[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about these four movies. Have you seen them? Are they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Disney 40s.jpg (340KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Disney 40s.jpg
340KB, 700x1000px
Tell me about these four movies. Have you seen them? Are they worth checking out?
>>
Melody Time is great.
>>
Can we even classify Saludos Amigos as a movie?
>>
>>78025331
the new CGi ones are surprisingly good wholesome family entertainment.
>>
>>78025402
It managed to get nominated for 3 Academy Awards despite not even running over an hour long
>>
Melody Time is great. Ichabod and Mr. Toad, is good (mainly for Ichadod).

The rest is disposable.
>>
File: johnnie-fedora-alice-bluebonnet.jpg (47KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
johnnie-fedora-alice-bluebonnet.jpg
47KB, 720x480px
The Mickey and the Beanstalk half of Fun and Fancy Free is really great, while the Bongo half kind of sucks. Seriously, Bongo is probably the worst thing between those four movies.

As for the rest, it's been a while since
I've seen them but I think it's kind of hit or miss segment to segment. Worth watching if you're a Disney fan and you want to say you've seen them all, but not really worth going out of your way for otherwise. For a lot of people that grew up with Disney channel there's a chance you've seen some of the best shorts in other places already without having to sit down to the movie.
>>
>>78025331

It would be great if Disney released these on blu-ray.
>>
What does Make Mine Music even mean? That you are supposed to make music in a mine?
>>
Fun & Fancy Free Sucks !!
>>
>>78025402
I think it just barely passes the minimum length requirements that defined what a movie is at the time.
So technically yes.
>>
File: 615Z4KXEKNL._SY300_.jpg (28KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
615Z4KXEKNL._SY300_.jpg
28KB, 210x300px
>>78025331
>Leaving out the best one
you might be gay OP
>>
>>78029879

I left it out because it's way more known. I liked the first to clips, but it turned to crap after that.
>>
File: mad duck.jpg (7KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
mad duck.jpg
7KB, 250x189px
>>78029774
You suck!
>>
File: magic harp.jpg (93KB, 999x756px) Image search: [Google]
magic harp.jpg
93KB, 999x756px
Fun and Fancy Free has mai waifu in it.
>>
>>78029657
>What does Make Mine Music even mean? That you are supposed to make music in a mine?

In the 1940s, when you and friends were ordering different kinds of beer, or soda, or ice cream, at a bar or soda fountain, it was then modern slang to say "make mine vanilla," "make mine a Budweiser" or suchlike.

Lots of "make mine..." phrases drifted around in the culture. And thus, Make Mine Music.
>>
Saludos Amigos is pure eye candy. Indispensable.

Make Mine Music is the one with a bunch of shorts that didn't cut it for Fantasia. The quality is all over the map. At least youtube All the Cats Join In and The Whale That Wanted to Sing

Melody Time is about Johnny Appleseed and Pecos Bill. They're solidly done and Slue-Foot Sue is qt.

Fun and Fancy Free features live-action bits where a kidnapped girl is forced to have a party with a ventriloquist and his creepy puppets. To distract her from finding a phone, they tell her an okay story about a circus bear and Mickey and the Beanstalk, which you've watched elsewhere at this point.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.