[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

DuckTales 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 398
Thread images: 38

Why must all good things be ruined?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa95Nw0NdkM
>>
>>90436838

Ruined how? This looks great?
>>
>>90436838
How Rose Colored are your Nostalgia Goggles OP?
>>
I think it looks pretty good.
>>
>Why must all good things be ruined?
Cause you fuckers never moved on and clamored for the "good ol days of cartoons"
It doesn't even look that bad, it won't be PPG 2016 bad.
>>
>>90436838
Refusing to spend more then $10,000 a episode.
>>90437180
>>90437221
No.
>>90437247
Yes it does, this makes The Nut Shack look like Avatar:TLA.

It's NuPPG all over again.
>>
>>90436838

I'm an oldfag who watched the original series when it came out and this looks amazing. That voice cast is bonkers.
>>
>>90437352
When did you make the decision to never allow yourself to experience happiness? Do you find it challenging trying to find some means of disliking everything?
>>
>>90437536
The old show pushed TV animation to it's limits, if the same team did the new show we would of avoided Chain Chronicles all together and put Space Dandy to shame.
>>
>>90437180
>Shitty voices that don't even try to soumd right
>Hipster art style so they can claim they're being "true to the source material"

Why should I care about this if the original exists? It's a pointless remake.
>>
>>90436838

Looks fine to me. I'm not sure I see what the problem is.
>>
>>90437685

"Don't even try to sound right"? What are you fucking on? The The Scottish character is played by a Scot and the rest...?
>>
>>90437685
>don't even try to soumd right

So basically "Waaaaaaaaaaaaah" they changed it.
>>
>>90437685

This is a good thing in it's own way. It sounds jarring of course, but it's at least trying to differentiate itself. Not that that automatically makes it good, but I'm willing to give it a chance.
>>
>>90437685
Not even trying to hide your autism, huh? Going with the "owning your awfulness" angle? Not the angle I would take, but hey, it's your life.
>>
>>90437796

It's literally been 30 years. Who cares if the voice actors don't sound the same. Who cares if it'd only been 10 years?
>>
>>90437685
It's not pointless, you're just not in the targeted audience.
>>
>>90437685
The reboot is nothing but a soulless cash in.

At least TMS tried, and succeeded with flying colors.
>>
>>90437770
>>90437791
These characters have sounded this way before and after ducktales. Why fucking change it now? Remakes are pointless wastes of time that don't deserve praise.
>>
File: Jesus Christ.jpg (181KB, 884x1092px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Jesus Christ.jpg
181KB, 884x1092px
>>90437842
>It's literally been 30 years.
>>
>>90437685
>Triplets with no defining features, interests, or voices that differentiate them from each other.
>Female character whose purpose was to be "the girl".
>Both have Toon-Town environment and prop design, but the older was more soft and curvy compared to the modern sharp angles approach.
>I like the original so much I'd rather watch it over and over again than possibly see new stories involving the characters and property I enjoy.
>>
>>90437893
And the "targeted" audience cant just watch the original because...?
>>
>>90437923

Right? -_-
>>
>>90437953
>I like the original so much I'd rather watch it over and over again than possibly see new stories involving the characters and property I enjoy.
Except it's not new stories because this is a remake. The old show never happened.
>>
>>90437736
It makes The Nut Shack look like Avatar:TLA, nuff said.
>>90437791
No, it's a repeat of Quack Pack.
>>90437796
This is not a good thing.
>>90437893
No, far from it.
>>
>>90438059
You really, really need to find better battles to pick in life.
>>
>>90438107
No, get a life.
>>
File: shirabe sad.jpg (31KB, 731x706px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shirabe sad.jpg
31KB, 731x706px
>>90437916
>These characters have sounded this way before and after ducktales. Why fucking change it now?

because time.
>>
>>90438236
No, being idiots, thats what.
>>
>>90438046
So you believe they're just going to remake all the old episodes? Otherwise it's still new stories involving characters you enjoy. For better or for worse comic books do it all the time.

>>90437955
>Growing up as a kid, Batman TAS shouldn't have been made because the 60s live-action series should have been good enough for me.
>>
>>90438301
Debunked.
>>
>>90438295
You are upset over talking ducks.
>>
>>90438295

Yeah how dare they not just use the same people who have long since been retired or dead. They're just dumb. You're an ass.
>>
>>90437916
>Why fucking change it now?
One of them is fucking dead

Can you cure death, anon?
>>
>>90438301
I don't enjoy these new characters. A remake is just someone saying "I can do this better than they did. Fuck the original"
>>
>>90438377
No shit. I meant how they sound. They didnt even try with this cheap ripoff.
>>
>>90438354
No, I'm upset about the studio behind the original show is going to die off wasting their talents on Lupin III and mediocre video game adaptions no one asked for.
>>
>>90438371
Most of them were on Blue Jacket Lupin III a few years back.

Also Chain Chronicles.
>>
>>90436838
I like the style, but I don't like the voices and the humor feels like it's going to get old really fast.
>>
>>90438295
>>90438196
anon, you're going to die one day and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Certainly not clinging to an old cartoon and railing against any attempts to change it, just because you hate that even that precious facet of your childhood can be altered by time, and made indisputably inferior in your eyes because you see yourself as never getting better.

Alan Young is gone. You'll follow him yourself one day. Why not live more like a McDuck until then? Remember your early days, but build on them, live life to the fullest, and become a legend that others talk about.

And maybe someday, some autistic faggot will whine and cry about the reboot of the story of your life too.
>>
File: glomgold.png (808KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
glomgold.png
808KB, 1366x768px
>>90438542
>>
File: 1432523366832.png (60KB, 265x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1432523366832.png
60KB, 265x250px
>>90436838
Am I the only one that feels as though the animation is a bit off? Everything, including the action scenes, seem to be so stiff and slow moving.
>>
>>90438436
So did you just want them to literally just make more episodes of the original duck tales cartoons?

Because that's what it sounds like.
>>
File: Quack.gif (29KB, 350x293px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Quack.gif
29KB, 350x293px
>>90438395
There are two alternatives. One is a sequel. They tried that already, it didn't go over well.

The other is to abandon the property entirely and let it rot and be forgotten to time like Crusader Rabbit or something.

You seriously want a studio to spend extra time and money to make the show in a more expensive and time-consuming manner? Cartoons, like movies, don't bring in the revenue they used to anymore. There's too much competition. Entertainment is a business and cartoons are a product. You have to balance quality, cost, and production time. Going through extra complications and cost to do things a certain way to appeal to a tiny segment that isn't your target consumer is not proper marketing.

You think the quality isn't there? You're going on one minute and thirty seconds taken from the series pilot; which can differ drastically from the following episodes.

It's okay to have your doubts. You should be skeptical about all new media, too often studios appeal to nostalgia to sell a shoddily-made product and use our fondness for the property to develop artificial hype. But complaining that something made 30 years after the original is too different is pretty silly.

Also the original triplets sounded fucking awful. Honestly I don't care for their new voices all that much but at least I can tell them apart.
>>
>>90438750
Better than erasing it from existence.
>>
>>90436838
I'm not happy with the trailer buy I will give it a chance. It doesn't look Quack Pack bad.
>>
>>90438922
Son, now you're just making yourself sound ridiculous. No one's going out and snapping Duck Tales DVDs in half.
>>
>>90439285
Disney will. Can't have two shows with the same name out there confusing parents.
>>
>>90438395
Well if that's the logic we're using, then the original show said "Fuck you, Barks. Fuck you, Rosa. I can do it better."
>>
>>90437659
They're not gonna risk it after the DuckTales movie underperformed.
>>
Is it literally just one guy trying to force this? Is it the same guy who says the Samurai Jack reboot is bad too?

This feels like genuine 1 man army 4cham autism
>>
>nephews voices used to be the squacky duck voice because they were related to Donald
>new voices make them sound like they're 20 and just random guys
>Donald still has his signature voice
The performances aren't bad its just they do not match the character whatsoever.
>>
I'm kind of interested in how Donald being in the mix will affect the dynamic of the show.
He seems to already have a reputation as an adventurer, if Webby's fangirling is anything to go by.
>>
>>90436838
Yay!

I want this in my life now. The new style kinda harkens back to the comic books.
>>
>>90439789
Hipster faggot
>>
>>90439677
Other than the Nephews, did any other members of Donald Duck's family speak the same way he did? I always thought he was unique. Certainly no other ducks in Duckburg spoke that way.
>>
As a DuckTales fan why should I care about this? Honestly. I have the comics and the original show. Not everything needs a ducking remake.
>>
>>90437352
>No.
Wow, you sure changed my mind.
>>
File: Darkwing-Duck.jpg (207KB, 970x545px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Darkwing-Duck.jpg
207KB, 970x545px
>>90436838
I just want to see Darkwing god damn it.
>>
>>90440102
>ducking
Was that intentional?
>>
>>90440161
If this does well, maybe you will.
>>
It's funny how the old show, while good for it's time, had a hundred and one problems (from pointless characters like Webby to not characters like the blank slate Nephews, plenty of boring episodes, constant decline in quality of it's expensive animation and ongoing flanderization of Scrooge), but suddenly autists call it a timeless could-do-no-wrong masterpiece because the new show is different (somehow this is synonymous with awful), even though we haven't seen a single new episode yet.

It's like people base all their knowledge of the old show on the intro without actually rewatching the series.
>>
>>90439978
If there were, we never heard them. Then again a lot of Donald's relatives never appeared outside the comics so it's hard to say whether they spoke in a quacky voice like him or spoke clearly. Hell, it's not like you could even tell Donald had a weird voice in the comics.
>>
>>90437685

Why should they sound exactly the same as the original? That would be stupid and unoriginal if they were just imitating what was done before

>Hipster art style so they can claim they're being "true to the source material"
Stop using that word, retard. It's not hipster, it's imitating the Barks artstyle.
>>
>>90440356
>Donald's animatedfamily with no lisp
Scrooge. Gladstone. The nephews (they sounded quackish in Ducktales, but they weren't even close to Donald's speech pattern).

>other ducks in animation with no lisp
Daisy. Webby. Magica. Fenton. Glomgold. Darkwing.

Donald is a special case and allowing him to be a special case is fine with me.
>>
>>90439887
>liking the comic style makes you a hipster

You are a fucking retarded child and need to fucking suicide yourself.
>>
>>90437916
>These characters have sounded this way before and after ducktales.

The nephews were straight up just Donald's voice in the original shorts; DuckTales was the first time they had a different voice. Then it switched between Donald voice, DuckTales voice & Quack Pack voices after that. They don't have consistent voices.
>>
Wish I could TURN BACK TIIIIME
To the GOOD OLD DAAAAAYS
>>
>>90438922
They ain't erasing shit, you fucking mouth breathing retard.
>>
>>90438922
>>90439411
Double doubles, double idiocy.
>>
>>90439411
>Disney will.

Prove it, you autistic sack of shit.
>>
>>90437352
>Yes it does, this makes The Nut Shack look like Avatar:TLA.
Okay, you seriously need to remove the shit out of your eyes.
>>
>>90436838
it looks very good and promising though, you're full of shit OP
>>
>The asshurt by OP in this thread
>>
People only think older things are great because only the good parts of those things are normally shared and shown. Nostalgia is fueld by the fact that the bad parts of things are easily forgotten. No one wants to remember the bad parts of shit like Hey Arnold or Darkwing Duck, so it's always thought of 100℅ fondly.

I watched Duck Tales as a kid when it was played on the Disney Adventure block. It wasn't great, it was average. This new show looks average too, but has more actual background for kids to follow.
>>
Really, really excited. In the other thread there have been a lot of discussion about show's staffs plans on incorporating the comics as much as possible. Pretty much everything else but Mickey is possible for them to add.
>>
The original DuckTales cost between $700,000 and $1,000,000 an episode.

It was a different time.
>>
>>90436838
The animation is really, really lacking.

Like distractingly bad.
>>
>>90442538

It was a better time.

You just know there are some kool-aid sippers on this board that believe cheaper animation is better
>>
quiptastic
>>
>>90442362
>It wasn't great, it was average.

This is incorrect. From a technical level, DuckTales was far beyond anything else on television in the late '80s. The only shows that even compared were (imagine that) Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers and Gummi Bears.

Unless you watched the show in the early '90s, after Warners shows like Batman and Tiny Toons came out and outdid Disney. But even then, DuckTales was never "average". Not even close.
>>
>>90442630
>From a technical level
I think he's talking about from an everything level. The animation was very high level but the show was just fine. It was just a good cartoon with amazing animation
>>
>>90442679

Even the other things were above par for a cartoon. The voice acting? Check. The storytelling? Check. Likeable characters (not named Webby)? Check. Best theme song? Check.

I mean, what else is there?
>>
>>90442794
It wasn't toyetic enough.
>>
>>90442828

That was by design. The greater part of the '80s decade was saturated with cartoons that were essentially 30-minute toy commercials in disguise. Transformers, He-Man, GI Joe, JEM and the Holograms, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, ThunderCats, Voltron, all of these shows were about merchandising first and quality second. That's the difference between DuckTales and it's contemporaries of that period. It just tried to be a good show. It certainly had it's share of merchandise too but the show itself never felt like it was trying to get you to beg your parents for it.
>>
>>90442903
I don't disagree with any of that. I do like some of the toy foucsed shows on a purely nostalgic level.
>>
>>90436838
>ruined
It's a reboot.
Pretend it doesn't exist and continue to enjoy the older series.
It can't ruin anything because it's not changing anything.
>>
>>90442952

There isn't anything wrong with that.

I really enjoy 'The Real Ghostbusters' on that level. It occasionally had some decent quality storytelling, too.
>>
>>90442956
It doesn't even look bad compared to other reboots

Actually everything I'm hearing about what they have planned seems like there's some serious potential here. They're even doing full half hour episodes
>>
>>90440102

I dunno it mite b gud
>>
>>90437842
Alan Young is dead
>>
>>90442956
>It's a reboot.
IT'S A FUCKING REMAKE! Why do people say "reboot" now? Just call it what it is.
>>
>>90436838
It looks fantastic, even with the shitty artstyle. Hype as fuck.
>>
>>90437916
>These characters have sounded this way before and after ducktales.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggmVm2ljDuw
>>
>>90439677
Donald doesn't even have his classic voice in the comics Ducktales are based on. He's really articulate compared to his animated appearances.
>>
>>90446167
>Donald doesn't even have his classic voice in the comics
No shit. How difficult would it be to write Donald's speech impediment, let alone read it? I always still read his dialogue with it in my head.
>>
>>90442538
It was a time when Michael Eisner ran Disney like a one man show and you either got on the train or got out of the way. That clearly is no longer true.
>>
>>90442538
How much does this show cost?
>>
>>90442581
It can be as good if it's handled well, retard. Sym-bionic Titan had standard episode budgets, but Genndy knew how to direct the animation team properly and get them to make everything look gorgeous.
>>
>>90442538
Ducktales was also a huge, huge gamble that almost single-handedly ushered in the age of 90s animation by proving that high-budget syndication was a viable business model. That same business model wouldn't work today, since syndication isn't much of a thing anymore.
>>
>>90437659
>it could be better if things were totally different!

That's not a criticism.
>>
>>90436838
ah damn I thought the girl duck had an actual gun
>>
>>90448072
Then you're pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>90448150
its why I got all intrigued

while Disney with actual guns might not be a good combination necessarily, it would be an interesting one

inb4 sperg about censorship and how cartoons were in the good ol days gg ez
>>
>>90437900
Suck harder. Maybe TMS will come this time.
>>
>>90440285
It's called rose tinted glasses.
It's powerful shit.
>>
>>90448218
Actually, CN's shows are more likely to show real firearms uncensored.
>>
>>90440575
The Nephews originally sounded like, and were voice by Donald's actor.

I think they switched to the slightly quacky version in Ducktales to make it easier on the actors/comply to VA Union rules from the 80s forcing directors to not keep people going until they threw up blood.
>>
>>90446102
>Scrooge
>Forgetting where he got something.

This is so not canon.
>>
>>90436838
Aren't you kinda young to be here?
>>
>>90436838
>Donald duck has his usual accent
>David tennant is hamming up his accent
>The three children sound like youtube personalities.

I'm suprised Disney was okay with the nephews' voices.
>>
File: annual.png (38KB, 1197x579px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
annual.png
38KB, 1197x579px
>>90438921
>Cartoons, like movies, don't bring in the revenue they used to anymore.
>movies don't bring in the revenue they used to anymore

Fewer people go to see movies, yes. But ticket prices keep going up, so they keep making more money.
>>
>>90446721
Wasn't that model field-tested with Gummy Bears?
>>
>>90440161
Keep the homefire burning anon.
>>
File: dt_0003.jpg (62KB, 671x556px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dt_0003.jpg
62KB, 671x556px
I like the original better.
pic related.
>>
>>90450357
also repeated viewings.
>>
It looks okay to me.

I'm an oldfag and yeah the voices don't seem right to me but Scrooge's VA is dead and the new guy is still a Scot so that's cool by me.

Ducktales is one of those weird properties that I think could benefit from the newer approach to cartoons where there's continuity, season-long character arcs, and the like.

We'll see I guess.

Darkwing could be done this way too- I'd just hope they'd stick with the tone of the pilot.
>>
>>90451861
Gummi Bears wasn't made for syndication.
>>
>>90438921
this. ducktales was disney's first tv animation and they didn't know how shows were normally budgeted.

i'm surprised people are complaining. at least disney is making this hand drawn and not flash/toon boom or cgi like literally everything else on tv now. disney's last hand drawn creation was gravity falls, and this follows suit. they're not being as cheap as they could with it.

furthermore the entire staff grew up with ducktales. they're trying their damned hardest to make this work, but op and anons need to understand tv has changed a lot since the 80s and 90s. certain things can't be shown nowadays, they literally can't recreate the original ducktales due to censors and controversy (their words, not mine). however judging by the teaser trailer and what they've managed to make so far i'm very impressed. it's sad how people can go out screaming "they don't care!" "they ruined it!" when in reality they do care very much and are pouring in all their heart and effort in it.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (30KB, 800x453px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled-2.png
30KB, 800x453px
>>90450357
It's not that much of a rise in revenue if you adjust for inflation.
>>
>>90454778
also those are movie numbers, not tv numbers. tv is dying due to the rise of netflix and hulu. hell, disney has started pushing digital distribution more than anyone else
>>
>>90454710
was't gummi bears first?
>>
>>90454818
yeah but i can't recall much of its history. was it a success? not many people talk about it
>>
>>90454710
>i'm surprised people are complaining
I'm surprised you're surprised. /co/ has been going down the /v/ road of hating everything for a while.
>>
>>90454985
i don't mean just /co/, i've seen it on social media as well. how can people possibly be already comparing it to teen titans go or new ppg?
>>
>>90455113
Normalfags love the
>raping my childhood
>born in le wrong era
circlejerking as well.
>>
>>90439411
Literally the company making live action versions of their classic animated films.
>>
ITT one nostalgiafag complaining disney "ruined" their show

ducktales was never good. the pilot was solid and a few of the small arcs were ok, but outside that it was pretty fucking boring. as a duck fanatic, i could never bring myself to watch the whole series, it just wasn't that good. this new one seems to be a massive improvement from what little we've seen
>>
>>90454818
Gummi Bears was Disney's first TV animation, but what people get wrong is that it wasn't made for syndication. That's a HUGE difference, because it's what made Ducktales such a big deal in the industry.

Saturday Morning cartoons like Gummi Bears work by making a pitch to a network, having them go "yeah, we'll pay you to make this show", then doing it. The show got its payment up-front and seasons were usually 13-ish episodes (aired once a week, it meant that they only had to rerun each episode 4 times in a year).

Syndication is a different beast entirely. With syndication, the show was made first (usually with someone backing it, like a toy company) and local affiliates could pay to air the show. For example, if your local CBS station (local, not nationwide) decided that they wanted to play a cartoon at 3:00 in the afternoon on weekdays, they could pick a syndicated cartoon and pay for the right to air it for a certain period of time. One of the rules for syndication is that the cartoon must have 65 episodes (so if a Saturday morning cartoon goes on long enough, it can go into syndication when it reaches that episode count like Muppet Babies did). Between not getting money upfront and the high episode count required, syndicated-made cartoons were a huge financial risk so they were almost always made as cheap as humanly possible in case they bombed.

Ducktales was revolutionary because Disney took the risk and proved that a syndicated cartoon that wasn't cheap as everloving shit could make a profit. This ushered in an age of syndicated cartoons that had medium-to-high budgets. Shows like Tiny Toons, Batman:TAS, and every other Disney Afternoon cartoon were a direct result of Ducktales' success.
>>
>>90454710
>furthermore the entire staff grew up with ducktales
One of the directors who was a storyboard artist for Gravity Falls never even heard of Gravity Falls before being hired to work on it. What makes you think the entire crew are DuckTales fanboys?
>>
>>90457214
because they said so
>>
>>90454710

What couldn't be shown from the original now?
>>
>>90457735
guns were the big one and certain racial stereotypes. i recall them mentioning a chinese guy from the original ducktales
>>
>>90454710
>>90457735
It's weird because I would think due to the lax copyright policies they could actually show more and reference more. That's why they have been playing up the "we are gonna take influence Banks/Rosa" angle so much because the original series really couldn't to a full extent
>>
>>90436838
Because of this.
>>
>>90457807

What ever happened with that anyway? When did guns become verboten?
>>
>>90457998
not sure. disney america just seems really pc these days. they don't even allow smoking and guns in the idw comics (the ones translated from italy). meanwhile in europe, disney doesn't give a damn.
>>
>>90437659
The art shift reminds me this.
>It's better because it's shit.
>You don't like because you're afraid of new.
Can people come up with a better argument to support this terrible art style?
>>
>>90454710
>they literally can't recreate the original ducktales due to censors and controversy
Examples?
>>
>>90437659
>if the same team did the new show
They'd have to end the work day at three, that's when the bus comes to bring them back to the home.
>>
>>90458387
see >>90457807
there was an interview with the crew that had some more examples. also not posted here but i'm a member of this animation forum and people noticed the digital releases of the ducktales episodes were censored a bit. basically any "unnecessary" use of guns was cut out and a few dialogue quips
>>
>>90438046
>The old show never happened.
That is correct. It did not happen. Duck Tales is not a documentary.
>>
>>90458444
>shitlords strike again
Why do people mush have racial sensitivities and laugh at themselves from clever jokes made on them?
I'm mexican BTW and Slowpoke Rodriguez is quite cool
>>
>>90442794
The good characters in Ducktales began and ended with Scrooge.
>>
>>90458611
i feel it's an american thing. the pc culture has gone too far. people don't understand that the basic principle of humor is that someone has to get offended. be it physically hurt or insulted. we laugh at other's misery. and if there's one thing i learned is that everything can be made a joke if you're clever enough. laugh at yourself and you'll live a fun life. these sjw americanos are too fucking depressing getting offended over every little thing.
>>
Hey faggots, I assume you are all familiar with David Tennant's life and the mindscrewing coincidences connecting him to Doctor Who.

Well, turns out that we can add another fucked up coincidence to the list: He is voicing a scottish character named Scrooge Mc Duck and Tennant's real last name is "Mc Donald."
>>
>>90442538
According to this it was more around $350K-$400K, unless the budget increased over the following three years: http://cartoonresearch.com/index.php/animation-anecdotes-280/

According to this, an average Spongebob episode was about $500K, though keep in mind that was in 2006: https://www.captaincapitalism.com/animationbudgets

With inflation in mind, an average Ducktales episode would've cost about 33% more than a Spongebob episode, though in the intervening time other things have changed, such as the exchange rate between currencies, the wages of all those involved, and even where animation is done; it used to be outsourced to Japan to be done more cheaply, but these days even Japan is outsourcing a lot of its animation work to South Korea.

If you really want a series to have the same quality of animation that Disney tv had back then, you'll either need to increase the series budget to a point where its even more risky than it is now, or you take the current budget and devote it to only 5-6 episodes instead of 20 or so. A short, premium run is viable for live-action shows these days, but applying the same formula to an animated show is a lot trickier, because the audience for it may not even be there.
>>
>>90436838
>the nephews are actually different characters instead of the same character in three colors.
>the scrooge is voiced by an actual scot
>fresh new art style similar to the recent mickey mouse shorts and similar to a comic book style.

There is literally nothing wrong with any of this.
>>
>>90440161
One at a time. First ducktales, then Darkwing, then Tailspin.
>>
>>90459230
talespin was shit though
>>
>>90459230
Why do people want Tailspin back? It wasn't that good
>>
>>90445661
>shitty artstyle
The animation is stiff and lower budget, but the artsyle is great.
>>
>>90459160
> Scrooge finally wearing red
> Donald finally being his grumpy badass self
> Carl Barks stories finally will be adapted
> That first look to Scrooge's manor is full of Carl Barks paintings

I'm OK with all of that.
>>
File: 1455320570731.png (2MB, 1280x809px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1455320570731.png
2MB, 1280x809px
>>90437685
a reboot doesn't need to try to be a carbon copy of the original
ones that do end up being really mediocre and redundant
A reboot that tries to be different from the original (but similar enough) ends up better

see Mystery Inc vs What's New Scooby Doo
or Looney Tunes show vs Wabbit
>>
>>90459355
The artstyle itself is very obviously trying to have a comic book look to it.

I think a lot of the criticism of the animation isn't on par with it.
>>
>>90459230
SPIN IT
>>
>>90459259
>>90459261
It had sky pirates. Yes I was 7 the last time I watched it, but that doesn't make me think sky pirates are any less cool now.
>>
>>90459438
I'm Ok with the artstyle as well, it remindes me of Italian Disney comics.
>>
>>90436838
So let's see if I got this right. They're making Huey the smart nerd leader one, Dewey is the dumb loud one, and Louie is the sarcastic selfish one.

Can't say I haven't seen that combo a thousand times but it's better than in the original cartoon at least.
>>
>>90458152
Well, putting the word "shit" into people's mouths is just as bad, if not worse because it's literally ignoring their argument and whatever points they made.
>>
File: Rebecca045.jpg (147KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Rebecca045.jpg
147KB, 640x480px
>>90459261
Here's one of a couple reasons
>>
>>90437352
>It's NuPPG all over again.

You are fucking insane and should be kicked in the head repeatedly. This looks like a good-faith effort to make a decent cartoon. Don't you fucking dare compare it to that unspeakable garbage, you sick mongrel.
>>
>>90460013
Ban'd
>>
>>90437685
Art style looks good and detailed, the only thing that irks me is the nephew voices.
>>
File: 1335661990121.png (189KB, 512x512px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1335661990121.png
189KB, 512x512px
>>90437842
>It's literally been 30 years.
>>
>>90437352
>It's NuPPG all over again.

(you)
>>
>>90460048
*cloaca
>>
>>90437685

Nothing in this sentence makes any sense.
>>
>>90436838
How are people not excited for this

>Kate Micucci as Webby Vanderquack
My dick is ready
>>
>>90462847

Shitposts never make sense.
>>
>>90459383
Are you stating that Mystery Inc and Looney Tunes Show were different but similar enough, or are you implying that What's New Scooby Doo and Wabbit are superior to the other two shows?
>>
>>90436838
I don't like look, Scrooge sounds like he's in his 30's and the kids sound like they're in their 20's. Also since Mabel is the go to girl archetype now, Webbie sounds just like her and they even got a Kristren Schaal sounding VA for her.
>>
>>90445522
Remake = same stories with new things inserted
Reboot = Taking the story and characters and rebuilding them into something new. The building blocks are there but the result is different
>>
>>90458152
It looks better in stills, but the first season had some serious issues with the character models. They could only be seen from certain perspectives without looking strange, so it limited what they could do in action scenes.
>>
This reboot seems really interesting to me. I wouldn't say I'm hyped for it in the traditional sense, because even though I grew up watching DuckTales reruns, it was never one of my favorite shows. It was a technological marvel for its time, and the writing still kinda holds up, but I think it was plagued by a few problems that a lot of original viewers tend to overlook (e.g., the nephews' lack of individual personalities and easily confusing the three, poor pacing in some episodes, sort of useless secondary cast) that I think a reboot like this could solve.

The nephews' new voices sound really jarring and different, like they're older than they were in the original series and they're lost the duck-quality to their voices, but I'm currently undecided on whether this is a good or bad thing. On one hand, it could lead to finally having Huey, Dewey, and Louie being easily identifiable and having individual investment instead of just seeing the three as a sort of super-character. On the other, it could just lead to the three looking really stilted and awkward with dialogue that doesn't match their appearance, and not in a good dissonant way.

The animation style feels very new-Disney, though I'm also not totally convinced this is a bad thing. The original animation, if I'm not mistaken, was really expensive, and the softness to the curves led to characters barely being allowed to go off-model and get really expressive. This animation style, though more simplistic, has a lot more expressive potential behind it, though I bet a compromise between the two styles could've been made. Food for thought.

Aside from that, I'm really digging this reboot's depictions of Scrooge (who's always been great), and Webby seems surprisingly interesting and fun, unlike her original depiction. I've got a feeling despite this being called a reboot, DuckTales 2017 is gonna end up being a very different show from the original. Time will tell whether that's a good or bad different.
>>
>>90463219
Kate Micucci doesn't usually sound anything like Kristen Schaal.
>>
>>90436838
>artstyle went from True Disney to CalArts Graduate 2016 Edition
For what purpose?
>>
fuck you i like it, they're giving it a unique spin and the designs look comfy. Even the new theme sounds nice. And i praise the VA's for not trying to sound like the originals. You guys should stop being so cynical about everything holy shit.
>>
>>90471785
Famifag kys
>>
File: famicom.jpg (276KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
famicom.jpg
276KB, 3000x1688px
>>90471785
You know, constantly hijacking threads and talking about how the greatness of TMS is only going to make people hate it on principle.
And don't even try to pretend you're not the same guy, you're so autistic that people can recognise you without a trip.
>>
>>90472116
Fuck you Famifuck
>>
>>90472122
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>90437685
>Hipster art style
Seems in the vein of SBT a bit. I like it
>>
>>90472146
And thats a bad thing.

If they cared they will be catching up with Voltron:LD.
>>
>>90472148
Famicuck please stop
>>
>>90472175
He's been doing this shit for years, he's not going to stop any time soon.
>>
File: 443.png (272KB, 532x532px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
443.png
272KB, 532x532px
>>90472161
But Voltron LD is a bland piece of shit. Not even memeing
>>
>>90472246
True, but it puts everything that is airing/streaming right now to shame.
>>
>>90436838
Liked the original show, and I'll watch the new one too.

The voices of the kids are something to get used to, but as long as they make it fun it will be great.

Also it's already great that Donald is getting more screen-time since he was some episodical entity in the original that appeared three times only.
>>
>>90472225
Congrats Famicom, it took you twelve years but you finally learned how to falseflag. You're not good at it of course, you aren't good at ANYTHING per se, but it's a sign of growth.
>>
File: 1456121770821.jpg (45KB, 549x188px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456121770821.jpg
45KB, 549x188px
>>90436838
Not sure what to think. It's all a bit... odd.

First you got Scoorge and Donald. Donald has his classic voice as always. This is a good thing. Tennant sounds a little odd as Scrooge but with him you know he'll put energy into his performance, so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

But then there's the kids. Why don't they have Donald-esque voices anymore? The originals did. It just strongly reeks of 'trying to appeal to the hip teen crowd' because they're all quip masters now. They sound pretty dated already. You could've easily had them keep their weird Donald voices but still update the writing to reflect a more modern era. The girl duck is just a bit generic; we've seen the 'she's a girl character so make her super actiony and smart' trope thousands of times before.

It's strange. It's like they wanted to remain faithful to the old show while pandering to the current generation of the children's audience. The result is something that looks like it could be good, could be bad, but doesn't really have a strong identity. I like how Donald's around but in the original show he wasn't around all the time, so I'm worried the show might falter without his presence.

This is a trailer though, so who knows.
>>
>>90436838
>"donald duck is one of the bravest adventurers of all time!"

Our boy is finally getting the respect he deserves...
>>
>>90436838
>the giant flying retard OC DONUT STEEL and token girl OC DONUT STEEL are still in
one fucking job americans
>>
>>90437352
>he thinks that Le MemeShack looks better than this
Take those fucking nostalgia goggles off.
>>
>>90472944

They wanted to make Webby useful I guess, I just hope she's not a Mary Sue
>>
>It's a goddamn Famicom thread

>>90436838
I wish you "BUT IT'S DIFFERENT' faggots would remember what an actual bad reboot looks like
>>
>>90437518
Same.
Ya, it's hard to replace the old voices in my head with the new cast, but I am hoping for some good all-ages writing for adventure/comedy.
>>
File: launchstein.png (64KB, 614x882px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
launchstein.png
64KB, 614x882px
>>90473707
You better not be disrespecting Launchpad motherfucking McQuack.
>>
>>90474129
The DCEU is right here. And the new PPG.
>>
>>90475404

The original Joseph Joestar when it comes to airplanes.
>>
>>90459230
Actually, a Tailspin reboot will never happen, simply because Rudyard Kipling's estate would never allow it - BOOM! Studios learnt that the hard way when they got the Disney licence, and Kilping's descendants went "No, you're not making a Tailspin comic".

Shame, really - if Disney had just gone with their original plan to have Tailspin be a DuckTales spin-off starring Launchpad, then everything would be okay.
>>90475404
I remember that Gamespot poll... good times.
>>
Explain to me why the richest duck in the world continues to employ what is quite probably the world's worst pilot?

How much shit has Launchpad crashed?
>>
>>90477079
>Explain to me why the richest duck in the world continues to employ what is quite probably the world's worst pilot?
For the lulz?
>>
>>90477079
without looking it up, I probably already know the answer.

Scrooge hired whoever would work cheapest, and Launchpad, being in so many crashes, was willing to accept the lowest wage.

How Scrooge managed to be successful in anything with that mindset I'll never know
>>
They should've used this for the theme tune...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAD87VeP_Ok
>>90477079
>>90477155
>>90477175
They did actually explain this in the very first episode of DuckTales; Launchpad is the only pilot crazy enough to fly to all the places that Scrooge wants to visit. The fact that he's willing to work for nothing is just an added bonus. My personal headcanon is that Launchpad was so grateful to the one person who gave him a chance, that he's willing to laugh Scrooge's abuse off as banter.
>>
>>90452075
Will you ever stop trying to force this to become a meme?
>>
The one question I have after reading this thread is - how low are your standards if you genuinely think this looks good?

The designs are angular and primitive, but they didn't even make proper use of that because the animation is stiff and simplistic.

The backgrounds look like someone doodled something in his off time.

Voice acting is for the most par okay, but the nephews sound like they were busy drinking and smoking during their primary schoold years.

Change should always be for the better and not a downgrade. And while I realise that DuckTales had a substantial budget the technology marchees on and what they did then is way cheaper now. I mean there are people who craft better animation in their fucking basement with no budget at all. Even contemporary shows can look better, Gravity Falls had way more detailed backgrounds for example.

I still hope the stories will be adapted from comic books (and no, this show does NOT look like the comics, not in any fucking way, I don't even know where this notion came from... the marketing dept.?) and will be at least half as good.

Have some fucking expectations.
>>
>>90479680
>how low are your standards if you genuinely think this looks good?
I think I'm more wondering how high yours are if you think this from the trailer alone is bad enough to think "ruined forever" when we live in the current year when we know what a bad reboot that doesn't care about it's original material can, and does, look like
>>
>>90479680
angular means primitive now?
It has a unique and evocative style, that's a good thing.
All the backgrounds are pretty and thematically appropiate.
>>
>>90482575
>Even Voltron:LD looked better then SBT

Not really. They're about the same. And SBT had plenty of good animation on par with classic anime.
>>
>>90482824
No it did not, VLD had animation on par to classic anime with digital ink and paint, SBT had animation on par to 3 month old lunch meet thats been sitting out in the sun collecting maggots and flies.
>>
>>90483082
>SBT had animation on par to 3 month old lunch meet thats been sitting out in the sun collecting maggots and flies.

Oh, ok. I see. You're that autistic nigger who can't seem to stand the fact that SBT had good animation and design and just compares it to tripe because you're incapable of enjoying anything but nip art.

And just when I thought you couldn't sink any lower.
>>
>>90483745
>good animation
No.

>good design
It was literally Tezuka meets Jack Kirby meets Archie Comics, and none of those mesh well together at all.
>>
>>90484044
Yes, it did have good animation.

>Tezuka meets Jack Kirby meets Archie
Not really, no. And it the western style with Genndy's love for anime actions meshed just fine.
>>
>>90436838
Why must OP always hate nice things?
>>
>>90476979
So is beyond tragic. I just want a cartoon about a bush pilot who fights sky pirates. It doesn't have be a tailspin reboot. Someone make some scifi alternate history dieselpunk thing with that premise.
>>
So something that always annoyed me as a kid,
>Launchpad from Ducktales and Darkwing Duck
>Chip from Rescue Rangers
>Baloo from Tailspin

did someone in that studio have an obsession with bomber jackets?
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (68KB, 625x464px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Carlos.jpg
68KB, 625x464px
>>90484333
Isn't it obvious, they're da bomb!
>>
>>90483745
Rough Draft does not do good animation (they used to before 2005 when they ended up ditching all their efforts to Nam, Singapore and North Korea, but not anymore for western studios, they still do great work for Japanese studios under their Orange banner however as thats the only thing they do that stays in Seoul now of days), even Wang Film does better work as is the case with Pinky And The Brain (Rough Draft still did a great job on that show mind you).

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=14724
>>90484076
No.
>>
File: duckburg.jpg (156KB, 1481x546px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
duckburg.jpg
156KB, 1481x546px
>>90481943
>ruined forever
I said no such thing. And "the current year" is always a non-argument. Whether it's now or 10 years ago things either look good or not. Saying "well it looks good because everything else looks even worse" shows how low the standards and expectations have become.

>>90482504
You do realise that such designs are popular because they require far less effort in animation? So yes, they are objectively primitive. And it looks like everything else starting from Tartakovsky and his Cartoon Network shows.

>backgrounds are pretty and thematically appropiate.
What does this even mean? That they depict what they should depict? Well, I see you really have sublime taste in art, mate. Pretty he says. They're just lazy doodles.
>>
>>90484537
They did do good animation, as SBT showed. And the styles meshed perfectly. You can cease with the autism already.
>>
File: IMG_2614.jpg (21KB, 300x159px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_2614.jpg
21KB, 300x159px
>>90473654
That's a lot of goddamn zippers for an outfit and a half.

Why does his hat need zippers?
>>
>>90484649
>They're just lazy doodles.
Says you.
>>
>>90484649
The right looked a zillion times better.
>>90484662
No, this is good animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX8iSobsKTY

SBT is bad animation.
>>
>>90484722
To hide bread. He's a duck.
>>
>>90484767
SBT was good animation. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it was bad.
>>
>>90484832
No it was not, this is good animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tijiLYiN3xI

Rough Draft is garbage.
>>
Looks great, can't wait.
>>
>>90484887
Yes, yes it was good animation. Your autism doesn't get to decide what is and isn't good animation.
>>
>>90484943
It was not, this is good animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOuSCfJgpd8
>>
>>90484915
It does not, the old show looked excellent, this new series barely passes Rick & Morty at best.
>>
>>90484993

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nQLiq3PkG8&t=1s

This is good animation, deal with it you autistic child.
>>
>>90485014
Nice opinion.
>>
>>90484756
I provided you with a fair bit of evidence on how actual background art looks like. One of these I can effortlessly reproduce on a lunch break, the other one? Not so much.

Quite frankly I'm amazed how some people tend to defend utter garbage just because it's "different". Even though it lookes like any other fucking thing on TV right now.
>>
>>90485027
Looks like trash.

https://kisscartoon.io/Cartoon/The-Legend-of-Korra-Season-1/Episode-12?id=35

This on the other hand does not look like trash.
>>90485057
Thats not a option, thats a fact.
>>
I like the new Triplet voices better, the old ones sounded like fucking ear rape
>>
>>90485067
>utter garbage

To (you), maybe. Not to everyone.
>>
>>90484756
>Left is all digital with flat colors, barely any detail, loose inking, and buildings that are tilting all over the place
>Right is detailed, complicated, painted traditionally (Means you need to understand the tools beyond just brush and fill in options), use blending, and have a more complicated color palette but despite all this, your eye is still focused on Scrooge's Bank because of good composition
>>
>>90485110
>looks like trash
Nice opinion.

>that's a fact
No, it's an opinion. Sorry, but your autism is not fact.
>>
>>90485132
Bottom line; different styles. That doesn't make one worth less than the other.
>>
>>90485155
It's not a opinion, it's a fact you delusional fucktard.

Seek help, Mir is king of Korea for a reason.
>>
>>90485197
Same can be said of you, TMSfag.
>>
>>90485187
It does, actually. Fantasia is always going to be inherently better than UPA on a technical and visual level. Just because you prefer one means nothing. For art, there is such a thing as objectively good, no matter how much modern artists try to warp your brain and tell you there isn't.
>>
>>90485227
You're so fucking stupid that you didn't realise you're talking to at least two different people.
>>
>>90485205
Except it is an opinion, nigger. SBT had good animation because Genndy directed the show's budget masterfully. You don't have to like the show or anything, but you are delusional if you honestly think it was bad animation the likes of Johnny Test.

>seek help
Don't need any because I'm not autistic like you.
>>
>>90485257
Keep telling yourself, cupcake.
>>
File: test.png (509KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
test.png
509KB, 1000x563px
>>90484756
Not any of the other anons you're talking to, but the new backgrounds are actually very easy to do. I'm not even a background artist but have tried mimicking simplistic styles I see in some background art and doing them as fast as I can and some of the shit I pump out is just barely below the same skill level. I mean, I still love all the backgrounds in that DuckTales trailer, but they are very easy to do. With minor amounts of practice, I'd probably qualify for a BG artist job position on that show but wouldn't even make it in the building for the old one.
>>
>>90485269
Well SBT had better animation then Johnny Test, it's still garbage.

Theres a reason why Mir is beloved by millions when everyone hates Rough Draft.
>>
>>90485321
>it's still garbage
Says you.

>Theres a reason why Mir is beloved by millions when everyone hates Rough Draft.
Nice projection.
>>
File: raw.gif (1MB, 498x276px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
raw.gif
1MB, 498x276px
>>90485319
Posting something with actual effort put into it.
>>
>>90485319
Being easy to do doesn't mean that it's bad. All that matters is the style, and it works for the new show because it's clearly trying to emulate the original comics more so than the original cartoon did.
>>
File: 1464354742510.jpg (13KB, 400x318px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1464354742510.jpg
13KB, 400x318px
>"Donald Duck is one of the bravest adventurers of all time"

I'm gonna fucking watch it just for that.
>>
>>90485370
>trying to emulate the original comics
Have you heard that one in a press release? Because I actually read the comic books and this looks nothing like them.
>>
>>90485370
No, the new show has no focus in it when the old show had everyone put their hearts & souls in it because Little Nemo was not going anywhere.

>But Fuma & FUCKING AKIRA!
Well Wang did do some season 1 episodes, namely The Golden Fleecing, Double O Duck the the 5 part genesis episodes of Bubba & Gizmo Duck.
>>
>>90485473
Except it does. It's not a 1:1 recreation of Barks work, but the intended resemblance is clearly there.
>>
>>90485517
Back your claim with something for once.
>>
>>90485505
>No, the new show has no focus in it
You don't know that, as we haven't even seen a full episode yet.

And this looks to have plenty of heart and soul. Just because it's not made with the same budget and detail doesn't mean the passion they're putting in is worth any less. We'll see how it stands when it actually comes out.

And what the hell does Little Nemo have to do with Ducktales?
>>
>>90485473
Same here.
>>
>>90485551
You can literally see references in the fucking art style, they even recreated iconic portraits of Scrooge as portraits in his manner. I don't need anything to back that.
>>
>>90485595
>You don't know that, as we haven't even seen a full episode yet.
For once I'll agree with you. I still hope for good stories.

>And this looks to have plenty of heart and soul.
And once again I won't. It looks calculated and very tightly controlled by the marketing dept. and finances.
>>
>>90485595
>And what the hell does Little Nemo have to do with DuckTales?
Same staff, they were also doing The Fuma Conspiracy and Akira at the same time as well hence why some of season 1 of DuckTales was done by Wang Film.
>>
>>90485648
>It looks calculated and very tightly controlled by the marketing dept. and finances.
Based on what? The lower budget? Because that's a pretty shoddy reason to assume it doesn't have any passion involved.
>>
>>90485629
There are no references in the art style. Scene props are not a part of it. They're a nod towards the source material but have nothing to do with the style. I DO HOPE however that the storytelling style will be emulated. I'll take it even in this shitty aesthetic.
>>
>>90485689
Little Nemo was made by a bunch of people, because whoever was ultimately in charge had no fucking clue what they were doing. Hell, Miyazaki was at one point involved, and his take was markedly different it could have been its own original thing had he gone all the way before he bailed.

Still a good movie regardless.
>>
>>90485726
Except there are. Scrooge's colors and overall design are more in line with the comics. And again, you can see portraits that are almost seemingly ripped right from the comics themselves for the manor portraits. It's clearly taking cues from the comics compared to the original which stood out as more of its own thing.
>>
>>90485779
Little Nemo has nothing to do with Disney beyond some animators and writers getting involved during the film's convoluted and bloated production.
>>
>>90485877
Nemo and DuckTales not only shared most of it's animators but DuckTales' chief director (Toshihiko Masuda) was a directing animator on Nemo as well.

Also TMS did not wright the scripts, they just animated it.
>>
>>90485970
Nobody said TMS wrote the scripts for anything.

And Nemo shared a ton of animators and writers, not just the faggots from TMS.
>>
File: scrooge.jpg (82KB, 520x390px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
scrooge.jpg
82KB, 520x390px
>>90485800
Props and colour schemes can be changed without changing the style and therefore are not a part of it. Also apart from the colour scheme Scrooge's design is far more removed from Barks' comic books than the one from original Duck Tales.
>>
>>90486034
writers, no, but it did use most of the same animators.
>>
>>90486105

Writers yes, the movie had a fuckton of people involved, stop being retarded.
>>
>>90436838
Looks neat to me, will give it a chance.
>>
>>90486132
But none of them were on DuckTales.
>>
>>90486092

Scrooge has worn red before. Just because you choose one instance of him wearing green doesn't change the fact he's designed in the new show to be akin to the comics Scrooge than the first show.
>>
>>90486167
Nobody said they were.
>>
>>90436838
>It's not being animated at Mercury Filmworks
piss
>>
>>90454710
>disney's last hand drawn creation was gravity falls
Actually season 2 of star is also hand drawn (the Rough Draft Korea episodes that is, though Sugarcube goes for that kind of style instead of flash/toon boom style)
>>
>>90486170
Anon didn't choose that pic because it was red you dolt, he chose it to show the difference in limbs, linework, and the fact that the comics has softer edges while the new one is modern sharp angles and geometric shapes on top of each other vs. round construction with shapes that form into one another.

New Scrooge's torso is designed in such a way that it can basically be a held layer while only the arms move. The old one + comics were all individually drawn per pose.
>>
>>90486170
I chose the reference based on the facial expression and agreed with you in regard to his coat while disagreeing about overall design. The green coat is probably a printing error and was not part of my argumentation.
>>
Man, it sure is easy to shitpost in here.
>>
>>90486437
Famicon is a helluva drug.
>>
>>90486262
>comics were all individually drawn per pose.

No fucking shit, there's no other way to draw a comic and poses BUT to draw every thing from scratch each time.
>>
>>90486555
>What is photocopying and layering
>>
>>90486611
Yea, because they totally had that back in Barks' time.

Not everyone is Tim Buckley, schmo.
>>
>>90486670
>They didn't have photocopy layers back in his time

And I'm also talking about physical paper layering, not Photoshop, you fucking dunce. Don't chime in with shit when you're literally so uneducated, you think the word layer comes from digital programs.
>>
>>90436838

When is this coming out anyways?
>>
>>90486736
I didn't imply that, retard. The point remains that Barks wouldn't do cheap shit. But hey, good on ya for being a cunt over nothing.
>>
>>90486841
>I didn't imply that, retard.
>>90486670
>Yea, because they totally had that back in Barks' time.

Keep backpedaling and maybe you can physically travel back in time to before you made that stupid fucking comment and save yourself the embarrassment.
>>
>>90486873
Whatever, shitposter. I'm going to give the show a chance because it looks good, regardless of your fucking sperging cunt ass.
>>
>>90486933
>Whatever, shitposter. I'm just gonna move my goal posts because I have no idea how to refute other people's points when their opinions differ from mine.
>>
>>90486999
Not what I did, but please, do continue to be a retard since that's all you can do.
>>
>>90439541
yep
>>
>>90437893
neither are you, fuckaroo
>>
>>90487020
Sure, you did a fine job not providing no visual references for how the show is actually further from the comic style than the original cartoon while simultaneously misunderstanding old comic techniques that could be done if needed all while calling someone a shitposter because you actually had nothing to contribute.

Point stands. This show's style is further from the comics than the original cartoon, not closer.
>>
>>90436838
>OP tries to make bait and piss everyone off
>it turns into a ducktales thread and reboot talk
thanks op.youre an idiot but your stupidity brought us joy.
cant wait to watch every episode and give them money so they can make another season
>>
>>90439541
>Is it the same guy who says the Samurai Jack reboot is bad too?
Hard to say. That guy's main focus is the "huurrr, he killed those human bounty hunters despite nothing confirming it" and then crying that Genndy retconned it with the mention of Jack killing a human despite that tidbit of info actually CONFIRMING that Jack didn't kill the hunters because nobody knew for sure all these years.
>>
>>90487104
You didn't provide anything either. Scrooge looks like the comic Scrooge more so than the original cartoon, and they have portraits literally based on ones from the comics. End of story, cry harder.
>>
>>90487110
>thanks op.youre an idiot but your stupidity brought us joy.
>Thinking this is a good talkback thread

Man, your standards are low. Maybe get out of /sug/ for awhile.
>>
>>90487145
Check again, loser.
>>90486092

If you think the newer looks closer to the comics than the older, you really are just deluding yourself to make you seem right.
>>
>>90487165
It's not delusion when it clearly is borrowing visual elements as well as all but copy/pasting comic images into portraits in the manor. Stay wrong, kiddo.
>>
What exactly is you people's obsession with this show?

It's just an adventure show with ducks
>>
>>90487110
they already confirmed another season
>>
>>90487110
>it turns into a ducktales thread and reboot talk
I'm guessing you haven't been reading this thread considering TMSfag has been spreading his autism all over the place
>>
>>90487202
>Literally ignoring the actual character style in favor of a reference
>Doing a comic book dotted effect is "borrowing elements" now
Yep, had no point, never did. Can't refute that new show is further away from the comics than original show.

Keep telling people that photocopiers weren't a thing in the 40's+ though. Makes you look intelligent.
>>
>>90487276
Why, yes! It is an adventure show with ducks! You're very perceptive.
>>
>>90487276
The original or the new one? Because the original was a classic that defined a generation, and the new one is the first new animation in decades that has many wondering if it'll match up to the former's legacy.
>>
>>90487316
Never said anything about photocopiers, retard. But please, keep focusing on shit that wasn't part of the main point; which is how Scrooge and the overall look of the show are more akin to the comics. Nobody is saying it's a point for point imitation of the style, but literally everyone has noticed how it looks more like a comic than the original cartoon ever did.
>>
>>
>>90487334
>>90487344
Okay but why are you so obsessed about it? I can't even tell if the new one is going to be good or bad based on 1:30 of footage.

>Because the original was a classic that defined a generation
I find that hard to believe. How do you even define that? It's not like it was Star Wars. I watched the original as a kid and thought it was pretty good but I didn't think it was the greatest thing ever
>>
>>90487389
>Never said anything about photocopiers, retard.
>>90486670
So you were either referring to the fact that they didn't have "LAYERS" in his time, or photocopiers. Regardless, you were retarded for either statement.

And you've yet to provide any actual reference for how this show is suppose to be more "akin to the comics" when fucking screenshots of the show side by side with the comics will show you that the new one is further from the comics than the original. All you can provide is a "muh homage portrait" and act as if dotted texture means it's trying to copy a comic book when it's doing it in the most superficial way possible. It looks like typical Flash and digital cartoon shit and in no way resembles the comics other than the characters in them. You want a show that actually tries to mimic the visuals of the comic, go to the original, because the new one is barely doing it.
>>
>>90487413
Why's it hard to believe? There were few other shows like it. Each episode was practically a mini movie, and if you were into things like Indiana Jones, Ducktales pretty much scratched that itch for high-adventure in a syndicated, animated format. Not to mention the theme song is easily the catchiest tune of all time that either gets you giddy each time you hear it, or haunts your waking existence.
>>
>>90487512
>Why's it hard to believe?
Well it's just that usually when people talk about things the defined a generation, it's usually more involved in modern day or at least mentioned frequently. Like, I could say Pokemon defined a generation and I'm pretty sure I'd be right. Heck I think I could even say TMNT defined a generation. But Ducktales? The most I learned since the turn of the century was how expensive it was to animate. Ever since the Disney Afternoon died, I never really saw it mentioned

If, for example you said, "it defined the tone of the Disney TV animation going forward" then I could probably believe that, though I still would doubt the obsession in the current year
>>
>>90487502
No, I wasn't. But hey, good on ya for fixating on shit instead of moving on, fucking tard.

Just because YOU don't think it looks that much like the comics doesn't mean others haven't noticed how it resembles the comics. Again, I said it's not an exact recreation of Barks style, but it clearly is going for something in terms of looks that makes one think of the comics even if it's not a 1:1 match "oh my god, it's like they animated the strips themselves".

Christ, you are such a fantastic retard.
>>
File: facepalm2.jpg (15KB, 618x407px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
facepalm2.jpg
15KB, 618x407px
>It's an OP can't respect anybody opinions thread

I'm starting to miss the "THIS COULD GO FULL SJW" rumors that dominated these threads back before the trailer came out
>>
>>90487389
While you've been exchanging pleasantries with the other anon I'm the one providing visual reference for the city and Scrooge.

I don't really know where your eyes are, but "everyone says" is not evidence, nor your lacking logic could be considered as such.

Sloppy background work and colouring going outside the the outline may evoke comic book feeling simulating printing errors, but it doesn't mean they share the style with Barks' creations. They clearly don't. If you had a functioning pair of eyes you'd be able to admit that. I understand you can like this style, I really do - as crap as I consider your taste - but for fuckitty fucks sake it's not similar to the source material in style.
>>
>>90487612
So then what the hell were you implying with your original post of "He had nothing like that in his time"? Please, inform me.

And just because you think "black dot effect" means "WOW, IT'S LIKE THE COMICS!" doesn't mean it is, it just makes you a retard with low standards who can't actually tell the difference between construction of characters and the difference in coloring styles, inking styles, and other actual important things in favor of superficial elements of what you THINK a comic book has.

You are still wrong and have yet to provide any visual side by side references of how this is suppose to look more like the comics other than it doing it in the laziest way possible such as "Donald has a black shirt now!" rather than the actual construction of a character.
>>
>>90487662
>as crap as I consider your taste
Not an argument, kiddo.

>>90487670
I don't need to provide squat because it's clear to anyone that they're going for a comic book style you dense fuck mongering retard shitpile.
>>
Should I just ignore the threads for the series?
>>
>>90487571

Ducktales success was the catalyst that pushed all the other Disney cartoons in the 90's. Without Ducktales you don't get Rescue Rangers, Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, Alladin, or even Gargoyles. It had a huge effect that pretty much set the standards for cartoons in the late 80's through the 90's and forced all other studios to invest more in their animation to compete. Which in turn got us things like Batman TAS, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs. I get that you didn't feel like it had much influence but almost anyone in the industry would think very differently.
>>
>>90487743
>Not an argument, kiddo.
You really don't understand anything, do you? It wasn't supposed to be. And I like how you nitpicked this jab and ignored actual arguments. Don't be so surprised the other guy berates you like there's no tomorrow.
>>
>>90487754
Up to you. You can just ignore the obvious shitposting and just discuss episodes with people once the show hits tv.
>>
>>90487808
Like you've done any better, don't make me laugh.
>>
>>90487842
I have. You're impossible to reason with and you wilfully ignore evidence. It pains you to admit that the old design looks more like the source material and that would be obvious even to a god damn animal able to distinguish shapes. And no, color scheme is not a part of the basic design. Shape and outline is.
>>
>>90487949
Your evidence doesn't disprove squat, you delusional fuck.
>>
File: 1334329164850.jpg (630KB, 964x1227px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1334329164850.jpg
630KB, 964x1227px
Y'all complain too much
>>
>>90488184
That's the internet for ya.
>>
>>90488005
Your claims have been disproven point by point. You believe what you want, no one can take that away from you. Your stupidity is your own.
>>
>>90438738
Is cheap animation, look at Donald running sequence, they could have smeared the frames to depict the speed, but instead just apply a blur filter in front of everything. It looks ok when they're just standing and talking, but as soon as they try to do an action scene it becomes obvious they're cutting corners. Is insane they're producing an adventure cartoon which won't have good action scenes.
>>
>>90488319
>Your claims have been disproven point by point.
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
File: miki.jpg (126KB, 480x608px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
miki.jpg
126KB, 480x608px
>>90488478
I'll once again prove your stupidity:
>>90486262
In this post the other anon described in depth what constitutes a style and what the differences are between the three. Point by point. You failed to even address his stand, probably because of some severe case of cognitive dissonance. All in all you're funny.
>>
File: Ferguson.jpg (35KB, 445x604px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ferguson.jpg
35KB, 445x604px
>this fucking attitude of MUH/DIFFERNT STYLE so its okay if its shoddy and cheap

No im not saying ot looks bad because REEE MAKE IT EXACTLY LIKE BACK THEN, but because the backgrounds and the style seems rather cheap and lazy compared to what we had back then.

And i think modern cartoons are perfectly capable of having vibrant, detailed, pretty backgrounds. Like gravity Falls
>>
>>90436838

I'm not a huge fan of the voices but its only a trailer, and if the writing is good I'm sure I'll come around to it
>>
>>90488639
>last word meme
Oh boy, here we go.

>>90488652
And I never once said it was exactly like Barks' style, just that it visually has a comic-like style like the thing Ducktales was originally based on. If anybody is suffering dissonance, it's you with this "it can't be similar unless it's a 1:1 match", though I guess expecting common sense from you would be a tad much.
>>
>>90488712
If it does well enough, it could get a bigger budget. Not necessarily a guarantee unless it gets mondo results, but that is usually how these things work if something proves it can rake in the cash.
>>
>>90488739
Yes, and you fail to understand that you saying "it's comic-like style" means you are falling for superficial elements like "Color bleeds out the line" or "Dotted effect" and not that it's ACTUALLY mimicking the comics on a content or construction level. Hell, it's not even matching THE comics, just generic "it's comic style!". It's the equivalent of running your photo through a grainy filter on Instagram and going, "Look! It's trying to be like, old timey photos".

There is nothing about it that is trying to mimic the actual comics other what people think defines "a comic style". Otherwise, it's modern as all hell with the square heads, super angular limbs, simplistic geometric shapes, and modern day quips.
>>
>>90488911
I'm not failing anything because I never implied anything beyond it resembling a comic and clearly borrowing some elements from the comics. That's all on you for assuming I've implied more. But please, keep nitpicking this shit because that's all you can fucking do aside from sucking off the old cartoon despite nobody denying the fact that it had a production budget that nobody can ever match unless Disney decided to take another gamble just like they did last time. Honestly, you are fucking dense in trying to insult my intelligence over this shit with your autistic ramblings.
>>
>>90489071
This is a professional shitposter, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>90436838
But this isn't a remake of the show, it's a remake of the comics.
>>
>>90489168
>I'll just call him a shitposter because I can't refute him
Whatever, kiddo.
>>
>>90437685
It's not pointless, it's an attempt to get people into the franchise with a new take. Will it be as good? Only time will tell. Besides, it ain't like the original show is going to be wiped from existence, you'll still be to enjoy it whenever you please.
>>
>>90490322
Nah. Can scroll up to any of the dozens of posts. Your only argument is "But it FEEEELS like what I think a comic is".
>>
>>90490460
And your posts are all "It's not MY definition of a comic" and yours alone.
>>
>>90490540
Nope. There's actual visual indication to show that it's a step down and not at all similar to the style of the original comics.

What do you have?
>>
>>90490556
>There's actual visual indication to show that it's a step down
Opinion is not fact, bub.
>>
>>90490540
>>90490322
>>90489548
>>90489452
>>90489071
>>90488739
>>90487949
shut the fuck up already, jesus
>>
>>90490600
Same can be said of you and your "evidence"
>>
>>90490625
Just because you don't know what evidence is doesn't make you right.

Sorry you were called out for having such low standards for animation that you think this is a step up from the original because "it follows the comics more closely" when it's actually further than it could ever be.
>>
>this thread ruined by shitposters

kys
>>
>>90490639
>low standards
Oh boy, this bullshit logic again.
>>
>>90490669
Keep justifying that you think art has no objective measure of standards. Keep being part of the crowd that praises this cause "WOW! It looks better than anything else on right now!". Swallow piss because at least it's better than shit.
>>
>>90490698
>scat meme
Coming full circle with your shitposting, eh?
>>
>>90490727
Yeah, quoting just the insult to avoid the actual argument, don't worry shitposter, keep doing this and you'll be able to convince people you're just a troll and not actually this retarded.
>>
>>90490727
>scat meme
the fuck does that even mean

do you know what a fucking meme is boy or are you just spouting buzzwords
>>
>>90490753
You haven't convinced anyone yourself, delusional bastard.
>>
>>90490795
Still waiting on that screenshot evidence that this is somehow more like the comics than the original.

Keep shitposting, then you won't have to provide any at all.
>>
>>90490793
Saying "your tastes are like/akin to eating shit" is a meme, retard. Or do I have to dumb it down for your autistic ass?
>>
>>90490827
>a metaphor is a meme
you're either actually retarded or can only comprehend things in buzzwords
>>
>>90490819
I don't need to provide anything because it's literally right there in the trailer and promo images. But you'll just ignore it and shitpost your usual disagreement nonsense because you're that obtuse.
>>
>>90490842
It's not a metaphor, dingus. And calling it out as a meme is not a buzzword.
>>
>>90490878
"Right there" as in black dotts and bleeding lines? Because that isn't trying to match Carl Banks, that's trying to do superficial comic book art with digital tools that makes it look painfully modern because of how crisp and clean it is.
>>
>>90490908
yes, it is. not everything is a meme in life. get off of 4chan once in awhile.
>>
>>90490908
>Meme!
God, people like you have diluted that word.
>>
>>90490941
In this case, it is a meme. Not my fault you're too stupid to see how overused that "your taste = eating shit" meme gets flung around.
>>
>>90491003
explain how it's a meme. repetitive use is not a meme, otherwise that implies idioms are a fucking meme.
>>
>>90491000
>>90490941
Nice samefag, buckaroo.
>>
>>90490878
What's "right there"? Is there somewhere in the trailer that says, "More like original comics than ever before!"?
>>
>>90491031
>>90491019
explain it.
>>
>>90491019
Some memes are defined by their repetition, genius.
>>
>>90491059
explain how that's a meme specifically.

otherwise you're a fucking meme and this whole thread is a meme by your own definition.
>>
>>90491072
It's a meme response, retard. End of story.
>>
>>90491101
explain how it's a meme, memeboy.
>>
>>90491037
If you can't see it, then it's clear you never will.
>>
>>90491111
Don't have to, it's obvious.
>>
>>90491166
Nice assumption, champ, but no. Guess I shouldn't be surprised you're falling to boogeyman accusations since you can't come up with any actual retort now and just fling out "He's a troll!" at people.
>>
>>90491208
>>90491187
>>
File: 1433094364332.jpg (26KB, 509x377px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1433094364332.jpg
26KB, 509x377px
Original Duck Tales was after school cancer and everyone who came up with the original theme should die horribly.

And I carried that opinion since i was in the first grade.
>>
>>90491187
>It's a "TMSfag accuses someone of being something they're not" episode
>>
>>90491261
Great job, you linked to.... nothing! Congrats, I guess?
>>
For someone who's never watched it, is the original series worth checking out?
>>
File: Ducktales intro.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ducktales intro.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>90491404
Well that depends. Are you big into episodic cartoons that are about adventuring and mysteries? Or are you more into shows that just focus on comedy? While Ducktales delivered on lots of comedy, its main draw was being like an anthology of mini-movies (sometimes even having a few episodes serve as multi-part movies) with Scrooge and his friends globetrotting and having zany adventures in the center of the earth, to traveling through time using icecream-like fuel.
>>
>>90491404
No. Read the comics. Actual show is slow and loses a lot of comedic punch the comics had.
>>
>>90491785
Or better yet, check out both.
>>
>>90437518
another here.

well, ducktales proper was a bit before my time but it was always on in syndication...and yeah I think this looks pretty damn good.
>>
>>90436838
So we are actually getting waves of reboots, because those hacks lack the creativity to make anything on their own now, but still have their agenda to push?

Also notice, they are smug, they snark and the humour is lol randumb. Definitely didn't seen that one before.
>>
>>90487656
>It's an OP can't respect anybody opinions thread

What's funny is that four days ago /co/ hated nuDuckTales.
>>
>>90492250
>All the nephews are quip machines

I'm getting sick of it, too. It's to the point where SnotRocket, despite being a painfully played out plot of "Dog babysitting kid, gets him in trouble", it still somehow manages to be way more refreshing than, "All the characters are sarcastic geniuses!".
>>
>>90437791
>>90437916
Nephews sound like Gene Belcher.
WTF casting agency?
>>
>>90492250
>and the humour is lol randumb
We've barely seen anything of the humor beyond a few harmless quips and Launchpad's "Oh no, the ground" line, and that was funny.
>>
>>90492338
I agree, Launchpad saved it.
This is why I actually gonna give it a try.
>>
>>90487398
Report is out
Lawyers are informed
>>
>>90487398
The only people who get upset about tumblr are autists.
>>
>>90449423
How is that even possible? Ducktales is 30 years old.
>>
>>90436838
Will they add Italian elements to it?
Could Donald become Paperinik or Double Duck in these?
>>
>>90493106
Who knows. It sounds like they're aiming to make Scrooge something of a faded legend regaining his glory. Whether he'll be the tough as nail bastard in the comics or badass granddad he was in the first cartoon, hard to say.
>>
>>90436838

>Whose the evil triplet?

>both saying Louie

Kek
>>
>It's actually reintroducing the entire concept of Scrooge

I actually like that idea
>>
>>90436838

Remind me again

How relevant was Donald in the series?

It seems they want him to be part of it
>>
>>90496660
>How relevant was Donald in the series?
Only the odd cameo because of certain copyright issues.

They intentionally do want to make him part of the show this time
Thread posts: 398
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.