[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's quite a stretch, but this scenario popped up in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Disney-Frozen-Toys-Promo-2013.jpg (117KB, 633x458px) Image search: [Google]
Disney-Frozen-Toys-Promo-2013.jpg
117KB, 633x458px
It's quite a stretch, but this scenario popped up in my head the other day.

>What if an animated film became the highest grossing film in the world?
Pic somewhat related
>>
>>
but avatar is animated
>>
Minions 2
pray for the world if that ever happens
>>
>>78236313
>>78236356
It has some live action in it so that prevents it from counting.
>>
>>78236391

jesus fucking christ what a sad state of affairs that would be
>>
>>78236285
Animation may be saved and not thought of as "kid's stuff".
>>
I know this is a bit off your topic, OP, but I finally figured out the appeal of Frozen after seeing a pretty equal split between Frozen toys and Star Wars toys on sale where I work.

It's like Star Wars for girls.
>>
>>78236477
what if they made a Korra movie?
>>
File: 23597ELSANNA.png (453KB, 551x782px) Image search: [Google]
23597ELSANNA.png
453KB, 551x782px
>>78236285

Just give the people what they want (Elsanna) and it will happen Disney.
>>
Does it really matter? I mean, Han Solo is killed by his son, Kylo Ren.
>>
>>78242455
He should've made the choice. He should've either killed Kylo Ren or nuked Tatooine but obviously did neither.
>>
File: 1378081529723.gif (2MB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
1378081529723.gif
2MB, 500x222px
It would be the most generic, boring filmed aimed at the lowest common denominator that would be forgotten in a year if retards didn't make it popular and have assloads of merchandise
Then the entire fucking animation industry would be shit for years because you would see loads of copycats being spawned in the hopes of making the money the film did
Fuck you this movie was shit
>>
>>78236285

I'm kinda surprised an animated film *doesn't* currently hold the title.

Animated films tend to be family-friendly so you start with a wider box office appeal right out of the gate, its not like you're going to take the kids to see Showgirls.

Animated Films essentially have an infinite special effects budget. It costs the same to animate Elsa's snow monster as it did to animate her being coronated.

There have been times when Disney animated films *were* the top-grossing films, havent they? And accounting for inflation, some of the films are still way up the list, right? Snow White made *tons* of money.

And lets face it, Avatar is an animated film, that it has some live action doesn't really negate its primary status.
>>
>>78236477
Does it? Roger Rabbit counts.
Honestly movies are such CGIfests these days might aswell call them animated.
>>
File: eye rolling intensifies.jpg (230KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
eye rolling intensifies.jpg
230KB, 500x375px
>>78242427
>implying "the people" en masse would "want" a homo incest ship
You spent too much time on /frz/, kiddo, it warped your view on reality
>>
>>78244902
Snow White may or may not have passed Birth of a Nation for a short time before Gone With The Wind took the top spot.

It's currently #10 inflation-adjusted, and if Force Awakens breaks 2 Billion will get kicked off the list.
>>
>>78242455
You mean Jacen Solo.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.