in the other universe with the rest. When they try to return them, the universe all of them are in just replaces that one too. The creators begin to panic as the realize that having so many of the same weird eternally existing being in one universe is breaking apart that universe and its destruction would threaten several nearby universes. They discover that the only one with any control of Hawkman's existence is Hawkman himself, so they must convince the Hawkmen to reduce their numbers to one. And, as warriors, they do, having a huge battle royal of all the hawkmen in history, lowering them down to the final two. But after hours, those two are still at it, and they're too evenly matched to have a victor. The last issue is just the two of them sitting down and talking over who needs to exist, and who needs to not.
>>
File: Against the Menacing Monarch.jpg (800KB, 1280x1870px) Image search: [Google]
Against the Menacing Monarch.jpg
800KB, 1280x1870px
Standard adventure book. Katar and Shayera on Earth and in space fighting stuff.

The Honey Moon, a moon sized hive of killer spaces bees is causing trouble. Katar and Shayera must battle their horde of space bee warriors, fight in the space bee arena, and force them accept peace. Shayera will have to challenge the Space Bee Queen to single combat when she attempts to claim Katar as her consort.

Rocket Love, High flying daring do as Roxy Rocket plagues midway city. Hawkwoman better watch out because Roxy is out to steal her man as well as the city's valuables.

Dead Man's Gun, Gentleman Ghost seeks out the Hawks' help. They must unravel a murder mystery over 100 years old or else the mad spirit of an old west lawman will destroy Craddock's spirit and hang anyone else that gets in the way.

Law of the Jungle, A bizarre hostile jungle has appeared over night, and it is steadily growing, transforming everything in its path to savage alien forms. Lion-Mane is back, and the energies that empower him have somehow raged out of control. Protected by their Nth metal, Hawkman and Hawkgirl must brave the brutal wilderness and discover how to reverse it, if they even can.

Atomic Cocktails, Ray Palmer calls upon his old friends to help him recover stolen technology in this spy thriller send-up.

Eyes like a Hawk, People are acting oddly, a strange death occurs, and the only clue is that the victim's eyes were those of a hawk instead of a man. The Man-Hawks have somehow begun replacing people, how? why? These questions and more
>>
>>90486761
>Shayera will have to challenge the Space Bee Queen to single combat

...Does the fight take place in a honeycomb ring filled with honey? Do they fight in bikinis?
>>
Its Prophet

but with Hawkman
>>
File: Barbarella.jpg (560KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Barbarella.jpg
560KB, 1920x1080px
>>90486823
seems likely
>>
>>90484399
We wuz kangs n shiet
>>
File: 07n_crowecollage.jpg (26KB, 430x220px) Image search: [Google]
07n_crowecollage.jpg
26KB, 430x220px
>>90484399
DC Earth version of the Russel Crowe show.

Angry old Carter makin' comics, singing songs, and fightin' Round the World.

He basically travels around the globe picking fights with nearly everyone he comes across. Lots of one time and long forgotten villains from cancelled series appear in this since he looks for them in their homes and in other countries just to scrap with them for a while.

He then goes to the exotic locations of the setting like Nanda Parbat, Gorilla City, Bludhaven, Paradise Island, Rock of Eternity, or Kandaq to go pick a fight.

He narrates to the reader like the Crocodile Hunter and gives a few facts about the villain/hero/animal/alien/random bystander he is about to jump on.
>>
>>90485122
>>90485191
Wouldn't he be named Hawkor, and have some kind of robot bird gun that shoots robot birds
>>
Hawkman goes to Skartaris following a thanagarian distress signal. Old school pulp adventures ensue where he meets a lost tribe of hawk people and get a pet snare beast because funny.
>>
>>90484399

I'd do something kind of like Jason Aaron's first arc on Thor: God of Thunder.

Several different stories across time dealing with the same foe/mystery. I'd probably go with a Hawkman set during the change from Paganism to Christianity during the Roman Empire. Another part dealing with the age of discovery, perhaps just after the fall of the Aztecs. And another dealing with modern times. Each story would examine Kater's relationship with the world changing around him in different ways and his inability to change with the world.

I'd also reference the ancestry of things in DC comics too. Perhaps there's a Scottish mercenary named Wayne in the Age of Discovery story. During the Roman Empire story I might have a Green Lantern cameo.

Lots of Hawkman hitting people with a mace and flying around though.
>>
Bueno Excellente gets Hawkman's powers.
>>
>>90484399
SAGA, but with Hawkman and less pretentiousness.
>>
>>90484399
Hawkman is a perfect opportunity for creating a legacy hero. The ones right now die in combat with a mage, say Faust, and because of his last spell they're reincarnated in comatose bodies instead of being reborn (that avoids having to make the stories 18 years in the future).
Can explore the morality of using somebody elses body, the difficulty in training emaciated bodies up to hero standards.

>>90484647
You want Yugi and Yama? Just make their possesion actually wake up the original owner of the body and now Hawkman has to share the body with the owner.
Can explore the fact the original owners soul is slowly merging with the Khufu oversoul and give him some angst, do a new readers thing where the new guy has to learn stuff and the old soul explains, or show them having different reactions to stuff.
Eventually their original bodies are restored, their souls fly back, but the new guys stay awake and decide to also become heroes, since they got the training, seen the sights, etc. Might even make some stories about their relationship, if it's real or just an echo of the Hawks souls.

>>90485617
>>90485810
>>90486162
Ya want to marvel it up? They enter the wrong bodies, Carter is in a girl body, Sheira is in a guy body.
Double the gender dysphoria, you can make a big deal of how their love eventually overcomes gender, have a whole thing about the macho man having to do girl things, while the more tomboy woman has less trouble adapting.
May or may not be made with the original bodies spirits being awake like suggestion two.
>>
Hawkman comes from a higher dimension and exists on our plane of reality as several different heroes throughout history.
the "modern" one is Gene Hawkman famous actor who gets a job playing Lex Luthor in the Superman movie.

To get into the role he spends a week studying Lex being an evil super science criminal

with wacky results
>>
>>90484399
I'd make him say 'nigga' a lot.
>>
>>90486643
I like you.
>>
>>90484399
Hawkman beats people in the heads with his morning star, written and drawn by the Batman Odyssee-team.
>>
>>90495911
Alternatively, a non-shitty version of that recent Kamen Rider Hawkman we got, with non-cape artists who can draw humanoids that aren't roided up castratos... That muscle lizard lady stays though.
>>
It's a shame that we live in Geoff Johns DC rather than have writers experiment with stuff. So we'll just have Carter and his wife living in an apartment and superheroing.
>>
12 issue mini each with a different Katar and Shayera across a wide variety of timelines and settings
>>
>>90484399
I write a story where he kills Batman, so I can get a lot of money from comic sales.

Also I'll put Apache Chief in it.
>>
>>90484399
Crisis on Infinite Origins. All Hawkman's past incarnations and a few new ones battle it out to find out who is the one true Hawkman.

The eventual winner is all of them
>>
Hawkman and Aztek go back in time to stop crazy native american villains from putting a blood curse on the lineage of some random hero, let's say Plastic Man.
>>
>>90493626
You got me hooked
>>
>>90496523
How is living in an apartment and superheroing experimental at all?
>>
>>90498514
Not that anon but he's saying the opposite
>>
>>90484399
he survives the end of the world by getting trapped in a series of bizzare multiverses he must travel if he ever hopes to find out what the hell happenned
>>
>>90486151
I do want more of that guy, honestly
>>
Gets cucked by Black Green Lantern
>>
>>90484399
Thanagar origin. Married to Hawkwoman. Fighting crime.
>>
>>90484399
>"What the fuck is a Hawkman?"
>if they still wanna give me a job request all the Hawkman comics they have
>read all the free Hawkman comics for research
>?????
>Profit!
>>
>>90484399
"No."
>>
>>90490714
>reincarnated in comatose bodies instead of being reborn

Already been done with Kendra Saunders.
>>
I've never read any of his comics and I can't write worth a shit and I really don't care about capes or modern comics so naturally I'm the perfect candidate to write some books these days.
>>
>>90498282
"IT'S HAWKMAN, NIGGA!!"
*busts through roof into crack den*
>>
>>90484399
I'd make him a heroin-addicted jazz critic who can't fly.
No one reads the words, they just like when he punches people.
>>
What is Hawkman's story? Is he an alien cop or a reincarnated Egyptian Prince, or a human who for some reason works for an alien government? Or just all 3 at once?
>>
Space cop, very brutal
>>
Gay fic between him and Atom
>>
File: North Korean defector.webm (2MB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
North Korean defector.webm
2MB, 410x230px
He has to help people escape North Korea.
>>
File: of life.png (216KB, 628x418px) Image search: [Google]
of life.png
216KB, 628x418px
>>90484399
I'm going to give him a new origin!
>>
>>90484399
I'm gonna roll up at the DC office in Burbank with a can of gas and just burn the goddamn place to the ground

that's the pitch
>>
>>90484399
"What if hawkman were a gay black woman"
>>
>>90484399
Go Vertigo and play up the crazy angle, he just starts remembering his entire history and every single origin at the same time and starts to lose his mind while the archeologist in him tries to figure it out and uncover it all. To top it off he starts getting visited nightly by the Bird Monster from Kingdom Come who starts giving him fucked up Birdman-style advice and basically trying to get him to go full Conan.
>>
I've thought about this a lot.

I think I'd make him despondent and nihilistic, traveling across the cosmos just clubbing aliens to death in a desperate attempt to feel anything.

Kind of a cosmic Punisher thing.
>>
Two words: Thanagarian Snarebeast
>>
>>90506827
You...monster
>>
>>90484399
I got it, okay picture Hawkman, but instead of Hawkman...Batman

I call the story Metal.
>>
>>90506754

QT.

Is talking to birds an existing power of Hawkman? I'd like to do a story about talking to birds.
>>
>>90507988
Jon pls
>>
File: voidindigo.jpg (75KB, 400x613px) Image search: [Google]
voidindigo.jpg
75KB, 400x613px
Id get Steve Gerber to write it for vertigo

also I'd bring Steve Gerber back to life
>>
>>90501022

Get back into your coffin, McDuffie.
>>
>>90484399
Hawkman is reborn yet again in Egypt but this time is concious since birth about it and has all his previous memories.
Because of his advanced intellect as a toddler he's considered a super genius and because he's in Egypt he gets praised as a prophet by part of the Islamic States, causing even more wars.
He digs up his nth metal stuff, goes power crazy and decides to summon some cosmic entity but in order to do so, needs to build another pyramid to work as a beacon before 2030. This causes a reboot.
>>
>>90495911
>team
That's all real deal Neal "if you claim the earth don't expand you'll feel the back of me hand" Adams besides the covers
>>
>>90507945
Why?

>>90507912
So it's Moon Knight.
>>
>>90484549
I think you've got the gist.
>>
>>90484790
>>90485175
The best part about (the start of) Hawkworld are the differences between Katar and Shayera.
>>
File: Hawkworld v2 02.jpg (212KB, 838x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkworld v2 02.jpg
212KB, 838x1280px
>>90511676
My absolute favorite is their individual reactions to reading the US constitution at the start of V2. Where Shayera goes ballistic while Katar gets his world rocked.
Fuck, Hawkworld is SO GOOD.
>>
>>90486643
It sounds like something Morrison would write.
>>
>>90511774
Yeah, that's what I come back to as well. That and the conclusion of the mini. You can do a hell of a lot with each character across all sorts of stories and settings with that as your guide.
>>
>>90484399

I'd do a series of arcs, examining each of his origins; torn between multiversal (so each arc is about the Hawkman of that particular universe) or winding them all together as identities of a single, implausibly-Immortal Thanagarian, starting with ancient Egypt, maybe inventing a few new identities to fill in gaps, or co-opting pre-existing bird-themed heroes as secretly him in that time-period. At sometime he'd return to Thanagar for Hawkworld shens, then back to Earth with his soulmate Shayera on an important mission (tracking a stray Zeta Beam...?) as Katar Hol. People remark upon his resemblance tho Earth's Hawkman from the Golden Age, but he brushes it off.

Then he and Shayera fight crime.
>>
File: hm_2.jpg (24KB, 550x152px) Image search: [Google]
hm_2.jpg
24KB, 550x152px
Mustang Sally Spin Off Mini Series
>>
File: GreenArrowHawkman.jpg (393KB, 555x524px) Image search: [Google]
GreenArrowHawkman.jpg
393KB, 555x524px
>>90484399
Hawkman ends up in a barbaric planet that once had a glorious past but is now full of deviants who defile its history.
Decides not to leave immediately and instead goes out to enforce some good ol' laws and systems the hard and right way.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.