[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Superman and Wonder Woman is over. I wasn't that into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Super duper cute.jpg (3MB, 1337x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Super duper cute.jpg
3MB, 1337x2048px
So Superman and Wonder Woman is over.

I wasn't that into it at the start, but I was interested to see Superman with someone other than Lois. I didn't want to be Wonder Woman because I was afraid it would only last a short while before it was ended, and it would then hang over Superman and Wonder Woman for a long time. Whenever they interact in future Justice League issues, its going to be fucking awkward. I think its perfectly possible to have ex's working on the same team, but why the fuck would DC do that with Superman and Wonder Woman? Plus there is going to be the inevitable pining, whining and Supercuck shitposting.

Basically, SMxWW could have worked if they had stuck to it, been best to have never happened, and the worst case scenario is to have them together for a while then change it a few years later. Guess which option DC chose?
>>
Except if you would at least glance at the solicits you'd see that the Superbooks are handling the fallout and will smooth over the awkwardness to get them back to normal teammates and JL won't have to force in any drama. Johns will prefer to sweep it under the rug too because he never liked the pairing.

Also there's already a thread >>78228074
>>
Things will get really bad, though, when they pair up Wonder Woman with Batman. God, it will be so bad. This will poison pretty much all over the Trinity interaction.
>>
Sucks when things like this happen because makes you wonder if there's any point in reading comics at all. They are endless and things happening will eventually be ignored or rebooted or ignored and rebooted. There will be a fallout for a time but eventually it will be like nothing happened and that's dumb. The only thing left to wonder is who will be their next partners and how bad their break up will eventually be.
>>
Superman/Wonder Woman was shitty because of how the writers treated Wonder Woman.

She was either the nagging girlfriend who complained about Superman's double life and his need to keep their relationship a secret under Charles Soule's pen;
Or as this bloodthirsty warrior without empathy for others who had to be schooled by Superman about the the importance of saving people's lives near them under Peter Tomasi's pen.
>>
>>78233536
>So Superman and Wonder Woman is over.
what, just now?

took them this long to realize nobody gave a fuck?

i still miss azarello's run of wondy
>>
>>78234312

There is also this constant characteristic under all the writers of her trying to help Superman by any means necessary while knowing very little about him.

For example her trying to find Superman under Soule without success because she didn't think of searching for him in his apartment or under Tomasi when she invaded the government and lassoed Superman's friends about thing they know about him despite Superman not liking things handled that way.
>>
>>78234312
>>78234417

Probably a case of writer being passive aggressive and writing Wonder Woman as a bad girlfriend. The other Superman writers were doing everything they could to ignore the relationship. In Action Comics you had them constantly pairing Superman with Lana, in Superman you still have the writers constantly pairing Superman with Lois and in Batman/Superman a villain even targeted Batman because he was Superman's one true love. No Wonder Woman in any of them.
>>
SS and WW only existed so that SS and LL didn't feel like status quo.
>>
>>78234620
Makes you wonder how these decisions are taken. If everyone but one guy disagrees over doing something, why do it in the first place? It's a recipe for disaster. Why not do something that the majority can agree on; or if you are gonna do something only a few people want, why not have those characters being handled by that group of people?
>>
so uhhh, who is she with now?
>>
>>78234906
>>
File: 271115tpm.jpg (14KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
271115tpm.jpg
14KB, 300x400px
>>78235005
>>
>>78234312
The whole relationship came across like a 'serious' fanfic that was written by some raving fanboy trying to be taken seriously.

Soured me off of the majority of New52 content.
>>
>>78233797
Geoff is pushing her with Steve again and I think with the WW it's the pairing that will happen, not to mention a lot of the DC higher ups that are still on DC don't like WW/BM at least according to Kelly.
>>
File: 1378269922931.png (1MB, 1216x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1378269922931.png
1MB, 1216x1045px
>>78236015
>don't like WW/BM at least according to Kelly.
I know that i'm biased having grown up with it, but why is this?
>>
>>78236015

>not to mention a lot of the DC higher ups that are still on DC don't like WW/BM at least according to Kelly.

What did he said? Because Johns shipping Steve/WW doesn't mean anything. She was shipping them during Trinity War as well.
>>
>>78236081
>She was shipping them during Trinity War as well.

You mean he was building the SM/WW since Trinity War
If you look closely, you'll see that there are no SM/WW romantic moments in JL since Forever Evil
>>
>>78238006
Building the SM/WW breakup*
>>
>>78238006

No, i mean that Johns was teasing Steve/WW in Trinity War. Superman/Wonder Woman started since the first arc and culminated during the second arc.
>>
>>78238044
aren't all ships in comics just building the breakup?
>>
>>78236015
Who the fuck is Kelly?
>>
>>78238131
Yea.
>>
>>78235774
Oooh explain how it soured you on Midnighter.
>>
Sad. It wasn't like they tried to make it cute or meaningful or even just fun and refreshing.

The part where they had to fight the alien plant Clark gave her was like all we fucking got and that was only good before they fought the plant. One good scene, thats it.

Even if you disliked the pairing or find the characters difficult to write that's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>78238184

Apollo and Midnighter break up was really shitty as well. I'm not that anon, by the way.
>>
>>78236059
>>78236081
Two years ago Kelly said in an interview that when he wrote JLA he was building up a WW/BM relationship and wanted said relationship to go on for awhile but that his Editor told him to break it up since some of the higher ups didn’t like it and the Batman Editors and some of the writers didn’t want to deal with it and wanted to keep WW off the Bat books.

Which is why he broke them up in JLA #90 then he said that some of those people were still at DC.

Although with the story triumphs continuity thing that they have going on now who knows, still don't expect Batman/WW to go beyond flirting and UST any time soon, also Geoff seems to be rekindling her feelings for Steve now and most of his BM/WW stuff was him before reading through WW comics so now that he actually likes her he might have other ideas for her.
>>
>>78238795
Things might have changed. Synder like WW for example and said he would love to write her. If it doesnt gappen in the comics we still have DCEU
>>
>>78233536
>So Superman and Wonder Woman is over.
Has this been confirmed? God I hope so. Shit only been cringey as fuck. And I know it's sales have been mediocre for a long while. I'm surprise DC didn't cancel this shit years ago.
>>
>>78238795
Who are the 'higher ups' that are always mentioned and why would they care about specific pairings?

The board members and whoever they have appointed at CEO, CFO, etc, would only care about profits and marketability, I highly doubt that the majority of them are deep enough into the fanon that they even attempt to forecast Wonderbat doing anything, especially in relation to profits.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.