[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's out on DVD today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (120KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 720x1080px
It's out on DVD today.
>>
>>78200513
Thanks for telling us, Fox employee.
>>
>>78200605
Kill yourself.
It was great film!
>>
>>78200617
That comeback was Fantastic
>>
>>78200617
It was Fantstic.
>>
>>78200621
It was indeed Fantastic.

We also need a team name....and....there's 4 of us.
>>
>>78200621
>>78200628
Yes it was.
>>
>The rights aren't back at Marvel you guys, we swear! N-no deal was made!

They actually expect us to believe that Marvel let Fox make X-Men tv shows and wanted nothing in return.
>>
>>78200633
The Fabulous Freebirds!
>>
>>78200679
Maybe they finally managed to get Galactus and Silver Surfer back.
Remember, Marvel offered Fox an extension on Dardevil in exchange for them.
It's not like Fox is ever gonna use them anyway.
>>
>>78200717
They've tried Dr. Doom three times already, why would they give away the only other thing they think they have?
>>
>>78200513
Time to stream it then
>>
>>78200752
>>78200717
Fox has other things Marvel wants that Fox will definetly never ever use.
Like the Sh'iar, the Brood, Annihilus and Kang the Conqueror. I don't know how much Marvel values those though
>>
I hope based fox keep's the right's forever
>>
File: the reed.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the reed.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>78200621
>>78200628
>>78200633
>say that again
>>
>>78200513
Thankfully I don't have a dvd player
>>
Ok
>doesn't cum
>>
>>78200794
This.
>>
>>78200767

And the Skrulls.

Also, when FOX realizes Inhumans actually belong to them, Marvel is fucked.
>>
>>78200633
>The Quintessential Quartet!
>Quaptin Quintessence
>Madame Transparency
>The Scorched Man
>The Unlovable Creature
>Coming Fall 2017, you better get ready, because it's smash o'clock!
>>
>>78200852
>And the Skrulls.
The Skrulls are like Quicksilver and SW, both can use them. Fox has exclusive rights to Super-Skrull though.

>Also, when FOX realizes Inhumans actually belong to them, Marvel is fucked.
The Fox contract for FF did not include the rights to the Inhumans because even back then Marvel saw them as a potential seperate franchise that they were considering licensing seperately, just like Black Panther
>>
>>78200852
The Inhumans rights have been nailed with Captain America because Kirby supposedly mentioned/drew Attilan in a Cap comic from the 40's
>>
>>78200513
>It's out on DVD today.
I suppose there are plenty of optimists working at Fox
>>
>>78200948
No, that has nothing to do with it.
What hapened is that Marvel had the foresight to exclude the Inhumans and Black Panther from the FF contracts, just like they excluded the Savage Land from the X-Men ones and have a "sharing" clause regarding the Maximoffs.
>>
>>78200513
I wonder who's gonna buy it. People working at Fox I guess?

Imagine getting a Fant4stic DVD as a Christmas present from your Fox employed aunt.
>>
>>78200513
So if there is any chance Disney buys the rights, we'll know about it in two weeks when it stops bringing in money. You know, the 40$ it'll make, if that.
>>
>>78200513
JUST
>>
The Fox denial train is soon ending. It'd be funny if Marvel already bought the rights back behind the scenes and Mikkelsen is playing Doom in Doctor Strange learning the mystic arts. But more likely Silver Surfer will cameo in Guardians
>>
>>78200822
>>78200794
Yeah, that's not gonna happen anymore
>>
You know, I went in expecting to hate it and I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't a great movie by any means. But it wasn't as crappy as everyone made it out to be.
Then again I have no attachment to the comics so to me it was just 'generic sci-fi/super hero film'.
That said, I won't be buying it.
>>
>>78200513
bargain bin in 2 weeks
>>
I work in a movie store and this movie has gotten, by my count, two pre-orders. Most major titles get at least thirty and most cape flicks get closer to one hundred.

For reference, more people pre-ordered the 4th Transporter movie than Fant4stic
>>
>>78200679
Ad money. Not everything is a trade you know, learn some business.
>>
>>78200513
Physical media is dead. Also, the home video release was almost a month ago.

>>78200605
It's genuinely surprising FOX of all studios bothered to give this of all movies a DVD release. They're not even doing that for the Simpsons any more, and those both shift merchandise (which is in large part why they keep getting renewed for more seasons) and still pull in between 3 and 6 million viewers first-run, with the majority of those audiences at the high end. In 1991 that wasn't a great audience; in 2015 it's solid for tv, but not enough to indicate physical media demand.

With an average 6,802,127 tickets sold in the US and Canada combined (at an average price of US$8.25 for 2015Q3; average prices are better used because even though they're not the most expensive, they do factor in daytime prices and concessions as well as "season ticket" deals that grant consumers unlimited entry at certain times of day or week), Fantastic Four did slightly better than an average Simpsons episode; even at the higher end of estimates for salary and production costs from the 2011 dispute, an average episode probably doesn't cost more than $5m to make. There's usually 22 episodes per season, giving a high-end production cost of $110m; that's in the region of Fantastic Four's budget, but obviously offers about 6 hours more entertainment if you want the whole season. And FOX has decided this is no longer a profitable model; but the costs to them of producing a 6 disc set or whatever it was when they stopped doing them, and the cost of doing anything but the most bargain-basement DVD (and I mean literal DVD, not BluRay) is pretty much the same. It's the markup and sales that are important for home video.

>>78200679
FOX has held all live-action rights to the X-Men (except the ones they didn't realise they didn't hold, like Colossus, and only found out about in court a decade ago) since the 1990s. They first exploited them with "Generation X", a 1996 tv-movie pilot.
>>
>>78200798
Guys

I got it
>>
>>78201097
I'd regift it to them next year
>>
DVD is fucking garbage, even YIFY looks better
>>
Wat r DVD'S tho?
>>
>>78204484
>(except the ones they didn't realise they didn't hold, like Colossus, and only found out about in court a decade ago
Weird. Some lawyer fuckery?
>>
>>78206136
It really pisses me off that The Last Airbender doesn't have the whole series on BRD.
>>
>>78206688
They just never bought them because they had a bad contract and nobody bothered to read it. They found out after they'd already used Colossus on-screen, which probably contributed to them settling over the Mutant X thing.
>>
God copyright law is retarded How can you hold the rights to X-men but not colossus? How can these laws and contracts be such a clusterfuck that no one even knows who has the rights to what?
>>
>>78206962
What makes you think Fox doesn't own Colossus?
>>
>>78200628
It's actually Fan4stic
>>
>>78206962
In this particular case it was FOX's opinion that they had purchased the live-action rights to all Marvel "mutants" (a class which excludes mutates like the Hulk or whoever) and that was the basis they proceeded to make their movies on, throwing in a lot of characters as visual-only cameos (ie, they had no lines, or no direct bearing on the plot) while telling a story with certain main-line characters.

The problem is if you've gone to someone who has rights to sell, it's not in their interest to give you everything for a flat fee and the promise of more flat fees (which is what the Marvel contracts are - a lump of cash plus a percentage of the production budget each time the rights are used); it's in their interest to give you as little as possible for as much as possible in return. Likewise, your interest is the opposite, but since you both know this you both have to negotiate like reasonable people - you can't just bullshit and say you want it all and here's your money, because it's a negotiation, not a fire sale.

tl;dr because the way the contract FOX examined and negotiated before signing freely was actually worded, it didn't include Colossus; but that didn't even come out (ie it wasn't spotted by Marvel's lawyers either) until FOX sued Marvel over their involvement in the Mutant X show.
>>
>>78207073
FOX does now own Colossus; they didn't own him when they began making movies. Ownership of his rights was presumably transferred during the settlement over the Mutant X case, which was a private settlement.

If I had to guess as to why Colossus wasn't included, I'd guess he was parcelled up with the Excalibur rights package and FOX had declined it.
>>
>>78206784
lmao who cares about childrens cartoons
>>
>>78200513
This movie cemented my belief that the f4 is shit.

If Marvel ever gets the rights back, their best move is to just use Doom because even the four is too campy for their quip universe.
>>
>>78207570
What are "fake claims an anon made," Alex
>>
>>78204475
You're a shill doing damage control or incredibly stupid
>>
File: 1396319591548.png (92KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1396319591548.png
92KB, 444x440px
>The movie will be in discount bins soon for pennies
>That will cause that hundreds or even thousands kids will receive the DVD/Blu-rays from clueless Aunts/Grandmas or Uncles/Grandpas for Christmas becasue they like "Super Heroes.
>Their parents will make them watch it right away because they have to show "gratitude" for the gift they're receiving in from of Gramps/Uncles/whatever
>>
File: 1449050993479.jpg (135KB, 600x695px) Image search: [Google]
1449050993479.jpg
135KB, 600x695px
They really should do a documentary on the making of.
>>
File: wheredoyouthinkweare.png (651KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
wheredoyouthinkweare.png
651KB, 1067x800px
>>78207525
>>
>>78204484
Maybe they're hoping F4 does well in rentals.
>>
>>78211582

They should do a parody/comedy film "Tropic Thunder" style
>>
>>78211582
Would kill to see this.
>>
Man, the original script for this sounded like an actual Fantastic Four movie. Why the hell didn't they make that?
>>
>>78204484
>It's genuinely surprising FOX of all studios bothered to give this of all movies a DVD release.

I guess they still want to get at least some money back from it even if it means making a DVD. Maybe they're hoping the infamy is enough for people to rent it to see how bad it is.
>>
>>78212903
Budget cutting probably being the primary one, cause it means they have to repeatedly rewrite to makes sure it doesn't go over budget.
>>
>>78200513
neat,
I needed a new ashtray.
>>
>>78211582
WHAAAT
>>
After rewatching it and checking out the behind the scenes I realized that some of the body horror shit and costume ideas were cool along with Doom (but maybe because nothing really happened for 70 minutes).

But it didn't feel F4.
>>
Is this movie even amusing shit? I just know a bunch of people hated it and Film Robert threw a tantrum.
>>
Someone on the Superherohype forum claimed that Trank leaked the movie through a torrent two months ago. Did anyone else hear anything about that? Cause in spite of all that's happened with Trank showing up on /co/ or making that tweet, I can't imagine him getting so high that he would leak the film for other people to pirate, fucking up the studio some more.
>>
>>78219427
one of my friends saw it and said he liked it, but he also watches every single blockbuster in awe and thinks Mad Max is the new Godfather (not that he actually appreciates Godfather 2)

idk if I want to waste two hours of my life on it
this
or the Christmas cartoon stream?
>>
>>78200910
>there will never be a period movie of any Victorian-era reimaginings of Marvel/DC comic book heroes.

Fucking why.
>>
>>78200513
Good.
I've been looking forward to rewatching it.
>>
>>78200513
So like has anyone ever addressed the directors/writers of movies like this (or this movie in general) about WHY FOR WHAT PURPOSE do they just decide to change something just for the hell of it and think "this will work."

Like has anyone answered WHY Johnny Storm is black? Like,what made them decide "oh yeah,we're doing this for_____"?

IT BOTHERS ME TO NO END.
>>
>>78207525
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.