[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You fought in the Clone Wars? >Yes. I was once a Jedi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: Kenobi-and-Durge.jpg (71KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Kenobi-and-Durge.jpg
71KB, 720x405px
>You fought in the Clone Wars?
>Yes. I was once a Jedi Knight, the same as your father.
[reminisces on when the Jedi had DBZ powers, could destroy armies single-handedly, and jumped thousands of feet in the air]
>>
>>78030448
Well... theoretically they still could.
It just doesn't look as ridiculous when they do it in the old movies.
>>
Don't try to act like you didn't love it.
>>
It made me realize that Mace's homeworld must be the same place Hokuto No Ken takes place on.
>>
>>78030488
>>78030501
Genndy Wars was great but so is Benposting
>>
>>78030501
Bro, people kill hudreds of peoples all the time. Its called being good at operating in war.
Big Boss probably killed more dudes (babies aswell)
than every jedi combined. Including war crimes by Vader via Dethstar in the name pf the empire.
Solid snake killed more stormtroopers than all 7 movies combined. Not including vr training or raiden.
>>
File: calm your tits.jpg (94KB, 499x403px) Image search: [Google]
calm your tits.jpg
94KB, 499x403px
>>78030448
Genndywars (also known as Samurai Jack in Space) is not canon anymore, so you can pic related.
>>
>>78030811
Only EU shit after Episode VI is non-canon to make way for the new movie.
Starkiller, Clone Wars and all the retarded shit is still true.
>>
>>78030545
Made me realize how fucking stupid the EU was.
>>
>>78030841
No, it's not, stop lying.
>>
>>78030841
Looks like you're still living in denial.

Rebels tells the story about how the REBELlion was formed, which contradicts Force Unleashed.
>>
>>78030907
>>78030930
isn't it in sort of a 'true until proven untrue' limbo?
>>
>>78030968
No, the only canon EU things are The Clone Wars CG show and movie and a comic called Son of Dathomir, everything else made before the Disney buyout is not canon.
>>
>>78031006
source?
>>
File: 1447272541668.jpg (52KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1447272541668.jpg
52KB, 600x604px
>>78031123
>>
>>78030907

There's no good reason for Clone Wars not to be part of continuity. "It's inconsistent!" isn't a good argument - The Clone Wars is less consistent with the movies given it has Anakin & Ben crossing paths with Dooku & Grievous several times throughout the war, when Episode III shows they haven't. And the powah levuls stuff is just Genndy being his usual stylish, kinetic self. Lucasfilm just doesn't want to support two Clone Wars cartoons and threw the one specifically commissioned to link the movies under the bus in favor of the newer, more popular one that was retconned in years after the fact. I really don't know why - The Clone Wars largely fits snugly into the montage of Anakin fighting in many battles that links the post-Episode II part of Clone Wars with the pre-Episode III part.
>>
>>78031268
I recently rewatched Clone Wars recently and noticed something kind of cool. Anakin and Grevous never actually cross paths in the show. Not once and they actually kind of go out of their way to make sure he's doing something else so they don't meet face to face.

I thought that was cool nod to continuity
>>
>>78030930
Never played Unleash so what makes the game so canon worth?
>>
>>78030811
But Samurai Jack was sort of already in space (being the far future with a bunch of aliens everywhere). And probably had lazer swords somewhere too.

More like Samurai Jack, without Jack and Aku.
>>
canon isn't real
>>
>>78031507
>I don't like what's canon so I'll pretend it doesn't exist
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>78030811
>he listens to Disney
>>
>>78033284
>he posts Man of Meme

>>78031507
>>78032638
You're both right.
>>
File: dooku.jpg (36KB, 309x331px) Image search: [Google]
dooku.jpg
36KB, 309x331px
>>78030448
>>
>>78031123
His ass
>>
>>78034764
http://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page
Now fuck off.
>>
It's cool to be a douche that thinks that Star Wars can't have nice fights now?
Why, how adorable, I bet yall watched Plinkett's review a hundred times.
>>
>>78030841
>Only EU shit after Episode VI is non-canon to make way for the new movie
No you idiot

>>78030968
No it's in a "It doesn't exist unless they decide to use it in future material"
>>
>>78034942
I don't think anybody is saying GenndyWars is bad. Quite the opposite. It's just not canon. It sucks, but its true.
>>
>>78030488
>Well... theoretically they still could.

They still do. Read the Darth Vader comic all of /co/'s shitposters are creaming themselves over.
>>
Who cares if it's canon or not?
80% of Superman's history isn't canon anymore. Those stories are all still there, and people can still enjoy them.
Same with your space wars movies.
>>
>>78031268
>newer, more popular one
The cg clonewars wasn't more popular then the tartkovsky one.
They just threw the tart one under the bus because lucas was PISSSSED that it was recieved so much better then the clone wars movies.
Hell they made a cartoon movie specifically called CLONE WARS and released it in theatres and stopped all further development and shows of the tart version in hopes of supplanting it.
>>
>>78031403
Starkiller's family crest literally becomes the symbol of the Rebellion.
>>
>>78030448
You could apply the same argument to the prequel trilogy. I actually like the shitty lightsabre fencing in the originals better than the CGIfest fippy jumpy stuff with orchestral music blaring in the background, it feels more grounded.
>>
>>78030968
The only meaning of "canon" is stuff the creators have made a commitment not to contradict in future works (and that's temporary in any case). Everything else is fanwank.
>>
>>78037303
> I like my space operas with space wizards to be grounded

That ain't a very grounded reason.

>>78035463
What the fuck am I reading? You sound like a butthurt gendy fanboy spouting made-up nonsense.
>>
File: 1441006956362.jpg (1MB, 1500x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1441006956362.jpg
1MB, 1500x1402px
>>78035463
Yeah, you got anything to back that up. At all.
>>
>>78040053
Not him but having magical monks who jump around and destroy buildings with a mere sabre throw starts to kill the suspension of disbelief.

Also, it makes Yoda's rising of the X-Wing look like shit, retroactively ruining a great scene.
>>
File: Bane.jpg (3KB, 124x112px) Image search: [Google]
Bane.jpg
3KB, 124x112px
I like Genndys clone wars more than falonis
>>
big guy
>>
>>78040323
You think the clones are your ally?
>>
File: sheev.gif (617KB, 664x550px) Image search: [Google]
sheev.gif
617KB, 664x550px
Well at least Palpatine will always be great
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.