[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the general opinion on The Wicked + The Divine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: TWTD_1A.jpg (210KB, 700x1082px) Image search: [Google]
TWTD_1A.jpg
210KB, 700x1082px
So what's the general opinion on The Wicked + The Divine?
>>
The story seems mildly interesting but I find the art so bland and static I can't focus on it.
>>
>>78250342
I love Gillen, but I can't get into it.
>>
>>78250342
Some people love it, some people hate it.

In two years it will be dead.
>>
>>78250342
hipster tumblr shit with shit art.
>>
>>78250342
Storytime please?
>>
>>78250342
The worst comic Image has ever published, sub-Liefeld, to call it a trainwreck would be an insult to the memory of all lives lost in train wrecks.
>>
>>78250467

10/10 post
>>
>>78250342
I thought it was Gillen Young Avengers.
>>
>>78250342
meme liberal shit. The cover pages are just off putting. They're so needlessly in your face
>>
>>78250467
Thread is downhill from here.
>>
>>78250865
that's the point
>>
>>78250724
>>78250845
We can play buzzword bingo with this thread. Someone post the card.
>>
>>78250885
horay.
>>
Honestly?

It's fucking great. The storie unique and pretty captivating. Reads better in volume form since you'll get a few heavy dialog build up issues but every exchange leads to something. By far one of my favorite on going image series. The art is gorgious and one of those comics where you can just have a second read through and focus primarily on the visuals. I adore it. Fuck the buzzword crazed haters.
>>
The issue focusing on Odin was fucking cringe.

No one wants to see a reincarnated god blather on like an idiot about the patriarchy.

But other than that, its a neat read.
>>
>>78251179
His entire point wasn't to be sanctimonious but to neutralize the tranny Asian bitch's sanctimony, which worked. Also he was right, that alpha beta male shit is popularized nonsense.

The Amaterasu issue however was eyeroll worthy.
>>
File: image_12.jpg (50KB, 379x417px) Image search: [Google]
image_12.jpg
50KB, 379x417px
I want to fuck everybody in this book but mostly Ammy. Cause I'm a weebabu.
>>
>>78250342
I was actually angry after reading it. I've never seen so many terrible characters or unsatisfying twists and plot developments. It's like it was written by a 4th grader, Gillen who has no idea how to build suspense or foreshadow ideas or flesh out his characters. It's just 'Check out this rad idea and all this CRAZY shit that happens!'
>>
>>78250342
I like how no one really gives a shit that gods walk among mortals.
>>
>>78251302
I dunno man, Baal and Baphomet seem pretty alpha to me.

Odin is just insanely insecure.
>>
>>78251355
So he's been learning from BKV?
>>
>>78250342
Started off well enough but its petered out with recent issues
>>
>>78251446
This guy >>78251302 is probably right but Woden strikes me as someone whose trying to deny the fact that he is in fact a beta male to make him feel better about himself.
>>
I like it until no more Luci
>>
it takes concepts and ideas better done in other series (God is Dead, Sandman) and makes them appealing to the modern internet youth culture. When it does more original stuff I like it, but it moves really slow.

Overall I'd give it a 6-8/10 depending on the issue.
>>
>>78250342
i hate the characters, the art is booring, the plot and the lore is incredibly superficial.
i particularly despise the cliche of the protagonist who gets a taste of heaven and then spends the rest of the story whining and throwing a tantrum demanding to get back there without ever doing something to deserve it.

or the cliche of the character who is an asshole and then goes and gives a full speech about how he is an asshole, how he is aware that he is an asshole and how terrible he is for being an asshole.
they did the same shit with tomorrowland
>>
>you've learned so much that you know nothing
i threw up in my mouth when i read that line, holy shit do i hate this book
>>
I like it.
I think the people that trash it should go back to their capeshit
>>
>>78254577

>tantrum demanding to get back there without ever doing something to deserve it.

None of the gods "deserved" it, shit was kinda random. maybe a little bit of the point
>>
>>78251953
>God is Dead,
Opinion discarded
>>
>>78254767

I think he meant American Gods, unless this story has Hercules getting hit by a car in it too.
>>

7,69/10

pretty good. Feels a bit too shallow which is not as interesting without the subversion YA has
>>
>>78250342
the guest artist arc has been brutal each of them has been worst than the last.
>>
>>78254659
im not talking about the gods, im talking about the main character, and im saying that she acted as if just because she wanted to be famous then the the world owed it to her, she was so riduclously self entitled, so desperate to be special, didnt even do something to be proven worthy,didnt try to build something of her own, she just acted like groupie and that was it.
oh and she snapped her fingers, and she talked about never stopping snapping her fingers as if it is this powerful statement of defiance when is nothing but dumb wish fufilment, i was so glad when she finally died.
just thinking about it makes me mad
>>
>>78250342
it kinda looks like there are lesbians in it. are they?
>>
>>78250410
This mostly
The story itself is just fine, characters are kinda interesting, it could be written better, but the art is easily the worst part of the entire book.
>>
>>78255066
...so realistic middle class teenage girl.
>>
>>78255254
just because its realistic doesnt mean is a compelling character, there are many other ways to write a teenager that are actually engaging to read
>>
>>78250342
uninspired as fuck name
>>
>>78254640
Hilarious since like everyone else who likes this comic you probably only read it because you followed Gillen here from his Marvel stuff.
>>
I think the book got better after they killed the main character.
>>
I like it, but I'm not a sociologist. I didn't take any surveys.
>>
I liked it for a while, felt coherent and had momentum, focus, but it feels like it's lost its way a bit. Such a vast cast with crazy names, alliances, relationships, kind of meandering or hard to follow. Maybe i'm due for a reread from the start. Might drop it from pull list after this 17 and dl or trade wait.
>>
>>78256078

Not him, but Gillen's first book I read was Phonogram. But I'm not an idiot, so I don't automatically say that every story of one type is shit, there's really good superhero stories.
>>
>>78250342
blah
>>
>>78250342
i enjoy it. it feels like gillen is taking real risks with the direction of the story and not letting anyone take things for granted.

Lucifer being killed was a gut punch, but unsurprising in retrospect. Offing Laura was a huge shock I don't think many saw coming.

this current arc with exploring the gods and their past isn't as interesting though. some of the stories are neat, but it doesn't feel like there's any solid narrative right now. guest artists are hit and miss too.
>>
>>78256078
>tried phonogram and didn't care for it
>read only a little of gillen's JiM, wasn't interested
>hated young avengers because it was overrated tumblr shit
>tried W+D on a whim and enjoy it a lot
i guess im the odd one out
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.