[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't fucking take this, man. I'm actually seething

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I can't fucking take this, man. I'm actually seething with rage. Fuck Silver, fuck the judges, and fuck Dredd for going along with it. Fuck the whole goddam system. I'd have rather died in the Atomic War than live under this.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
_-C.S. Lewis
>>
If you have a problem with a brutal authoritarian regime I'm surprised you made it very far reading Judge Dredd
>>
>>78306553
I'm hitting my limit. This might be the greatest cautionary tale on fascism I've ever seen. It's such a slow burn. Early on I was rooting for Dredd, happy to see him take down crime and clean up the streets. But things get darker and darker, and by the time you realize it, it's already too late.
>>
File: Judge-Dredd.jpg (158KB, 561x763px) Image search: [Google]
Judge-Dredd.jpg
158KB, 561x763px
Someone storytime please
>>
>>78306466
It's a bad idea to give Dredd that much power.
>>
>>78307018
But Dredd don't wan power at all.
>>
>>78306466
>“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
>_-C.S. Lewis

>cupidity
>ever satisfied
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh_gIxTitMM
>>
>>78307377
True, he just wants to follow the law.
>>
>>78306466
>>78306607
If you read Judge Dredd expecting a morality play then you have been severely misled.
>>
Dredd is more human and fallible in the modern era comics. He is still a hard ass but he will exercise discretion or a blind eye when he thinks it is appropriate. It wouldn't hurt to skip ahead to stuff like Origins and the Tour Of Duty arc if you're felling bogged down in the old B&W comics. They're good, but the modern stuff is a lot more interesting.
>>
>>78306466

Remember that Judge Dredd is nominally, at least satire.
>>
>>78306466
Yeah, the Judges can be real scumbags. But they're necessary scumbags. Democracy simply doesn't work in Mega City-1. I suggest you power on through, you'll slowly start to sway back in the Judges' favor.
>>
This stuff is exactly what I like about Dredd.
>>
>>78306607
that's how fascism takes root
first they came for
>>
>>78306466
There's a story called A Letter To Judge Dredd (or somethig a long those lines) you should read it later.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.