[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best backstory for Hawkman? An alien? An Egyptian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: file.jpg (34KB, 300x469px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
34KB, 300x469px
What's the best backstory for Hawkman?

An alien? An Egyptian price? Both? Should he be from the Justice Society, or a Leaguer?
>>
>Hawkman
>choosing only one backstory
I don't understand the question, and I don't think you do either.
>>
He's a JSA man, full-stop. All his friends are there.
>>
>>78276712
If I absolutely have to pick, I prefer the reincarnated Egyptian backstory. It's more unique and I like the tragic romance angle.

But it's best to have both versions, separate, not Hawksnarl bullshit. Especially so you can have both Hawkgirls.
>>
I always liked the JLU scenario, where he was the reincarnation of an alien who was a god/royal in ancient Egypt. All the bases covered without confusion or fuss.
>>
uh oh
>>
Alien who lived as a prince in Egypt and looks for the reincarnation of his lover.
>>
>>78276712
the one where he escaped from the Flash Gordon movie, and Queen songs play wherever he goes
>>
The real question is who has the most confusing backstory:Hawkman or Donna Troy?
>>
>>78276712
Reincarnating lovers is best.

>>78277582
Donna Troy easy. Donna Troy has multiple origins no one really decided on for one person

Hawkman is fine, because he's multiple people that folks just confuse for each other.
>>
>>78277623
Finally, someone can repost that "history of Donna Troy" screencap
>>
>>78277582
Donna, because not only does she have more origins, all of them are terrible and inconsistent with the way her character is actually portrayed.
>>
>>78277623
I thought Hawkman was one guy who was an alien that lived in Ancient Egypt and was forced to reincarnate to reunite with his lover.
>>
>>78277752
Here's the short version
Carter Hall, reincarnated Egyptian prince. Much later got merged with an alien during Zero Hour, then died. Was brought back, still had some of the alien's memories

Katar Hol, alien cop, giant earthaboo, got merged with said human, then died. He dead son.

Fel Andar, he's filler for things that didn't fit when Hawkworld rolled around or some such nonsense. No one cares about him and can be safely ignored.
>>
File: DonnaTroy.jpg (1MB, 1037x2948px) Image search: [Google]
DonnaTroy.jpg
1MB, 1037x2948px
>>78277653
>>
>>78278009
Thanks man!!
>>
>>78278115
This is what happens when writers are too clever for their own good,sometimes a simple backstory is better.
>>
>>78278485
No, this is what happens when you have multiple writers over decades of canon retconning each other's material.
>>
>>78278115
So what's her New 52 backstory?

To think this all happened because a writer who was building the Teen Titans added Wonder Girl, assuming her to be an original character, when she actually was a time-displaced Diana who had adventures with her adult self.
>>
File: Hawkworld - Fly High.jpg (192KB, 1024x1557px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkworld - Fly High.jpg
192KB, 1024x1557px
Hawkworld's for me. Not just the backstory, but the character of Katar Hol as a very introspective man caught between the brutal backstabbing fascism of his once-glorious homeworld, and the imperfect freedom and ideals of his adopted planet. Not a fan of the reincarnated lovers thing, personally. It's awkward, predictable and doesn't add much to either character other than some "Awww" moments and a huge dependency on each other.
>>
>>78278707
New 52 Donna was a golem/clone of Wonder Woman who led the Amazon's to commit more acts of brutality.She went rogue to find herself and got killed off.Now a new version of Donna has appeared in the Titans Hunt comic.
>>
>>78278707
Some shit happened in WonderFinch that Titans Hunt already seems to be ignoring
>>
File: Hawkgirls.jpg (277KB, 1333x556px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkgirls.jpg
277KB, 1333x556px
>>78276712
Who is best girl?
>>
>>78280645
>New52 Hawkgirl is literally just Falcon3rd from left, because dat stomach, also JL/U
>>
File: Hawkworld - Hawkwoman 02.jpg (450KB, 1024x1613px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkworld - Hawkwoman 02.jpg
450KB, 1024x1613px
>>78280645
Silver Age Shayera for best Hawkgirl.
Hawkworld Shayera for best Hawkwoman.
>>
>>78280645
Kendra is waifu tier. Don't even care that she had a kid.
>>
>>78280796
She died after that, and then came back to life, that's like being a virgin.
>>
File: just crisis my origin up.png (101KB, 383x234px) Image search: [Google]
just crisis my origin up.png
101KB, 383x234px
>>78277479
Yeah, that's basically how Johns did it.

>>78277582
>implying that's even a contest
>>
Egyptian prince, just because it makes things simpler. That way there's only one Hawkman
>>
>>78280645
Kendra. Both of them.
>>
>>78278485
>>78278599
That's not what happened.

It's really only THREE origins: the original where she was just somehow young Wonder Woman/Wonder Woman's sister because no one cared, the rewrite to make her her own character, and the rewrite of that after Crisis to fit in with the new Wonder Woman backstory.

Everything after that is just the usual comic twists and turns that every character has hidden in their closet.
>>
>>78281411
The Byrne origin is completely different, then there's the rewrite that integrated it with all of her other origins, and then there's New 52.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.