[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 18

File: latest[1].jpg (64KB, 416x467px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
64KB, 416x467px
JUST
>>
>>78289316
So based on eveything I heard about this guy is sounds like a Gary sue

Prove the sayings wrong
>>
>>78289338
Nowadays people keep using Gary Stu/Mary Sue for interchangeably for competant/badass.

It doesn't matter that it make the sotry bad or or good., as soon as a character is too good people go "oh it's a mary sue, therefore, he is bad" regardless of how it is integrated in the story or how the character is used.

It has come to the point that when someone complain about "mary sue", I disregard the opinion.
>>
>>78289355
>It has come to the point that when someone complain about "mary sue", I disregard the opinion.
I've been doing that for years.
>>
>>78289355
>for competant/badass.
But even that needs a limited. Which I don't feel from this guy
>>
>>78289316

STUDY
>>
>>78289316
>JUST
Can someone explain this meme to me?
>>
>>78289412
Another unfunny forced meme from /tv/
>>
>>78289338
He dies because he overlooks something important, so no, he's not.
>>
>>78289412
There's a picture of a guy with an awful haircut and it's imagined that he went to the barber and said "just fuck my shit up senpai" with the reply of "say no more."
>>
>>78289427
I read that he died because his bodyguard betrayed him, because he promised the bodyguard that he would fix his planet and people when in reality he made them weak and sick to keep them bound to the empire.

Give me more dirt, more flaws.
>>
>>78289441
Also something to do with Brendan Fraser.
>>
>>78289392
The guy end up loosing. So he was limited.

He over-estimed the allegiance of one of the species working for him and the moment one of his plan didn't work exactly as planned, he lost his cool that brief moment of unstability costed his life.

His loss come that he simply wasn't used to defeat or not get things as he had planned.

You can see this character as an indestructible glass wall that completely shatter the moment a crack appear.

>But even that needs a limited.
Badass character that never lose can be quite fun to write with. Though they work better in cartoonish setting ( like Red Dwarf) than realistic one.
>>
>>78289494
No, he actually died because he insulted his species. That's all.
>>
>>78289721

It's kind of obvious that Thrawn depends on the predictability of things to follow his basic assumptions.

While it makes him a great military leader, he's not quite prepared for spontaneous, individual action.

You see this in his whole thing about art. He makes sweeping judgements of an entire species' basic instincts and collective consciousness based on the characteristics of their respective arts. But he is taken by surprise when people don't act in the way he's logically predicted, even if he's otherwise right 90% of the time.
>>
>>78289494
Yes his bodyguard betrayed him. But it made sense. Basically he used a species that Vader kept around for assassinations as his bodyguard. And for assassinations. They were exception at both these roles.

However they were loyal to Vader, and he utilised that loyalty under the premise that he would fulfill the promise Vader made to them. That promise was that Vader would restore their planet over time that was impacted by a disaster from an Imperial starship crashing there during a battle. In return for doing this they had to pledge allegiance to Vader. However being Vader, instead of saving the planet he gave them poison grass that would propagate itself, saying that would actually fix things over time. It did the opposite but they didn't know that.

Later on Thrawn sends one to kill Leia. But it figures out she is the daughter of Vader. She manages to turn them after figuring out the grass thing and that Vader betrayed them. And during the final battle with Thrawn his personal bodyguard back stabs him. But Thrawn takes this like a man and compliments the act as being well played before he dies.

Thrawn was an interesting character beyond his crazy level of tactical genius. Despite being a xeno, he was loyal unto death to the oaths that he made to the Empire. He wanted it restored even though it would never recognise him as an equal or superior. There was a reason that the Emperor made him a secret Grand Admiral. And that was because he was amazing at his job, and more loyal than many of his other officers. If the Emperor let Thrawn handle the Rebellion, there wouldn't have been a Rebellion.
>>
And this is here and not on /tv/ because...
>>
>>78290350
> depends on the predictability
> makes him a great military leader
Nah, makes him a great peace-time military leader, but in a real fight he would have to deal with unknowns and even unknowns he didn't know are unknown. "No strategy survives contact with the enemy." It's like that middle-east wargames competition where all of the American big brass got fucking owned because the mercs that were playing as insurgents were using merchant vessels and one-man boats packed with guns and explosives -- all that naval doctrine was useless against something that the naval command never thought of as battle-worthy.

Classic empire arrogance, just like at the Battle of Yavin how Imperial forces expected their weapons platform to be attacked by capital ships, not single-man interceptor craft, and they got fucking owned there too.
>>
>>78289316
GOAT character desu
I really want to see him appear in Rebels. Its sad that the best thing about the EU never got to shine in anything but books.
>>
>>78289338
Nigga who isnt a Gary Stu in star wars
>>
File: Untitled.png (321KB, 416x467px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
321KB, 416x467px
I don't know why I did it.
>>
>>78290742
I like it honestly. The Chiss are supposed to be like arayans but blue skinned and red eyed. Not that your edit is quite Arayan but its neat nonetheless.
>>
>>78290742

Is he supposed to look like hugh laurie?
>>
>>78290689
The Blu Elephant guy who plays music.
>>
>>78289338
he's not a gary stu based on the simple fact that he's an antagonist and not a protagonist. If your stories were about
>there's this guy, he's super strong, he defeats everybody without breaking a sweat and then at the end he wins a monster truck
and that's what the entire story is about then that would be a bad writing. That's not how the Thrawn stories work, though. Instead, the stories are about how a small, weak group of characters (Luke, Leia and Han) manage to DEFEAT this big impossible monster of a villian. The focus is entirely different and accordingly the story needs to be treated differently as well.
>>
File: mkEP0o9.jpg (153KB, 500x623px) Image search: [Google]
mkEP0o9.jpg
153KB, 500x623px
>>78289441
>>78289516
Around the same time some unflattering photos of Brendan Fraser emerged, along with the news he was claiming poverty in divorce court.
This was only because doctors advised Fraser to stop doing his own stunts following a back injury, and he filed to pay less alimony because his total potential income had decreased. His existing divorce agreement allowed him to do this.
Of course, /tv/ hates the very concept of alimony, so they ran with the idea that being expected to pay alimony destroyed Fraser's life.
>>
>>78290654

The thing is most of the time his predictions are correct because he logically deduces how his opponents are likely to act. He also was open to the suggestions of others. He didn't presume to be correct, but he was an educated guesser.

Thrawn's successes were owed to his attention to every detail, to the point where he even took the species' artistic traditions into account that he was nearly unstoppable. That's the thing about the whole art shit. It was meant to show just how much information he processed in order to devise a strategy.

So I don't think your analogy really works, because American middle east power games are based on faulty assumptions based on American arrogance and misinformation. Thrawn was neither arrogant and he was careful with what information he accepted as fact. When I say he depends on predictability, I meant that he depends on his opponents falling into certain logical patterns, but because Thrawn takes so much into account and is not usually caught off guard and can easily notice when he's being baited, not to mention he has just a lot of experience under his belt, he is seldom taken by surprise by anything anyone can throw at him.
>>
>>78290912
And to be fair here he was taken completely off guard by the fact that the Noghri would switch sides like that. Ultimately in the end they were still being loyal to Vader. He just didn't bank on them finding out that Leia was a Vader. I can't even remember if that was a widely known fact. So it is entirely understandable that he never accounted for that possibility.

Plus when it went down, he took it with class.
>>
>>78291006

>"But it was so...artistic."
>>
>>78290612
Because a) novels aren't /tv/ and b) The Thrawn Trilogy was adapted into comic form.
>>
>>78290612
I know about Thrawn solely thanls tot he Star Wars comics. It has more than its place here.

Also, the first Star Wars comics came out before the actual movie.
>>
>>78290612
Because this thread would be met with unlimited glib facsimiles. Seriously Ive been spending more time there and I had to leave because this dank meme from the Force Awakens.
>>
>>78290880
Jesus, WTF?! Is this unshopped? 'hell happened to him?
>>
>>78290512
IIRC the quote is something like "it was so artistically done". I was actually sad when Thrawn died.
>>
File: 1450454932843.png (117KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450454932843.png
117KB, 500x500px
>>78291273

>yfw Thrawn could have saved billions if not trillions from the onslaught of the Vong
>>
>>78291183

The new glib meme is pretty dank to be perfectly honest family
>>
>>78291338
Vong are the single worst things in star wars

It was worth removing Thrawn just to be rid of them in canon
>>
>>78291360
I really think the Yuuzhan Vong are the only reason some people are happy Legends is non-canon. But The Force Awakens led me to re-evaluate the merit of the Vong as a concept.

I'm actually sad we didn't get a chance to see them in Clone Wars. Hopefully Filoni will troll Disney by getting them in Rebels.
>>
wasn't he the dude that studied planets culture to make masterful counter plans.
>>
>>78291421
yep.
He was written in such a way that I had a very specific interpretation of his character. Like down to his posture at any given moment.
>>
>>78289410
ART
>>
File: AdmThrawnMB7.jpg (270KB, 959x1440px) Image search: [Google]
AdmThrawnMB7.jpg
270KB, 959x1440px
>>78291719

MOTHERFUCKERZ
>>
>>78289338
Timothy Zahn doesn't know how to write Gary Stus.
>>
>>78289494
Bodyguard betrayed him because he was Vader's successor, and it was Vader who lied to them about fixing the planet when the Empire was deliberately poisoning it. Thrawn was a scapegoat for revenge against a dead man.
>>
At the very least, Thrawn won't be fucked up by Disney into a incompetent fool.
>>
>>78292466
This. The Chiss will remain forever free of the impurity.
>>
>>78291360
>>78291411

People didn't like the Yuuzhan Vong? I thought they were alright. Validated the Empire, that's for sure.
>>
>>78289338
Well he's not a space wizard so yeah there's that.
>>
>>78292546
The Chiss are canon m84
Only a matter of time before they show up in something
>>
>>78292807

They were an excuse to overturn the status quo in the most hamfisted manner. Worst of all, they were allowed to live after committing genocide on a galactic scale.
>>
>>78292962

how exactly was their arrrival hamfisted?
>>
>>78290680
He was also in the Tie Fighter game
>>
>>78293302

and the comics
>>
>>78293302
And the Empire at war games
>>
>>78290612
it's not in any of the movies. It's from the EU comics that DArk Horse did in t 90's (and books, implying co reads books w/o pictures.)
>>
>>78289721
>The guy end up loosing.

What did he loose?
>>
>>78289316
Better than any of the shit Abrams and co. shit out.
>>
>>78293537
Yeah, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>78293323
I thought books kinda encompassed all kinds of print.
>>
>>78289338
He gets killed by his own bodyguards, doesn't he? Wait, were the nohgri his own guards?

Seems more Caesar-ey/Caligula-ey than Stewie.
>>
>>78289355
In fairness, Rey does feel like a Sue.

"chosen/special one"
abandoned orphan with super secret backstory
"I'm nobody"
super powers that just appear conveniently
good at everything (pilot, fighting, engineering, juryrigging, shooting, JEDI-ing)
everyone seems to like (BB8, Finn, Han, Chewie, Leia, etc)
etc etc etc
>>
>>78289316
Bro-tier and had best right hand man.
>>
>>78293230
>we are exactly the kind of thing that evolved to beat jedi
>>
>Thrawn will never penetrate your quivering defenses with the might of his great Chimera
>>
>>78294010

that's not really what happened.
>>
>>78293910

You know, some people call Anakin a gary stu, but despite being the "chosen one" he actually had to train and work hard, and he got his ass handed to him on more than one occasion for being cocky.
>>
>>78293456
>(and books, implying co reads books w/o pictures.)
I dare anybody here to open a thread about Star Wars on /lit/
>>
>>78290838
>he doesn't know about Max Reebo
>>
>>78293910
>"chosen/special one"
She is just akin to the force. nobody complained when that former stormtrooper ended up being an excellent shooter
>abandoned orphan with super secret backstory
I don't know if it's super secret. I only look like her parent sold her to slavery. being adopted doesn't make a Sue.
>"I'm nobody"
That doesn't make a Sue.
>super powers that just appear conveniently
She is akin to the force. And they don't appear conveniently, but because she is shown how to use them.
>good at everything (pilot, fighting, engineering, juryrigging, shooting, JEDI-ing)
She has been scavenging ship and knowing their in and out since she was a kid. It make sense that she is skilled. And most of her perk come from having an affinity with the force, just like the other guy
>everyone seems to like (BB8, Finn, Han, Chewie, Leia, etc)
They like her because she earned it. She always proved her strength before growing on them.
This is not what a mary sue is
>>
File: 1426474133829.jpg (573KB, 2088x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1426474133829.jpg
573KB, 2088x3000px
>>78291190
Here's the unshopped version. That's the other thing. /tv/ shopped a lot of pictures of Brendan Fraser to make him look even older, more tired, balder and and more miserable.
>>
Jesus I hope Episodes 8 and 9 aren't just "HEY REMEMBER THOSE OLD MOVIES. HEY REMEMBER THOSE? EH? EH?" like Force Awakens was.

Kylo Ren was like Elliot Rodgers with a lightsaber. Little shit's got Anakin's bitching routine down pat, so he already surpassed Vader in that regard.
>>
>>78294747

>She is just akin to the force.

What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
Funny. I just downloaded a shit ton of Dark horse Star Wars comics just as Obama wrote CISA into law and pretty much used Star Wars as a distraction.

Not that the Mouse gives a shit about Dark Horse books or comics piracy much in general compared to their movies and music.

A friend has been asking for suggestions and .cbr files of comics to read on his new tablet. I figured get him into some of the good old EU comics.
>>
>>78294863
It comes naturally to her.
>>
File: 1445712513778.png (383KB, 683x800px) Image search: [Google]
1445712513778.png
383KB, 683x800px
>you will never study art with THRAWN
>>
I really like Thrawn. He actually listens to his subordinates and gains their loyalty and respect. I would prefer his leadership over Sidious' tyranny or the chaotic politics of the New Republic. Thrawn is living proof that consolidated central oversight is a must. And you allow promotion based on merit like Thrawn despite being non-human.

I really wonder how Tarkin would've done had he survived ROTJ. Would Tarkin usurp power or work with Thrawn.
>>
>>78295102
Unless she's a Skywalker, that's retarded.
>>
>>78290742
So now it's Hux
>>
>>78295810
>>78295810
Except Hux is a little geek and Thrawn is a man's man.
>>
>>78289338
Well given that he's undone by his own backstabbing and hubris I'd say no he's not, in fact he gets his shit fucked up pretty bad in the end.
>>
>>78295545
>living proof

Well, no, not in any sense of the word
>>
>>78290880
>the mummy's curse
seriously what the fuck happened
>>
>>78295679
even the Skywalkers aren't that bad. Luke pretty much sucked at the force throughout most of the trilogy and Anakin had off screen training
>>
>>78295545
Most of Tarkin's career was riding on the success of the Death Star, if he'd lived he would've been force choked.
>>
>>78292807

How did the Vhong validated the Empire? The Empire would still get wrecked regardless.
>>
>>78295810

I loved Hux's permanent expression of "I can't decide if I'm scared of these space wizards or just fucking sick of their bullshit" throughout the movie.
>>
>>78295935
Anakin is literally a "chosen one" and the only human ever to be able to podrace at a competitive level as a TEN YEARS OLD.

Rey is just a good mechanic and pilot who know how to fight but doesn't know how to shoot. She's also 19 by then, older than Luke.
>>
File: 1450465289225.png (14KB, 927x655px) Image search: [Google]
1450465289225.png
14KB, 927x655px
>>78296107
>>
>>78295862
But Hux knew when it was time to go, unlike say Tarkin.
>>
File: I can't hold all these portions.jpg (43KB, 1423x589px) Image search: [Google]
I can't hold all these portions.jpg
43KB, 1423x589px
>One Half Portions
So what was the deal with that stuff? Was that like instant bread? Why trade for that instead of money? Seems kind of hard to get anywhere when all your scrap is being sold for insta-crap.
>>
>>78296045
The theory goes that Palpatine knew the vhong were coming and that the republic wouldn't be able to stop them. So he sets this grand plan in motion (clone wars, fall of the republic, ect) to establish the empire, build up a massive army and navy and a buncha super weapons (Death Stars, etc) for when the vhong eventually arrive.
>>
File: 1445401822352.jpg (132KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1445401822352.jpg
132KB, 400x400px
>Thrawn
Awful mary sue piece of garbage written in such a way that he is a literally invincible PREDICTS YOUR EVERY MOVE!!! bullshit character until the story doesnt want him to be anymore
>Mara Jade
A character endemic of every thing wrong with the depiction of Force users in the EU as arrogant, hypocritical, remorseless, and karmaless assholes free from any real consequences to their actions because their writers were too busy jerking off to them jumping around dueling and throwing out whatever random Force power they came up with that day. She flip flopped so often that the writers stopped bothering to change her lightsaber color. Nevermind that giving Luke a red headed girlfriend named Mary Jane is just asinine.
>Kyle Katarn
A literal self-insert everyman (read: boring as all fuck) created by the very people who would self-insert into him, as opposed to Luke. When a story called for a mid-to-high power Jedi to solve some problem, kill someone, and save the day heroically without any real threat to that character, and you cant write Luke into the story - then Kyle Katarn is the one to call! He's a Jedi that rides the line, dude!! Whoa did he just use lightning!? Nevermind that his moral 'conflicts range from deciding rather feed the puppy or follow the puppy back to its mothers den and eat their entrails. Damn, what drama!

The EU is shit......from a certain point of view.
>>
>>78297399
>Was that like instant bread
Yes and some other stuff
>Why trade for that instead of money?
Because food is lacking and the only one who has food is the one who will trade it for parts.
>>
>>78297399
JJ was just trying to start some ebin dank meme.
>>
>>78298018
Still better than what Disney shat out.
>>
Part of me wishes Disney would just take all of the name EU characters and reboot them into the past into their own continuity/containment line.

Have Mara, Kyle, Thrawn, Raven, Kir Kanos, the Vogn, etc all live a thousand years before ANH and build a new era of SW where they exist without the movie cast and be done with it. That way Disney can make money off of them and their fans without having to deal with people bitching about them being purged from canon.
>>
>>78298018
>Mara Jade
Also lets not forget
>The best assassin there was in the empire
>Very close to the emperor
>Yet somehow ends up marrying Luke and having his kids.
>>
>>78290880
>/tv/ hates the very concept of alimony

As should everyone
>>
File: 5569d9ebd6251_shia.jpg (31KB, 620x417px) Image search: [Google]
5569d9ebd6251_shia.jpg
31KB, 620x417px
>>78289316
>>
>>78291884
Except everything got blamed on Thrawn, Vader is still considered "good" by the Noghri and that's why they still refer to Leia as Daughter of Vader instead of her given name since that's how they can show that they revere her.
>>
>purge EU because it's terribly written fan fiction
>replace it with different terribly written fan fiction

Of course, in 5 years there are going to be kiddies posting here that claim Disney Wars is the greatest thing ever, better than the original trilogy.
>>
>>78298383
There already are, just look at the general.
>>
>>78298018

From my point of view, your opinion is shit
>>
File: 1450341028638.jpg (20KB, 330x293px) Image search: [Google]
1450341028638.jpg
20KB, 330x293px
>>78298546

that's probably because /tv/ keeps harassing all the Mickey drones.
>>
Is there a camrip out yet besides the spic one?
>>
>>78289316
>Of course, in 5 years there are going to be kiddies posting here that claim Disney Wars is the greatest thing ever

Obviously because of nostalgia. Let kiddies have their thing.
>>
File: 1392658767812.jpg (150KB, 1279x718px) Image search: [Google]
1392658767812.jpg
150KB, 1279x718px
>>78298681
>Let kiddies have their thing.

No.
>>
>>78295679
>>78295102
ALL the Jedi are akin to the force.

There is nothing retarded with it. if you aren't akin to the force, you are not a jedi. I just used "akin to the force" because you can be without being a Jedi. A sith is not a Jedi, yet he is akin to the force.

Someone who hasn't gone through the Jedi training isn't a Jedi yet, but is still akin to the force.
>>
>>78298383
>Of course, in 5 years there are going to be kiddies posting here that claim Disney Wars is the greatest thing ever, better than the original trilogy.

No one is fucking claiming that and anyone suggesting they are, are infatuated with hypotheticals. This is a moment thing.
>>
>>78298741
Do you mean attuned?
>>
>>78298778
>No one is fucking claiming that

#triggered

But really, unless VIII gets an overwhelmingly negative reception this is going to be MCU 2.0
>>
>>78298790
Yes, they are basically synonyms..
>>
>>78298859
>But really, unless VIII gets an overwhelmingly negative reception this is going to be MCU 2.0

Every movie after Iron Man got negative reviews and they still shitted them out.

Also you don't seem to know how a franchise work, the amount of shit they're selling because of these movies are more than reason to become MCU 2.0.

And hell, there's nothing wrong with MCU but normies. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>78298859
>But really, unless VIII gets an overwhelmingly negative reception this is going to be MCU 2.0

And....MCU is bad how? So far, they've released more entertaining movies than sucky ones. Which is fair.
>>
>>78298859
all of the MCU movies, no exception, are better than episode VII. your analogy doesn't make much sense.

I wish the trilogy could actually turn into MCU2.0, it would mean the movies are at least good.
>>
>>78298949
No they aren't you illiterate fuck.

>>78298979
>Every movie after Iron Man got negative reviews and they still shitted them out.

I mean Episode I level reception, where the movie's badness becomes memetic among normies.

>>78299098
>I wish the trilogy could actually turn into MCU2.0, it would mean the movies are at least good.

The MCU proves all you need is one or two good movies to anchor the series. Star Wars already has those, they were released 30 years ago.
>>
>>78299184
>I mean Episode I level reception, where the movie's badness becomes memetic among normies.

Except the new Star Wars movie was alright. It wasn't that good, but it wasn't extremely sub par like the prequels. Which is fair, because they actually have people hyped to see the second episode and in all honesty this is how a movie franchise is suppose to be. Have you lined up with excitement. Not lined up hoping the next one will be better.
>>
>>78299184
>he MCU proves all you need is one or two good movies to anchor the series.
Except all the movies are good.
>>
>>78299184
>The MCU proves all you need is one or two good movies to anchor the series. Star Wars already has those, they were released 30 years ago.

Actually the MCU had a few movies to back them up, the rest were meh, excluding Thor 2 and Hulk. So basically all you need is a conjoined universe and a few meh movies among the good.
>>
>>78299184
>No they aren't you illiterate fuck.
There are certain context in which one should be used instead of the other, but in this case, both work.
>>
>>78290840
He's a protagonist in the TIE Fighter expansion. Up yours, fucker.

>>78293877
Mary Caligula? I love that guy!
>>
>>78289338

He isn't a Gary Sue. He's just hellasmart and really only does one thing - the one thing he is really good at: long-term military strategy.

We can safely assume he is a complete failure in every other regard. 'Find what you love and let it kill you' and that is precisely what he did.

I mean, was Michelangelo a Gary Sue? Was Einstein? How about Napoleon?
>>
>>78299290
No. Attune is a verb. Akin is an adjective. Jedi are not "similar" to the force, they are receptive to the force. Is English your second language or are you just stupid?

>>78299248
Exactly my point. Only being legendarily terrible can stop Star Wars.
>>
>>78290742

Tonight, Tumblr's gonna be under your bed...
>>
>>78299394
>Exactly my point. Only being legendarily terrible can stop Star Wars.
Okay....so what's the problem here? This is the same with any other franchise of movies...
>>
>>78293480

The war, the fleet and his life.
And also his priceless art collection.
>>
>>78299394
>Only being legendarily terrible can stop Star Wars
Not really. TPM is still the #1 cinematic butt of the joke and it didn't stop Star Wars.
>>
>>78298018
Asshurt contrarian: the post.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>78299394
>As long as they don't make a shitty movie people will keep going to see the movie

Looks like Star Wars is working like any normal movie then.
>>
>>78295545
>I really like Thrawn.

Yeah, he's not the sort of guy who would murder a planetful of people just to uproot a shoddy little band of poorly-equipped miscreants.

Oh wait.

>>78298383

Given that there are kiddies who claim they like the prequels better, that is a given.
>>
>>78298018
Thrawn was never "bullshit invincible predicts your every move." He was successful, but at no point was he invincible. He was a talented tactician who could usually accomplish his goals and creatively used existing technology, which distinguished him from the commanders who were abruptly finding that "throw more TIE fighters at it" didn't work. If you look at his campaign, you see a lot of pyrrhic victories or outright losses.
>>
>>78299560
Imagine a world where Episode I is merely "ok". Imagine how different pop culture would be.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.