[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All I ever hear on /co/ is >Season 2 was god tier! >Season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: Arrow-Season-4-costume-preview.jpg (131KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Arrow-Season-4-costume-preview.jpg
131KB, 720x480px
All I ever hear on /co/ is
>Season 2 was god tier!
>Season 3 was shit!

No one ever even mentions Season 1. Watching Season 1 episodes on Netflix is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, because the show was so different when they were just figuring things out. Having insider info and knowing how things eventually turned out makes Season 1 a surreal experience
>>
>>78239639
The show was alot mopier in the first season, but they pulled off emotions better because they fit the mood.
>>
>>78239639
1 isn't mentioned because it's pretty bad for the most part.

Though I haven't watched it in ages
>>
Remember before the show started and all we head were a few details and everyone thought Barrowman would be playing Bruce Wayne or Maxwell Lord

really brings me back
>>
>>78239732
Oh yeah, Batman was constantly thrown around.

Especially with how little he showed up in the beginning
>>
Honestly I really like season 1, the only problem is that it's Batman as fuck even moreso than any other season. And I guess the romance stuff was kind of annoying, but compared to s3 it was forgivable.
>>
>>78239698
It was less crowded at the very least. Season 3 of Arrow had like fifteen named protagonists.
>>
ollie got so much ass in Season 1

like ridiculous amounts especially if you count the flashbacks
>>
>>78239785
I miss Indian cop.
>>
>>78239732
Damn, he'd be a great Max Lord.
>>
>>78239847
I miss Walter

also her name is Shiva
>>
>>78239862
SHIVA KAMINI SONDAR KALASOMETHING

Walter was a fucking bro
>>
Imagine the character assassination Tommy would have gone through by now if he were still alive
>>
>currently watching the first episode with the dark archer season 1 episode 9
>show a pic of the Lance family
>that different actress as Sara

oh shit I completely forgot about that

anyone know why she was replaced?
>>
>>78239883
I prefer to think Tommy would have been the sane one and not been ok with them going hero constantly and pulling in other people to the group.

>>78239916
Maybe they didn't think they would bring her back.

Actually no, they even kept the same actress for when River went around Asia searching for her with that picture.

Other actress probably didn't/couldn't keep up with the action?
>>
>>78239983
>when River went around Asia searching for her with that picture.

I dont remember this
>>
File: 1449359800568.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449359800568.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>78239883
>>78239983
we all know what Tommy would have turned into
>>
>>78240021
She left one episode and came back way later on. She'd gone to Asia because somebody sent her a picture of an American girl that looked like Sara but she never found the girl/Sarah.

I think she came back giving up

>>78240042
Shh anon, I prefer to believe.
>>
>>78239639
There isn't really anything to talk about season 1.

Personally, it is guilty pleasure of mine, because while I don't like Nolan's Batman, I think that his pseudo-realistic shit works in cheap TV show with bad acting. I like Green Batman more than Baletman
>>
>>78239639
Oh god I just remembered that awful Huntress arc. S1 is bad but unlike S3, it at least had its moments. "The Odyssey" and "Dead to rights" are some of my favorite episodes of the entire show.
>>
Was Wintergreen with Slade?

Fyres states that Yao Fei and one other person were prisoners on the island that they were trying to capture
>>
>>78239639
Season 1 was kind of boring honestly. I tried to watch it and while a couple episodes were good, for the most part it was pretty meh.

Really the best thing we got out of Arrow was Flash, because it was the success of that show that made WB realize the TV division actually had promise and allowed them to make shows like Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.
>>
>>78240184
yeah, Wintergreen switched sides when they were captured or something like that.
>>
>>78240159
I never got what everybody's big problem with Huntress was. Yeah, it's silly that she could fight so well but it is a comic book show.

>>78240184
As far as I remember, they were together but Wintergreen took Fyres offer to join up and almost killed Slade.
>>
>>78240215
>>78240216
so was he a prisoner like Yao Fei or just took Fyres officer
>>
>>78240230
They were checking out what Fyres was doing on the island, crashlanded, and then got stuck there. Wintergreen then accepted Fyres offer while Slade didn't.
>>
>>78239639
RADIOACTIVE

RADIOACTIVE
>>
>>78240344
Tommy ;(
>>
>>78240355
Still the douchiest thing Ollie's done.
>>
Arrow Season 1 is interesting in the sense that it's probably the last remnant of the fully real world Nolan inspired DC.

Once they went to Season 2, they started experimenting with going more comic-like and bringing in some of the really outrageous stuff DC is known for. We Mirakuru, the Flash intro, etc. And it's really snowballed from there, with Constantine, Legends and Supergirl. Even BvS and their other movies looks to be going full comic book, with gods, Doomsday, etc.

Arrow Season 1 is the end of an conceptual era.
>>
>>78240503
what about smallville
>>
File: Arrow-Lone-Gunmen-1x03-008[1].jpg (173KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Arrow-Lone-Gunmen-1x03-008[1].jpg
173KB, 800x533px
>>78239639
S1 has lots of problems but I fucking loved Deadshot.
>>
I loved season 1.

It starts off weird and it has Oliver doing terrible internal monologues too much but when Dark Archer shows up , the show gets good.
>>
Why the fuck did they use Accomplished Perfect Physician as the island Chinese bow guy instead of Divine Archer?
>>
season one has its issues but the island scenes on season one are better than ANY over the span of the show
>>
In retrospect, all seasons were pretty bad. Season 2 being the least shit.
>>
>>78240732
>but the island scenes on season one are better than ANY over the span of the show
Yeah, they carried the fuck out of the first season. It was at its most pure when he was just stuck on the island with guys with guns with no idea what was happening, and all the later stuff they teased in S1
>When the fuck did he join the Russian gang?
turned out to be way less interesting than it seemed
>>
I want them to bring Huntress back and finish her redemption arc
>>
>>78240781
>turned out
It's not over yet. He still has no star tattoo.
That's the only reason I still watch that show. Just give me more KGBeast, Arrow writers. I don't care for Reiter or this version of Katana and her husband
>>
>>78240800
I think it was finished in comics? It turns out she slut her way through criminal world in Europe, got money, got training, got connections and then Ollie fucked her up.
>>
>>78240937
Wait, so they turned her back into a villain after setting her up for redemption in the show? That's as bad as them killing off Bronze Tiger in the comics.
>>
>>78239639

Season two gets recommended because it's pretty excellent from day one. Season one gets really good once Slade shows up, so it gets mentioned less, and the fact that S2 completely overshadows everything it did makes it less likely to be talked about. S3 gets too much blind hate, it's got problems but it's still pretty okay. People just now hate Felicity and like whine about how Ra's wasn't good enough and Sara dying was dumb, etc.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gpu1J6C0CY
>>
I love S1. I still maintain S2 > S1 >>>>> S3

I like seeing Oliver lead a double life. I like seeing him acting like a badass and taking out multiple guys by himself. The fight choreography was better in S1. The stakes felt higher. It felt like a more grounded story, kinda familiar to how Daredevil feels in the beginning.

Also, the drama actually made a lot more sense in S1. People had reasons to be emotional. Unlike now where the only real dramatic tension you get is from Felicity throwing tantrums.

For some reason, the writing just went to shit in season 3. Now season 4 is just a mess. The show isn't Arrow anymore. It's basically a shallow spin-off of what it used to be. Unfortunately, it can't really turn back to what made it great either because it has already crossed so many lines. Flash kinda fucked it up.

Flash is great but the two shows are just so different. Arrow tried to ride on the Flash bandwagon and lost what made it so good. I'm enjoying the crossovers, but it just feels like another episode of Flash to me. Arrow is gone.
>>
>>78240159
Eh, I think it was the actress that played Huntress or just the way they made her act. She just wasn't likeable and had no redeeming qualities at all, so she was hard to watch.
>>
File: 1426737870528.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426737870528.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>yfw Shado's twin sister
>>
File: and then there's this asshole.jpg (98KB, 576x489px) Image search: [Google]
and then there's this asshole.jpg
98KB, 576x489px
>>78241464
That was stupid, yeah. mfw
>>
>>78241464
triggered
>>
>>78241141
>>78241381
Everything wrong with Season 3 and to some extent Season 4 was already common in Season 2. Arrow's never been a good show, just an entertaining one.
>>
>>78239698
>1 isn't mentioned because it's pretty bad for the most part.
It wasn't it got better and better as it went on
Just ignore huntress
>>
>>78239639
Rewatching Season 1. Feels pretty comfy tbqh. Also sad, knowing it all goes to shit in Season 3.
>>
>>78241464
>hongkongwasamistake.jpg
>>
Just realized her cancelation effect didn't rub off on Arrow
>>
so more proof that Lance is the best http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kaley-cuoco-is-dating-arrow-star-paul-blackthorne-w159757
>>
>>78243214
Girl got daddy issues.
>>
>>78240536
Smallville was pre-"real world Nolan inspired" DC
>>
I miss the gritty tone of S1. I know it was too much and S2 was a better mix of grit and camp, but at this point it's a little too much in the opposite direction with magic and Turbo Man Ray Palmer and so on.

Arrow could really get some of its edge back, not everything has to be The Flash.
>>
>>78240021
River Song not River Tam. I was confused too
>>
>>78243214
>Paul Blackthorne tapping that piece of ass

God bless him.
>>
File: boxing glove arrow.webm (110KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
boxing glove arrow.webm
110KB, 480x320px
>>78245201
Early S3 struck a good balance before it was overshadowed by Ollicity shit. Boxing Glove arrow was GOAT
>>
>>78239639
S1 is easily my favourite season of Arrow.
More about secret identities and everything surrounding that, and PTSD-Ollie is without a doubt the best version of CW-Green Arrow.

Also, the Ollie-Diggle relationship is really funny for the first few episodes.
>>
>>78245869
>Ollie just opens the door and disappears from the car
That was the best gag. How many times did he do it, 3 or 4 times?
>>
>>78245400
The three episodes where Brick attacked the city and everyone had to cope without Oliver was pretty good. The midseason finale was also based.

I only hated the parts with Felicity. Everything else felt pretty comfy. Especially Barry and Ray
>>
>>78240400
Why ? Laurel had left Tommy at the time. Boning Sarah while he was still with her sister was WAY douchier.
>>
>>78246891
He told Tommy more than once he would leave Laurel alone

Tommy only dropped Laurel because he thought Oliver banging her again was an inevitability

Tommy was going to get her back

Sees Oliver giving her the d
>>
>>78241464
I really can't believe they went there. WHY?!
>>
>>78249113
Why not
>>
>>78249270
In a show that already feels "soap opera" it just felt way too much "soap opera"
>>
>>78240114
>Personally, it is guilty pleasure of mine, because while I don't like Nolan's Batman, I think that his pseudo-realistic shit works in cheap TV show with bad acting.

You know I never really saw it that way but it was a little camp with some grit to it.
>>
>>78239639
Season 1 was an odd experience. I recall watching the first half and just riffing off of every moment because the dialogue was cheeseball. Didn't help that Ollie was killing fuckers left and right, with barely any consequences for having the body count of a mass murder.

Then I stopped around the mid season hiatus, mostly because I didn't know when it was resuming and didn't care that much. It wasn't until S2 was coming up that I decided to finish the first season, with me taking an anon's suggestion of just skipping the Huntress episodes entirely.

Other than S3, I don't regret watching the show.
>>
>>78246979
I remember thinking of that scene when we got to the end of the season, and all I could think of was Ollie and Laurel dry humping on top of Tommy's rebarred corpse while 'Radioactive' plays again.
>>
>>78246130
>The three episodes where Brick attacked the city and everyone had to cope without Oliver was pretty good
Those were awful
>>
>>78251755
Brick was the only good part!
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.