[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Totally not the movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 8

File: STARLORD2015002-int-LR2-4-4e829.jpg (326KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
STARLORD2015002-int-LR2-4-4e829.jpg
326KB, 900x1366px
Totally not the movie
>>
Nope, no movie influence at all.
>>
>>78250752
>Yondu
Fucking how? Does Marvel even read there own comics at this point.
>>
>>78250752
They look kinda cool.
>>
>>78250752
Is that a fucking Turian?
>>
>>78250805
Humphries said he's his great-great-great-great-grandfather or some shit like that.
>>
>>78250879
That's what I assumed from the get go.
>>
>>78250879
Why though?
>>
>>78250918
Because movie.
>>
>>78250953
Movie?
>>
>>78250879
That's exactly what he said. original Yondu isn't 616 anyways so I think it's kinda fair game. At least this ensures 616 original Yondu will eventually be born.
>>
>>78250918
Because Humphries is creatively bankrupt and "I want to rewrite Peter's origin to be more like the movies" is the exact kind of pitch that Marvel editorially is creatively bankrupt enough to approve.
>>
>>78251025
I wish I could argue against this, but I really can't.

Christ, Marvel. Unfuck yourself.
>>
>>78251006
Movie.
>>
>>78251062
Ironically, making Peter the new King of Spartax is actually a pretty interesting route to take the character. An ongoing about THAT would have been pretty interesting, but Humphries would be a horrible person for it.
>>
>>78251099
Who would be good to write a political thriller about an space empire that currently works at Marvel? Duggan?
>>
>>78250918
Humphries is an awful writer whose creativity is gleaned entirely from pop culture, progressive liberalism and Beyonce songs.

Marvel editorial doesn't actually exist and is a myth.

Disney wants the comics to be like the movies.

Combine all of this and you get this shit.
>>
>>78251198
Rucka, ideally.
>>
>>78250879
comic book movies was a mistake
>>
>>78251080
Like, in a theater?
>>
Mainstream comics are marketing tools. Stop reading them and support artists and writers who are actually interested in telling stories that matter.
>>
>>78250752
NOT. MUH. YONDU.
>>
>>78250752
Tiny feet
>>
>>78250866
None of them look like a Turian.
>>
>>78251099
Not to mention the whole King of Spartax deal won't last since he's back to being Star-Lord in a future solicit and Kitty has another com8x identity.

Christ, Bendis doesn't know what he wants

>>78251198
King
>>
>>78250752
Those are some weak lame ass Ravagers designs, wow.
>>
>>78250752
> reintroduce Yondu
> leave out his freaking sweet arrow weapon.

ONE JOB Marvel and you failed at that!
>>
>>78250752
>thin transparent crest is impractical/too expensive to create with costume/makeup design. Give retarded nubby mohawk instead
>change comics to retarded rubber mohawk
>>
File: PizzaTime.gif (1020KB, 318x212px) Image search: [Google]
PizzaTime.gif
1020KB, 318x212px
>tfw never cared about cosmic shit
>tfw I read DnA's GotG before the film came out
>tfw I liked the comic
>tfw I liked the movie
>tfw after I still don't give a shit about cosmic shit
The best part is watching all dozen of you hardcore cosmic fags loose your shit
>>
>>78250752
No. It's the other way around.
They're making the comic to try to build hype for the movie
>>
Is that a tiny little Kree intelligence on the left? The green squiggly thing?
>>
>>78251622
Theater? Place where movies are played?
>>
>>78252645
Yes, Kree Supreme Intelligence goes around and plays henchman to some guy pretending to be big, bad pirate.
>>
>>78252575
Loose?
>>
>>78252575
It goes beyond cosmic fans throwing a shitfit Anon. Marvel has become completely dependent on the movies
>>
>>78250752
>Have the Ravagers now
>Don't even incorporate any of the numerous space pirates, bounty hunters, robot villains, galactic thugs, Starjammers, Shi'ar, or any characters that've been left by the wayside in Marvel's long-ass history, to try to breathe new life into them

So, the original point of Guardians of the Galaxy is just fucked out the window now, huh?
>>
>>78251062
To be fair, Marvel have been sellout movie shills since they first started cashing in on the Hulk TV show.

Say what you will about DC, and I don't want this to be company warz, but at least they believe in the comics leading the movies instead of the other way around.
>>
>>78251198
King is your man. He was born for that shit.
>>
>>78253191
but their movies are nothing like their comics
>>
>>78252710
>Marvel has become completely dependent on the movies
I disagree with this, Cap, Thor, Ironman and Avengers comics haven't been effected by the films at all, at least in no way I've seen, Ultron is still Ultron in the comics, Zola is still the same guy, the most that has changed because of the movies has been costumes. Now it is true that GotG has turned into The Movie: The Comic, but consider that before the film came out only a few dozen people knew and cared about them, I, for one, do not mind these changes at all, I just wish they had a better writer doing it. The other big thing that has been effected by the live action universe is the Agents of Shield characters showing up in comics, agaij, I don't mind this, and in fact welcome it.

I really can't hate on Marvel for recognizing that GotG made money and can pull in new readers if the old, boring, comic line was spiced up a bit, if anything that's a brilliant move to make more money, I just don't like the writer they put in charge of that team. I dunno, just how I feel, I'm sure a few of you anons will cry Shill and Drone at this post and that's fine, it doesn't matter to me what you think of me, I'm not looking to start a company war or be a loyalist, I enjoy everything that I enjoy with only a few minor regrets.
>>
>>78253191
Man, remember the Adam West Batman show? And the Batman the Animated Series show? Both had quite a huge impact on the comics at the time. I'm still waitting for DC to turn Cobblepot into a tall skinny handsome guy.
>>
>>78253022
Shi'ar and Starjammers are connected to the x-men, can't go around giving publicity to characters that marvel doesn't have the movie rights to.
>>
>>78250752
I'm more annoyed that he'll be written by dogfucker than that they're adding him to the comics, movie Yondu was pretty cool.
>>
>>78252710
the same way Star Wars has always been dependent on the toys
>>
>>78253022
That is for the better let them dumb down and make forgettable characters and let the good characters rest and wait until domeone really wants to use them.

>>78253395
Wrong, Bendis is using the Brood and Annihilus in an upcoming arc so it's not that also it's heavily rumored that he is planning Annihilation part 3, especially since he confirmed that he has a cosmic event planned.
>>
>>78253261
I think it comes down to the writers and some editors, I mean bringing in MCU Yondu and the Ravagers was Humphries' idea and bringing in Coulson and Nick Fury Jr was editorial, yet the Thor comics get little to no influence from the movies.
>>
Why does he have that plastic head thing from the movie though? The crests other Centaurians have are natural growths.
>>
>>78253458
Yeah he has some weird incoherent shit that I think it's only funny in his head like Peter randomly telling Kitty that Rocket calls him baby boo, since when?
>>
>>78254013
Probably because nobody liked the thor movies.
>>
>>78254094
I know /co/ hates it but normies liked the movies.

Also Loki alone is popular and we still kept a non-Hiddleston non-evil Kid Loki for the longest time after the movie and even teen Loki now is a completely different character from MCU Loki.
>>
>>78254168
Yeah Loki was popular but the movies weren't well received outside of women who enjoy looking at Thor
>>
>>78251006
>>78251080
>>78251622
>>78252673
This is Humphries not Bendis
>>
>>78253930
>he has a cosmic event planned.
>he
>bendis
oh dear god.
>>
>>78254013
The biggest change the Thor movies contributed to the comics is Loki, he changed to look more the film version and he got his own comic, which, if I recall correctly, was pretty well liked on /co/.
>>
>>78254272
Yep Bendis, the writer, has a cosmic event planned.
>>
>>78254258
If Bendis isn't writing, Why is his Jewish waifu still in the book? How long until he makes her ditch Quill so she can hook up with the next male charactrt he writes?
>>
>>78254487
Humphries is a Bendis scribe sand sucks up to his Jewness and even went bald in his honir so he gets to write Kitty.
>>
>>78254487
I'm pretty sure Kitty isn't in Starlord (the book OP is from and being written by Humphries) right now, since it's an origin story.

At the same time, haven't read it, don't plan on reading it.
>>
>>78254487
>If Bendis isn't writing, Why is his Jewish waifu still in the book?
She isn't. This is a Year One story about an 18 year old Peter.
>>
>>78254392
Why don't you tell us your opinion on it, instead of what you think everyone elses's opinion is, next time you post?
>>
>>78250752
Who is that gorgeous dark lady
>>
File: 1447863588442.jpg (258KB, 376x473px) Image search: [Google]
1447863588442.jpg
258KB, 376x473px
>>78253930
>it's heavily rumored that he is planning Annihilation part 3
>>
>>78254735
Place your bets now for who kills Richard: Sam or Kitty.
You know it's happening.
>>
>>78254899
It's going to be Kitty, Bendis wouldn't dare have anyone else take the glory.
>>
>>78254932
I feel like Jeph would want his dead son to claim the glory of killing the character Sam could never match
>>
>>78254967
Jeph is on marvel tv nowdays, not comics.
>>
>>78255023
He'll hold the shows hostage if he doesn't get what he wants.
He was on tv projects when he was writing the first 5 issues, and vowed to return.
>>
>>78253930
Not surprised the Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest ommibuses sold well, people recognize it as THE Cosmic event and Black Vortex was a mostly ignored dud.

Bendis probably wants to capitalize on that like they are doing Civil War II, hell he's already setting Annihilus as a big bad for something and the Galactic Council os going to be back according to a future solicit.
>>78254899
Rich is not even going to be in there, lol, at best he gets one mention of previously killing Annihilus.

Sam is just going to be there to job hard to Bendis' pet characters and be a bacjground character, poor kid has been getting the shit treatment.

But yeah Kitty is going to save the day.
>>
>>78255047
They are shitting on his character as of late and he hasn't done anything, eitheir he doesn't know or he doesn't give a fuck anymore as long as Sam just continues being THE Nova.
>>
>>78255123
I guarantee you his corpse, that somehow made it out of the cancerverse, will be reanimated by Annihilus.
>>78255218
Richard gets shat on more still.
>>
>>78254448
I don't know if my body is ready for celestials communicating in bendistalk.
>>
File: he cant.gif (946KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
he cant.gif
946KB, 245x245px
>>78253930
as an anally devastated Dna-fag, I'm on the verge of breaking in tears
this is the world we live in
>>
>>78251025
But Marvel is the House of Ideas, the marketing team said so
>>
>>78255274
We all know Rich gets shat on more but that's moot, it doesn't stop the fact that Sam still gets heavily shat on, as well Guardians of Knowhere, ANADA, New Warriors in a way, he was a non entity on Black Vortex, Sam doesn't sell like Kamala or Miles nor is he as popular so Marvel doesn’t care as much.
>>
>>78255379
The house of bad ideas, maybe.
>>
File: twohundreddollars.gif (2KB, 200x144px) Image search: [Google]
twohundreddollars.gif
2KB, 200x144px
>>78254623
Because, if we're being honest here, I didn't read more than the first issue because I never really cared about the character. However, I will say that that one issue was very well written and the interior art work was great, the scene with Loki reminding Thor than Tony and Reed made a clone of him without his permission was my favorite bit from the comic. And the story they were leading into seemed good, I just never bothered to continue reading it. It's hard to give my opinion on a comic I haven't actually read, but I do remember that it isn't constantly being shit on by /co/, so there is that.

bitch
>>
>>78253930

Shit you're making me paranoid, especially since Humphries said he was going to be exploring Peter's early life in his comic and said that there was a lot to fill between Bendis' origin issues and the Annihilation event.

Also Bendis not so recently said that he likes that event, noooooooo.
>>
>>78255575
That sounds awful, who thought that handing off marvel cosmic to these two was a smart idea?
>>
>>78252214
Humphries confirmed in one interview that him and Bendis always knew the king of Spartax thing was going to be just one story arc and that's why Humphries felt it was the right time to do the origin story while Bendis did that. It's not something that just happened on the run.
>>
>>78254487
There's one problem with that, Bendis isn't going to leave with Kitty again. He doesn't own the character. Either the Guardians franchise or the X-Men will keep her. Hell that's why Bendis will never leave in the first place (that and her daughters who love the book).
>>
>>78256463
Just like they kept Angela, OK.

He also let her go in USM a couple of time and then fot her back.
>>
>>78256384
Yeah but there was no payoff or anything we didn’t get to see Peter properly deal with that so far and I doubt we ever will.

Also the electiom thing dragged on for a long ass time too
>>
Is nova back yet?
>>
>>78256731
Yes, Frankie Raye came back a few years ago but they never really did anything with her.
>>
>>78255575
I'm not looking forward to Humphries writing Ship or the battle against the fallen one.
>>
>>78253299
To be fair the Batman 66 inspired comics bombed hard and in like two years they completely retooled the character.

And Batman TAS was very close to the comics at the time anyway, which is what I mean by the shows following the comics. There were a shit ton of TAS tie-in comics, though.

It's actually pretty amazing how little the 1989 movie and TDK actually influenced the comics direction considering how massive they were.
>>
>>78256884
Shit really?

That fucking sucks actually.
>>
>>78256636
Angela didn't have an established series. Good luck trying to take her out of Thor now. And she had two series in Ultimate Spider-Man and X-Men. She never went to any other series except Ultimates at the end and that was because there was no more X-Men. Ultimates even almost reads like an Spider book.
>>
File: CammiAnnihilationFlashback.jpg (98KB, 730x630px) Image search: [Google]
CammiAnnihilationFlashback.jpg
98KB, 730x630px
>>78256930
Pretty sure they are skipping that part of they ever reference Annihilation, probably make it so Peter ends up in the Kyln for stealing something and then pick it up from there and remove anythimg interesting about the character.

Pic related is a flashback to Annihilation in Avengers Arena, tell me what's wrong.
>>
> giant red Mohawk Yondu will never come back

;_;
>>
>>78256463
Bendis can just ask for Kitty if he jumps ship or gives her back to the X-Men.
>>
>>78257437
The point still stands, Bendis can give up Kitty nothing attaches her to a franchise and if you think that you haven't been reading comics long enough.

>>78257557
He's in Guardians of Infinity.
>>
>>78257543
Without context? That picture makes it look like Drax was the leader instead of Nova.
>>
>>78257543
Peter didn't become Star-Lord again until Annihilation Conquest.
>>
>>78257557
It's a fin, and he's in guardians of infinity along with all of the OG guardians, well except for Aleta who apparently doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>78257597
I'm sure he can't just ask for her if he doesn't have an story that justifies it. Especially because Lemire (in X-Men) and Humphries (in Guardians) will want to keep her.
>>
>>78257686
Humphries uses her anyway, and Bendis will let her go if he doesn't have a good story for her not everyone thinks on waifu term like 4chan does, grow up.
>>
>>78256930
Ship is already gone (the tragedy of Starlord will be just that he killed all that people, not that he also killed Ship). Humphries confirmed he won't re write Annihilation and that Giffen's story is and will remain canon.
>>
>>78257667
Fuck, okay, I forgot that. Honestly, I was so surprised they included Rider there, I assumed the fuckup HAD to involve him.
>>
>>78257686
Bendis goes and leaves Humphries in charge, he fucks up and then whoever comes back eitheir makes a better job at writing Kitty or kicks her out and Lemire get her, there.

Characters come and go in comics as long as editorial approves it.
>>
>>78257761
Not surprised if they ever retcon Rich taking out Annihilus although if they kept it canon in Sam's comic they probably won't care.
>>
>>78252343
i give it 3 issues before he steals it
>>
>>78257543
Annihilation will stay canon, DnA too. Everything before Annihilation is what's gone.
>>
>>78253930
>Annihilation as done by Bendis

I think I'm going to be sick.
>>
>>78254487
I think Bendis would want her waifu to have a lasting happy married relationship like he did with his husbando Luke Cage instead of whoring her around until no one respects her.
>>
>>78250752

legendary starlord always felt like a movie tie-in comic to begin with. i don't get how this is anything new?
>>
>>78258066
That's a normal feeling with bendis.
>>
>>78261318
Basically Peter wasn't abducted by them as a child.
>>
>>78251560
I agree
>>
File: Queen_Tyr'ahnee[1].jpg (18KB, 278x494px) Image search: [Google]
Queen_Tyr'ahnee[1].jpg
18KB, 278x494px
What is my waifu doing there?
>>
>>78262001
it's duck season
>>
>>78254392
>he changed to look more the film version

Please stop spreading these filthy lies. What exactly were you expecting comic Loki to look like without the helmet? A butch redhead with brown eyes and a bushy beard?

Yes, they de-uglyfied him, but that was to show he was on a redemption arc, and he was on that before the movies. McKelvie went to a lot of trouble to design a costume that included elements from Loki's past comic designs.
>>
File: Loki - Agent of Asgard 016-009.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Loki - Agent of Asgard 016-009.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>78254392
not even slightly. hiddleston is still a pasty middle-aged man with his hair slicked back.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.