[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Under Bendis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 14

File: 4338641-deck.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4338641-deck.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
I think it's becoming clear at this point that his man is gunning for the biggest of leagues at Marvel. It's quite possible he's next in line after Quesada and he has the credentials to sway things into his favor. Shows based on his properties, dozens of successful comics, and name recognition.

What will Marvel be like with him in charge? Will there be a solid gold Kitty Pryde statue at the head office?
>>
>>78300995
Where is the pasta
>>
Marvel under Bendis?
>>
>>78301043
Marvel? The comic book company?
>>
File: hail hydra.jpg (37KB, 510x380px) Image search: [Google]
hail hydra.jpg
37KB, 510x380px
>>78300995
>What will Marvel be like with him in charge?

Bendis's WILD RIDE
>>
>>78301024
Which one?
Guardians of the Galaxy is fucking awesome. I cant even fathom the amount of shit it's getting on /co/

Its just like the movie, which got good reviews, and its one of the highest selling comics in the world right now and for good reason

>b-but its not MUH GUARDIANS!
lol fuck off. Nobody cared or knew who they were before the movie. Consider actually having fun once in your life, thats what the run is, fun. Since when is NOT MUH a valid criticism? They're basically taking the gotg name and making it something better, there's nothing wrong with that.

Its basically the exact same for Kitty Pryde. Reinventing a C-list character into a badass renegade which is also selling well and everyone is enjoying it aside from you /co/ntrarians. Why is that exactly?
>>
It will be exactly the same as it is now but Kitty Pryde will be in every single book, on every single team, cucking every single man.
>>
>>78301024
Or
Secretly everyone is a Bendis fan. Sure people here like to feel they have superior taste by calling him shit, hack or whatever they want. They feel better knowing their current indy darling is way better than the top dog at Marvel because it somehow validates the comics they are reading and that's fine.

And yeah the things people complain about Bendis are true as well. He likes to write for trades with slow pacing arcs and his characteristic dialogue. Not to mention putting the stories over any kind of continuity fans want to be acknowledged.

But it's also true that what he does is exactly what Marvel needs. He actually puts some effort in trying to change and advance these characters. You people always criticize his changes because you don't want your characters to advance that fast. Maybe if a change is teased and slowly build then in ten years you will accept it but Bendis doesn't have ten years. He wants to move forward himself not wait until his grandsons do the job for him. You hate him for that but it's what Marvel need. His stories also appeal to the readers. He writes what they want to read. Compare Guardians of the Galaxy against Inhumans. Both had the same number of variants but Bendis still won because he writes the team of Guardians people are interested in reading, accuse him of waifuing or whatever but people accpeted Kitty as Star-Lord because Bendis sold her to them in the first issue. He also put the Avengers on the map and some might say he did it by using gimmicks and events but he was the one who dared to pull these gimmicks and events, and they worked. People liked it. Bendis does know what people want. /co/ of course has other ideas, and most likely those ideas would send Marvel into bankruptcy again.

Bendis works, and /co/ loves him. All the hate messages are just the way they have to show their love.
>>
I think the x-men night be saved if Bendis becomes editor in chief, he clearly like the x-men and he will make writer use some forgotten characters....right ?
>>
>>78301079
>Which one?

The master of marvel one
>>
>>78301057
Book? The stack of pieces of paper, bound at the spine, and filled with words? Like books you read?

Bendis? This guy?

Books?
>>
>>78301113
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga, do you even know who your talking about? He's the master of Marvel, the king of comics, the future Editor-in-Chief. He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.

Sorry mate, but Bendis is the King of Marvel. Those on Team Bendis will guard any and all storylines created by Bendis, or expand on it. I mean look at this shit >>77869998

Once he finally runs Marvel, we will enter an era of Bendis continuity. As long as there's a franchise with a movie or TV show, it won't be safe from Bendis Continuity.

He' the future Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, and the other writers at marvel know it. The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.
>>
Something tells me that's what DC needs to sway the percentage to there favor
>>
>>78301190
Nice.
>>
>>78301192
DC needs Bendis?

Well too bad for them, he's a company man
>>
>>78301213
No for him to lead Marvel....Into a Gas Chamber
>>
>>78300995
>It's quite possible he's next in line after Quesada and he has the credentials to sway things into his favor.

Quesada has business qualifications. Bendis doesn't even have teaching qualifications as far as we know, despite the fact he teaches a writing class.

If you want to be EiC you don't get gladhanded into it by your buddies, you go up before the board and they interview you and decide whether you actually understand things like circulation and cost overheads and whether you can tell turnover from profit, and then they move on to complex questions like "how would you have averted the drop on our Q3 sales of legacy works" and "what do you intend to do to promote compliance with changes to the state and/or federal tax codes" and "do you understand that you basically need an MBA to run a company". Because if they don't ask those questions the mouse will eat them alive.

Even Stan Lee didn't get handed the top job. He got given a low-rank editing job by his uncle, then spent 20 years working his way up through the company as a manager. Bendis hasn't ever even edited anybody else. I'm not even sure he ever edited himself. Bendis had already spent 20 years in comics when Quesada stepped down, and he didn't get it then. He's never going to; Alonso will be there for another five years at least. I'd be surprised if that fat fuck is still breathing without an oxygen tank five years from now. He looks like standing up is hard work. I mean seriously, Bendis looks like you imagine Slott should.

>>78301103
Forgotten characters like Goldenballs and Kitty Pryde?
>>
>>78300995
Do you mean Editor in Chief? Because Axel Alanso has been Editor in Chief for a few years now.

Or do you mean he's to be Chief Creative Officer like Quesada? I don't know if Bendis is a CCO kind of guy. He doesn't seem to really care about making a consistent product, he cares about making a personal product.
>>
>>78301096
Bendis is shitposting on /co/ again.
>>
>>78301239
>I mean seriously, Bendis looks like you imagine Slott should.

kek
>>
>>78301259
CCO seems like the job Bendis would want. I would love to see him get rejected and run to DC.
>>
>>78300995
Kitty Pryde
Kitty Pryde's Avengers
Luke Cage's Avengers
X-Menumans
Kitty Pryde & The Guardians of the Galaxy
Jessica Jones Is Bestest

Vision, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, and Hawkeye will all die, but not before being portrayed as baby-killing psychos and being utterly trashed.
>>
Is it just me or are more than half the posts in this thread pasta?
>>
>>78301462
Bendis is a meme writer, plain and simple. I don't mean liking him is a meme, I'm talking about how Bendis is the only writer to have given birth to so many memes. 2-3 copypastas, Bendispeak, exploitables, dancing gifs, self inserting, pure waifufagging, and now he has entered /tv/. Don't forget the maximum overshilling Bendis gets here.

Most boards have something to their name. /v/ has Katawa Shoujo and GG, /a/ has nardo and defeated mods twice, /tv/ created a monster of a meme that entered reality, /fit/ managed to get creatine blamed for Supreme Gentleman and has birthed LONDON, and /pol/ is the gift that keeps on giving.

This board will be known for /co/mblr, and Bendis.
>>
I don't know if Bendis would want to be EiC. It's a totally different sitch from being the top writer. Just because you like being able to throw your weight around creatively doesn't mean you want to be in charge of managing the other creatives.
>>
Bendis Teaches Writing:

1. Promoting your Waifu
2. Eliminating Actually Popular Characters to make way for your Waifu
3. Character Assassination: Push That Bitch Over The Moral Event Horizon
>>
File: Slut hahahaha.gif (152KB, 228x260px) Image search: [Google]
Slut hahahaha.gif
152KB, 228x260px
>>78301524
>Muh Guardians
>Muh X-Men
>>
>>78301395
>A chief creative officer (CCO) is the highest ranking position of the creative team within a company. Depending on the type of company, this position may be responsible for the overall look and feel of marketing, media, and branding associated with the organization. The CCO may also be charged with managing, developing, and leading the team of creative directors, art directors, designers, and copywriters.

You know, you're right. I don't think he would be half bad at it. Say what you will about his writing, but I've never seen him paired with an artist that detracted from his work.
>>
Bendis has pissed off way fucking too many people at Disney to get the EiC spot. Disney will veto it outright since he's pissed off Feige and Heinberg, the later of which is FAR FAR FAR more valuable in terms of shows and money made, than anything Bendis could show as far as profits.

Bendis will bail from Marvel, take my word on it. He's at the glass ceiling and Iron Man flopping as hard proves it.

He'll go to DC in two-three years, as soon as he can convince DC to give him Batman and Legion of the Super-Heroes, which Bendis would probably want simply for the ego of making Legion a Top Ten book after years of mediocrity.
>>
File: 1406397638147.jpg (539KB, 1020x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1406397638147.jpg
539KB, 1020x1500px
We will never, ever get something this good again.
>>
>>78301665
Batman Bendis would sell more than Snyder's run, despite being an atrocity in writing.
>>
>>78301698
Bendis' Batman would be great as long as he's not allowed to write anyone from the Bat-family but Batman himself.
>>
I'm still kind of baffled at how hard Bendis' writing skills fell. I had next to no interest in Spider-Man until I read his take with the character in Ultimate and I felt that it was amazingly good, if not stellar

What happened? Is it just burn out or was the book secretly ghostwritten by someone else?
>>
>>78300995
Everyone will be jewish, even Matt Murdock will be celebrating Hanuka
>>
>>78301822
>misspelling hanachuh
bad goy
>>
>>78301723
Batman?
THE Batman?
>>
>>78301698
Hard to say. It worked well for Avengers (because at the time people were only starting to get tired, but he was picking up new readers) and maybe GOTG (attention from movie) but it didn't really work for X-Men and Iron Man didn't exactly have increases like his other stuff.

Batman is a big franchise and could play to Bendis' strengths but him doing well on street-level stuff is not exactly a guarantee anymore. Also assuming he gets on that book years later we don't know how well his books will be doing between now and that point. There's like a difference between putting John Byrne on a book in the 80's and putting John Byrne on a book in the 00's, you know.
>>
>>78301849
sorry rabbi
>>
>>78301665

I don't think DC would just hand over Batman to someone like Bendis. I mean, he's only got all this shit from Marvel because of the pity train.
>>
>>78301876
THE Batman. The Dark Knight.
>>
>>78301899
>Bendis goes to DC
>writes some D-list monthly
>shit sales
>leaves the company
>kills himself
>himself?
>whoseself?
>him, you know, Bendis
>Bendis kills himself?
>Yes, he kills himself.
>He kills himself.
>Yeah.
>>
>>78301524
Bendis' teaching for advanced students
>Padding and Meandering:The Key to a successful year long arc
>Anti-Climax: the perfect bow on any story
>Decent Ideas and how to squander them
>>
>>78301788
>What happened?

Nothing happened. He's as good as he ever was. Stop listening to /co/. Of course they're gonna lose their shit literally every time a new issue of one of his books comes out. It doesn't matter WHAT he writes. As soon as /co/ sees the first page of it they're gonna scream that he doesn't know anything about Marvel continuity and that his dialogue is obnoxious.
>>
>>78302031
Sounds like damage control.
>>
>>78302006
>>78301993
>>78302031
kek
>>
>>78302067
>damage

What damage? His books are selling pretty well. The only thing damaged by his writing is certain people's emotions
>>
>>78300995
>im taking the Bendis is shit meme to heart
-The Post Edition
>>
>>78301524
>Eliminating Actually Popular Characters to make way for your Waifu
>Popular Characters
I seriously hope you are talking about Iron Man.
>>
>>78301922
DC is desperate and look at what they let Synder get away with.

But there would be some quid pro quo. DC demanding Bendis revive the Legion or Brave and the Bold (so they can let Bendis revamp other characters).
>>
>>78301079
>Nobody cared or knew who they were before the movie.
Just because you didn't know who they were before the movie doesn't mean there are people out there that are fans of said group.
>>
>>78302257
>responding seriously to a pasta.
Goddamn, you are an idiot. Go do the world a favor and drink bleach.
>>
File: Hahano.gif (498KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
Hahano.gif
498KB, 300x222px
>>78301190
>someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.
You really believe this will happen? Hell, we still haven't gotten a Dick Grayson Batman on any screen yet let alone any other legacy characters with a new identity behind the mask/helmet/etc.
>>
>>78302031
This. Bendis haters should stop being butthurt about their waifus not being the one and leave. You don't even pay for Bendis books so the only thing you waste is time that you could use doing something productive instead of bitching on an anonymous board about a writer that you can't stop.
>>
>>78302324
Why is this thread so full of morons?
>>
>>78302240
Snyder gets away with more because his Batman sells better and has been doing so at a reasonably consistent basis.
>>
>>78302324
Dick Grayson isn't a nigger of color in the current year.
>>
>>78302351
Morons? This thread?
>>
>>78302331
>>78302100
>>78302031
That's some desperate damage control.
>>
>>78302290
>Being this bootyblasted about it.

Okay.
>>
File: 1414523286242.png (9KB, 800x362px) Image search: [Google]
1414523286242.png
9KB, 800x362px
>Bendis becomes chief Editor
>Bendis cannot into continuity so he relaunches the Marvel line to have story before continuity a la DCYou
>it's completely successful
>>
>>78302386
Damage control of what? Bendis is winning.
>>
File: 1429745301169.png (49KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1429745301169.png
49KB, 200x200px
>>78302386
>damage
Again, what's damaged? Aside from your feelings
>>
>>78302428
>>78302452
See? Desperate damage control.
>>
>>78302499
Ok
>>
>>78301553
>Muh guardians
>Muh X-men
>Muh Avengers
>Muh favorite character that isn't yours the person posting MCU reaction images

Your time will come. Then you will see.
>>
>>78302499

Do you even actually know what that term means? Or do you just spam that at everyone you don't agree with?
>>
>>78302565
>Or do you just spam that at everyone you don't agree with?

Oh you mean like spamming pro-Bendis pasta? I guess you would know a lot of about spamming something at everyone you don't agree with.
>>
>>78300995
Said it before but Bendis does too much outside of Marvel to be EiC. Brevoort is probably still next in line. Maybe Lowe or Amanat.

Alonso or Wacker would replace Quesada if he were stepping down as Chief Creative Officer.
>>
>>78302592

At least the pasta made an effort to defend the original poster's position or something, instead of spamming a fucking rhetorical meme like a broken record

"Damage control" doesn't make any sense, since Bendis hasn't destroyed anything or caused any loss. Other than some sentimental attachment that some people have to Guardians of the Galaxy
>>
>>78302652
Yep, now you're getting defensive of your inept damage control.
>>
>>78302652
Stop getting memed on you thin skinned retard.
>>
>>78302674
Am I speaking with an 8-year-old?
>>
>>78301259
I think CCO might be more likely. Isn't that Geoff Johns' job? I don't recall Johns being an editor. He was intern and production assistant to Richard Donner before being a comics writer.

Other EiCs were usually editors before becoming EiC. Quesada used to run Event Comics and oversee Marvel Knights. And Jim Lee oversaw Wildstorm before he sold it to DC and eventually became co-publisher.
>>
>>78302709
Why, because you need someone on your emotional wavelength?
>>
>>78302878

>I'm secretly ass-blasted as fuck about Star-Lord and Iceman
>>
>>78302995
Why are you upset at Bendis over Star-Lord and Iceman?
>>
File: 1450415640722.png (106KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450415640722.png
106KB, 300x400px
>>78301493
Typical anti-Bendis brigade. You guys are the worst of the worst. Always crying because Marvels best writer is reinvigorating comics with his top selling stories. I bet you guys are the same idiots crying about the X-men too. Well too bad, his X-men run is highly praised everywhere else like reddit, and will go down as one of the best. Issue 600 took old and boring characters and reinvigorated them into a new progressive age. You guys need to catch up instead of staying stuck in the past.

And there is nothing you can do to stop the Bendis train, lol.

(the other pastas aren't as effective without a bendis or waifu pryde image honestly)
>>
>>78301304
Meanwhile Slott looks like the stereotypical mouth breathing basement dwelling socially inept geek.

>>78301402
>X-Menumans
Do they go around handing out menus to people?
>>
>>78301899
>but him doing well on street-level stuff is not exactly a guarantee anymore
Why did he think it was a good idea to turn Moon Knight into a one-man Avengers team? Why did anyone think that was a good idea?
>>
>>78303640
He probably thought it because it was a way to tie into two popular characters with Moon Knight. Remember that Avengers did well once he had Spider-Man and Wolverine on it.
>>
>>78301096
I never liked Bendis before /co/ and /co/ actually made me hate him more.
>>
File: 1448917003212[1].jpg (2MB, 1310x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1448917003212[1].jpg
2MB, 1310x1043px
>>78304995
Brian Michael Bendis is a gateway writer of the worst kind. He's a bad storyteller, with a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive double pages and WORDS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the writer himself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of his core make him a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable tumblr faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look smart, the unending Bendisspeak, boring personalities, the whole quipping faggotry and everything about his stories fuels their escapist fantasies, while the retconned character backgrounds, emphasis on his waifus, and overall preachiness of the writer make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average redditor and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes redditors and tumblr retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Bendis is basically THE writer to attract the most hated comicbook fanbase known to /co/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to shitpost the fuck out of this writer and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Bendis thread (excpet for story times so we can see the trash for what it is) ever encourage /co/mblr to show their faces here.
>>
>>78304995
different story for me, /co/ made me love Bendis
>>
>>78305533
I never noticed bendis speak before /co/ now I can't unsee it. Also his waifuism is doubly grating now that I can see the signs of it.

>>78305232
waiter I ordered fresh pasta.
>>
>>78305615
Bendis speak?
>>
As someone who liked every member who had been unfortunate enough to be on the West Coast team.

Bendis has been on a cancer on the characters I loved.
>>
>>78305860
bendis speak.

you know a speaking style that a writer, this bendis guy, writes his characters with.
>>
>>78307201
His style? The one Bendis writes his characters with?
>>
>>78307353
is there another writer named bendis?

yes his style.

the style called bendis speak.
>>
>>78307646
Bendis speak? The Style?
>>
>>78300995
You guys know that it is very likely he will be doing Annihilation 3 right? He is planning an upcoming Cosmic Event and setting Annihilus as a big bad in his current comic for a future story.
>>
>>78309585
It wouldn't surprise me, he's still a "big" name and he said something recently about how his and Marquez's timeliness on Iron Man might've been a consideration for putting them on Civil War 2.
>>
>>78302257

He literally responded to someone asking where the copy/paste was, man.
>>
>>78302324

My man, come on, get it together. >>78309810
>>
>>78309636
I think he also said that before they went with him they asked Millar if he wanted to come back and write Civil War II and Millar said No, of course seeing how he had a bad time with Civil War and the fact that he's incredibly succesful with his comics and said comics being adapted to movies I don't see why he would want to work for the Big 2 again (unless the WB offers him a script for a stand alone Superman movie).

Also isn't having the Iron Man writer write a Civil War 2 story about Iron Man vs Cap kind of already making the story biased towards Iron Man? Because Bendis does tend to be biased with characters that he likes and then there is the fact that it's Sam and Bendis doesn’t care about Sam that much (so expect Falcon Cap to get shit on, even by Steve). Also Tony is the Marvel Comics darling and superstar so I don't see him getting demonized like in the original Civil War.

I mean AvX was so biased towards the Avengers and we only got the X-Men getting some win points in Gillen's Uncanny X-Men.
>>
>>78309899
Oh good, I thought Millar had been persona non grata for working with Fox. Marvel asking him to write the sequel sounded like they still wanted him to do stuff.

And yeah I think that if he can get his comics made into movies he might as well since Marvel and DC can only go so far up until you fall out of favor with the buying audience.
>>
>>78300995
I fucking love Bendis.
Haters are idiots.
Can't wait till Powers Season 2
>>
Bendis just tried sending himself an anonymous compliment on tumblr, got caught and said that it was an error and said it was a non existing tumblr user who sent it to him, lol.
>>
>>78310141
Got a pic of the incident
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-19-22-48-11-1.png (123KB, 1012x744px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-19-22-48-11-1.png
123KB, 1012x744px
Lol /co/ you're so salty.
>>
>>78310141
No the person who sent him backed it up, I mean he has an ego (he loves compliments and praises on his tumblr and he excells at selling himself and while he says thay Diamonds' lists means nothing he will refer to them if his comics did good as a sign of success) but he's not as crazy or pathetic like /co/ wants people to think because /co/ has an axe to grind.
>>
>>78301239
>Forgotten characters like Goldballs
He is a Bendis OC that debuted two years ago, and he only got his nickname this year.
>>
>>78310523
He was being sarcastic.
>>
>>78301239

Bendis can barely type legible english, he'd never be able to edit anyone else's work.
>>
>>78301239
Bendis won't get out of writing anyway he has a comfty position just were he is and he shall remain there as long as he has friends in higher up positions ( Brevoort, Quesada, and Alonso are buddies with him).

Why do you think Greg Land gets work in Marvel and not so much at DC? He is friends with Quesada and their families know each other and Quesada said that as long as he worked in Marvel that Land would continue to get work to support his family.

Also besides Powers (which he struggled to get out when he was a starving writer) what other thing has Bendis done of note without Marvel's help and support?

If Perlmutter for whatever reason would go and change management at Marvel, the moment Bendis pissed off one of them he would be fucked, I would love to see him deal with someone like Shooter.
>>
File: bendisdrop.png (96KB, 203x365px) Image search: [Google]
bendisdrop.png
96KB, 203x365px
>>78303279
>>
File: All New Bendis Men.jpg (54KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
All New Bendis Men.jpg
54KB, 500x282px
>>
>>78310840
Can you fix the edges around the ball? Looks more square than round.
>>
>>78310868
Hawt
>>
>>78310973
BendisxBendis is pleb-tier. BendisxSlott is patrician ship.
>>
>>78301103
He created some forgettable characters, yes.
>>
>>78310040
Speaking of Powers Season 2 I love how the trailer tries to ride on the success of the Jessica Jones Netflix show by putting "From the creator of Jessica Jones" and technically he did make the character but it makes people believe he made the show when he had nothing to do with it and they probably expect Powers to be like it.
>>
>>78301698
>I am the night!
>Damian chirps in: You're the night?
>Yes, the night.
>Like, not day?
>Day?
>You know, it has Sun.
>Sun, what's Sun?
>>
>>78310998
Dare you to produce some BendisxSlott tbhat is as beautiful as this >>78310868

protip: you can't
>>
>>78311029
>they probably expect Powers to be like it.
Five episodes worth of plot spread throughout a 13 episode run?
>>
>>78301899
>but he was picking up new readers
And that has zero connection to putting Spidey and Wolverine on team?
>>
>>78301239
>Bendis doesn't even have teaching qualifications as far as we know, despite the fact he teaches a writing class.

As someone who's been to a few classes, he is a pretty bad teacher.
>>
>>78311068
It might take a little while but I'll give it a shot. You like feederism fetish stuff?
>>
>>78301899
Didn't work for X-Men because not even the X-Men fans liked his crap and X-Men #600 sold good because it got hyped, variants, and people wanted to see how this trainwreck ended.

There's a reason why Bendis bailed on the X-Men faster than he does on his usual Marvel projects.
>>
>>78311135
OMG I'll take anything, just do it!

>>78311131
I kind of figured from watching his TED talk presentation and watching a video of him trying to advertise POWERS to the Playstation nerds, he's not good when it comes to talking in front of an audience.
>>
>>78301524
Don't forget!

4. Disregard all prior works.
>>
File: Untitled.png (34KB, 886x495px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34KB, 886x495px
>>78310169
>>
>>78311135
Please don't. The Bendis pastas, the Bendis speak, the Bendis character in comics, and the Bendis shilling is already too much. We don't need to add Bendis fetish... pls.
>>
>>78311075
>Five episodes worth of plot spread throughout a 13 episode run?

DECOMPRESSION
>>
Bendis is a hack, but he's also responsible for one of Daredevil's best runs and Jessica Jones comics... despite the Bendis speak getting fucking retarded here and there. Most of the other runs he's had have been mediocre.
>>
>>78311131
>As someone who's been to a few classes, he is a pretty bad teacher.

Well that's disappointing.
>>
>>78311401
Shut up
>>
>>78302324
Can someone tell me what's wrong with Miles role in the Marvel Universe? He's being portrayed as a responsible, mature and caring teenager in a way Peter hadn't been portrayed since well, never. He's also showing his skills as a leader, something Peter never got to do in a serious way with the X-Men or Avengers (Slott portrayal of leadership was laughable like that issue where Norman comes back).

Is it because he wasn't created by Stan Lee or Peter David back in the day? Miguel was a forgotten C-list character that never got the spotlight in the franchise he was created after the 90s ended, just like all the other Spider-men were. Ben Reilly was not like Iron Man or Captain Marvel who are A and B list respectively. His only role in Spider-man books outside of the clone saga was always that of the partner or the sidekick, he was never an important character until now and conversely his most important stories always happened to be in death. I bet Stan Lee would not have had any problem with using Miles if he was allowed.

So why the hate for Miles? I don't understand.
>>
>>78312144
Is this a new pasta?
>>
>>78301788
He's got a very specific wavelength where the stories are generally good, Police Procedurals and Street Level Capes.

But keeps on going outside of that wavelength for god knows what reason.
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.