[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why was this show so perfect? and has there been anything of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: 25161311.jpg (78KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
25161311.jpg
78KB, 852x480px
why was this show so perfect? and has there been anything of comparable quality since?
>>
Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Young Justice, Green Latern: TAS.
>>
>>78304088
>wally eyes
>>
>>78304088
>why was this show so perfect?
Good writing
inb4 whining about paranoid Superman/Batman doing too much
>>
>Flash's face
You mean QUALITY?
>>
>>78304088

Brave and the Bold was better. It's amazing that a batman show can elaborate more on characters than a show like JLU.
>>
>>78304211
Most of the complaints about JL and JLU I've heard in that regard are that Superman is too weak and Batman too strong.

I believe there's a Justice League episode where they're all running training exercises and someone (possibly GL) asks superman why he always lets the enemy get a hit on him before doing anything. The answer is that Superman does the same thing Goku does and lets enemies get hits on him so he can learn their strength.
>>
>>78304386
I'm pretty sure it was something along the lines of "every hit i take is one you guys don't have to".
>>
>>78304315
That's because the BatB writers were genuine DCU fans whereas Timm and co were just Batman fanboys.
>>
Because Bruce Timm makes the best supes cartoons. Period
>>
>>78304088
The first and last seasons were very mediocre.
>>
>>78304149
>young justice
one of these things is not like the other, one of tgese things just doesn't belong
>>
>>78304657
Opinions
>>
>>78304683
>the light loses every time but goes fwafwafwafwa all according to Keikau
>do a timeskip to artificially create character development because you can't balance shitty narrative complexity and character development
>absolutely miserable grating characters and relationshit in Ms. Martian and Superboy, timeskip through Dick Grayson romance that probably would have actually been good
>Horrible characterization of Superman who doesn't help his clone (most unforgivable thing on the show IMO)
>Way too much JL stuff, show pretended the kids did "important Black ops missions" but it demonstrates that the league actually gave them bullshit busy work
>uncreative boring plot resolutions almost every episode
>Show generally lacks good fights especially the 1st season
Fuck off YJ fag
>>
It wasn't perfect, but it was very well-written.
Green Lantern TAS was on a similar level though
>>
File: Hereafter.webm (3MB, 720x386px) Image search: [Google]
Hereafter.webm
3MB, 720x386px
>>
i feel like EMH wanked less black panther and iron man than JL/JLU wanked batman.other than that and missing hal and artur in the main team, its pretty great.
>>
>>78304149
Earths mightiest sucked ass
>>
>>78304880
Based
>>
>>78304088
It's literally perfection

>>78304149
>Earth's Mightiest Heroes
the only good thing was the 2 episode finale even at that its not up to par with the Justice league
>Young Justice
is SJW/ YA garbage
>>
>>78304880
>No sign of the reddest one
Holy fuck, he straight up killed him
>>
>>78304857
>>Horrible characterization of Superman who doesn't help his clone (most unforgivable thing on the show IMO)
But he does.
>Horrible characterization of Superman who doesn't help his clone (most unforgivable thing on the show IMO)
Such as?
>Show generally lacks good fights especially the 1st season
Amazo fight, the teens fighting the JL, the Atlantis arc, Red Tornado stuff. Just off the top of my head.
>uncreative boring plot resolutions almost every episode
You can say that about JLU as well, it isn't really an argument.
>>
>>78305112
He was wearing it, Anon.
>>
>>78304149
>Green Latern: TAS

Literally Shipping: The Animated Series.
>>
Brave and the Bold
Spectacular Spider-Man
>>
Don't lie to me /co/, I tried to watch HELLO MEGAN and it was a pointless mess.

Is this Justice League cartoon REMOTELY as good as the wonderful, orderly, structured Green Lantern series?
>>
File: 1363497228384.png (682KB, 1150x1572px) Image search: [Google]
1363497228384.png
682KB, 1150x1572px
>>78305145
>Implying everyones true love wasnt neatly set out
>>
Young Justice was just as good. People who say otherwise are just being contrarian or prefer the one that came first/they grew up with for loyalty reasons.
>>
>>78304880
How were the wolves driving a car?
>>
>>78305263
One at the wheel, one on the pedals and one refusing to read the map or take directions
>>
>>78305196
>he didn't finish season one of YJ

Aw, man. I'm sorry, anon. You missed out on a lot.

>Is this Justice League cartoon REMOTELY as good as the wonderful, orderly, structured Green Lantern series?

Ignoring how much you're overrating GL, Justice League is good in its second, third, and fourth season. The first and fifth season were boring as fuck.

Also, the show is not as effective if you haven't seen previous DCAU shows.
>>
>>78304088
Why does supes look like a chink in this?
>>
>>78304149
>Young Justice

Its JUST tier
>>
>>78305117
Nah JLU has some cool resolutions
>Lexiac being the reason Lex no longer has cancer
>Captain Atom v Superman
>Amazo becoming a good guy
>Question v Lex
>>
>>78304088
Justice League: Gods and Monsters.
It was actually better
>>
>>78304088
>>78305565
Actually everything Timm produce is good
>>
>>78305117
>Superman only helps after the timeskip
addressed this concept already

No idea what you're talking about for the second thing

Post those fights please

agree with this >>78305539
>>
>>78304857
>>the light loses every time but goes fwafwafwafwa all according to Keikau

Most of time they either made the best from their losses or they didn't really matter in the long run. Would you prefer 80's cliches that throw tantrums and kill henchmen when things don't go their way?

>>do a timeskip to artificially create character development because you can't balance shitty narrative complexity and character development

Most of the character development took place within the show. Some of it is even extensions seeded in the first season, like M'gann's growing ruthlessness or Superboy and Superman's relationship.

>>absolutely miserable grating characters and relationshit in Ms. Martian and Superboy, timeskip through Dick Grayson romance that probably would have actually been good

So, you hate shipping, but want shipping?

>>Horrible characterization of Superman who doesn't help his clone (most unforgivable thing on the show IMO)

Heaven forbid that Superman acts in a human manner and takes some time to cope with the situation.

>>Way too much JL stuff, show pretended the kids did "important Black ops missions" but it demonstrates that the league actually gave them bullshit busy work

Did you even watch the show?

>>uncreative boring plot resolutions almost every episode

How? Don't be vague.

>>Show generally lacks good fights especially the 1st season

Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>78305539
>Lexiac being the reason Lex no longer has cancer

Lexiac was a retarded asspull. Even Timm admitted he created that because he made the conflict between the JL and Cadmus too morally ambiguous and needed a convenient bad guy to punch.
>>
>>78305687
Source on this? Not arguing, just interested.
>>
>>78305238

That bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I liked YJ but it's second season was somewhat of a mess (admittedly this is probably because of the abrupt cancellation)

and the fuckin' M'gann/Connor romance and characterisation of both characters was cringey as fuck.
>>
>>78304088
Breaking Bad is pretty good, OP.
>>
>>78304088

Thinking about this show as an adult made me realize just how well written it was. As a kid it was my favorite cartoon, but I appreciate just how much planning and how well the themes fit together relating to every super hero in the team and how they all contributed.
>>
File: 2975089-amazo_dcau_01.jpg (69KB, 849x1355px) Image search: [Google]
2975089-amazo_dcau_01.jpg
69KB, 849x1355px
is this the most broken animated comic character?
>>
>>78304088
>There will never be a better Green Lantern
Why even try?
>>
>>78308295
Yes, which is why they never used him again once he returned. You'd think he would've returned to do stuff but he never did.
>>
>>78304149
Batman: TAS, Justice League, Young Justice, Green Lantern: TAS, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, & Spectacular Spider Man are all series I've watched and enjoyed.

All of the series had great points and foul warts - I think the rose tinted glasses make people forget how crappy the first few episodes of Justice League: Unlimited really were.

I just really hope both companies (DC, Marvel) are willing to take a risk and make fresh attempts at quality animated series.
>>
>>78308490
Yeah me too. And I also wish some kind of 3rd party would take a swing at making some kind of decent superhero cartoon, doesn't have to be a comics company but just someone other than Marvel and DC trying to do a similar show with original characters maybe or something.

Hell, are there any superhero-based cartoons that weren't a comic first? Gargoyles I guess? Anything more recent?
>>
>>78304149
>Young Justice
Nice b8
>>
>>78308490
>I just really hope both companies (DC, Marvel) are willing to take a risk and make fresh attempts at quality animated series.

Beware the Batman was pretty good, but again CN gave it the boot.

DC is doing another Justice League series with a lot of familiar voice actors and writers from those shows. Marvel seems content to pander to the MCU, though.
>>
>>78308441
Well he is the most realistic of a fictional character built solely to git gud
>Sole goal is to get more powerful
>Get powerful
>That one asshole pissed me off
>Fly across the galaxy to ask why
>Maybe I should think my life over
>Spends his free time playing chess and shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>78304088
JLU is good, but it and Justice League both kinda suffered from a lot of the non Superman and Batman villains they used being written very poorly

>>78304857
don't forget Superboy and Kid Flash being outright pathetic in terms of power level(which contributed to the lackluster fights problem)

>>78305687
that's actually a good point(although I think Lexiac was handled pretty well overall), how would /co/ have resolved the JLU/Cadmus conflict without bringing in a convenient third party to beat up

>>78308441
apparently a cut scene in a later episode would have shown him sitting in space waiting for them to signal him to come back, and him wondering what's taking them so long
>>
>>78308441
He powered up Grundy for some reason and left immediately.
>>
>>78308742
excluding Japanimation and the French?
...damn, can't count Tiger & Bunny, Gatchaman Crowds, Yatterman, Miraculous Ladybug...

...Also, TMNT has been, for 3 decades now, that 3rd party

>Are there any superhero-based cartoons that weren't a comic first?...Anything recent?
-Supernoobs U-U
-Seth Meyer's The Awesomes
-Boyster
-Dream Defenders
-Ninjago
-Max Steel
-Randy Cunningham 9th Grade Ninja
-literally the two created by "Man of Action" = Ben 10 and Gen Rex
-frickin' SheZow
-WordGirl
-El Tigre
-Danny Phantom
-American Dragon
-Sushi Pack
-Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
-Power Puff Girls
>>
>>78308441
Dr. Fate had him learn the meaning of life son.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.