[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Jessica Jones wasnt set in the MCU and didn't have David

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (145KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 600x400px
If Jessica Jones wasnt set in the MCU and didn't have David Tennant would you have still watched/enjoyed it?

I know this is sci fi but do they really expect anyone to believe that a guy that looks like David Tennant would need to rape anyone?
>>
Were you paying attention to the show? Since he was a child everyone always did what he said. To him it wasn't rape, it was simply that otherwise he would be alone. Even if a girl would have liked him he could then not talk to her without it influencing her.

Not that he is sympathetic. If he could influence people to boost his power he could get them to make a cure. Anyway. There are plenty of shows that get undue affection because of their comic links, but I think that Jessica Jones is genuinely good enough on its own.
>>
Depends on who you replace him with. It's not like he epitomized the character. He did a great job, but it's not like how J.K. Simmons kind of ruined future live action Jamesons chances to look great.

I'm sure that more handsome men have needed to rape, bro.
>>
>>78023690
>J.K. Simmons kind of ruined future live action Jamesons chances to look great
Pretty much the only person that can do the role justice post-JKS is Terry Crews.
>>
I'm not even a huge Tennant fan, but he really made Kilgrave. I'm sure they could find other good actors for him, though.

Jessica Jones probably would've been better if it wasn't attached to the MCU. It didn't feel like a show that wanted to be, so.
>>
>>78023636

You don't rape because you can't pull any, you rape because it's hot.
>>
>>78023700
>Terry Crews
This is the second time I've seen this suggested

Is it one guy who keeps posting it or is this a meme
>>
File: news_photo_54158_1403217396.jpg (962KB, 2952x1896px) Image search: [Google]
news_photo_54158_1403217396.jpg
962KB, 2952x1896px
>>78023636
he kind of looks like an unmexican eugenio derbez
>>
>>78023636
>didn't have David Tennant would you have still watched/enjoyed it?

No.
I watched it purely because I like Tennant.
I found the rest to be bleh as expected.
>>
>>78023636
That's kinda a dumb question.
>>
>>78023839
Bit of both. I'm surprised you've only seen it twice, it tends to get brought up every other Spider-man movie thread.

One anon even made a shop of Crews with the JJJ hair and mustache.
>>
File: image.png (38KB, 700x662px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38KB, 700x662px
>>78023636
No and I wouldn't have enjoyed Alias as much as part of its appeal is that it's the underbelly and subversion of a world populated by Superheroes.

This is as opposed to the 'wat if supers wre reel' in which there is no leg room for the fantastic because people think that a man wearing a cape kills the suspension of disbelief.
This concept of grim-dark has been done to fucking death with Powers, The Boys, Ultimate U and Heroes.

Alias a.ka. Jessica Jones is not arseholes with powers.
>>
>>78023636
>would you still watched
Yes, because it's made by a person working on Dexter when Dexter wasn't one of the worst things in the history of TV.
>enjoyed it
No, I didn't enjoy it even with MCU label.

Oh, and Kilgrave is a terrible character and I hate David Tennant as an actor.
>>
>>78025260
B-but it is actually about opressive relationships and guys who manipulate people and dont realise that they are the evil guys after all!
Its progresive!
>>
>>78023839
I've seen several times, from at least one person who isn't me.
>>
>>78025591
Who the fuck are you talking to?

Who even brought up progressiveness in this thread?
>>
>>78025626
Marvel did.
>>
>>78025591
The show's more about having powers, but not being a hero set out to save others.

Most of the time when I watch JJ or re-read Alias there is a line of narrative where your not meant to admire Jessica's self destructive tendencies.
>>
I gave it a shot because it was Marvel and they do good work.

I might not have given it a chance if it hadn't been Marvel. But I got hooked pretty early, so if I had given it a chance I would have stuck with it even if it weren't Marvel.

I think David Tennant did a good job with it, but other actors could have pulled it off too. The script is strong. He's a exciting, intriguing character before he even delivers any lines himself.
>>
>>78025646
B-but she is a female protagonist, so she is just noble and ... noble!

>>78025646
>>78025626
Sorry, I saw people saying that on facebook and got pissed. So, as the functional human being I am, I decided to take it on other people.
>>
>>78023836
This. Like y'all don't know what kinks are.
>>
>>78025744
Yeah well that's the beauty of human condition Anon people see lines where there are none, if the source material is not like that then there's no reason to get irate over retards.
>>
>>78026039
Yeah.... thanks, anon.
>>
It's not that he needs to rape anyone, it's that everything he does is always non consensual because of the nature of his powers.
>>
>>78026352
Which is either going to be hellish, or make you sociopathic.

Like, yes he's a monster still because of what he does, but I don't think it's possible to have his powers without being a monster.
>>
>>78026352
The guy sold his house on free will.
>>
>you're not ten anymore
>>
>>78026352
Learn sign language you filthy british cunt
>>
>not liking JJ

Kilgrave is the most terrifying villain in the MCU, hell he's one of the best villains in television right now.
>>
>>78025626
This is /co/. Progressives are the boogeyman under people's beds that people here constantly fear and obsess over
>>
>>78028748
If you don't watch much television.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.