[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gentleman How would you save LOSH from being in perpetual limbo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Gentleman

How would you save LOSH from being in perpetual limbo?

I would go full on retelling of the origin and have the first few issues be just Lighting Lad, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy meeting the first first time, forming the Legion and meeting Superboy. Only then would you start reintroducing all the other members. This would have to be in its own self contained continuity given what a clusterfuck their current status is post nu52
>>
>>78304006
>How would you save LOSH from being in perpetual limbo?
Give them a new ongoing and have them go about business as usual. No bullshit, just straightforward Legion stories. Maybe have a spotlight issue every now and then.

>This would have to be in its own self contained continuity given what a clusterfuck their current status is post nu52
That's how the Legion should always be, and it's what made it great. Being in the future made it mostly separate and able to do its own thing.
>>
Hire Hickman to write and let him do whatever the fuck he wants and market the fuck out of it.
>>
>>78304006
LOSH is a relic of the past, they're better off gone. Nobody who isn't a virgin dinosaur likes them nowadays anyway.
>>
Do a Lemire and just pull all your favourite Legionnaires out of nowhere and put then on a team. Unlike Lemire, get someone who can write teams.

Parker/Shalvey would be a pretty awesome creative team
>>
>>78304156
His Brainiac 5 would be awful

>>78304243
>Parker/Shalvey would be a pretty awesome creative team
god yes
>>
>>78304156
As much as I like Hickman he is poor at characterization and with a cast as large as LOSH we would only get a small hand full of characters with the majority being relegated to cameos.
>>
>>78304353
>hus brainy is just a copy of reed
>>
File: dreamy profile.jpg (196KB, 973x1427px) Image search: [Google]
dreamy profile.jpg
196KB, 973x1427px
Honestly I'm kinda surprised LOSH hasn't stayed afloat on the strength of its waifus alone
>>
No reboot, use the Lemire idea of combining rosters across all the boots with the Retroboot setting, and just fucking tell some future cosmic stories
>>
>>78304006
Starting over is boring. The only way I see out of the mess is just not giving a fuck. Don't waste time explaining character x is from the pre-post-zero-crisis Legion of earth-whatever. Just use who you want to use.
>>
>>78307329
One other thing, make them actual teenagers. Retroboot was marketed as Young Justice but it was all adults with kids talking about their recent divorce. It was weird.
>>
File: 193702-144465-saturn-girl.jpg (36KB, 332x600px) Image search: [Google]
193702-144465-saturn-girl.jpg
36KB, 332x600px
>>78306034
Seriously. The Legion has some of the best girls. It's kind of surreal how there's so little of that sort of following of it.

You have to work to find the small amount of decent fanart there is.
>>
>>78304228
I may be a dinosaur by 4chan standards (26), but the second part isn't true.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.