[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THIS PERSON GETS IT! Sauce: http://sneakyfeets.tumblr.com/p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: mabel-critic.png (50KB, 474x723px) Image search: [Google]
mabel-critic.png
50KB, 474x723px
THIS PERSON GETS IT!

Sauce: http://sneakyfeets.tumblr.com/post/134014027895/reasons-i-dont-care-for-mabel-pines-9-entire
>>
autism pls
>>
>>78341388
The only reason you could dislike a female character is misogyny

You misogynist
>>
I don't care for Mabel because Dipper always seems to be giving up what he wants so she can have what she wants. They never seem to work out a deal.
>>
>>78341388
Three fucking years later and I still don't get why Mabel rejected Gideon after lusting for literally every other boy, including the fuckin' Mattress King. I remember complaining about it when the episode first aired and being called a creep.
>>
>>78342457
Because he's a sociopath?
>>
>>78342457
Because his accent alone makes me want to punt him over the fence and into the night
>>
File: 1450558318350.png (129KB, 169x298px) Image search: [Google]
1450558318350.png
129KB, 169x298px
>>78341388

>Being into boys is bad

Okay?

>Complaining about pushing him into social situations

The person who made this clearly doesn't understand how necessary this is for many introverts. If my parents didn't do this to me, my life would be abysmal.

How would Mabel have helped crack the laptop?

She apologised, and I'm not going to give a shit about it, especially when Dipper didn't.

>Complaining about being motivated by altruism

Finally, yes, it is annoying how she doesn't have much of any sort of arc.

Yes, if you are not the agent of your actions, I can't complain about them. It would be like me getting mad at Dipper for what Bipper did. Yes, she is clearly under hypnosis, and they are pretty non-ambiguous. Complain away that they should have established it earlier, sure.

You honestly think that any child would have an ideal sibling that is EXACTLY like their own? It's impressive that she even has any version of him there. Would YOU have an ideal version of your sibling being exactly the same?

Meanwhile, Dipper, (who I like much more incidentally), abandoned Pacifica to die, only went back to the NWM to save Mabel and didn't care about everyone else, nearly got everyone killed on multiple occasions out of his vanity (Scary-oke, Summerween, Dreamscaperers), nearly got everyone kicked out of the Shack because of a hissy fit, and who's first instinct to saving a girl from rape was to ask her out.
>>
It's not that Mabel is particularly villainous. Although I grew resentful of her over years and feel like she deserve the same treatment Ford gave Stan. She really doesn't deserve Dipper.

But she's not terrible. She doesn't really pull the kind of shit any kid character in her position would not.

She's not terrible, she's just Hirsch's pet. Seeds of the issue were there as far back as Irrational Treasure, but it took them around a season to blossom into horrible flowers of mangled characterization. The universe always bends to validate her. Even when the plot seem to setting her up for being stupid, it swerves. In Sock Opera she lost a boy not because it's was a sacrifice to make or because she lied to him to get him to notice her. Plot made sure nothing of value is lost by devaluing him.
In Love God she seems to be an inept matchmaker with overblown self-image (Taping animals together doesn't make consistute a romance) and in a middle it seemed like her shallow judgement of Robbie and Tambry (People whom she barely knows mind you) is proven wrong. But it worked out in the end. The plot bowed over to her whim.
>>
>>78342584
>nearly got everyone kicked out of the Shack because of a hissy fit
Care to elaborate what are you referring to here?
>>
>>78341388
There's really only one legit reason grown person should give to explain why he doesn't care about Mabel Pines: she's a cartoon character.
>>
>>78342662

In Dreamscapperers, when he sees that Stan "doesn't care" about him, he abandons trying to help him, and just leaves the party, forsaking Stan. Remember, if Bill gets the combination, Gideon gets the deed, and they are kicked out. Dipper is just fucking himself over, not to mention his sister, Soos, and Wendy because of his feelings about Stan.
>>
>>78342710
Yeah, the difference being he didn't get a cake and balloons for his action.

But ultimately I agree that the real problem is that Mabel doesn't have an arc. All of these frustrations are symptoms of the fact that she didn't grow like Dipper did.
>>
>>78342689
I understand "Not caring" is an euphemism for dislike.

>>78342584
Dipper is a guy whom the world treats like shit wherever he goes, be it abuse from people or just bad luck. But he always makes effort for others, even if at any point I'm not sure they deserve it.
Mabel, well, you can perhaps say she's an altruist, but the kind of altruist that exists in Ayn Rand's head. She's controlling because she's thinking nobody can be happy unless they fall in line with her vision. In real life she'd do a lot of harm before learning to respect autonomy of others, but writing is protective of her.
>>
>>78342710
Yeah, I figured this much.

He doesn't want to make effort for his abuser. I can respect this.
>>
>>78341388
>look, here's a tumblr blog that agrees with me!
It's yours, isn't it?

>>78342457
Because the relationship wasn't her idea.
>>
>>78342584
>and who's first instinct to saving a girl from rape was to ask her out.
What?
>>
>>78343352
That song episode.
>>
>>78342584
>>78343567
>who's first instinct to saving a girl from rape was to ask her out
It was revealed, though, that the song wasn't actually mind control. If it occurred at all, sex would have been consensual. And he asked her to go bowling with his uncle. Going bowling with people you hang around all the time can hardly be considered a date.
>>
>>78341388
What the shit is mabel pines?
>>
They should've made incest canon, I'm tellin' ya it'd fix everything
>>
>>78345717

nerds being nerds

just trade mabel pines with Goku or whatever message board you complained on back then and you got it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.