[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEW CLIP FROM STEVEN UNIVERSE S2B https://player.vimeo.com/v

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 582
Thread images: 117

File: tumblr_nzkrg6r2ds1rkiy6bo2_1280.png (370KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzkrg6r2ds1rkiy6bo2_1280.png
370KB, 1280x720px
NEW CLIP FROM STEVEN UNIVERSE S2B
https://player.vimeo.com/video/149449209
>>
>>78282682
cool
>>
>>78282682
What anime is this? Is it Oreimo?
>>
>>78282682
Can we come back from /trash/ now?
>>
>>78282682
Garnet looking happy always makes me smile.
I want to see her giving Steven a big hug.
>>
File: 1439435720279.jpg (27KB, 480x259px) Image search: [Google]
1439435720279.jpg
27KB, 480x259px
Nigga who the fuck is you
>>
So...how many times has steven been woken up by someone looking for /ss/omething?
>>
I appreciate that they're just diving right into a flashback to explain Garnet's roots instead of stretching it over half a season.
>>
So it's gonna be Rebel Ruby with Princess Sapphire.

I always knew it was more of aladin than "fuck the gays" when it came to Garnet
>>
>>78282753
you know as well as i do the mods are gonna force SU threads in /trash/ till the show is official off hiatus
>>
>>78282682
Dude we've already seen this. It was in the threads earlier today.
Plz go back to /trash/
>>
>>78282984
idk man wasn't it said that the original crystal gems were just Rose and Porl?
>>
>>78282682

i want more
>>
>>78283225
Rose started it, and Pearl was probably the first member because she was already Roses handbag.
Garnet may be the first true member to join Roses cause.
>>
>>78283285
Yeah she says that on the clip, but that;s why there can't be a Rebel Ruby meeting Diplomat Saphhire
>>
>>78283426
Its obvious Ruby uses her feminine wiles to seduce Sapphire into not reporting the rebels to the authorities.
Then they fall in love.
>>
>>78282682
How can you stand watching a clip or a preview for a Steven Universe episode? That's like, half the episode spoiled for you, and then there's nothing left to enjoy when it comes out for real.
>>
>Rose Quartz is sent by Pink Diamond to establish the colony
>once the basic shit is set up, Yellow Diamond's crew comes and builds a Kindergarten
>Rose doesn't want to kill Earth, so she shuts shit down
>Blue Diamond sends in a diplomatic envoy
>the envoy joins the rebellion
>PD rolls in to find out just what the fuck her army is doing
>Rose duels PD, kills her
>it's war, motherfucker
>it isn't really cost effective to keep losing so many gems for one dirtball, so Earth is declared unfit for colonization
>YD's crew sets up the Cluster experiments, packs up their shit, drops a "farewell and fuck you" nuke, and goes back to Homeworld
>Rose spends the next 5,000 years letting apes buttfuck her in the pussy

So... what's the Deal with White Diamond? We kind of have some idea of what quarter each of the other Diamonds oversee, but there's not even a hint about White.
>>
The twist, Sapphire was with the Rebels and Ruby was the diplomat. Which is why things got out of hand.
>>
>>78282682
>OMG
Religion confirmed
>>
>>78283529
If the mural in the pyramid means anything, WD might have been a messiah of sorts, with all the hands reaching for her.
>>
joethejohnston.tumblr.com/post/124141733713/

before you whine lesbo pandering
>>
File: nzkokgt5JY1rzajvh_500.png (85KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nzkokgt5JY1rzajvh_500.png
85KB, 500x281px
>>
>>78283623
>ages
>Ruby is a 40 year old man wanting to fuck Sapphire who is a child
WOW SO PROGRESSIVE
>>
>>78283646
>That blue diamond on Sapphires dress.
Ruby lacks a diamond symbol, so she probably is the rebel.
>>
>>78282682
>it's a Garnet tells Steven a story episode
>it's a Garnet loves Steven the most episode
Fuckin based. Can't wait
>>
Who do you think is boarding this one? The drawings look a little awkward.

Molisee/Villeco?
>>
>>78283792
Definitely Lamar and someone else. You can tell by the way he draws the sideways Steven, plus he always gets Garnet episodes
>>
>>78283792
>awkward
>Molisee/Villeco
The fuck you smoking

Now that The Asian's gone Lamar's our awkward boarder now
>>
>>78283792
Lamar, and probably Zuke. His Steven is as unique as the rest of the boarders, and he draws the most adorable Garnets.
>>
>>78283529
Rose killing Pink Diamond makes a lot of sense to me, almost more than her being PD.

The only thing that makes me doubt it is the Serious Steven mural. There's a good chance it depicts the Diamonds, considering the four prominent figures are colored white, pink, blue, and yellow.
>>
What if Ruby and Sapphire back then aren't as exagerrated as they are now?

Like thousands of years of constantly being Garnet have skewed their personalities to the point where they're not-quite functional operating independently.
>>
>>78283824
>>78283845
Lamar was my second suspect, and you're probably right.

I am excited about Zuke, but sad we aren't getting her uncomfortably attractive Amethysts.

>>78283837
I do love Molisee/Villeco, but Molisee loves to go off model and you get some weird drawings sometimes. Search you heart. You know it to be true.
>>
File: him5.gif (958KB, 390x302px) Image search: [Google]
him5.gif
958KB, 390x302px
>>78282682
>https://player.vimeo.com/video/149449209
oh shit.
>>
>>78283905
On twitter someone replied with incredulity to someone doubting whether or not Rose Quartz was a Quartz with "it's in her fucking name" essentially.

Though if Rose Quartz is another mass-produced gem, a battlefield medic/commander class, I have to wonder whether or not her line is still being made?
>>
>>78283913
She usually makes the best reaction faces, and Paul draws Garnet with large and beautiful hips.
>>
File: princess and street rat.png (580KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
princess and street rat.png
580KB, 1920x1080px
>>78282984
I knew there'd be a reason to have this.

>>78283529
Well, it's possible White is the Pyramid Gem, in which case it seems like she got taken out/corrupted in that big battle at the strawberry field.
Still curious to see how the rebels get portrayed. I feel like the Pink Diamond stuff's gonna be more complicated than that.

>>78283682
>Sapphire came to tell them to stop this shit
>Rose sends Ruby to do the talking
>Ruby's too headstrong to listen
>Ends up winning over Sapphy's trust through her naive optimism.
I hope.
>>
>>78283962
I cannot deny this.
>>
>>78283913
>but Molisee loves to go off model and you get some weird drawings sometimes
Yeah and it's the opposite of Lamar's stiff-as-fuck drawings I don't get how you would confuse them

Garnet had some TINY ASS hands in Future Vision
>>
>>78282682
I want to feel garnets cheeks
>>
>>78283913
We'll probably get her boarding that episode where Lapis and Peridot interact best day of her life
>>
>>78283952
Because one of them went and began a decades long war.
That, or Rose Quartz are actually unique in Gem society.
>>
>>78282682
>Garnet Episode
On one hand, It should be interesting to see Gen World and how Ruby and Sapphire were like before.
On the other hand, I've kind of grown tired of Garnet, as a character, though I know that won't be a popular though.
>>78282753
>we
Why the fuck did you let yourself get corralled there in the first place.
>>
>>78283905
>, considering the four prominent figures are colored white, pink, blue, and yellow.

The pink one is very clearly Rose... holding up a pink diamond shape, as if using it to protect herself from the blue figure.

Maybe Rose used Pink Diamond's gem to power some sort of superweapon, but it backfired and caused the corruption?
>>
>>78284045
Reformed made it somewhat clear that corruption was more on a Gems refusal to wait to reform and force it, resulting in a more fucked up body and mind each time.
>>
>>78284008
Yeah I know, I'm saying our Rose's rebellion might have made Homeworld decide to scrap the whole line, maybe even round up any existing models and kill them. But it's possible that they're too pragmatic for that?

Also at this point I'm not comfortable assuming any gem is unique, except maybe Diamonds.
>>
>>78283952
I kind of figure that they can't actually mass-produce specific gems outside of Pearls. They can just make Quartz, but don't have much control over which type pops out.
>>
>>78284067
What if the corruption was a super-weapon that dispelled gems physical forms BUT also immediately forced regeneration? Turning into monsters would be the natural end result.
>>
>>78284074
I always thought this as well.
Like, you might get more Jaspers then Amethysts since jasper is actually closer to the surface and a lot more common.
>>
File: pink diamond.png (22KB, 1449x1449px) Image search: [Google]
pink diamond.png
22KB, 1449x1449px
>>78283905
>>78283952
More than PD not being on the mural, the sheer lack of Pink Diamond in anything we've seen is more of why I still don't think it's as simple as "Rose killed Pink Diamond"

Literally the only signs of her existance we've seen are the old symbol and pearl's spacesuit and some people say those damn statues, but I still think those are too circumstantial.
But the other diamonds we've seen have had the new symbol, the mural, the outright name mention of YD, those statues again, signs of blue and yellow diamond loyal gems, etc.

Frankly, it looks like she's been erased on both ends, homeworld and earth. That's why it seems like there's something more.
>>
>Steven has his bday on Jan 4
>Steven't birthstone is Garnet
>>
>>78284074
So they can decide to make Quartz, but whether it's Jasper, Amethyst, Rose Quartz, or other, results on like too many variables to account for? That's possible yeah.
>>
>>78284067
>>78284089
I HATE people that read this thing so wrong.

Corruption ISN'T what was happening in Reformed. They practically said so with the fact that Amethyst fell apart.

Corrupted monsters are both screwed in the gem, and they're overflowing with some kind of energy that allows those monsterous forms to remain stable.
Amethyst clearly still had control and choice in her reforming, even at the monster point, but she couldn't hold it because it was unsustainable.

They're clearly different situations.
>>
>>78284148
Peridot had never heard of the Crystal Gems, meaning the leaders most likely said they won the war and the rebellion was squashed and erased all known history of the Gems involved.
>>
>>78284206
So Homeworld dropped all history of PD because they didn't want to show that the CGs killed someone so important?

I guess that could work. Still seems a bit iffy.
>>
>>78284201
Except we've only seen a few corruptions that have had screwed up gems, the ice monster and the worm one. Every other one had pretty standard gem designs with no noticeable flaws.
>>
>>78284148
We've also seen pink diamonds on Sardonyx's shoes, which is really weird seeing as it's not even kind of present on Garnet and Pearl's current designs.

It's also really weird that the Pyramid has the current three-symbol design, even though it's presumably been there a long-ass time.

Maybe there was no Pink Diamond, and the four-diamond logo in the sky arena, was almost a heretical thing, "elevating" Rose to the level of diamond?
>>
>>78284074

It's probably a batch process. You mix up some quartz juice and inject it, then get out a ratio based on the input. A shit-ton of Smoky Quartzes, a gaggle of Amethysts, half a squad of Jaspers, then a handful of assorted Rose Quartzes and Citrines.

Or maybe it's just entirely random based of the mineral composition of the area you seed, who the fuck knows.
>>
File: aliens.jpg (24KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
aliens.jpg
24KB, 500x436px
>>78283909
>Exploring long-term psychological effects of fusion
>Ruby and Sapphire are so dysfunctional on their own because of the unnaturally long duration of their fusion
>Pearl is so fucked up and needy because she was part of a fusion experiment on homeworld before she was rescued by Rose
>Garnet joined up because Rose began putting her into a "recovery program" for Ruby and Sapphire to exist independently again
>Amethyst chooses to be unexpectedly small because being larger would make her look more like a massive homeworld fusion, and Rose didn't want Pearl and Garnet to be exposed to such imagery during their recoveries
>>
>>78284148
I still think that one of those statues is Garnet with an axe. It makes way more sense to me that those statues are warriors who fought in the arena rather than the leaders.
>>
>>78284259
No, the pyramid was a recent thing. Notice that it had no growth, and Pearl seemed shocked that it was there. I still think that it was an escape pod of sorts, and the Gem inside will be important later on.
>>
>>78282753
There have been Steven Universe threads on /co/ constantly all week and every single one has been better than the average /sug/. Keep it where it belongs and good riddance

I know we'll need the general again to maintain the peace once there's new eps to talk about so the board doesn't get flooded - just let me dream a bit
>>
>>78284201
I don't know, I assume the reason corrupted gems can sustain their monstrous forms is they free up more processing power by having their mental programs operating on base instinct only, the cost of which is that if their programming is dumbed down, they don't remember how to revert to normal.
>>
>>78284148
>That's why it seems like there's something more.

Rose kills PD, tells Homeworld: "I beat PD's ass and her armies recognize me as their new leader. You must, as well."

To which Homeworld responded: "Fuck you, the position of Pink Diamond has been eliminated. We're a triumvirate now."
>>
>>78284285
Pearl's so fucked up and needy because she's -a Pearl- that's been well-established.
>>
>>78284291
>I still think that it was an escape pod of sorts, and the Gem inside will be important later on.

>Yellow Diamond accidentally (or intentionally) corrupts White Diamond
>sticks her in a pod, leaves her on Earth
>secretly replaces her with a Cubic Zirconia or a Diamondelle
>if Yellow Diamond can find a cure for her, great
>if not, all evidence of wrongdoing will be gone when the Cluster emerges anyway

One Diamond down, a fake Diamond in her pocket, and a Cluster to help her destroy the only remaining Diamond between herself and sole rule of Homeworld.

She's the hero that Gemkind deserves.
>>
http://comicbook.com/2015/12/19/steven-universe-returning-with-new-episodes-this-january-sneak-p/

we space now
>>
>>78282682
Considering this is still part of Peridot's possible redemption arc, it seems highly likely that Peridot will be eavesdropping on this story.
>>
File: peedle reforming.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
peedle reforming.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>78284252
>>78284316
Their gems are fine, but they have a huge excess of energy and they are clearly forced into these large monster forms upon reforming.
That makes it seem more like something affecting the "mind" inside the gem. It's not just "they reformed too fast" otherwise a reboot via poofing and keeping them closed off should give the time to regather sentience, like it seemed to do with Peedle here.
But she still had a monster form. She just had her wits about her instead of raging about like before.

Also, there's no way there wasn't some outside influence to cause the corruption considering how there's SO MANY of them. Like, 5000 years worth, worldwide.
If it was something they do to themselves, it wouldn't have been so widespread like that, it'd be a process that takes time like it did with Amy and they'd likely put a stop to it after the first few.
>>
>>78283473
>Ruby
>Feminine wiles
Mmmkay.
>>
>>78282682
>still caring about SU
>>
>>78283529
>>78283905
>>78283952
>>78284148

Seriously I don't get why so few people seem to grasp that Rose Quartz being a Quartz and Rose Quartz being "Pink Diamond" aren't mutually exclusive. It's always seemed pretty obvious to me - if the other Diamonds gave such and important leadership position to a non-Diamond do you think they'd admit they were giving a leadership position to a non-Diamond? I could be wrong, I'm not really too concerned about the specifics of this whole theory considering how little we actually know, I'm more just surprised I never see anyone else guess at what seems to be a pretty obvious work around to this whole "problem"

Pearl seemingly embracing the symbol pretty much clinches it for me though, why would she care about it unless it was Rose's somehow?
>>
>>78284509
I think the reason Peedle was smarter was because she actually shrunk down to a much more sustainable form. Though HOW she was able to do that I'm still not sure of.
>>
File: 1427601133839.png (270KB, 800x1353px) Image search: [Google]
1427601133839.png
270KB, 800x1353px
>>78284291
Wow, someone still sticking by that old theory. I was the one that kept posting huge greentexts about it way back when.

>>78284430
If she was corrupted by YD, I don't think she was sent to Earth by YD.
If it is an escape pod, White Diamond did it to herself and went to Earth looking for Rose.

The pyramid was powered by the gem, but unlike Lapis' prison, the Gem wasn't held there by some crazy magical force. It just smiled and released itself when it saw Steven (or more likely felt Rose's gem).

If it was really modern, it could have come during Steven's lifetime, explaining why Rose never dealt with it and why it was Steven's first serious mission.
And it'd also explain YD's sudden increase in interest in the Cluster shit since there's now just Blue Diamond in her way of total rule of Gemkind.
>>
>“Message Received” – Steven has doubts about believing in everyone.
I wonder if we are gonna learn something dark about one of the gems or something
>>
I'm so fucking happy we're actually getting some history from someone other than Pearl.
>>
>>78284714
Literally every one of them has done something to cause him doubt at one point.
>>
>>78284620
>Seriously I don't get why so few people seem to grasp that Rose Quartz being a Quartz and Rose Quartz being "Pink Diamond" aren't mutually exclusive.

"Diamond" just being a title has always been a possible theory, as is an elected Gem fusing with a Bismuth to form a Diamond.

The Pink Diamond Bismuth is inside Lion, so Homeworld can't make a new Pink Diamond. Makes sense that they'd remove her from the emblem.
>>
>>78284648
What I figured was the pyramid was there a long time, it's just that Garnet only found the key recently (though it could have been she found it at some point after Steven was born, but she did foresee that Rose's gem was needed).
>>
>>78284714
Well, they're obviously going to find out that Peridot's message went through, possibly because Pearl kept fixing the hub.

This might also be the make or break moment for Peridot, where she has to choose where her alliances truly lie.
>>
>>78284593
>I'm a faggot who keeps on jumping to the next popular thing
>>
>>78284714
It's probably going to be either Steven hearing about
>Yellow Diamond sends a return message to Peridot and it explains what the CGs really were to Gemkind, horrible rebels that caused a massive conflict and set them back for millenia or
>that message telling Peridot to wait and that they'd be there to help before the cluster emerges and the Gems decide to not tell her/start plotting to get rid of Peridot to ward off the YD forces in front of/in earshot of Steven

Or both. Just something to show Steven how ruthless the Gems really can be when it comes to protecting Earth.
>>
>>78284749
But none of them have truly caused him to have a crisis about believing in them yet. Sounds like something serious actually happens.
>>78284825
I could honestly see the episode being about Peridot betraying them.

Actually considering the title of the previous episode, maybe Peridot betrays them when flying to the moon and that causes Steven to have his issues.
>>
>>78284825
What would Yellow Diamond say in these circumstances? Like it seems unreasonable for her to think Peridot is capable of defeating the Crystal Gems on her own, and holding that as a condition on letting Peridot leave (or demanding Peridot stay and make sure the Crystal Gems don't stop the Cluster at the cost of her life). It seems like the most she could do would be to say she's sent a ship to pick Peridot up.
>>
>>78284834
>implying i'm concerned over popularity, and not quality
>>
>>78284775
I'm not even getting at anything that complicated, they could have just wanted her on board due to some ability she had (I'm thinking her healing powers or something) and basically just told her "yeah if anyone asks you're a Diamond now, can't have us publicly admitting we need a lower order gem to work with us screwing up our whole rigid caste-based society thing now"
>>
>>78284882
What would Peridot betraying them even be? Like I doubt YD knows Peridot is working with the Crystal Gems at this point, and thus doesn't know that the Crystal Gems know about the Cluster, so she wouldn't order Peridot to sabotage them.
>>
>>78284875
Who knows, maybe Yellow Diamond actually told Peridot to fuck off, and since Steven wants to believe in everyone he has a hard time accepting YD is truly evil.
>>
>>78284285
>Pearl

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Pearls were indoctrinated to love the one who bares them so it makes her love Rose unconditionally. And since Steven both is and isn't kinda rose she has developed a sort of protectiveness of what her indoctrination treats as her master's most precious possession/maternal instinct.
>>
>>78284930
When they go to the moon, Peridot hijacks the ship and flies back to homeworld, leaving them stranded.
>>
>>78284930
Well maybe decides to betray them to help Homeworld

Or as another anon says, she jacks the ship and leaves them on the moon since she probably still doesn't completely believe that they can stop the cluster
>>
>>78284981
im going to be sad when the inevitable peridot betrayal comes
>>
File: 3964.jpg (81KB, 720x1133px) Image search: [Google]
3964.jpg
81KB, 720x1133px
>>78283792
>>
File: 1476132781623.gif (2MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1476132781623.gif
2MB, 250x187px
>>78285033
I really hope Peridot doesn't betray them. I want to keep the angry slice of pie, dammit!
>>
>>78284930

No matter how much she's grown as a person, she's still a Homeworld Gem. She yearns for order, to fit back into the machine she was once a cog within. If Yellow Diamond offers her a way back home, she'll take it.

The only difference is that, now, Peridot might offer to take Steven and Amethyst back with her.
>>
>>78285069
Me too. I'd also like for Jasper to join the gang but it is going to take something tremendous for that to happen.
>>
>>78284930
The cluster gems fighting the cluster is probably plan B. Plan A is waiting for a chance to get back to the Kindergarten alone and using it to contact homeworld. She was both very eager to drag Steven there for something she could have explained without fixing the communication systems and Garnet made it a point not to let her go to the Kindergarten alone.
>>
>>78285109
>Steven somehow saves her from the hell that is Malachite.
>"I unfortunately owe you my life now tiny Rose Quartz."
>>
Does anyone else think that Malachite will seriously hamper the gems from stopping the Cluster at some point? Like I'm pretty sure both Jasper and Lapis would be in agreement that it would be just desserts for Earth as for Malachite personally? I figure that whether she wants to just sulk until the Earth explodes or flies into space to become a nightmare to the cosmos, she's set either way. The big picture: she's not gonna let the Crystal Gems save the world.
>>
>>78283540
Sapphire has future vision. She'd know Rose's crazy plan would work.
>>
>>78285166
>Does anyone else think that Malachite will seriously hamper the gems from stopping the Cluster at some point?

The easiest way for them to drill down to the center of the Earth is using a deep sea trench as a starting point.

Guess who lives in a deep sea trench?
>>
>>78285154
WOuldn't that require him to defeat Lapis? Whatever it may be I doubt Lapis would be happy.

I've been thinking, maybe maybe Steven would have to really impress Jasper, and get her to want to follow Steven for the sake of following Rose.
>>
>>78285069
One indication, at least, is that her design's been altered. Her whole "floaty fingers" look can't have been fun to animate, so it's quite possible that she lost the limb enhancers to make her easier to draw.

Take Avatar, for instance. Zuko went from being an intermittently-appearing villain to dominating the average episode's B-plot around the point that he stopped wearing all that crazy Fire Nation armor and topknot and started wearing regular clothes and messy hair.
>>
>>78285166
Honestly I think Alexandrite could take her. She'd have a ridiculous amalgamation of weapons to use while Malachite has, what? Water-nose?
>>
>>78285260
>Her whole "floaty fingers" look can't have been fun to animate

Of course it was fun. Animators love shit like that.

What it probably wasn't was cheap.
>>
>>78285260
>>78285292
True. I hope this means that if Peridot does betray the gems, she will ultimately end up joining them in the end.

But what if Amethyst is the one who betrays the gems.
>>
>>78285261
I can only hope.
>Malachite (accidentally?) injures Steven and the combat pauses
>all of a sudden there's a bright flash of light to the side
>cue THE BEAST
>>
File: end of steven universe.png (542KB, 1355x768px) Image search: [Google]
end of steven universe.png
542KB, 1355x768px
>>78285344
>Alexandrite goes full Eva beast mode and starts tearing into Malachite while Steven watches in horror

Not going to happen, but it'd be so cool.
>>
>>78284259
That's actually pretty plausible, I like it.
>>
>>78285344
This is probably what would happen if she hurt Steven.

Then Malachite gets poofed, the gems bubble Jasper and maybe don't bubble Lapis. :/ But that ends with Jasper out of the picture. Maybe lapis and Jasper being fused for so long, they got to know eachother? And now Jasper sees things in a different light?
>>
>>78285413
I don't know, Sugilite being poofed didn't poof Amethyst and Garnet, they were fine.

I think unless she's stabbed by one of those gem-tazers (whatever did happen to the one Peridot had that was being gripped by Steven?), Jasper and Lapis would still have their physical forms after separation.
>>
>>78285413
I want Jasper to be an interesting thing for Steven to deal with.
>Clearly wouldn't want to crush her though the Gems/Lapis probably would
>Shouldn't be able to convince her to betray her people/join them
>Imprisoning her forever would make him upset too cause it'd be like Lapis
>Steven having to tackle the tough idea of dealing with someone that will not be his friend and will keep hurting others.
>>
>>78285551
I don't know if Jasper would keep hurting others though, like she's an asshole soldier, not a psychopath.
>>
Who's the VA of the purple skinned bitch? It sounds like garbage
>>
File: TR_-_JasperHelmet.png (206KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
TR_-_JasperHelmet.png
206KB, 640x360px
>>78285591
>she's an asshole soldier, not a psychopath.
Yeah, nah. She's totally going to want to keep punching them in the face after getting free.

There's no reason for her to turn away from homeworld or show any kindness/sentiment towards the CGs or Lapis.
She's a soldier. She'll keep fighting.
>>
File: amethyst kyubey.png (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
amethyst kyubey.png
96KB, 500x500px
>>78285620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbIFmLg2oQE
She did the voice of the orange thing in Barney.
I shit you not. The show literally has a Barney connection.
>>
>>78285689
Anon, you fool! You'll summon him!
>>
File: Steven rose charge.png (575KB, 1158x736px) Image search: [Google]
Steven rose charge.png
575KB, 1158x736px
>>78284259

I was thinking something along those lines too.

>Rose starts leading the gem rebellion.
>Gems start to think of her as a diamond.
>Elevate her to the status of a diamond, even though she isn't.
>Akin to revering a living human as a god.
>Diamonds see this as a threat to their power.
>Go out of their way to destroy any symbolism depicting Rose as a Diamond during the war.
>This is why anything resembling Pink Diamond has been destroyed.

Alternatively;
>Rose kills Pink Diamond.
>A Diamond has never been defeated by a non-Diamond before.
>Gems elevate her to Diamond status.
>She's already pink so they don't have to change much.
>Only major difference after this is that Homeworld Diamonds change their insignia and pretend that Pink Diamond was never a thing.
>>
>>78285344
>>78285381
Alternate scenario, injuring Steven is what causes Malachite to unfuse, when Lapis' "Protect Steven" protocol and Jasper's "Beat Up Everyone" protocol conflict.

Though if we DO ever see Alexandrite in action, what would you all want to see as a combined gauntlet+whip+spear weapon? My vote is harpoon gun.
>>
>>78285235
>implying they wouldn't go to Iceland and travel down Sneffels to reach the center of the Earth
>>
>>78285790
Maybe it was Rose who gave herself the title as a way of legitimizing her claim to Earth. They're all "only a diamond can have territory" and she's like "well, then I'm the fourth Diamond now"
>>
>>78284465

>another Steven Bomb
>>
File: number one rock mom.png (410KB, 1036x966px) Image search: [Google]
number one rock mom.png
410KB, 1036x966px
>>78285830
Kusari-Gama seems nice. Though I'm fond of somehow the weapons combining into a chainsaw.
>>
>>78285689
I like Amy's voice though.
>>
>>78285689

SO if I sing like a fucking idiot on youtube will I also get a voice acting roll on a cartoon show?
>>
File: 1427056063560.png (621KB, 718x660px) Image search: [Google]
1427056063560.png
621KB, 718x660px
So which of these is Yellow Diamond?
>>
>>78286082
Do...

do you not know Barney is a TV show?
>>
>>78284509

Maybe the death of one of the Diamonds caused the corruption. Some kind of psychic backlash from a powerful Gem that warped the minds of many og those remaining on Earth.
>>
>>78286225
The yellow one.
>>
>>78286225
Probably the one that's tinted yellow?
>>
File: 1372731276983.png (100KB, 267x259px) Image search: [Google]
1372731276983.png
100KB, 267x259px
>>78286225
>>
>>78286225
All of them.
>>
>>78282682
>STEVEN UNIVERSE S2B

You fucking clickbait faggot
>>
>>78286263
>>78286276

except it's not tinted yellow
>>
>>78286245

I'm talking about Greg's voice actor.
>>
>>78286282
I think that's Blue Diamond.
>>
>>78285689
my god, thank you for informing me about this
i'll add this to my big wall chart of shows that are tangentially connected to barney so i don't make the mistake of watching it again
>>
>>78286444
K I L L Y O U R S E L F :3
>>
>>78286082
He did voice work before
He was Willie Nelson on ATHF
>>
>>78286464
>Greg is a singer
>Willie Nelson is a singer
>Willie Nelson is not a singer
>>
>>78285689

>garnet's image is gyrating
>song used is american boy

Based.
>>
>>78286347
>Best Show
>a YouTube show
underage pls leave
>>
So why is this up? Does it mean the show's coming back soon? Have they said anything at all yet?
>>
>>78286554
Steven Bomb starting January 4th

Google is your friend
>>
File: 1392159626528.png (218KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
1392159626528.png
218KB, 400x384px
>>78286554
Do you know how to read?
>>
>>78286579
>>78286585
My bad. I'm tired.
>>
>>78286596
Go to bed, anon
>>
>>78283529
>Blue Diamond envoy
I wonder if we'll get a glimpse of why Lapis was on Earth.
>>
File: OilUp.jpg (52KB, 484x519px) Image search: [Google]
OilUp.jpg
52KB, 484x519px
>>78286753
>Lapis was part of the team of negotiators
>She gets trapped in the mirror at the same time Ruby and Sapphire fall in love
>>
>>78284074
>>78284125
>>78284264
So that would mean that if the gems inject corundum into a kindergarten, they're mostly going to get a nice batch of different colored Sapphires, mostly blue of course, but some violet, green, even pink is okay. But every so often you get a goddamned Ruby.
>>
File: Pearl112.png (101KB, 539x540px) Image search: [Google]
Pearl112.png
101KB, 539x540px
>>78282682
Holy shit, this is going to be a huge lore episode.
>>
>>78287082
Rumor has it that we'll be given a flashback in silhouette style.
>>
>>78287109
Is the whole episode going to be like that? I would have thought that Ruby and Sapphire meeting episode would get the same treatment as when Greg and Rose first met.
>>
>>78287239
You mean Sapphire is the only one who attends Ruby's concert?
>>
File: Crystal Gems09.png (138KB, 777x801px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal Gems09.png
138KB, 777x801px
>>78287257
I meant it was an episode done in the usual style, just with different, "earlier" character designs.
>>
>>78287257
Vice versa
>>
>>78283583
the G stands for gem
>>
>>78287257
yes
>>
>>78287275
>earlier character designs.

They do
>>
OH shit this is going to be a lore bomb. I'm excited.
>>
No word on when the new episode will be?
>>
>>78287385
JANUARY 4TH YOU COLOSSAL RETARD

ever hear of Google?
>>
File: 1427476469586.gif (1MB, 335x258px) Image search: [Google]
1427476469586.gif
1MB, 335x258px
>>78284509
>corrupted gems are overcooked runts from the Kindergarten
>>
>Garnet not wearing her glasses
I know I'm in the minority but I prefer her with her glasses on, I don't think many boarders can get her eyes right.

In the OP clip for example, her third eye is too big and bulgy and she doesn't look adorable like she should
>>
>>78287395
wow, rude.
>>
>>78287445
I think the most off putting thing is her wide ass forehead.
Yeah I like her better with shades on.
I guess that's the writers way to give her some kind of "bubbly" personality
>>
>>78286015
She's got good range.
>>
dear mods, pls keep /sug/ banned, these threads are nice.
>>
>>78287503
Bite me jabroni
>>
>>78282682
Garnet and Steven interactions are my favorites.
>>
File: Pearl128.png (97KB, 540x558px) Image search: [Google]
Pearl128.png
97KB, 540x558px
>>78285689
Fuck's sake, Greg.
>>
>>78287463
>I guess that's the writers way to give her some kind of "bubbly" personality
Is she just really stoic around Amethyst and Pearl because that is what she thinks leadership is like?
>>
>>78287621
I thought it was more because Ruby and Sapphire had trouble deciding something.
So she argued and mulled over things silently, Sapphire's side, until she spoke up, Ruby's side.
>>
>>78287445
Yeah, her eyes often just end up looking off-putting.
>>
>>78283063
>the mods are gonna force SU threads in /trash/ till the show is official off the air
FTFY
>>
>>78285260
>>78285292
The finger things aren't hard to draw. What are you talking about? They're very simple and they never move around very much.
>>
>>78286225
Design seems to have changed. The one in the intro is different.
>>
>>78287804
Yeah that's why I was asking. I also remember there being 4 diamonds, which fused created White Diamond.
Maybe YD wasn't on the war.
>>
>>78284825
Pearl didn't re-send the message, it was only sent once.
>>
>>78286225
They're all images of the same Diamond at different points in time.
>>
>>78287862
I'm having a hard time believing that
>>
>>78284285
No. Pearl is needy because she is a Pearl. They are made to need the approval of an audience. That's why Opal is her only balanced fusion. Amethyst doesn't care what you think.
Amy is small because overcooked. She is small and weak for a Quartz, the warrior class. A non-defective Amethyst should be around Jasper's size.
>>
>>78287445
I liked how it was done in Jailbreak, but that's the only time we've really seen her have a full expressive conversation without shades.
>>
>>78282728
Esteban Galaxia y las cosmonautas lesbianas
>>
File: 1444592080529.gif (677KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1444592080529.gif
677KB, 540x300px
>>78288055
There are some pretty good fan edits around
>>
>>78287445
I agree
>>
>>78288089
awful
terrible
>>
File: e3Coymi.png (948KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
e3Coymi.png
948KB, 1280x1920px
>>78285413
>>78285551
personally I'm thinking Jasper will come out of the whole Malachite situation incredibly damaged both mentally and emotionally(cause I can't imagine anyone coming out of a multiple month long forced fusion and be all right in the brain), with this being the lead in for a potential Jasper "Redemption" arc with Steven having to help her get past that trauma
>>
>>78283952
I'm saying Rose Quartz is Pink Diamond, Rose Quartz being an alias she undertook after detaching from the rest of the diamonds to separate herself from them.
>>
>>78288287
What.
Then what's the deal with Lion and Bismuth?
>>
>>78285689
I wanna fuck garnet and her voice actress.
>>
>>78288312
Bismuth is "If we get more seasons than we think" plot. Not that guy.
>>
>>78288357
What do you mean?
Do you think bubbled bismuth was more like a throwaway thing?
>>
>>78288206
I hope Jasper comes out of Malachite all messed up mentally but still a villain.
>>
>>78288428
I mean I feel like it was something they thought about and decided to tease now because they didn't know if they could get that far with seasons and if they did they'd bring that story out. I say that because right now there's nothing that really connects to it so I don't see it being brought up very soon.
>>
Given the pattern of previous episodes (Peridot getting on with Steven, then Pearl, then Amythyst), I think this is gonna be the one where Peridot comes to understand/trust Garnet (if not entirely, than at least a little more).

Even though it's Garnet telling the story to Steven, it could be that the episode ends revealing that Peridot had been listening in the whole time.
>>
>>78288478
Yeah you're right. There's only heacanons and theories.
Still we might see a flashback of that in the upcoming episode, maybe?
>>
>>78288565
I think the Garnet and Peridot bonding episode is called Barn Mates, which follows Back to the Barn and Too Far
>>
>>78288573
If we do then we do and what I think doesn't matter but from here it doesn't FEEL like that's going to happen. Of course it could be the plot of this next episode but I feel like they're going to reveal Lion's deal first before getting to that.
>>
>>78288639
still I'd like it if they didn't revealed Lion's background or Bismuth's purpose yet
>>
i'm pumped to finally be getting more episodes...
but godamnit i wanted super watermelon island.
>>
>>78287972
>She is small and weak for a Quartz
She's smaller, not weaker. Peridot points that out in Too Far. Being overcooked may be why she's so adept at shapeshifting.
>>
>>78288339
Estelle is a bad bitch man, who wouldn't.
>>
>>78288339
Sapphire's VA is kinda hot too
>>
Do you think Greg and Peridot will meet in Tuesday's episode? I want them to become weird friends
>>
File: We are the Crystal Gems.jpg (469KB, 1529x1008px) Image search: [Google]
We are the Crystal Gems.jpg
469KB, 1529x1008px
Finally an opportunity to post this again.
>>
>>78289068
I didn't like Estelle before SU, and now I think I'm in love with her
>>
>>78289068
I love that Ruby is a tiny Asian woman. That makes her rage even cuter.
>>
Am I a douche for hoping Ruby and Sapphire really did not get along at first?
>>
>>78288591
I think at this point they've changed the titles of some of the episodes because every single one is new and wasn't in the leaked episode titles.
>>
File: Garnet06.jpg (127KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Garnet06.jpg
127KB, 1200x1200px
>>78289075
>tfw you will never be Garnet's American boy.
>>
>>78289124
Or the leaked titles were working titles that were then decided against later.
Which may have been independent of that leak.
>>
>>78289068
>diverse crew actually talented instead of just shoehorned in for diversity bucks

What is this
>>
If Garnet is an emergent life form and not just the summa of Ruby and Sapphire, it is conceivable she will fall in love someday with someone they don't necessarily like.

Someone like another fusion in the same situation, perhaps. That might lead to a reticence to unfuse for different reasons than the members not wanting to. Is Garnet stronger than Ruby and Sapphire?

What if a situation like that led to the taboo on non-combat fusions?
>>
>>78289164

The future.

I hope.
>>
>>78289106
it's anime cliches: the cartoon and Ruby is a short angry midget, what the fuck do you think is going to happen
>>
>>78283682
It might not be a diamond symbol at all. It looks like her "skin" color, like a boob window.
Prepare for fanart!
>>
>>78289176
Garnet is literally the embodiment of their love, so I think her falling in love as a fusion won't happen or likely
>>
>>78289254
That would be interesting, can Garnet actually love someone?

I mean, she's a separate entity from both Sapphire and Ruby. Just because she's the embodiment of a relationship doesn't mean she can't feel those things
>>
File: diamond.png (12KB, 800x1400px) Image search: [Google]
diamond.png
12KB, 800x1400px
>>78284148
>diamond
That's a square, the worst of all basic shapes. It ruins pizza.
>>
>>78289256
>can Garnet actually love someone?
You mean romantically? Maybe, but then Ruby and Sapphire would have to love them too.
>>
>>78289263

That is what I am wondering about! She said a fusion is a new creature, separate from the members that make her up.
>>
>>78287972
Amethyst is just as strong as a full sized quartz and that strength is compressed into a smaller package. She's Antmanning it.
>>
File: Crystal Gems07.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal Gems07.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>78288862
>>78288862
Bullshit. Jasper could go toe-to-toe with Garnet, but nothing has suggested that Amethyst is close to being as strong as Garnet.
>>
>>78289337

But that would make her nontrivially stronger than Garnet. I do not agree.
>>
>>78289151
TAKE
>>
>>78289068
Not that I'm complaining, but it's pretty strange how 90% of the cast is non-white. Times sure have changed. A LOT.
>>
>>78289276
It would be cool to explore a fusions independency from the two Gems that form it, that could help it seem like it's own character instead of a plot device.
>>
File: Alexia_Khadime.jpg (16KB, 258x319px) Image search: [Google]
Alexia_Khadime.jpg
16KB, 258x319px
>>78289068
It's time to add Sardonyx's VA to that.
>>
>>78289354
Sugar herself says that the purple puma vs garnet fight was a lot closer than it looked.

Amethyst is stronk.
>>
New episodes? It's just crazy enough to work!
>>
File: areyhumzk9dblbn1ukgn.png (423KB, 1405x391px) Image search: [Google]
areyhumzk9dblbn1ukgn.png
423KB, 1405x391px
>>78289415
Voice acting has changed a lot. 20 years ago, voice actors were expected to be able to do many different voices because they were expected take on multiple roles in a cartoon. They were expected to actually be, y'know, skilled in their craft.
>>
>>78289500
Yeah it's totally not that the studio just didn't want to have to hire more actors.
>>
>>78289500
le 90's kids, amirite?
>>
>>78289500
>Why don't voice actors these days just have a bunch of wacky voices they use instead of actually, y'know, acting?
>>
>>78289500
It's very different for cartoons with 100+ characters than for cartoons with like 10.
Also SU is using guest voices as kind of a gimmick, so most on that list aren't even mainly VAs.
And then there is the small thing about SU being far less cartoony and more character driven, so strange and funny voices won't really do.
>>
>>78289483
If she is any strong she has the absolutely worst weapon and attitude about it.
Because she never really seems to know what the fuck to do in a fight and her weapon cannot transmit any strength at all.
>>
>>78289674
She casually cuts through metal and old gemtech with that whip. It clearly isn't what we would recognize as a whip.

And I never said she was smart, just strong as fuck; which she is.
>>
File: not very cartoony.png (591KB, 954x612px) Image search: [Google]
not very cartoony.png
591KB, 954x612px
>>78289560
>And then there is the small thing about SU being far less cartoony
You're watching a children's cartoon. It's not more or less cartoony than other cartoons. It's a cartoon.
>>
File: huh.jpg (103KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
103KB, 1131x1600px
>>78289429
DAY-UM
>>
>>78289714
While she clearly is strong, compared to human standards, she fails a lot in fights. Which is odd for a designated warrior. Her effectiveness is no higher than Pearl's and her fighting is apparently an absurd concept to Homeworld.
I find it hard to really quantify how strong they are in terms of raw lifting capability, but Amy jobs like a sucker most of the time.
>>
>>78289352
She honestly hasn't been trained though, she just tries going in with brute force and no tactic.
>>
>>78289816
Rose, who is probably the strongest Quartz, trained her
There's no real reason for her to have not trained Amethyst
>>
>>78289716
>It's not more or less cartoony than other cartoons

Well that's just false. Compare this to something like pig goat banana cricket or uncle grandpa.
>>
>>78289857
>Well that's just false

It's just as cartoony stupid fuck.
UG relies on sillyness and randomness.
>>
>>78289857
>>78289857
Just because a cartoon is less surreal or more grounded doesn't make it less cartoony. Hell, SU had a perfectly good crossover with UG.

Would you stop acting like SU is less cartoony in order to justify why you enjoy it?
>>
>>78289716
In a way, sure.
But SU really does cover more emotional depth and relies less on cartoon logic than comparable shows.
For example wounds have consequences, emotional impressions and opinions persist to move the status quo over time.

>>78289881
Which makes it more cartoony. The crossover episode should have made that clear when the reality suspension UG thrives on was an insanity-inducing experience for the Gems.
>>
StevenBomb 4: Holy Hell, Another One?!
>>
>>78282682
COOL
>>
>>78289075
I'm surprised tumblr didn't go apeshit over rollacoasta.
>>
>>78289918
>Just because a cartoon is less surreal or more grounded doesn't make it less cartoony
You obviously have a completely different definition of the term because I would say that is precisely what it means.
I personally measure "cartoony" on an inverse scale to "distance from Animaniacs". Not necessarily in style, but in amount of symbolism instead of real object, isolation of consequences to single scenes or sequences, suspension of reality for comical effect.

So, if in SU Steven was to bash Connie over he head with a huge hammer, she would not ge flattened with an accordion effect and she would not be just fine in the next scene.
>>
>>78289429

Yes it is!
>>
>>78289975
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cartoony
The actual definition of cartoony is having the style of a cartoon. As in, being one. Your definition is incorrect.
>>
>>78282682

Garnet found pills. and ate them.
>>
>>78289825
Pearl had mentioned how it was unusual for her to go into fight old when she was only a few thousand years, so it seems significant for gems not to fight when they're first formed. And Amethyst had to go actively search with humans to wrestle with because she wanted to fight with somebody.

If she's meant to be warrior class they probably wanted to keep her out of it, as she's meant to be on the gem worlds side and not overcooked.
>>
>>78282682

Steven's sleeping in that truck bed to finally have a nights peace without thirsty Pearl trying to creep into bed with him.
>>
>>78289955
Do hope they go back to a standard release schedule some day
>>
I don't get this "cartoony" argument but as far as I can see it started being about why SU doesn't have a single VA doing a bunch of wacky voices and of course because you're expected to be able to take a character seriously every once in a while.

Most of the extra characters that the Simpsons cast voices are just one wacky line by a background character and maybe a minor character whose gimmick is "wacky accent" having an episode dedicated to them that nobody enjoyed.
>>
>>78290088

But Pearl is a pearl. Pearls don't fight. Amethysts do.
>>
>>78290090
I like to imagine that she still does watch him, but not all the time, she just takes a small peek to check that he's still there. How else did they find out that Steven was at the warp pad?
>>
File: kefka_5076.jpg (28KB, 393x351px) Image search: [Google]
kefka_5076.jpg
28KB, 393x351px
>>78283529

Because the light is ALWAYS good and White Diamond is WHITE so White Diamond is the purest of the gems and never invoved with such foolish affairs.
>>
>>78290141

they heard it activate.
>>
>>78290022
I would dispute your reading of that.
Vehemently.
It compares something to an imaginary "standard cartoon", which would be something along the lines of old WB strips for most people, I imagine. Anyone on /co/ would know about the differences between shows, but this is about cultural perception. And the term "cartoon" is cemented in the public conscious as Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck etc.

Like most words describing media this has no set definition you can really point to, but "is an animated video format" is certainly not sufficient to call something cartoony by definition. Especially if one defines the word as a relative trait that can be attributed to things that are not cartoons. Your "Are you a drawn video format (especially aimed at young audiences)? y/n" understanding of the word is not helpful at all there.

Take for example the chase scenes in Blues Brothers. Those are pretty cartoony. As is the end sequence where they are encircled by an unreal amount of armed forces who hold their guns right into their faces. That is "in the style of a cartoon" (a very lacking definition if you ask me).
Now on the other hand we have the scene where Pearl tells Steven about how much she misses Rose and how it was in the war. That is not at all what you think of when you say "cartoony". More along the lines of "Oscar bait".
>>
>>78283623
What an absolute non-answer.
>>
>>78289176
>>78289254
>>78289263
>>78289276

There is an episode answering your questions. It's called Love Letters.
>>
>>78284173
LEEPEST DOOR
>>
>>78283623
>lesbo pandering
>2 of the writers are lesbians
>>
>>78284509
>Peedle reacted to Steven's terror and got smaller
>She has a level of humanity in her still
>>
Ruby looks like a teenager trying to force down a boner
>>
>>78285235
Spongebob/SU crossover confirmed
>>
>>78285537
>whatever did happen to the one Peridot had that was being gripped by Steven?
Steven broke it. With his ape-strength.
>>
>>78290550
Non-commitment is a valid decision.
To not force a "voice of God" decision that has little benefit but forces a non-human relationship into human terms to the detriment of the viewer's immersion, that is a valid and justified decision.
>>
>>78289106
They are literally fire and ice, of course they won't get along.
>>
>>78287972
>Amethyst doesn't care what you think
Yes, she does. She pretends she doesn't but she cares a lot. That's why she couldn't pick a good form to regenerate back into.
>>
>>78290794
What if they duke it out for a few seconds and we finally see Sapphire's weapon?
>>
>>78289500
>This generation, they don't know
>Using S9+ Simpsons as any kind of benchmark of quality
>>
>>78289825
Except that they found her after the war, when the CGs' role had pretty much changed from war to pest control. She's not had military training because she's only ever fighting the one brainless monster at a time instead of a trained army.
>>
File: kissthehandyoupeasant.png (109KB, 540x526px) Image search: [Google]
kissthehandyoupeasant.png
109KB, 540x526px
>>78290826

A fight would be either stalemate or Sapphire wins.
>>
>>78285260
Dammit, I want Peridot to get her limb enhancers back, she doesn't have to wear them all the time but I just want her to have them. The 'angry little slice of pie' is fun and all, but I want badass Peridot back at least occasionally.
>>
>>78290952
What if they teach Peridot how to summon some
>>
File: Baseball.png (457KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Baseball.png
457KB, 600x450px
>>78290952
>Peridot with limb enhancers
>Badass
>>
>>78290952

Steven gets captured, Peridot finds/is given back her limb enhancers, then performs an incredible act of bravery rescuing Steven.

redemption arc complete.
>>
>>78285260
What? Don't you know that disembodied limbs are EASIER to draw?
>>
File: nzlxgb8t551uwjdxdo.png (93KB, 540x727px) Image search: [Google]
nzlxgb8t551uwjdxdo.png
93KB, 540x727px
So, do you think

-One of them is a rebel, the other a negotiator?
-Sapphire is the negotiator, Ruby is her escort?
>>
>>78291149
Based on their outfits. Sapphires being more refined and with a obvious diamond symbol, and Ruby's being a lot more simple, lacking any symbols, I'd say Sapphire is the negotiator, and Ruby is the rebel.
>>
>>78291149
The first one, hopefully, with Ruby probably being a rebel and Sapphire being a negotiator. This would be great, since Garnet could tell both sides of the story.
>>
File: 1443817575764.png (289KB, 931x841px) Image search: [Google]
1443817575764.png
289KB, 931x841px
>>
File: 2142317272.jpg (20KB, 450x322px) Image search: [Google]
2142317272.jpg
20KB, 450x322px
>Lapis is part of the team of diplomats
>She finds out Ruby and Sapphire are in love
>Since they don't want anyone finding out, they trap Lapis in the mirror
Post yfw
>>
>>78291149
Based on the promo image I assumed they were the "small team of negotiators".

But then considered that maybe Sapphires are built to be diplomats. Cool, emotionless, realist, future vision.

But alone they're prone to be victims of shooting the messenger. So they get a Ruby, whose job is to be their shield.
>>
File: Lapis 08.png (347KB, 490x358px) Image search: [Google]
Lapis 08.png
347KB, 490x358px
>>78290970
>>
>>78291250
Nah, it seems like Lapis was put into the mirror during the actual war by someone on the CGs team.
>>
>>78282682
>",,,the Earth..."
Cool to get a back-story, but at the same time, some part of me hoped it would take place on the gem homeworld.
>>
>>78291149
I'd say Ruby is a rebel, Sapphire is part of the diplomacy team.

Although I find the fact they dispatched a diplomatic team odd- I always thought it was Rose Diamond just up and rebelling, I never really considered it might have been protracted and involved negotiations.

Fuck maybe Rose isn't even leading the rebellion at this point and joined later.

So much lore, so little time
>>
>>78291283

However, Garnet says "I'll tell you how they first MET." And from the sneak peek, we don't see the Homeworld, where the first meeting of the diplomat and her guard could take place.
>>
>>78291340
>"I don't know, why should I help protect Earth?"
>"You can continue fucking those humans you love so much."
>"...alright. I'll help!"
>"You goddamn freak."
>>
>>78290970
Come on, she was pretty badass in her intro scene in Warp Tour, at least.
>>
File: 887687687.jpg (25KB, 339x341px) Image search: [Google]
887687687.jpg
25KB, 339x341px
>>78291250
>mfw

Although Lapis would have straight murdered Garnet if that was the case, she just seemed kind of vague about revenge really.
>>
>>78291340
? But even with rebellions, either side still can offer negotiations to stop the bloodshed, it's happened a lot of times before.
>>
>>78291387
Maybe she just found out Sapphire was going to defect to the rebels and didn't know about her relationship with Ruby or saw them fuse.
>>
File: 1430678268160.png (52KB, 349x414px) Image search: [Google]
1430678268160.png
52KB, 349x414px
Does anyone here want to see Ruby and sapphire fight it out?
Than fight fuck it out
>>
>>78291401
I assumed Rose was a diamond with her own military forces, who rebelled and took control of Earth.

Then homeworld assaulted Earth a few times, took massive loses, then just abandoned it and covered up all references.

The idea that there was any space for compromise in this. But there are quite a few ways this could go down; Homeworld says they will give amnesty but after that they'll destroy them, offer to split the planet, offer to Rose personally etc.

That and I always got the vibe Homeworld was very 'with us or against us'- and just crushed rebellion or sedition if it ever happened. But again, we don't know the context
>>
>>78291448

It was already mentioned, but yeah. Who do you think would win?
>>
>>78291236
I want that sapphire to sit on my face
>>
Homeworld DOES negotiate with terrorists.
>>
>>78283657
why would someone even ask a question like that, I mean who fucking cares they're just drawings.
>>
>>78291499
Shit Maybe ruby?
>>
>>78291505
I've seen a good amount of porn with Sapphire facesitting Ruby, now that you mention...
>>
>>78291517
I think its more a 'Why the hell are you rebelling?' houscall then a serious offer for peace.

Homeworld is just confused why exactly Gems are rebelling. This might not have happened before, or its so rare they want to see what they can do with the situation
>>
>>78291340

or maybe homeworld isn't taking the 'rebellion' seriously yet, and has sent negotiators to see what the noise is about.
>>
when is this show coming back
>>
>>78291561
July 4
>>
/co/ does Fire beat ice?
>>
>>78291561
December 4th, 2016
>>
>>78291532
My money's on Sapphire, Ruby would charge like a bull and try to land hard punches, while Sapphire flies, super-speeds and make the floor icy.
>>
>>78291592
But if Ruby can just get pissed off enough could she start melting all the ice around her?
>>
>>78291539
That might be it, they're a race of perfect order and seregation ala Brave New World, and seeing some of them act chaotic is probably unseen.
>>
>>78291633
That's true, but that could cause steam, and while Ruby's unable to see clear, Sapphire uses her future vision to know what attack comes next and when to strike.
>>
File: BURN.png (792KB, 1071x1380px) Image search: [Google]
BURN.png
792KB, 1071x1380px
>>78291448
Fire>Ice
>>
>>78291592

Ruby charges in like a bull and Sapphire freezes the ground and Ruby slides into a wall face first a'la Wile E Coyote.

then groundshaking sex happens
>>
File: 1444518515088.png (934KB, 513x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1444518515088.png
934KB, 513x1117px
>People think Ruby would win
Future vision plus Ruby would just charge in head first.
Sapphire would win easily.
>>
File: 9gagbaby.jpg (29KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
9gagbaby.jpg
29KB, 300x450px
>>78291294
>when people use my imagei made
>>
I really hope that they'll show Steven fusing with a Gem soon, I think that's been long overdue.
>>
File: 1442710932856.png (10KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1442710932856.png
10KB, 429x410px
>Ruby and Sapphire starts fighting
>Sapphire gets the upperhand and just fucking with Ruby
>Ruby gets pissed off and lands a punch on Sapphire
>Sapphire gets over 200% mad and tries to murder Ruby and charges at her
>Ruby charges head first
>They accidentally kiss
>>
>>78291703
Yeah, but if Ruby gets hot enough, ice won't mean jack shit.
>>
I kinda doubt the episode will end with them in love with hearts and kisses.

Perhaps Sapphire doesn't even join them at the end.
>>
>>78291750
>They fuse.
>Garnet comes into existence for the first time
>Garnet screams in horror for 3 minutes while running around and tripping on things.
>>
File: why.png (317KB, 902x639px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
317KB, 902x639px
>>78291739
You know what's also been long overdue? Malachite.
>>
File: 1450128438044.jpg (39KB, 634x351px) Image search: [Google]
1450128438044.jpg
39KB, 634x351px
>>78291758
So either Sapphire can poof her fast enough or Ruby will just melt all of her attacks than.
Just how fucking mad can Ruby get?
>>
>>78291750
just like my narutos
>>
>>78291781
What if it shows Steven fusing with a Gem to fight Malachite?
>>
File: 1427514916416.jpg (23KB, 468x394px) Image search: [Google]
1427514916416.jpg
23KB, 468x394px
>>78291779
>Garnet just starts punching herself over and over again.
>>
>>78291787
You ever see a small spark start a forest fire son?
>>
File: FUSION, SON.jpg (42KB, 382x380px) Image search: [Google]
FUSION, SON.jpg
42KB, 382x380px
>>78291787
I reckon 200%
>>
File: 1421371592547.png (253KB, 574x409px) Image search: [Google]
1421371592547.png
253KB, 574x409px
>>78291787
>Ruby and Sapphire are fighting
>Sapphire says something about torturing her friends and harvesting them
>Even Rocks start melting around her
>>
Sapphire can: Predict attacks, fly away from danger, run super fast, freeze shit

Ruby can: Evaporate ice, break shit

I think Sapphire has the advantage.
>>
File: steven-universe-steven-pearl.png (90KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
steven-universe-steven-pearl.png
90KB, 500x278px
>yfw the hiatus gets extended by a month like last time
>>
>>78291851
This isn't an anime
>>
File: 1445236607731.png (257KB, 700x575px) Image search: [Google]
1445236607731.png
257KB, 700x575px
>>78291863
I doubt it'll happen.
However, if the bomb ends with a hiatus, then I'll be mad.
>>
>>78291807
>She gets found by another rebel soldier.
>"Who are you?"
>"I DON'T KNOW!"
>>
>>78290550
>What an absolute non-answer.

It is an answer. It tells you exactly why they haven't tried to really specify and explain it.

It's like asking the magician how he did a trick during a show and expecting them to go back and actually show you step by step how the trick was performed.

It ruins the whole point.
>>
>>78291852

Hm, but unless we see her weapon, that means that Sapphire can't actually hit her, mostly constantly dodge a mad battering ram.
>>
File: 1444590751890.jpg (636KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1444590751890.jpg
636KB, 1280x1280px
All this talk has got me thinking.
can Ruby use fire to fly?
>>
>>78289151

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvPczbWz6Zs
>>
>>78290558

No, it doesn't. It would if Garnet was into him. But she wasn't.

>>78290641
>>She has a level of humanity in her still

*gemanity.

>>78290826

How about Ruby's weapon - did we get to see that? Anyway it's probably a fan. Sapphy's I mean.

>>78290794

>TFW 'Stronger than you' is literally 'a song of ice and fire'

>>78290923

Because she foresees what's going to happen? But what if she foresees what Ruby will do but isn't fast or strong enough to stop it?

>>78291448

Ultimate Surrender...

>>78291535

Ew.

>>78291739

But you do realize that when that happens, the fusion will be ridiculously overpowered. At least going by cartoon rules. Although it probably will go wrong the first time.
>>
>>78291909
Gems don't fart
>>
Surely a Ruby Sapphire fight would just be a stalemate? Sapphire can predict all Ruby's accacks, sure, but Ruby can just melt all of Sapphire's attacks as they come.

I hope we get to see Sapphire's weapon
>>
But what if Sapphire is in the rebellion and Ruby is the diplomat.
>>
So will Sapphire take off the dress when she fights ruby?
And will the Dress me weighted
>>
>>78291926
Ruby's weapon is that glove she used to smash the table.

Also Sapphire has super speed, she's fast enough to dodge.
>>
>>78291457

Most military conflicts, especially civil ones, also involve ongoing negotiations to cease hostilities/negotiate cease fires/etc.

It's just often the case that one side (or both) makes demands that the other refuses to abide by and the conflict continues until one side gives up.

You usually don't hear about it in the news because it's not as dramatic.
>>
>>78291926
>3's a crowd.

That's a pretty clear statementon how Garnet feels about more romantic love.
>>
>>78283063
/co/ has Steven Universe threads all the time LIKE THIS ONE. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>78291938

>the Crystal tempe is set on fire
>"Is this what Homeworld thinks of diplomacy?!"
>>
>>78289352
They fought in Tiger Millionaire. Garnet dominated Amy, but Amy sort of held her own.

Now we just need a Pearl and Garnet fight.
>>
>Sapphire can make ice
>Make sharp ice dagger
>Stab ruby
it isn't that hard
>>
>>78291926
>the fusion will be ridiculously overpowered
You're implying they already aren't ridiculously overpowered. And I want to see Steven getting a better control over his powers and learning how they work, he's learned how to materialise his shield and now he needs to learn how to use his healing spit, shapeshifting, and fusion powers. Plus it could strengthen the bond between Steven and the Gem he fuses with greatly once they do fuse, and/or it could provide some great character growth to both of them.
>>
>>78291938
She would be the worst diplomat in the history of diplomats
>>
So new episodes when
>>
>>78292017
>>
>>78291990
Silly anon, it would just melt as soon as it touched her
>>
>>78292017
When you stop being a lazy shit.
>>
>>
>"This will pass. She'll eventually burn herself out"

That'd be Sapphire's strategy I think, get her madder and keep dodging until Ruby is burnt out, like bullfighting

>an then can finish her off with her secret rapier weapon
>>
>>78292017
4th of January 2016.
>>
>>78291984
Thats how I imagine it will go, the diplomatic side and the Crystal gems reach and understanding, and then some Homeworld military force will attack and thank the diplomat team for giving them the element of surprise
>>
>>78292017
Never, show's been cancelled
>>
So anyone have that floating building?
Looks like that arena pearl was training connie in
>>
>>78292040
>secret rapier weapon
How does that translate into a gauntlet when combined with a glove

I want it to be brass knuckles
>>
>>78292067
Woosh
>>
>>78292040
So what insults would she tell to Ruby.
Got to enrage the traitor to burn her out
>>
>>78292077
Is this something to do with anime
>>
>>78291990
DILDO STABBING
>>
>>78292067

>elegant princess-like proper lady with delicate hands
>brass knuckles

nice
>>
>>78292082
You punch like a Pearl
>>
>>78292067
So I would love to see Sapphire and Ruby have a 1on1 fight no elemental powers just a fist fight
>>
>>78292082
>I can see into the future and that cube hairstyle will never be in fashion.
>>
>>78292145
That would be awesome, and it could happen since their elemental powers kind of cancel each other out
>>
>>78292155
And she's still self conscious about it so she wears a headband to reduce the cubiness
>>
>>78292155

She's made of fire and yet can still feel that burn.
>>
File: 1111.jpg (36KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
36KB, 1440x1080px
>>78284148
>pink diamond
While I know it (maybe) represents Steven,here's best diamond.
>>
File: josuke hair.gif (1002KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
josuke hair.gif
1002KB, 500x281px
>>78292155
>>
File: 1450474339015.png (108KB, 191x206px) Image search: [Google]
1450474339015.png
108KB, 191x206px
>>78292145
So let me guess they start negation while fist fighting and They are in perfect sync with one another and Ruby headbutts her and they fuse in garnet
>>
Do you think Sapphire joins in the end of the episode or leaves for HW but leaves a red ribbon behind
>>
>>78282682
Wow, it's about half as long as a regular episode!
Badum-tsh.
>>
File: 1444266279131.jpg (76KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
1444266279131.jpg
76KB, 640x440px
>>78292082
>>
>>78292241
The episode description says "How Garnet became a Crystal Gem" so I'm assuming she'd be Garnet by the end

Or the description might be misleading who knows
>>
File: 6884660523aca7238e2b1467367b4355.jpg (154KB, 700x1850px) Image search: [Google]
6884660523aca7238e2b1467367b4355.jpg
154KB, 700x1850px
>>78292256
Here, I found a bigger version of that.
>>
>>78292274

true, maybe she leaves after her first mission and then there's a timeskip where she joins.
>>
File: 1426272496910.png (255KB, 661x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1426272496910.png
255KB, 661x1000px
>>78292256
CUTE
U
T
E
>>
>>78283063
It's officially off hiatus NOW. We have an incoming episode date. People are allowed to discuss upcoming material
>>
>>78292298

ah good. i will delete mine to preserve the image count.
>>
>>78292343
No we're not. We don't get to discuss until the next episode airs, that's when hiatus is officially over.
>>
File: 1442361410761.png (91KB, 450x310px) Image search: [Google]
1442361410761.png
91KB, 450x310px
>>78291909
>>
>Ruby = strong but irascible
>Sapphy = very capable but "cold"
>Garnet = Strong and Tempered (see: tempering in metallurgy, applying cold to a hot metal to make it stronger)

>Pearl = very capable but low self worth, looks for approval
>Sardonyx = Strong, but very Complacent, outgoing and full of herself. This is what happens when you give confidence to a Pearl.

>Pearl = very capable but low self worth, looks for approval
>Amy = lazy fuck, doesn't give a shit about other people
>Opal = Capable and balanced, pretty chill

>>78287972
thanks, Opal was what was missing in here
>>
File: in sapphire's room.png (154KB, 540x386px) Image search: [Google]
in sapphire's room.png
154KB, 540x386px
>>78292241
And takes some photos with her.
>>
>>78292380
SU threads are fine. You're fucking in one. /sug/ is what is forced into trash.
>>
>>78291575
Yeah. Not really any other way of looking at it

>inb4 ice melts and puts out fire

That would be water beating fire, not the ice. Completely different
>>
>>78283952
Maybe "Diamond" is a title and it does not require one to literally be a diamond to have that rank?
>>
>>78292387
>Capable and balanced
She canonically has ADD and literally falls apart at the slightest internal conflict
>>
>>78292428
Yeah, while Opal seems cool and calm on the outside she have severe internal issues since both of her components do, and as such can defuse at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>78284148
I think its either one of two possibilities:

Rose is Pink Diamond. She has powers and abilities beyond anything we have seem was a great and terrible power among the stars, then got a bad conscious and rebelled on Earth before ultimately sacrificing herself in a kind of 'do-over' to make Steven.

Or, Rose + Bismuth is Pink diamond.

Rose killing Pink Diamond is unlikely, we known that Rose is pink, all her signs are pink and from what we've seen her being pink diamond is the most likely thing (although granted they could still write it as Rose killed Pink diamond, but I doubt they will)
>>
>jasper and lapis unfuse
>lapis is praised for her heroic efforts
>jasper gets shitstomped and bubbled
>never talked about again
>mfw
>>
>>78292082
"YOU'LL NEVER HIT MY TINY HEAD! IT'S JUST SO FRIGGIN' TINY!"

"ARE YOU EVEN TRYIN'?"

"YOU. ARE. TERRIBLE."
>>
>>78292387
What about Pearl and Rose, then?
>>
>>78292082
Get your hothead outta here.
>>
>>78292406
are generals of any kind even allowed anymore? i don't really see a lot of them, and haven't since /frz/ and /hsg/ were around
>>
File: 1jasppepe.png (113KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1jasppepe.png
113KB, 500x500px
>>78292518
>jasper and lapis unfuse
>jasper crushes lapis
>jasper finds steven and connie playing outside
>crushes them too
>enters the house and finds pearl and amethyst
>they're shocked by blood
>crushes pearl and amethyst in two seconds flat

if only. fuck garnet and her meddling future vision.
>>
>>78292648
will it be in huehue or american?
>>
>>78292648
Fucking hues
>>
>>78292639
Lets make this happier
>jasper and lapis unfuse
>jasper crushes lapis
>jasper finds steven
>they have hot amazon sex
>she finds the rest of the gems
>massive amazon orgy
>they live happily ever after
>>
>>78292618
/gfg/ is still around, even though they're further away from a new episode than us
>>
>>78292648
Make sure to put it in spoilers and remind others to do so.

That and pics or it didn't happen
>>
File: not even steven.png (57KB, 389x433px) Image search: [Google]
not even steven.png
57KB, 389x433px
>>78292648
MODS
>>
>>78292648
goddammit
>>
>>78292648
$10 says you wont
>>
>>78292648
Thank you based Brazilian
>>
File: sapphire feels you man.png (58KB, 169x408px) Image search: [Google]
sapphire feels you man.png
58KB, 169x408px
Something that'll be interesting to see is whether or not Homeworld uses the 4 diamond symbol at this point 5,750 years ago.
Clearly, when they got there 6,000 years ago, they still did.
Yet any more modern structure seems to only have the 3.

>>78291340
>>78291546
The data book said the war happened 5,500 years ago. Most likely the rebels were around, but not a threat till something pushed things to the edge at 5,500.

It'd be fascinating if that was Rose as the Pink Diamond defecting or Pink Diamond being murdered.
Cause that'd mean we'd have the catalyst for Rose finally going full war on her own kind.

There had to be a straw that broke the camel's back.
>>
File: tessen07-4.jpg (83KB, 638x525px) Image search: [Google]
tessen07-4.jpg
83KB, 638x525px
>>78292000

I don't mind overpowered... but I think that means it won't happen until things are considerably more dire than they are now.

>>78292121

I still say it is this...

>>78292547

Completely dominated by Rose. Not because she is dominant (except for her naturally powerful personality) but because of Pearl's submission.

If she could stay Rainbow Quartz forever...

I wonder if she ever dared dream of that, seeing Garnet?
>>
>>78291938
i can see the crew pulling that twist purely for shit and giggles
>>
File: co generals 19th Dec.png (569KB, 1302x600px) Image search: [Google]
co generals 19th Dec.png
569KB, 1302x600px
>>78292618
Seriously? This is just a sample of what is up right now

There are 3 others up too including the ol /gfg/
>>
>>78289542
Please many modern VA's are completely incapable of affecting more than a couple voices at most and more often than not only one.
Making it even worse is that voice actor unions are atrociously entitled and believe for example that VA's should be making more from their role in videogames than the programmers or directors.
>>
File: oboy.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
oboy.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>O'boy Chocolate Milk
>>
>>78292741
Well, what do you think it would be like with Steven?
As for dire, they've got a huge green fusion beast at the bottom of the sea and a WMD at the core of the planet, I'd say that throwing in fusions at this point would be appropriate.
>>
File: 1446593132646.png (142KB, 500x818px) Image search: [Google]
1446593132646.png
142KB, 500x818px
>>78292786
>>
>>78292729

6000 years ago, the first sedentary societies were just emerging (Well, maybe not - Jericho is pretty fucking old)... it would have been a lot easier to sell the conquest to an uncaring public.

"These creatures are barely sentient. Would you call ants worthy of our special care because they build large nests?"
>>
>>78292648
get a life
>>
>>78292648
Thanks, Brazil boy
>>
File: scold.jpg (40KB, 374x336px) Image search: [Google]
scold.jpg
40KB, 374x336px
>>78292816
>>
>>78292777
Being able to do one voice good > being able to do multiple voices mediocre. And take those fucking glasses off. 90s voicework hasn't aged that well.
>>
>>78292812
>Well, what do you think it would be like with Steven?

Awkward. Fusing with someone she dearly loves, and who is basically the permafusion of the one she loved above all, and the one who took her away.

But I think her mind would dominate... she is far more trained than Steven is. I wonder if the fact he is physically smaller than she is would play into it?
>>
File: let her say it.jpg (106KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
let her say it.jpg
106KB, 500x667px
>>78292872
>>
>>78292786
>Be 9 year old me
>Have a bad stomach for 2 weeks
>Doctors say I might be allergic to milk
fuckthat.jpg
>I love O'boy (chocolate milk) and will never stop drinking it
>Wake up one morning with extreme stomach pain
>Spend entire morning on toilet
>No more pains thank god
>Go out for breakfast, make tuna toast for me and my 5 year old bro
>Fucking delicious, but something is missing
>I crave O'boy now, my earlier stomach pains are completely forgotten
>Mmmmh fucking O'boy man
>A few hours pass, playing mario kart with brother
>He sucks, I'm laughing at him, although he's only 5, he should know how to throw bananas
>Laughing really hard by now, can't breath
>mfw he's driving the wrong direction
>I win the round, waiting for everyone to end the lap
>5 year old bro haven't even driven his first lap yet
>My sides are now sprawling on the floor
>I get this brilliant idea to fart in his face (done this many times before)
>I pull down my underwear and put my ass-cheeks towards his face
>Let out a huge fart
>Fart is followed by liquid shit
>My peacefully playing brother is now getting sprayed with shit
>A few seconds pass, bro looks like he's about to cry
>Suddenly he screams louder than I've heard anyone scream before
>Dad heard the scream
>He comes in and sees his youngest kid sprayed with shit, crying
>I stand there without underwear, shocked
>Dad pukes
>Lil' bro is crying
>I began to cry
>Grounded for 2 weeks
I haven't drank O'boy ever since, although I'm not allergic to milk.
>>
>>78292915

you should write TV commercials.
>>
File: 1444081420025.png (158KB, 897x710px) Image search: [Google]
1444081420025.png
158KB, 897x710px
>>78292896
I don't understand this maymay
>>
>>78292648
At least post a link to where you'll be posting and give fair warning in advance, so that people can avoid /co/ until they've watched them. People always casually throw around spoiler images when an episode leaks.
>>
>>78292890
I could see Steven's size making their fusion smaller (about the same size as Opal). But I have to wonder if their fusion would be aware of Pearl's and Rose's fusion, and if she is still in the new fusion's mind.
>>
File: 1437166436201.png (348KB, 1280x1853px) Image search: [Google]
1437166436201.png
348KB, 1280x1853px
>>78292818
Yeah, we largely didn't give a fuck about the massive pain in the ass that was building permanent buildings and setting up agriculture back then. Human population was also tiny at the time for that reason.
>>
>>78292696
>Upset about leaks
what are you a faggot?
>>
File: 1449932391973.png (194KB, 287x361px) Image search: [Google]
1449932391973.png
194KB, 287x361px
>>78292915
>>
>>78292943
People want Pearl to say fuck.
>>
File: adult steven beard.png (160KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
adult steven beard.png
160KB, 1000x1000px
>>78292980
Yes.
>>
File: steven moms holy fuck.png (364KB, 540x542px) Image search: [Google]
steven moms holy fuck.png
364KB, 540x542px
>>78292915
>>
Leaks are great for yuropoors like me

Keep doing god's work Brazil anon
>>
>>78293000
But why tho
>>
>>78293052
They say that SU isn't "progressive" (read: tumblr-pandering) enough and that they need to have Pearl saying "fuck" to truly be the most progressive cartoon intended for children ever.
>>
>>78293052
Either because of a stupid meme comic or because that one time she used flipping as a substitute for fuck
>>
>>78292952
He's probably posting it to his kickasstorrent account like all the other times. Leaks kind of suck, but oh well.
>>
>>78292387
Amethyst actually cares a LOT what people think. I'd argue Sardonyx is actually Pearl's most 'healthy' fusion - she's confident, friendly, fun, doesn't fall apart easily and doesn't insist on staying together like Sugilite.
>>
>>78293125
My only real problem with leaks is that I always seem to come here before realizing that something leaked and end up accidentally spoiling myself.
>>
>>78292818
6000 years ago is 4000bc. There were already sedentary civilizations in the Fertile Crescent by then
>>
/sug/ rises
>>
>>78293139
The only real problem with Sardonyx is that she makes Pearl feel too strong.
>>
File: 1438569940407.jpg (72KB, 500x676px) Image search: [Google]
1438569940407.jpg
72KB, 500x676px
>>78293139
Opal is the top tier pearl fusion. She's bar none the most emotionally neutral and just shows up to get shit done quickly and efficiently. Sardonyx was a little full of herself, which could be a detriment when shit gets real.
>>
>>78293139
There's no way Sardonyx didn't know about Pearls plan. She wanted to stay together as much as Sugilite, she was just a lot more subtler about it.
>>
File: garnet is peachy.png (201KB, 479x412px) Image search: [Google]
garnet is peachy.png
201KB, 479x412px
>>78292387
Nah nigga, didn't you read the databook thing? Garnet summed it up way better.
>Ruby is hot
>Sapphire is cool
>I'm electric.
>>
This is turning into /sug/
And I like it
>>
File: 1444999727976.jpg (124KB, 471x1148px) Image search: [Google]
1444999727976.jpg
124KB, 471x1148px
>>78293205
/sug/ hardens.
>>
>>78293229
But if Sardonyx knew, wouldn't Garnet? I think both gems need to want to stay together, as with Sugilite - Garnet and Amy were having so much fun they didn't want to split up at all.
>>
>>78293257
SHHHHH
>>
File: cant believe.jpg (43KB, 394x479px) Image search: [Google]
cant believe.jpg
43KB, 394x479px
>>78293072
>>
>>78293218
She's also extremely forgetful, which is a pretty major detriment too.
>>
File: 1426801064061.gif (358KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
1426801064061.gif
358KB, 500x327px
Here's Amethyst
>>
File: lapisMAD.gif (659KB, 674x520px) Image search: [Google]
lapisMAD.gif
659KB, 674x520px
>>78293262
>hey garnet why is your skin so red?

COULDN'T THEY THINK OF ANYTHING BETTER? THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE
>>
File: depressed steven.png (158KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
depressed steven.png
158KB, 370x370px
>>78293257
>>78293282
It's fine, we're almost on the way out.

Mods will likely be shutting down further threads on this topic though. See you guys near the 4th or more likely later tonight/tomorrow when some faggot posts another SU OP
>>
File: 1443472302975-0.gif (401KB, 616x444px) Image search: [Google]
1443472302975-0.gif
401KB, 616x444px
>>78292816
>you forgot this, Steven
>>
File: 1437171872085.jpg (567KB, 1200x1680px) Image search: [Google]
1437171872085.jpg
567KB, 1200x1680px
>>78293277
I think garnet was just unintentionally letting pearl continue to set them up. Future vision alone should have have led her to be suspicious but she didn't want to even consider it as a possibility.
>>
File: 1445096023809.png (62KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1445096023809.png
62KB, 500x400px
>>78293342
>>
I want to feel Garnet's hair
>>
File: pearlnet5.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
pearlnet5.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>78293363
She didn't consider it a possibility because Garnet trusts Pearl. Garnet needs to look into the future for events, which is why Garnet never saw them catching Peridot.

It probably never even crossed her mind that Pearl would betray her like that.
>>
File: 1442689417881.png (271KB, 886x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1442689417881.png
271KB, 886x1165px
>>78293319
>extremely forgetful ADHD meme

She's just so focused she gets tunnel vision and doesn't worry about what seems less important at the time. Steven's safety and looking cool while saving him was definitely her priority over finding the beetle at the time of her debut.
>>
>>78293432
>prioritized looking cool over completing the mission
You don't see a problem with this?
>>
File: garnetstevencute2.png (268KB, 839x1374px) Image search: [Google]
garnetstevencute2.png
268KB, 839x1374px
>>78293397
Do you think her hair would be more like this irl?
>>
Anyone know where I can watch the new episodes when they come out? I don't have cable TV.
>>
File: Goshrekmode.jpg (47KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Goshrekmode.jpg
47KB, 512x512px
>>78292872
Pearl's right, O'boy is glorious chocolate milk master race. Don't just waste it.
>>
>>78293471
Just download them when the Brazilian leaks them early, otherwise come to /sug/ and there'll be a stream link posted on the day
>>
File: 1437165251479.jpg (264KB, 619x890px) Image search: [Google]
1437165251479.jpg
264KB, 619x890px
>>78293457
Not when they're showing off the awesome power of fusions to Steven for the first time. It makes quite a bit of sense considering Pearl and Amethyst and their personalities.
>>
>>78293471
Browse /sug/ and keep doing CTRL+F "mega.", 10 minutes after the "WE"'s start flooding in. Someone should post a download link eventually. Remember to make it "mega." with a dot at the end, or you'll just get people asking for a mega link.
Or something with a torrent, but I've never done that.
>>
File: Amathast.png (426KB, 778x840px) Image search: [Google]
Amathast.png
426KB, 778x840px
>>78293342
>>
File: theory.jpg (1MB, 1000x9000px) Image search: [Google]
theory.jpg
1MB, 1000x9000px
Before you ask, no I've no idea what the artist meant with the 6th panel.
>>
File: IMG_20151006_220753.jpg (35KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151006_220753.jpg
35KB, 500x401px
Opal is pretty but she's basically useless in battle fąm, in The Return she fell to pieces just because she saw Steven
>>
>>78293471
Kisscartoon usually have the episodes after the day that they air.
>>
>>78293573
I don't understand any of this, whoever wrote it has atrocious handwriting
>>
>>78293575
It's because Pearl was scared for Steven's safety, while Amethyst was relieved over Steven being with them.
>>
>>78293432
>meme
You mean Canon book source?
>>
>>78293575
That's because Pearl is worried about Steven and Amethyst is just happy that he came back for them. You gotta keep 'em focused on something they agree on.
>>
>>78292943
It's what the Internet & 4chan thrives off of
>>
>>78293607
Well duh anon, but a stable fusion doesn't just fall apart because the components have a difference of opinion
>>
>>78293613
The one churned out by an intern that provides literally zero useful information that isn't explained or demonstrated in the show already?
>>
>>78293613
What source is that?
>>
>>78282753
I hope /sug/ stays banned
Generals are cancer
>>
>>78293658
The Guide to the Crystal Gems book that came out recently, don't bother reading it it's complete garbage
>>
>>78293471
On the certified /sug/ stream, of course.
>>
>>78289352
I said as strong, not as skilled.
>>
>>78293573
it's a reference to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ITD1tqXDII
>>
>>78283623
I mean I don't give a fuck either way but they're chicks who are in a relationship so they're lesbians as far as the viewer is concerned.

Sure you can go "well space rocks" but for all intents and purposes they're girls. If they were six foot tall voluptuous space rocks with giant titties in your face you saw them nobody would hide behind the idea that "well they're actually genderless you're just applying human genders to them".

In that same line of thinking it's retarded to go "well the gender thing's not important the important thing to look at is their relationship and the metaphor about them coming together in it". Yeah the idea of two people coming together and being better because of it is applicable to any relationship. Just like it's applicable to the relationship of those lesbian space rocks.

It's mostly all innocent (I mean come on there's some scenes where if you gave one character a bulge suddenly wow two people are basically fucking each on in a kids show) so I think it's fine to have them as they are but at the same time you can't try to play the progressive card and then when someone tries to go "but hey aint they them there dykes" you sweep it under the rug as "no you're looking too far into things" because that really discredits any sort of boundary breaking in the first place.
>>
>>78293743
I know, but what do they mean with the "SJW seed"?
>>
>>78293763
Basically it implies that the time with Crystal Gems had ingrained some of their values into Peridot's worldview.
>>
>>78291889
idk man sometimes the writing team likes to treat it like it is.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 1136x640px
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ELWur1jg1hw

Another clip
>>
Is there a real full version of the opening song?
It sounds so good and stops just when it's starting to hit its stride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nvQc8So0s
>>
>>78293763
i guess she now has SJW tendencies by homeworld standards
she cares about discrimination and opression against fusions and pearls and etc
>>
>>78293924
That's because its not complete yet, each lyric is released at different times.
>>
>>78293924
Not yet. The show's been adding parts to the song as it goes on.
>>
File: 1437004202489.png (305KB, 515x470px) Image search: [Google]
1437004202489.png
305KB, 515x470px
>>78293906
>Somebody spent time making this
>>
>>78293906
>>78293947
He literally copy-pasted SU skins on his undertale animations, and at least then he had the decency to match it with a theme.
>>
I know this is Steven Universe and I should expect it, but this is gonna be fuckin gay

And I don't mind cartoon romance, but only when that sort of stuff is built up, when the characters have adversity to struggle through together. But I don't like it when there's an attitude of "They're in love now so gush over how beautiful their romance is."
>>
>>78293970
>>78293906
Didn't he also make that one called "The twerk of 87" that was about Five Nights at Freddy's characters?

fucking hell
>>
>>78293844
>>78293926
So the artist think that the Crystal Gems are SJWs?
>>
File: doopydot.png (29KB, 630x770px) Image search: [Google]
doopydot.png
29KB, 630x770px
>>78284006
I can't wait for this one
>>
>>78293988
When you think about it, in universe, they kind of are.
>>
>>78293976
Do you... watch the show? Every time that Garnet's spoken about love she's always described how it's a conscious effort

>Love at first sight doesn't exist. Love takes time, and love takes work.
>The entirety of Keystone Motel

There's been some obvious foreshadowing that they did not get along for a while at first.
>>
>>78293987
Yeah but now hes just purposely doing stupid animations to troll people. I mean look at this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXKUQNQNI3M
>>
>>78294036
In Homeworld's eyes, they are more like PETA animal enthusiasts.

At least Rose was.
>>
>>78293988
i think she is being ironic to a certain extent but yes, again, by homeworld standards they are
>>
>>78294063
I'm gonna get flack for saying this, but Garnet's character is not the same as Ruby and Sapphire

What I'm actually not-excited about is that every time they bring up Ruby and Sapphire everything they do is about how much they love each other and little kisses on the cheek and holding hands and scissoring in the shed out back so dad doesn't hear. But what bothers me is that I didn't watch 51 episodes of Ruby and Sapphire, I watched 51 episodes of Garnet but every thing you can say about Garnet is actually about Ruby and Sapphire.

And every time you do talk about Ruby and Sapphire individually it's just about how they belong together and shouldn't fight. The new episode's gonna do the legwork of actually explaining it, but it's gonna do it in 11 minutes. Those better be some fucking great 11 minutes to make me care about these two people!

And this has nothing to do with anything, but you know it's gonna be a musical episode and they're probably gonna have a montage to eat up time.
>>
File: garnet.png (968KB, 1628x1764px) Image search: [Google]
garnet.png
968KB, 1628x1764px
>>78287445
i think her eyes in this episode were the best

They were'nt too cartoony and they worked really well with her character
>>
Holy shit that means...

Garnet's an earthling too. She was born on Earth, not the HW
>>
>>78294234
>bottom one
Man, the third eye looks crosseyed and that freaks me out
>>
>>78294402
do you not remember the episode?

Her third eye was under a spell from the meaty game and it followed the movement of the rythm
>>
>>78294386
She did call the Earth 'my planet' in Jailbreak
>>
>>78288462
There are no villains in the show, as Sugar stated. She doesn't plan to have good and bad tropes.

It's more complicated than "oh there's the villain, let's kill them, show ends".
>>
>Garnet figure dirty fresh out of the box

Thanks Funko.
>>
File: 1448335404835.jpg (41KB, 760x571px) Image search: [Google]
1448335404835.jpg
41KB, 760x571px
>>78294706
>he bought a Funko pop figurine
>>
>>78294583
>A. I've never seen anyone who states this back it up with a source on the interview/post she says it in
>B. I think even if it does exist, it's been telephoned so much that it's lost it's original meaning.

The show will clearly have antagonists and Gems that go against the CGs as "villains." Just that none of them will be blatently evil for the sake of evil.
>Lapis was protecting herself, trying to escape
>Peridot was doing her job and didn't know any better
>Jasper was doing her job and did know better, but that just made her more into capturing Rose/Steven
>Yellow Diamond will likely have some nasty plans, but her own reasons for them. Like maybe she's the lesser of 2-3 evils compared to the other diamonds and wants to get them out of power.
>>
>>78294583
>There are no villains in the show, as Sugar stated.
She said in the first season you stupid nigga
>>
>>78290970
You did watch The Return, right?
>>
File: drunk templar.jpg (28KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
drunk templar.jpg
28KB, 350x335px
>>78294706
>funko
>>
>>78288206

I think I figured it out, if it happens.

>They encounter Malachite again.
>They fight her
>Garnet forcefully unfuses them instead of poofing them
>Jasper wants to know why she hasn't been poofed or killed
>Garnet expresses her feelings about forced fusion and admits that she wouldn't want that for any gem, even Jasper
>Jasper finds that to be an honorable and worthy cause
>Finds out more about the cluster and the experiments
>Finds out it was Rose's aim to fight against such terrible homeworld goals
>Since she already admired Rose and the Crystal Gems are been kind to her she softens up
>Now we have big buff slightly tsundere mom.
>>
>>78294786
>>78294875
ebin
>>
>>78294786
>>78294875
Beggars can't be choosers. If there were any actual show-accurate figures I'd get those instead.
>>
>>78292121
>Sapphire punches Ruby
>Ruby is basically unharmed
>Sapphire's hand is completely fucking broken
>>
>>78295007

>>Sapphire punches Ruby
>>Ruby tells her to do it again
>>She does
>>Ruby starts to get turned on, asking her to keep hitting her harder and harder

I'll stop now, this has gone too far.
>>
>>78282682
YES! FINALLY! IT HAPPENED!
END OF HIATUS!
MY LIFE NOW HAVE MEANING, AGAIN!
>>
>>78294966
Same here.
>>
>>78294434
Spell may not be the right word, but it clearly stimulated her third eye since that is all abut probability calculation. So it was a bit like a drug to her, I imagine.
>>
>>78294797
The absence of designated villain characters does not preclude antagonism. Especially with the background of a political conflict.
Wars usually aren't fought by shining paladins and evil sorcerers.
>>
>>78295402
>Wars usually aren't fought by shining paladins and evil sorcerers.
in 20 years they might. Instead of making war for traditional economic reasons, with modern tech you can make it an immersive VR spectacle

I mean, i'd watch it
>>
>>78294808
>implying it won't apply to future seasons

That's Sugar's idea, Steven won't deal about villains but "something more" as she herself stated. It will be more complicated than you retard think.
The show won't have evil characters. Just like the other anon said, they're antagonists at best.
>>
>>78294797
http://io9.gizmodo.com/steven-universe-is-a-show-about-fantasys-love-affair-1458060916

Here it is. She literally says the show won't have villains, not in the sense for the sake of evil. If you want good and bad, go watch star wars.
>>
>bestmom
>lore
Get hype.
>>
File: 1435190063867.jpg (357KB, 1030x624px) Image search: [Google]
1435190063867.jpg
357KB, 1030x624px
>>78295652
That's just defense lowering.

We all know which character is the true end game villain.
>>
>>78295745
I'm more interested in Malachite and Lapis/Jasper story.

But it will be interesting to see Homeworld for the first time, assuming we see it in this episode.
>>
>>78295757
She's the shadier of all of them.
>>
>>78289500
>20 years ago people were cheap and didn't think paying a lot of people for a cartoon was worth it
Fixed
>>
>>78289352
>Pearl beats Amethyst literally with her eyes closed
>>
>>78289176
>Is Garnet stronger than Ruby and Sapphire?
Yes. Listen to the song.
>non-combat fusions
That doesn't exist. Gems are war creatures.
>>
>>78289716
>SU is as cartoony as Uncle Grandpa
>>
File: whydoesntshedothisinafight.png (1MB, 1864x988px) Image search: [Google]
whydoesntshedothisinafight.png
1MB, 1864x988px
>>78296223
I think he just meant fusion outside of combat.

Obviously all fusions have greatly increased power levels, that's kind of the gimmick.
>>
>>78291889
Rocks have melted in this show
>>
>>78291952
The dress is her body
>>
>>78296193
Amethyst isn't really fit for battle, I don't think she even had any big fight. Whereas Pearl is a war veteran and probably fought many battles. No matter how strong Amethyst is, tactics and experience will always win.
>>
>>78292064
Looks like a colosseum. Could be a training academy or something.
>>
File: amethyst being cute.webm (1MB, 770x568px) Image search: [Google]
amethyst being cute.webm
1MB, 770x568px
I hope we get more cute Amy scenes in the new bomb. How long until Amedot becomes canon?
>>
>>78296193
Except Amethyst won that battle.
>>
>>78296431
Which is why Pearl got thrown into 2 injectors and was on her knees while Amethyst stood tall (while crying).

>inb4 P-p-Pearl let her win.
>>
>>78293573
Tang is spot on.
>>
>>78296494
Fair point.
>>
>>78296306
Where is Garnet's gem?
>>
>>78292648
Great. Another episode /co/ won't get to enjoy together.
>>
>>78294036
Of course they are.
>>
File: 1441158083880.jpg (323KB, 769x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1441158083880.jpg
323KB, 769x1280px
>>78296442
While it does look like the training area seen earlier in the show, it's original purpose could have been their main headquarters since it takes place when they aren't really established as a colony. It seems huge compared to other gem structures.
>>
>>78296462
Am I the only one who is not fond of Amedot? It feels like it came out of place.

Maybe Peridot has a fascination for quartz in general and considers them more important than anyone else and since Jasper isn't there, and Amethyst reminds her of Jasper?
>>
>>78296523
Hidden to keep her identity from being obvious.
>>
>it's the arena

Damn, they might actually indeed duel
>>
>>78294942
I approve of this. Give me cheeto mom and training moments with her and Steven on how to use his shield better.
>>
>>78296637
It doesn't look like the arena that much. The top walls should be higher to match the pillars.
>>
>>78296843
But Pearl even said that the war started there.
>>
File: sleeping.jpg (345KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping.jpg
345KB, 1280x1280px
Is Steven a good boy?
>>
>>78296642
So many moms...

>Garnet is wise mom
>Pearl is protective mom
>Amethyst is big sister-like mom
>Jasper is strong mom

Not sure about Peridot...
Maybe Lapis will be feminine mom?
>>
>>78296979
Steven is the best boy.
>>
File: steven has a lot of moms.jpg (473KB, 559x2236px) Image search: [Google]
steven has a lot of moms.jpg
473KB, 559x2236px
>>78297003
>>
>>78297003
They are Triangle Mom and Water Mom.
>>
>>78297003
Hard to be a mom when you're a Beach Summer Fun Buddy.
>>
>>78297057
>dead mom

Fuck, that was good.
>>
>>78293605
Peridot goes back to homeworld and sees its autoritarian bullcrap
>>
Is anyone else hoping the show will become more plot focused and have less shenanigan episodes?
>>
File: gemly fusion.jpg (1MB, 1000x9600px) Image search: [Google]
gemly fusion.jpg
1MB, 1000x9600px
>>78297232
Yes.
>>
>>78297267
Cue Steven's disappointed face.
>>
>>78297057
its a joke but i actually think is kind of acurate, if there is one underated depth of the show is its message about how is not only the parents but the entire town that raises a child
>>
>>78297232
No. I'd rather it stays character focused.
>>
File: 1444596196178.png (213KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1444596196178.png
213KB, 500x558px
>>78296523
I don't know anon, I'm stumped
>>
File: lars character development.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lars character development.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
>>78297514
Why not both?
Thread posts: 582
Thread images: 117

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.