[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>55 - Captain America Steve Rogers 11 - 36,610 >66 - Captain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: DOA 2017.jpg (1MB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DOA 2017.jpg
1MB, 2000x1000px
>55 - Captain America Steve Rogers 11 - 36,610
>66 - Captain America Steve Rogers 12 - 32,567
>121 - Captain America Sam Wilson 19 - 18,105
These are the comics that are leading into Marvel's next big event. This is the state of the foundation for Secret Empire, which Marvel is tasked with building hype for over the next two months after their previous event essentially torpedoed the sales of just about every title linewide. The writer, who is extremely confrontational on social media, is also currently defending himself for tie-in covers on his event two months out. How fucked is Secret Empire?
>>
>>90477941
>121 - Captain America Sam Wilson 19 - 18,105
Is this below Gwenpool?
>>
>>90477941
Civil war ashes haven't even cooled and they trot thus out. Marvel is so dumb.

I hope at the end of the event, Magneto just kills Cap with his sheild. Then just walks away.
>>
>>90478129
Gwenpool's at 124 selling 17,080, so Sam's barely above it.
>>
>>90477941
Watching this event tank is gonna make my day.
>>
>>90478191
ironic since spencer had steve lecture carol & maria about the same thing
>>
a challenge for you, /co/: guess how many issues Secret Empire 1 sells
my guess: 137,726
>>
>>90478191
To be fair, CW2 was supposed to be over in like October and all the other writers kept going as if all deadlines had been met.
>>
I wonder if Marvel would finally take notice of event fatigue if a first issue failed to hit the top ten.
>>
>>90477941
Minorities don't draw a dime
>>
>>90478326

~175k

Marvel gonna bust out all the tricks to get that to number 1, especially with it double shipping every month.
>>
I remember when Blackest Night was selling over 200K.
>>
>>90477941
It'll still do gangbusters in sells because marvel is gonna do a million variants and force retails to get a lot of copies.
>>
>>90478326
Defintely more than 100,000
Could potentially be included in a Funko Marvel Collector Corps box.
>>
Secret Empire is likely to be semi-decent as an event though because Spencer can actually plot.
>>
>>90479289
Standoff had a strong start but man did it fizzle out into a "gotta set up this future, bigger event" non-ending.
>>
>>90477941
It will be a top seller still
I guess it will do better than CW2 but still underperformed as an event
>>
>>90479027
>Doing 100 varient covers

Why do retailers put up with this shit?
>>
>>90479783

people pay money for them than regular covered issues.

the retailer pays X amount of money for the book, including the variant. the customer pays N for the variant (where N is a number greater than the cover price). This is mostly profit for the store.
>>
>>90477941
Why was the Top 300 sales thread deleted?

Judging by the numbers of Clone Conspiracy I'd say Secret Empire is looking DOA
>>
yep. the top 300 was deleted, apparently too much trolling?
>>
>>90481104
No idea. Here is the thread:

https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/90472976

I don't see why it was deleted
>>
it's a shame, because i really wanted to read it
>>
>>90478926
>double shipping every month
Try "triple"
>>
File: cap samnee wilson.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
cap samnee wilson.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
i JUST finished marathoning 1-12 of Steve Rogers, I think it's a decent arc. Pretty well written and planned out (minus having to dedicate 3 issues to Civil War II right off the bat).

What has been the reaction here?
>>
>>90477941
Steve Rogers is double shipping?
>>
>>90477941
The main book will sell. The main book of any event always sells. Because that's the main book where the "important" stuff happens (see CW2 and MU). Some of the tie-ins won't sell (especially the expensive issues). Some readers will be pissed off at their Characters dragged into another event. And it will lead to a relaunch with tons of new #1s.
>>
>>90484339
>The main book of any event always sells. Because that's the main book where the "important" stuff happens (see CW2 and MU).
Amazing Spider-Man outsold The Clone Conspiracy, we're in uncharted genuine event fatigue.
>>
>>90481164
>>90481104

I thought the Mod was a DCfag. Honestly though the "trolling" in the top 300 is just banter and if it bothers people then they take their company loyalty way to seriously
>>
Does anyone have that picture of Spencer talking about DC Rebirth and the guy that answers to him?
Thanks in advance
>>
>>90482655
Nobody here reads comics
They just discuss comics sales and twitter
>>
>>90484560
That's because Slott is a goddamn retard. If Slott had made ASM the main important event book, it would have sold more. Or he could have asked for the main book to be put on hold like Superior.
But no, he literally thought his name was bigger than Spider-Man's. he thought people would buy CC more than ASM because he said so. Even begging comic book stores to buy his book on twitter.
God, Slott is such a fucking retard. I can't believe he'll still be on ASM for more years.
>>
>>90484560
I think he meant line-wide events, not small character-focused events like the "spider" event or the "x-men" event
>>
>>90484808
Nobody here reads BAD comics (Marvel shit).
>>
>>90484775

>>90475094
>>
>>90485085
>>90484775
Wait shit, wrong meltdown

>>90475877
>>
>>90477941
>Sam Wilson sells less than Steve Rogers
Makes sense, Steve is more popular
>>90478198
>Sam Wilson barely sells more than Gwenpool
That's kinda sad. Not surprising give Spencer's low quality writing on Sam's book. But goddamn, I can't help feel sorry for Sam. This is was suppose to be his moment and more people would rather read a evil """""Nazi""""" Steve Rogers book.
>>
>>90482655
I like the part of the story set in the present with all the keikaku, but can't bring myself to care about the young Steve part. So that makes half of the comics boring for me
>>
How Captain Hydra, by the way? Is he actually evil or just a fakeout?
>>
>>90488515
Bit of both. Red Skull used Kobik, the child Cosmic-Cube from Standoff, to rewrite history so that Steve was always a Hydra agent. Steve's joined Hydra, but he's still Steve Rogers, and while he's working for Red Skull for now he's determined to take over Hydra and use it to make the world a better place.
>>
>>90479289
Every time some says the next Marvel event is gonna be decent they're fucking wrong.
>>
File: cap-has-seen-some-shit.jpg (23KB, 163x358px) Image search: [Google]
cap-has-seen-some-shit.jpg
23KB, 163x358px
>>90482655

People were mad about Hydra Cap at first, then we turned the first issue reveal into a meme and kind of went with it. Then it just kind of slowly went along. That's when the homo Cap shipping and fanart kicked it up a notch.

When Superior was coming out that had huge ass threads dedicated to every issue and any piece of info for what was coming next. I personally hated it but I will admit it was at least unpredictable.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.