[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to a casual what the hell Metron is all about?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1844708-metron_2.jpg (675KB, 756x671px) Image search: [Google]
1844708-metron_2.jpg
675KB, 756x671px
Can someone explain to a casual what the hell Metron is all about? If he's supposed to be neutral, why does it seem like he helps the heroes all the damn time?
>>
Usually the heroes aren't trying to blow up all the stuff he likes to watch from his cosmic Barkalounger.
>>
>>78172420
How has modern lettering become such shit?
>>
Heroes maintain the status quo. Metron likes the status quo.
>>
>>78172489
Pretty much this.
>>
>>78172420
Metron is an observer. Should some great force of either good or evil prevail, it would lead to an end of sorts. Imagine if only one episode of one show play all day every day- even if its the greatest show and the best episode, it will become dull and boring. Now try to imagine it on a cosmic scale.

Metron interferes so that he does not have to face eternity bored to death. You could go so far to argue that he is a greater sower of chaos than Loki in the Marvel universe.
>>
>>78172674
So Metron is basically one of us, a reader, but one that gets to interfere when he doesn't like how a story is going?
>>
>>78172706
He's more like the unstoppable inertia of DC comics status quo, the most powerful of all forces in comics, which makes sure that at the end of the day, Orion and Highfather defend New Genesis barely by the skin of their teeth, while Darkseid flies back to Apokalips shaking his fist and saying "Next time, Highfather, next time!"
>>
metron being an observer is bullshit, the guy is a huge asshole

the only reason he even has that fancy chair is because he sold out to darkseid
>>
>>78172420
>self important shmuck that might be the writer's self insert as well, sitting on a chair?
>me [on a] throne
Metron!
>>
>>78175325
Still, even Kirby had him as mostly a good guy who's flaw was that he loved knowledge so much he sold out New Genesis at the start of the war for ...was it his Mobius chair? Or was it that stuff that powered it?

I remember High Father saying that Metron in his own way served The Source. And he helped out a lot more than a "neutral" ally would. At the End of Hunger Dogs he even brings a new planet for the Supertown to dock at.

I think his greatest crime under Kirby was actually abandoning the Izak kid who grew up to make Micro Mark.
>>
>>78172674
>>78172875

In Kirby he wasn't exactly a force of inertia. He always wanted to learn more, to do more. He gave Mother Box technology to Apokalips and blew the whistle to Orion on Darkseid's Earth operations. His greatest ambition was to get through the source wall and find super-god.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.