[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that it's all said and done, the hype is long since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

So now that it's all said and done, the hype is long since over and I'm sure many of us have had multiple viewings, how do you feel about this movie now?

I think I legitimately like it, some of the support characters irritate me and I still don't find the villain too menacing, but overall it's far from the level of the worst movies in the MCU
>>
File: tits.jpg (175KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
tits.jpg
175KB, 564x800px
>>
I enjoyed it but god damn was the science inconsistent to the point where it was almost hard to enjoy.
They made a big deal about the mass being preserved, so he was cracking tiles but then he's able to ride an ant and the whole keyring thing. It's also highlighted when the toy smashes out of the bedroom when it should be really light.

But I still enjoyed it and would watch more.
>>
>>78221997
It wouldn't really call it "good", like, some of the scene transitions were a bit jarring, but damn if it wasn't entertaining. Haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The end battle especially, with the dramatic closeup of the train, but then the zoom out to the actual size? I had to pause it cause I was laughing too much.
And thought it's been said a lot, it's worth repeating: The shrunken size segments were fantastic to look at.
Though honestly in general it felt more like a made-for-tv movie.
>>
>>78224683
>They made a big deal about the mass being preserved
Mass was never preserved.
>>
>>78224794
The trailers played that bit to death for me to find it funny when I get to that scene.
>>
>>78224683

I don't know why people take the physics of it so seriously
>>
>>78221997
SAW it for the first time on Monday. I really liked it and I don't like Ant-Man.

Well that's not entirely true. I've never liked nor disliked Ant-Man. He was one of those characters that I'm vaguely familiar with but never found interesting enough to read more about
>>
>>78224683
Actually the only thing wrong with what they show is how the characters explain it. It works perfectly consistently, it just doesn't fit with the over simplified version they gave to the audience.

Objects changing size very clearly have the appropriately changed mass. Ant-Man on the ant, the tank, Cross lifting the sheep, Thomas the Tank Engine, the dog sized ant, all their mass is changed.

Now the suit isn't just a shrunken object, it has special functions of it's own. While Ant-Man is shrunk he loses his mass, but it still applies to his momentum. That's how he falls hard enough to break tiles and punches full sized adults. It also helps Ant-Man move around in (relatively) giant rooms while tiny.
>>
>>78221997
Louise was the best part of the movie and he damn well better be in the sequel. I'd honestly rather they kill off Janet and make him the Wasp, but that'll never happen because muh comics.
>>
My top 3 MCU movies when this came out:

>GotG
>TWS
>Ant-Man

My top 3 MCU movies now:

>GotG
>TWS
>Ant-Man

My opinion isn't going to change over some anon's shitposting like other people on /co/. My opinion is still the same. The movie was great.
>>
>>78228774
>Janet
Hope
>muh comics
Hope
>>
I liked it. I kinda thought the Latino guy was annoying but he was part of the movie's charm.
>>
It's nothing particularly groundbreaking, but I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. That may be because I went in with fairly low expectations, though, as I'm typically not a fan of Paul Rudd and I was really worried because of all the production trouble,

Ant-Man's suit is my favorite MCU costume too. It manages to look feasable without going too tacticool like most MCU outfits.
>>
>>78228876
You were supposed to have a funny reaction image.
>>
File: Bill Nye 5.jpg (209KB, 757x567px) Image search: [Google]
Bill Nye 5.jpg
209KB, 757x567px
>>78224683
>the science inconsistent to the point where it was almost hard to enjoy.

who gives a shit i mean god damn
>>
>>78228852
I find it interesting on how TWS is by far the most consistently good marvel movie across the board, with their best story and characters and action sequences, but GotG still takes the cake on being an instant classic, mostly due to the soundtrack. It's very hard not to smile watching it.
>>
>>78221997
>Hype

From actual comic fans maybe. The thing I heard most in the run up to Ant-Man was "Who the fuck is Ant-Man?"
>>
>>78228460
This if you just do it and don't go into detail it's easier for people to swallow but if you tru to explain it everyone starts poking holes into the explanation.

I mean in Jessica Jones they explain Kilgrave's powers in a way that really didn’t make sense eitheir and in a way a doctor would not take, but people would have accepted it if they just never gone into detail or left it as somethomg vague.
>>
>>78221997
It's something I can watch with my family and just feel comfy while doing so.

TWS is still my favorite Marvel film by a long shot, but you just can't sit down and get comfy with a film like that. You can with Ant Man, and even though it's plot's not the best, I enjoy watching it to relax and have fun.
>>
>All these TWS fans

IM1 master race. Pre Disney faggots.
>>
File: 1401244596406.png (111KB, 207x196px) Image search: [Google]
1401244596406.png
111KB, 207x196px
>Are you a monster?
>Do I look like a monster?
Fucking chills.
>>
>>78232284
Off-topic but Calvary did it better.

>What do monsters look like?
>>
The other week I saw a kid walking down the street with an antman shirt and an Antman backpack.

I honestly cannot believe I live in a world where some little kid's favorite superhero is now Antman. For so many years I've just gotten used to all the "Antman's lame" and "hurf durf wife beater" jokes. Now we've got this shit. It's surreal.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.