[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman and Robin Eternal #11

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 23

In which Harper takes a ride in Cassandra's backstory
>>
>>
Yes, its the hair
>>
>>
>>78223417
I fucking love Guillem March
>>
>>78223417
That cover looks a little bizarre~
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78223432
>You've been through so much

So now not only is Harper the coolest, smartest, and most well liked member of the bat family, she's now apparently going to out-tragic backstory the rest of them too?

>>78223450
And yes, exposing that extremely identifiable haircut is beyond stupid.
>>
>>
lol Dick
>>
>>78223503
I know this is the pre-new 52 eplanation for her inability to speak as well, but I always thought it was funny because we actually do have case studies of children raised without anyone speaking to them. Yes, they have a very hard time learning new languages, no they aren't kung fu masters.
>>
>>
>>
>>78223642
>she's now apparently going to out-tragic backstory the rest of them too?

This issue was clearly to show Cassandra tops all of them in that regard.
>>
>>78223679
How many of those children were raised to be assassins?
>>
>>78223689
Wait, there's only 19 pages?
>>
>>78223783
Count the double spreads.
>>
>>78223556
really now.
>>
>>78223689
goddamnit Dick
>>
>>78223521
>Harper lezzing out with Mind Projection Cass.
>>
>>78223642
>she's now apparently going to out-tragic backstory the rest of them too

That started a couple issues ago when Harper started whining to Dick about how hard her life is.
Missing or dead parents seem standard for heroes but apparently it's worse for Bruce and Harper specifically.
>>
>>78223633
She killed Harper's mom. Calling it.
>>
>>78224640
>inb4 "I have 2 kids" is what she was about to say
>>
>>78224838
Exactly. Too predictable.
>>
>>78224899
It was already hinted in Snyders run her mom was in some real shit.

This is probably what she was involved in.
>>
I hope Harper is just forgotten about once Snyder is off Batman.
>>
>>78224259
That's because Harper is the 'heir' they'll discover next time and she really IS a special snowflake and everyone should love this amazing better-than-Dick character.

Except she's shit and shoved in your face and everyone SHOULD hate this fuckingshit character. Fuck Harper
>>
>>78225117
We can only hope that some writer will make her quit at least
>>
you guys really over exaggerate shit.
>>
>>78225614
Are you now just noticing?
>>
>>78223672
>>78223682
>>78223689
So Dick is going to screw everything up. But I guess that they have to stretch out the mystery until the final issues somehow.
>>
>>78223682
>>78223689
Kek, Dick used his Hypnos to force him in.

This was actually a really good issue. More on Cass, not much focus on Harper being a special snowflake, we see a little more of the Batman mystery teased, and a little more on Dick's desperation. Plus, the art actually looks really good this issue.
>>
>>78225435
> the heir

Oh dear you're right! Harper is the true Robin that Mother made that Bruce wanted!!!
>>
>>78227663
>>78225435
Possible, but doesn't make much sense with the information we have now.

>Mother hates Cass
>Cass ends up being to one to kill Harper's mom

Why would she have Cass be the one to kill her? Also, if it is Harper, why wouldn't Harper have been more useful much earlier? She only shows up years after Batman recruits this "heir."

I think it's pretty obvious that Bruce found out Dick was on the list, decided that he needed to learn as much about Mother as possible so that he could make sure Dick was safe from her. To get all the information he needs, he went through with anything Mother told him to do, which is why he shot the kid's parents in issue #1 (even then, I think Batman never actually killed them, and only made it look like they were dead, before reviving them later and keeping them away from Mother's grasp. At some point, Mother probably found out, Bruce somehow kicked her ass, and all was well, until she decided to go and get Harper and Dick.
>>
>>78223503
So much for the hope that David Cain wouldn't be the Orphan. What a loser he has become.
>>
File: David Cain11.jpg (338KB, 945x1524px) Image search: [Google]
David Cain11.jpg
338KB, 945x1524px
>>78223521
NuDavid Cain won't even shoot his daughter as a part of her training; What a fucking pussy.
>>
>>78225117
She's really not as bad as the other bat bitches right now.
>>
>>78228173
She most certainly is down there with Jason and Tim.
>>
File: David Cain12.jpg (357KB, 945x1524px) Image search: [Google]
David Cain12.jpg
357KB, 945x1524px
>>78228123
Pre-FP seemed to enjoy her childhood until the murder.
>>
>>78228210
You're right, all the batkids are pretty shit right now.
>>
>>78228309
Dick and Damian are on fire
>>
>>78228313
I wouldn't count Dick as a batkid. Damian's alright, I suppose.
>>
>>78228248
Well, this David is more of a monster than pre-FP David Cain. Cass had never seen death until her first kill, whereas this version slaughters people in front of her to get her conditioned to it.
>>
>>78228313
They're not written by Lobdell, if you catch my drift.
>>
>>78228356
Yes that helps.

Thoguh Tim hasn't been written by him in a while and isn't here and he's still pretty bad.
>>
>>78228210
She is actually worse, and by quite a bit.
Someone's donut steal OC that is just recently introduced, as a horrible backstory that they're now trying to make SUPERINTERESTING by having her be this 'innovative, amazing and superspecial brooding female!' with an amazing backstory, except shoving her in my face just makes me hate her that little bit more.

It's one thing to have a special "I made this" character for writers to have (Damian for example), but making her supermarysue with an even more tragic backstory just makes me wish for her complete dismissal/erasure from any of this. Maybe this book will finally kill her?
>>
>>78228393

He damaged Tim so bad that no one seems able to fix it. The same goes for Jason. Only another reboot could fix them up.
>>
File: David Cain13.jpg (354KB, 945x1524px) Image search: [Google]
David Cain13.jpg
354KB, 945x1524px
>>78228248
>>
>>78228395

This issue LITERALLY is about Cassandra's amazingly tryhard tragic backstory that explains how she's the best fighter ever and how a 16 year old midget girl can beat up men 3 times her size in one.

How no one else sees the irony is beyond me.

There is only complaining because she's new. Almost everyone else in the Batfam has that type of shit attached to them.
>>
>>78228395

>Someone's donut steal OC that is just recently introduced, as a horrible backstory that they're now trying to make SUPERINTERESTING by having her be this 'innovative, amazing and superspecial brooding female!' with an amazing backstory, except shoving her in my face just makes me hate her that little bit more.

It's funny how that can describe Damian Wayne, at least in the beginning when he was introduced.
>>
>>78228459
Yeah and in the beginning everybody hated Damian and screamed bloody murder when he took Tim's role as Robin. Doesn't help that half of his existence before becoming Robin was shitting on Tim and being treated as an annoying piece of shit in canon. It wasn't until B&R did most people warm up to him because he went through character development.
>>
>>78228459
It describes most bat characters. It comes with the territory almost.

The entire 'fandom' is more or less shit flinging every time another Robin/Batgirl outshines "My' Robin/Batgirl.
>>
>>78228393
What's last Titans book, New Teen Titans? Any better than Lobdell's?
>>78228436
>The same goes for Jason. Only another reboot could fix them up.
>Joker wants to create his own sidekick!
>OK, sounds neat
>becomes Robin
>mhm, makes sense
>killed off
>shame
>is back!
>All-Caste with ninja spirit monks and blood swords
Swords were lame. I'd pick some story where Deathstroke, Shiva, Cheshire, whoever of assassins is left get hired by him and train him. Bronze Tiger, too. Always liked that dude.
>>
File: 1450280163336.jpg (35KB, 271x271px) Image search: [Google]
1450280163336.jpg
35KB, 271x271px
>>78223417
almost halfway there guys
>>
>>78228513
>>78228518

>The entire 'fandom' is more or less shit flinging every time another Robin/Batgirl outshines "My' Robin/Batgirl.

So true. For exaple take the WE ARE ROBIN kids. Damianfags hate the book, the characters, the concept, everything. Like, it's not like Damian will disappear. Dick is still around after all. Even Jason and Tim. They all have their books.
>>
>>78228567
Yeah, most of the WAR hate comes from people who are terrified that Damian will be replaced.
>>
>>78228567
So, Batgirl and Robin fandoms are terrible like X-Men?
>>
>>78228534

>I'd pick some story where Deathstroke, Shiva, Cheshire, whoever of assassins is left get hired by him and train him. Bronze Tiger, too. Always liked that dude.

Which is what how it was before the reboot. Talia gave him money and he went out traveling throuhout the world learning under various masters and teachers like Bruce did in order to become Batman. Shit was cyclical.
>>
>>78228348
Probably a good idea, given the fact that pre-FP Cass ran off the second she saw death
>>
>>78228356
Neither are Tim, Cass, Steph or Babs and they still suck dick.
>>
>>78228536
The solicits from a couple days ago had the last four issues.
The end is in sight!
>>
>>78228597
Yes.
The batfandom in general is as bad as the Xfandom. I can never decide which one is worse.
>>
>>78228615
Yeah, I've read it last week. But all of those masters were nonamers who were killed off. This way you could have "Ah, we meet again. Still working for Batman, eh? I told you, you should work with me, 10 millions per kill, come on, you know you want it"
>>78228633
Stephanie doesn't have book, though. Afaik, she'll appear in that Batgirl book. And is Babs' book that bad? I thought /co/ liked it.
>>
>>78228658
Huh, you learn every day. I'd say it's probably Xfandom, since there's more characters there.
Then again, I remember people saying Dick is better at being Batman than Bruce ever was so...
>>
>>78228677
/co/ is pretty split on Batgirl.

Simone's is universally hated here, but both sides of Burnside Batgirl are pretty vocal. Though it seems to have tipped into more hated ever since Luke came onto the book and they fucked Dick up
>>
>>78228534
The Titans and it was awful senpai.
>>
>>78228677
She appeared in Eternal and was the worst character in the entire 52 issue long series. She was also in Catwoman and sucked.
>>
>>78228677
/co/ fucking hates everything though.
>>
>>78228658
The Dickfags on CBR embarrassed themselves after Cass 'beat' him to the point I'd say Batfandom is worse.
>>
>>78228693
Man the batfandom are full of characterfags.

Fans of c listers are usually just happy when the character shows up and isn't killed, but batfamily fans need their character to be the bestest at everything and to be portrayed how they are in their headcanons.
>>
>>78228658
doomfags
>>
>>78228770
If we're bringing CBR into this, then Wonder Woman fans and x-fans are worse.

Those cbr sections are legitimately terrible.
Then again /co/ would probably agree with the x men forum since half of cbr's whining comes from being afraid of Inhumans.
>>
>>78228773
>Fans of c listers are usually just happy when the character shows up and isn't killed
Pff, never.
>>
>>78228713
Simone's run is too grimdark, right? And yeah, I dimly remember Luke in Batgirl recently and people losing their minds.
>>78228728
Shame. It'd be nice that we have plenty of good books.
>>78228737
Stephanie served as prop to Harper.
>I want to run away!
>Harper her talk to inspire her to be better hero and stuff
>>78228751
/co/ loves Thomas King, for now anyway.
>>78228770
I thought consensus was that Dick was ambushed and couldn't win?
>>78228773
Yeah, that's way with characterfags.
>>
>>78228804
I'm not sure what you're trying to imply but I LOVED the Inhumans, it was one of my favorite Marvel franchises and the current state they're in is garbage.
>>
>>78228836

>I thought consensus was that Dick was ambushed and couldn't win?

/co/ is like Hollywood. You're only good as of your last work. It doesn't matter if you wrote tons of classics. If you write one mediocre book currently, that's it. /co/ will turn on you like a pack of wolves.
>>
>>78228804
The DC forums on CBR are the worst. It's like everyday you got people complaining about why DC doesn't do everything like Marvel or how much better better Marvel is than DC.
>>
>>78228836
>/co/ loves Thomas King, for now anyway.
I am just waiting for the book that causes /co/ to hate King. I wonder what it'll be and why.
>>
>>78228904
Ah, I was thinking of CBR and their reason for Dick's loss. But you're correct, just like anon here said >>78228963
We'll see if Marvel gets him to sign exclusive with them, then his writing will go to crapper.
Marvel being Marvel, they'd give him to write Bucky.
>>
>>78229014
I've seen some bitching about Robin War already
>>
>>78229101
He's not writing that is he? I'm pretty sure he only did 1 issue.
>>
>>78229101
Robin War isn't THAT bad, though. And Duke's not replacing Damian.
Unless Damian is killed in last issue by tripping over rock.
>>
>>78229174
He wrote Robin War #1, the Grayson tie in, and Robin War #2.

So he wrote about half of the event.
>>
>>78228123

We still don't know the extent. You know he probably did it.

>>78223633

So why did David ask Cass to kill Harper's mum now the question I have?
>>
>>78224180
Fuck that shit, Cass should be lezzing out with Steph
>>
>>78228436
They're so much better in Robin War (minus Lobdell's tie-in) than anything in their own books
>>
>>78228459
That's also what Lobdell tried to do with Jason. Except his writing was so shitty that no one paid attention to it
>>
>>78228633
Babs's problem is that she isn't sucking Dick
>>
>>78228804
Have you seen Green Lantern fans on CBR? John Stewart fans think that anyone who doesn't consider John to be the greatest GL ever is a racist. Kyle Rayner fans hate Tom King because King writers Rayner as a human being instead of a precious darling flower.

And then there's the Jason Todd fanbase. People there actually take Tzitzimine seriously.
>>
>>78229101
The only bad part of Robin War was Lobdell's tie-in. And Fawkes's issue of Detective Comics was kind of mediocre
>>
Anyone story-timing We Are Robin? It was really good
>>
>>78230248
yeah but there was some shitposting about the first one too in the storytime
>>
>>78230229
Mhm. They also say King is hack who played dirty tricks and ruses Johnfags into buying Hal's boon. Oh, they also blame Geoff Johns because he told King that Hal is THE Green Lantern.
Fuck Tzimine or what name is. Phoenix Egg level of insanity.
>>
>>78228459
But with Damian, the characters didn't like him either and that is IMHO what made all the difference.

Characters and reader were attuned to each other in this case, so hating Damian was OK, because not even Bruce, his father was very fond of him. And when Damian gradually opened up and settled in, again both the characters and the reader gradually started to like him more.

Damian is obnoxious and a ridiculous character (and my absolute favourite), but if his introduction would not have been made this way, he'd've been one of the most hated characters of all time.
>>
>>78230546
They also had a meltdown when Guy Gardner showed up on one of the Lost Army covers. When it was clear that Gardner wasn't going to steal John's spotlight any time soon, they went back to praising Cullen frickin' Bunn.

And now they're worshipping Tom Taylor, of all people. Unless of course, Taylor gives too much page time to Simon Baz or Guy Gardner
>>
>>78230770
They're really bad characterfags.
>>
>>78229198
Well nothing short of Duke dying, Snyder leaving, and WAR getting cancelled is gonna convince those people that Damian's not getting replaced.

They should be happy with the latest Robin War part, but they probably won't.
>>
>>78228904

Morrison's run was like this. It was viewed as a joke but when B&R started it was retroactively loved. Now B&R is great but Morrison's original run was pretty shit. The stuff going on in Tec at the time was better
>>
Shocked at how serviceable the art is this issue.
>>
>>78223682

This series is mediocre, but I will never tire of Dick's insatiable thirst for Bruce/Batman's love and approval. I mean, he should technically be above it, but it's serviceable slash fodder.
>>
>>78233579
>but it's serviceable slash fodder.
The only reason why I tolerate it.
>>
>>78223583
Anyone else can't see Mother as anyone but Grey Mann?
>>
>>78230402
anyone?
>>
>>78233921
That and William Hartnell, but she is a perfect match for Grey
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.