[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I accepted long ago that Marvel isn't going to change the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

File: X-Men - Legacy v2 014-018.jpg (3MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men - Legacy v2 014-018.jpg
3MB, 3975x3056px
I accepted long ago that Marvel isn't going to change the global status quo but why don't mutants help each other, at least? I've been reading X-Men: Legacy (not Spurrier's, Carey's) and Hellion doesn't have hands. Apparently, it's a big deal. I mean, come on, he graduated with a guy who can restart hearts but he's not going to fix his buddy's hands?
What's even more funny (if a bit unrelated), in the same issue a bunch of mutants volunteered to help fix up San Francisco and ended up completely destroying everything instead. Maybe they completed their work off-panel but I don't think so. The incident wasn't mentioned again.
What I'm saying is, there are tons of supposedly big and unsolvable problems characters face in every other issue. But these problems could be solved with a short call to some Omega-level dude. I thought Decimation, for all its faults, would be a nice change of pace as it lets characters face conflicts that aren't fucking meaningless but noooo.
>>
well nobody likes muties
>>
>>78335427
But what's the point of them sticking together if they don't help each other?
>>
>>78335350
>in the same issue a bunch of mutants volunteered to help fix up San Francisco and ended up completely destroying everything instead
Stable time loops and shit.
>>
>>78335350
A lot of mutants are huge assholes, they talk a big game about mutant kind but then they don't a goddamn thing for other mutants.
>>
>>78335506
Why people still read X-men? The entire and biggest anemy of mutants is the fact biggotry, and it will never change or progress because status quo. Every other hero just need to defeat their enemies to save the day, but muties will never change a thing about society and how it see them.

It's just reading about meanless struggle that will never be solved.
>>
>>78335350
Is Betsy essentially lobotimizing soldiers in a twisted effort to cure ptsd?
>>
>>78336085
>Why people still read X-men?
Characterfaggotry.
>>
>>78336148
It's voluntary. If they don't want these memories, who says they have to keep them?
>>
>>78335350
Because they wont let mutant struggle end. At best you can hope your favorite mutie stars in the story that doesn't focus on it but it will ALWAYS be the status quo.
>>78336085
Character faggotry and/or weird ass brand loyalty. In my experience x-men seem to have more people that only read x-men comics than any other ip in marvel.
>>
>>78336286
I wasn't asking about the mutant struggle though, just why don't they help each other out. Elixir and Triage aren't healing dysfunctional mutants like Cyclops' weird head trauma or Hellion's hands or Chamber's exploding face or Toad's ever-evolving organism. Precogs prefer to hold onto their information instead of just telling everyone what's gonna happen and how to avert it.
It's just fights and training and fights and fights and training and angst.
>>
>>78336348
>Cyclops' weird head trauma
Mental issues.
>>
>>78336085
Because X-Men > Everything else by marvel.
Also, X-Men are more than civil rights bullshit.
>>
I was just wondering, why the smartest people on earth arent Helping the mutants ?

Sure Reed and Hank are dead and beast seems to be the only one Helping, but what about black Panther he was the lover of storm, or Cho, or whoever are the 3,4,5 and 6 smartest people on eart Helping them ?
>>
>>78336085
because you want sci-fi shenaningans? you have starjammers?
You want some Conan-like action? You have Ka-Zar and Savage Land
You want some crime drama? Madrox's X-Factor
You want some teenagers drama? New Mutants
You want some op shit? X-Force
You want some parody for pop culture? X-Statix
You want some future dystopian shit? DOFP
You want some classic superheroing? X-Men
You have also Deadpool, Alpha Flight.
There is variety for anyone, because the X-Men were the most developed marvel property for years.
>>
>>78336662
Help them in what way?
>>
>>78335350
mutants ran for so long they ran out of stories and ended up proving the biggots right. you would gas them all unless you were one of them.
>>
>>78336690
Cleaning the terrigen mist of the earth
>>
>>78336085
their enemy is not biggotry, its the fact they are all shitheads. like a loud asshole that fucks with you but if you call him out on it he goes "its because im black right?"
>>
>>78336718
Tony is dick, Doom is dick, Cho is busy flirting with girls, Pym is off world, Reed is dead/gone, Black Panther hates mutants/off world, Storm hates Spidey so she won't ask for help. And other villains are evil so nobody asks them.
>>
>>78336718
I've been out of the loop for a while, what's wrong with terrigen mists? Everything I know about them comes from a few Quicksilver stories.
>>
>>78336745
Sterilizes mutants and gives them cancer.
>>
>>78336745
kills mutants and prevents the x-gene from showing up in newborns
>>
>>78335350
Mutants are a cancer on the marvel universe, their dumb shit just derails everyone else when it gets dragged in
>>
>>78336670
>because you want sci-fi shenaningans?
GotG
>You want some Conan-like action?
Weirdworld
>You want some crime drama?
Vision
>You want some teenagers drama?
ANAD avengers, nova, miles, kamala
>You want some parody for pop culture?
Deadpool
>You want some future dystopian shit?
Spider-man 2099
>You want some classic superheroing?
New avengers, howling comandos
>You want some op shit?
Carnage, venom, Drax

Marvel doesnt need te x-men anymore
>>
>>78336761
like when
>>
>>78336768
well no shit, most of the books he listed ended years and decades ago.
>>
>>78336772
AvX
Onslaught
>>
>>78336772
AvsX is a pretty modern example
>>
>>78336768
>Vision
>crime drama
I thought it's horror.
>>
>>78336768
Then they should sell the x-men to someone who would use them properly. The X-Men are a universe on their own. It's funny that you mention different franchises, While X-Men have it all under one franchise.

Also, Deadpool is X-Men, so you should educate yourself first
>>
>>78336787
Deadpool WAS an x-men
>>
>>78336780
>>78336782
You mean AvX, a story that was supposed to be X-Men event, until the shitvengers interferred?
Onslaught, that was result of behind-the-scene politics, and around the time when marvel was bankrupt? You do realize that Heroes Reborn versions were selling much more than pre-Onslaught Captain America, FF and Avengers?
>>
>>78336799
According to Fox, he still is. Same with Shi'ar, Brood, and Phalanx.

But I think that this is the long game that Marvel tries to play. They really want to retcon any ties that DP had with X-Men. Oh well.
>>
>>78336787
That would take marvel/Disney admitting that the movies doesnt affect the comics
>>
>>78336801
>>shitvengers
That really harms any point you are trying to make.
>>
>>78336787
Oddly enough despite the constant complaints when crossovers happen I'm fairly certain a lot of x-fans prefer them as a apart of the 616 canon. Also people who aren't hardcore x-fags probably like a mugga or two.
>>
>>78336768
>GOTG
lol
>Weirdworld
literally who
>Vision
kek, cancelled at issue #6
>ANAD Avengers
Extraordinary X-Men says hi.
>Deadpool
X-book
>Spider-Man 2099
Apparently PAD wants to have X-Men 2099 appear at some point in SM 2099
>New Avengers
led by an X-Man
>Howling Commandos
cancelled at issue #6
>Carnage, Venom, Drax
crap, especially Drax.

You were saying?
>>
>>78335350
I feel that this page would work better if everyone didn't have blank, horribly disconcerting facial expressions.
>>
File: MCU synergy.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
MCU synergy.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>78336815
They don't need to admit anything to anyone. They own the show.
>>
>>78336816
Well, anon's correct. Marvel orgasms at thought of event, that's why we get atrocities like AvX and Axis.
>>
>>78336816
Yeah, like anyone is going to change his mind.
I don't care. Avengers are the ones who break everyone's favorite toys.
>>
>>78336830
>>Dorf
>>No beard
Shit
>>
>>78336818
The difference is that I used to like a lot of marvel books. Now I'm only down to x-books from marvel.
You see hero vs hero works only if it is contained with ONE franchise. Avengers vs Avengers (Civil War) was a success, so was Schism (X-Men vs X-Men), but if you have Avengers vs X-Men, you are dividing your fanbase against each other. Short-term, it gives your profit, but long term, it alienates the fanbases. A lot of Spider-Fags aren't happy that Spider-Man was an Avenger either.
>>
>>78336825
>Apparently PAD wants to have X-Men 2099 appear at some point in SM 2099

Wasnt the 2099 x-men one of the worst 2099 books at his time.?
>>
>>78336825
I was going to ask you about source on PAD's decisions (and I still need that) but after checking out the solicits I found something funny I wanted to share with >>78336815
>• Miguel O’Hara’s crusade against the mysterious organization called FIST continues!

>• But there’s trouble in New York when the Inhuman LASH (y’know, the one from a little show called Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) arrives AND PUTS MIGUEL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INHUMAN CONFLICT!
>>
>>78336864
No. That was Ravage.
X-Men, Spider-Man, Punisher were pretty popular
>>
>>78336867
There is this alchemax storyline that PAD wants to do. Also, you would have to read his All-New X-Factor, where PAD basically did a crossover between S-M 2099 and X-Factor.
>>
>>78336860
>A lot of Spider-Fags aren't happy that Spider-Man was an Avenger either.
Thank to bald Jew for that.
Best selling Avengers writer, my ass. Throw Wolverine and Spider-Man on any team and it'll sell good.
>>
>>78336867
It's hilarious that they promote Lash as SHIELD character, rather than Inhumans. It's even more hilarious, because SHIELD, the comics sells like crap.
>>
>>78336875
Yeah, I read that. Those aren't really the X-Men 2099 though.
>>
>>78336860
Civil War was dog shit.

I don't see how there even are any Spiderman fans left, do you enjoys watching Marvel rape the shit out of him? Have a guy who talks all about morality sell his marriage to the devil and have him get so horribly bitched by one of his foes who murdered him and paraded around wearing his skin?
>>
>>78336868
I havent read x-men 2099 but what is their deal, are mutants still feared in year 2099 ?
>>
>>78336888
No shit sherlock. The thing is, PAD wants to revisit some 2099 storylines SOMEWHERE around the future.
>>
>>78336888
I read the first X-Men 2099 series, not seeing a single character from that on the page.
>>
>>78336888
>Serval buying out Stark's company and make him work for them
>>
>>78336900
No. They have their own sanctuary and are more like religious sect. Mutants aren't really hated, no one really cares about them, but they are used as a food and lab rats.

You also have mutroids, who are an island of mutates. 2099 was overall bleak.
>>
>>78336900
Mutants will always be a ham-handed standin for some topical minority group.
>>
>>78336888
Is that spider-women doing the Infamous ass pose in the bottom center ?
>>
>>78336928
X-23.
>>
>>78336815
>implying movies doesnt affect the comics
character interactions,design and other aspects are often changed to be more in line with movie/show and sometimes show characters become regulars in comics
>>
>>78336971
too bad that comics never really influence movies.
>>
>>78336830
tyrion lannister confirmed for avengers 4?
>>
>>78336885
AoS gets more views than any comic gets bought, it isn't unlikely more people know him from that. The problem is that they are basically two different characters.
>>
>>78335350
>why don't mutants help each other, at least?
because
> Marvel isn't going to change the status quo
>>
>>78337225
But Hellion and the likes aren't even popular. Nobody cares about their status quo because it doesn't exist. Since he lost his hands multiple writers did tons of contradictory things with him but for some reason nobody bothered to give him his hands back.
>>
>>78336085
that was the brilliance of claremont on his x-men run.
he made the enemies of the x-men those who would change the status quo to make it worse, either by flatscans enslaving/eliminating completely the mutants, or by the mutant enslaving/eliminating flatscans.
Periods of oppression of mutants like when the sentinels become a big thing and senator kelly rose to power, or timetravel stuff like DoFP were all attempts to change the statuss quo that the x-men had to stop or prevent.
But essentially he made it so that the x-men would win the day by defending the status quo.
The writers that came after him failed to understand that and changed the status quo to be one where the mutants are already oppressed and almost extincted, and the x-men ultimately fail.
>>
>>78337310
Claremont also set Shadow King as the ultimate X-Men nemesis and the reason that X-Men are still hated and feared. Also, he wanted to redeem Magneto.
>>
>>78337289
Dude's telekinetic and has robot hands, why does he need his fleshy hands back?
>>
>>78337385
I don't know but he never shuts up about that.
>>
>>78337331
that's not important.
the point is that he made defending the status quo result in the victory of the x-men, while following writers have made the x-men failing the new status quo.
that's why you have storylines like the legacy virus, he destruction of gensha, then decimation, then the terrigen mists.
>>
>>78337331
And he wanted to get Strife mindfuck Summers family and kick everyone out of X-Mansion.
>>
>>78337413
Which would be interesting as hell.

>>78337405
Claremont followed the illusion of change quota.
>>
>>78337431
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/secrets-behind-the-x-men/forbidden-tales-of-the-x-men
>They were going to evict Xavier and the others from the mansion and go public, pulling a Thunderbolts riff by branding the fugitive X-Men as criminals and portraying themselves as heroes.
>"I thought it would be fun, but editorially it didn't fly."
>>
>>78337455
Claremont always had some ideas for them. Even during his Nightcrawler run, he injected some interesting development. The X-Men have a huge tapestry of supporting cast, villains, and enemies, and most writers don't care about it.

And then, Morrison happened and resulted in a complete wreckage for X-Men.
>>
>>78337483
What did I read once, that Claremont was eternally upset for bringing back Cyclops and Jean to X-Men?
Mhm, Morrison wasn't that good on X-Men. Evil space bacteria alien and monster mutants... eh, I don't like it. And Quire.
>>
>>78337558
He wanted Cyke to retire and live a life normally.
The thing is, you also had Byrne, who was and still is a huge Cyke fan, so he wanted to keep him.
Later, when Jim Lee went on board, he wanted to bring Sentinels, Hellfire Club, Magneto back, while Claremont wanted to move on and bring some new threats and enemies. The thing is, Claremont is the kind of guy that tries best to collaborate with artists, instead of just saying them what they're supposed to.
>>
File: image.jpg (387KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
387KB, 900x1366px
Did you guys heart ?
Magik was an inhuman all along!
>>
>>78337609
Piotr looks ridiculous with a beard.
>>
>>78337582
>He wanted Cyke to retire and live a life normally.
So, what's part with Jean? He wanted Dark Phoenix Saga to be her story told once and for all?
>Later, when Jim Lee went on board, he wanted to bring Sentinels, Hellfire Club, Magneto back, while Claremont wanted to move on and bring some new threats and enemies
Did he write both X-Men Blue and Gold? I know that Blue had familiar villains while Gold had new/relatively unknown ones.
>>78337609
huehuehuehue.jpeg
>>
>>78337609
But that's a dream sequence. Honestly if anybody would be easy to retcon it would be her. iirc she magically aged up by the guy right? just say it was limbo magic.
>>
>>78337633
Claremont left early in X-Men #3. Then Byrne returned for a while to scrip next issues. Later Lobdell and Nicieza joined the fold

>So, what's part with Jean? He wanted Dark Phoenix Saga to be her story told once and for all?
There wasn't even supposed to be Dark Phoenix saga. Jean became Claremont's waifu, and he wanted to make her uber powerful. Byrne complained that the x-men became Phoenix and the X-Men and that she became mary sue powerful. So they made Dark Phoenix saga.
>>
File: 1446148030877.jpg (455KB, 782x676px) Image search: [Google]
1446148030877.jpg
455KB, 782x676px
>>78337609
>Magik was an inhuman all along!
We don't want her
>>
>>78337688
"We"? So there is more than 1 fan?
Or are you a schizo?
>>
>>78337686
>There wasn't even supposed to be Dark Phoenix saga. Jean became Claremont's waifu, and he wanted to make her uber powerful. Byrne complained that the x-men became Phoenix and the X-Men and that she became mary sue powerful.
Thanks for explaining, I'm not that much familiar with older comics.
I kniw that I wish Cyclops and Madelyne interact more. Wheb they saw each other last time, when she pretended to ve Emma and they had psychic quickie in middle of field?
>>
File: 1447982574029.jpg (422KB, 630x865px) Image search: [Google]
1447982574029.jpg
422KB, 630x865px
>>78337701
The joke was black bolt not wanting magik on their side
>>
>>78337760
>not wanting girl who counters Kang while you're looking for your son
>>
>>78337760
And the punchline was Black Bolt?
>>
>>78337810
>wanting a girl who almost destroyed universe to settle a grudge
>who can go demon crazy at a moments notice
>who doesn't have bangs anymore
>>
>>78337852
She looked stable enough for Strange to train her
>>
>>78337889
Has that come up since bendis? Also what is the deal with limbo I thought she absorbed it and dorammu. Is it still in her while the mutants are in it?
>>
>>78337933
Looks like. You KO Magik, demons invade school.
And no, Strange's lessons didn't appear again.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.