[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Good Dinosaur Might be Pixar's first failure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 33

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/good-dinosaur-box-office-1201655546/

F I N I S H E D
I
N
I
S
H
E
D
>>
I still haven't watched the movie for myself but I have a feeling that I'll be disappointed.
>>
>>78015706
>What is Cars
>>
>>78016009
Cars did great financially.
>>
>>78015706
I guess Cars 2 and Monster's University don't exist anymore
>>
>>78016074
Those both were in the black before they left theatres Whatever you may think of them, they made money.

The Good Dinosaur might be Pixar's first movie to actually lose money.
>>
>>78016074
At least they were sequels. Like it says in the article, this never resonated as a Pixar film. A kid and a dinosaur has been done so many times before.
>>
>>78016021
>>78016074
They're talking about box office failures you dumb fucks.
>>
>>78015706

So, whose bright idea was it to make this movie again? It looks like a b concept that should been rightfully dragged to Disney's b digital studio, as opposed to their heavy hitter.
>>
>>78016021

And a merdeload of merch
>>
>>78015706
Haven't seen this movie and I have no intention to, but with how ugly these designs are, it doesn't surprise me.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 237x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 237x255px
>150 million spent on marketing
>barely saw it anywhere

Uh
>>
>>78015706
watch as they and the industry blame everything EXCEPT what they actually did wrong
>well i guess kids dont like dinosaurs
>well i guess audiences prefer realism
no you fucks they just want them to LOOK LIKE DINOSAURS and if youre going to stylize, STYLIZE WITH STYLE.
>>
>>78016143
oh, or this. they'll blame the premise
nevermind the premise is fucking gold. and has NEVER been done except in We're Back, which was similarly faggylooking.. and not even really the same thing.
>>
Too bad I want to see it just because I heard soccer moms are bitching about it being too violent and I feel like spiting them.
>>
>>78015706
Maybe because the marketing was shit?

Most Pixar movies get a ton of marketing for months in advance, and the commercials only started appearing maybe 1 1/2 months before this one. Maybe it is one of the weaker Pixar films. When you've done so many you're bound to have some mediocre ones (ex: Treasure Planet from Disney Animation), but it doesn't mean it is bad.
>>
>>78016302
yeah that would motivate ME to see it for sure. dinosaurs and violence go hand in hand
but this didnt have a drop of blood did it
>>
>>78016237
Pretty much this. It's definitely not their worst movie and they advertised it fine, but it seems like a lot of people were hesitant on it simply because of the appearance.
>>
>>78016451
who gives a fuck about marketing
you only have to see a commercial for a movie once to know it exists, and that's all you need to know whether to see it.. word of mouth does the rest
>>
Well no shit it had no marketing, they wanted it to fail. Brave and Cars were shit but they promoted the fuck out of those films. They just flat out didn't care for this one.
>>
>>78016074
>Monster's University
>Bad

I know you wanna bait anon but seriously, you could at least try.
>>
>>78015706
That's too bad. Oh well. They'll make that money back and more with Dory and Incredibles 2.
>>
>>78016525
It reminds me of how people who didnt like wind waker got dismissed with 'you just want grim realism' or 'you hate cel shading'
and it's like.. no, i hate gross muppetpumpkins. I want my zelda to look like a link between worlds if it's gonna be chibi. (i mean at the time we didn't have that, but that's what I would draw for people so they understood what I wanted)
oh and i also hate a game who gives you this fantastic backstory explaining why hyrule is a land of underground ruins (it was once flooded), gives you the goal of bringing it back, then at the last second has the fucking king decide 'fuckit, destroy it all. sorry link you did all that for nothing. oh and the new country wont even be hyrule so whatever'
Point is we immediately got toon link in non-celshading in Brawl, and it looked just as bad. so stop saying that's the problem.
>>
File: 3634733.jpg (40KB, 211x203px) Image search: [Google]
3634733.jpg
40KB, 211x203px
>roughly $150 million spent on marketing

time to fire their marketing department
>>
>>78016483

> Pixar's first commercial failure
> Also happened to have people bitching about violence

Oh boy, I sure can't wait for Disney to force things to be even tamer because of this
>>
>>78016173
Pixar IS Disney's B studio now.

Pretty much ever since Frozen made all of the money.
>>
>>78016585
I'm not exactly what type of point you're trying to make because you don't seem to understand English very well or know how to stay on a topic. Please reply to this with what your point was if you had one besides wanting to bitch about WW ten years too late.
>>
They made bland garbage.
They played it safe with a herbivore protagonist when they were fine with making carnivore side characters.
They played it safe by making Spot act like a dog rather than have him act like a human more of the time.
They played it safe by following the "A Boy and His Dog" archtype to a T.
>>
>>78016682
>They played it safe by copying Ice Age
FIFY
>>
>>78016117
Into the red and out of the black
You pay for this, but they give you that
And once you're gone, you can't come bac
When you're into the red and out of the black
>>
>>78016451
What'd you just say about Treasure Planet
>>
It's such a weird movie. There's this inkling of a larger, stranger setting, what with the herbivores knowing how to do agriculture, the carnivores mastering ranching, and the triceratops with a shaman vibe going on. It's all ultimately lost, though, since it's a all just flavoring for a story we've heard before.

It also seems like Pixar doesn't actually know how to tell a story that isn't in the typical Pixar formula way.
>>
File: 1447526665514.jpg (150KB, 1024x828px) Image search: [Google]
1447526665514.jpg
150KB, 1024x828px
>>78017272
Shut up anime, man
>>
File: tumblr_mlgkhpusf91rb1rgoo7_1280.jpg (141KB, 877x867px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlgkhpusf91rb1rgoo7_1280.jpg
141KB, 877x867px
>>78016585
>gross muppetpumpkins

Actually, the visual design of Wind Waker was based on this movie. As was Samurai Jack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulQ5jumhk1Y
>>
>>78016237
>>78016525

I don't think the designs has anything to do with it. It's just that it looks like their least ambitious movie ever.
>>
>>78015706
probably because the movie SUCKED
>>
>>78015706

the movie sucked but what hurts me is that this will discourage any other project that takes place in prehistoric times, I know the movie is an alternative universe kind of thing, but I still would like to see a movie about cavemen thats taken seriously.
>>
>>78015706
I just noticed but that's literally a recolor of Arlo's design
>>
I didn't look twice at the movie because it just felt like Pixar was going through the motions. It didn't look like any real effort was put in like there was in Up, WALL-E, Ratatouille etc. The story looked basic, the characters sounded basic, the artstyle was basic. Then again, the last Pixar/Disney/Dreamworks movie I watched was TS3 so what would I know.
>>
>>78016199

That's the main thing; Cars is a billion dollar franchise just because of the toy sales. The box office take for those films is irrelevant since they're basically extended toy commercials.
>>
>>78017379
This. The only premise I got from all the advertisements I've seen was... there's dinosaurs, and I'm assuming there's one trying to be, in some fashion, "good"? I feel like I don't even have enough information to begin forming an opinion, and thus care.
>>
>>78016554
Not that anon, but it was completely pandering bullshit.
>>
When I heard Pixar was making The Gay Dinosaur I was overcome with emotion, finally a Disney movie with a gay main character! I thought his relationship with the little cave boy would've been something I could really look forward to...

But then they backed out and called it The Good Dinosaur. Such cowardice from Disney... so close to breaking the glass ceiling of gay dinosaurs having romantic tension with little cave boys. The fight continues. We shall overcome.
>>
>>78015706
of course it did.
jurassic world just went on dvd

little boys want to see that, not cutesy dinosaurs
>>
>>78018156
Pandering to what?
>>
>>78018156
Do you believe that Finding Dory, TS4, Cars 3, and The Incredibles 2 will be complete pandering bullshit?
>>
>>78018186
I'm assuming he meant Nostalgia pandering?
>>
>>78018156
Maybe so but doesn't make it a bad movie. By your logic TS2 and TS3 were also bad am I right?
>>
Never even heard of it over here in Aus, I watch TV all the time and saw no trailers whatsoever.
>>
File: Angry Space Rock.png (195KB, 490x595px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Space Rock.png
195KB, 490x595px
>>78018240
>Don't want to take anything away from Zootopia XD
Fuck that goddamn movie. It's gonna a generic borefest, I can already feel it.
>>
>>78018185
Yeah, even with all the other problems this movie has that's some bad timing. You never want to have a dinosaur movie competing in the same window as Jurassic Park.

This is actually why Tim Burton did Mars Attacks, he originally wanted to do Dinosaurs Attack but realized people would draw too many comparisons.
>>
File: bart.gif (474KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
bart.gif
474KB, 500x383px
>monstrously successful company puts out a product that isn't as successful/critically acclaimed/whatever as its predecessors
>[COMPANY] IS FINISHED
I fucking hate this meme.
Eh, at least this isn't /v/, where it's much worse.
>game is released without a very, very minor, trivial detail, ie changing the volume in the settings
>[COMPANY] IS FINISHED, BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY
>>
>>78018494
I've always hated this scene because it looks like his head is hitting the doors over and over and I'm unsure if it's the joke or not. I feel like if that was the joke the impact would move his head a bit.
>>
>>78018523
Uh. The bed is what's opening the doors.
>>
>>78016675

Don't discard people's thoughts because you're desperate to defend something. Every time someone usually says somethng negative, 4chan's reaction is usually a strawman.

>you don't like Wind Waker for certain flaws, or you dont like the artstyle?
>you just didn't get it! you're a faggot! you hate fun! and so on

>you don't like Steven Universe?
>hurr you must be a fatty who likes Adventure time!

>you don't like Nintendo?
>durr you're a mature gamer who plays call of duty

>you don't think ja/ck/, Donald Trump, and DSP are the coolest people? You must work for Pewdiepie and Hillary Clinton!

>you don't know the different between a Colt and a Luger? You must be a sissy who wants gun control! (courtesy of /k/)

A reasonable argument is not something I demand, but I would appreciate it nonetheless, instead of people finding ways to discard the argument through shallow fallacies.
>>
>>78015706
Wait for the toy sales.
>>
>>78016237
>well i guess kids dont like dinosaurs
>Jurassic World BTFO of all superhero movies at the box office to date
>>
This movie had really shitty ads. Its only failing because Disney wants it to.
>>
>>78018678
I literally had no idea what he was trying to say but yes I agree with this. I was not trying to disregard his complaint with the "bitch about WW too late" thing either if that's how it came across. I was just making a joke. I completely agree and I think that shit ruins the entire board and all the screaming about leddit tumblr /co/mbler /pol/ bullshit is even more ridiculous. i wish more people would both give actual complaints and arguments other than "reddit likes it" "muh Mandarin" etc AND actually make their thoughts legible. also this probably comes off unreadable as well because im so fucking tired.
>>
>>78016657
Then it should have been taken to the C studio, the one that makes shit like Planes
>>
>>78018742

Been to DLR lately, I haven't seen a lot of kids with Arlo merch even though Arlo himself is pretty cute as far as design is concerned.

I don't know, I feel like this movie could have been more relatable if Spot acted more like a human and less like a dog. It really fit 'Boy and his Dog' to a T and made for a very bland sort of plot.

There really should have been more conflict between Spot and Arlo when the adult human showed up. It seems like a giant missed opportunity that Arlo just drags Spot away and Spot doesn't react at all aside some odd staring at where the human was. It could have been more impactful if Spot ran away to the human despite what selfish wish Arlo wanted, and then later Arlo sees the pterodactyls flying in the direction he saw Spot and the human go following that. It'd be more an incentive to save his friend than have his dog kidnapped again imo.
>>
>>78016728
Have you seen this film? It's nothing like Ice Age.
>>
File: 845656883.jpg (18KB, 424x322px) Image search: [Google]
845656883.jpg
18KB, 424x322px
>>78018494

i'm totally with you, mate
>>
File: I see wut you dun did ther.jpg (5KB, 240x168px) Image search: [Google]
I see wut you dun did ther.jpg
5KB, 240x168px
>>78017068
I think >>78016451 implied Treasure Planet was one of the weakest films Disney Animation has made.
>>
File: 1421154346940.jpg (108KB, 900x960px) Image search: [Google]
1421154346940.jpg
108KB, 900x960px
>>78016228

This

I go to one or two movies a week, am on the internet almost constantly, literally had never heard of this movie until my family wanted to see it around thanksgiving

I was like what the fuck is this

and then it turned out to be really weird

whole thing just felt off, and even when I was in the theater I noticed there were no posters or anything anywhere

I feel like they knew it was a flop and just let it die.
>>
>>78018222
I have mild hopes for Incredibles 2 but basically yes
>>
>>78015706
Cars 2 already took care of that.
>>
>>78016009
Why does everyone hate cars. The story was simple yet effective. The characters were all likeable and fun. My dad really likes the film because he's a car enthusiast and likes Mater. It doesn't deserve to be called the worst.
>>
>>78016237
Finding Nemo is a really good example of stylizing characters while still being faithful to the animal they are inspired by.

Why didn't they just do that again?
>>
>>78017068
No one fucking messes with treasure planet.

If it had made more money we would have got a sequel, tv show on disney channel and even a 3rd. A fucking trilogy. It pains me to even think about what could have been.
>>
>>78015706
Brave
>>
>>78015706
they should aim for cute girls doing cute girls things
>>
>>78016585
>>>>/v/
>>
it's a very chill and comfy movie, but it doesnt have much substance
>>
I've never heard of this movie except for this thread right now and an offhand mention in an Inside Out thread a while ago.
Bit strange normally there's at least youtube ads or something.
>>
>>78018089
the title doesnt make much sense. the raptors and the flappyflies are the only antagonistic forces, everyone else is nice. arlo's family and the t-rex family are making a living for themselves in an honest way

not sure what else they could have called it, though.
>>
>>78016483
>but this didnt have a drop of blood did it

There wasn't any blood, but they sure loved to show extended shots of Arlo's body being banged up.

I swear, the focus on his knee was on there for a good 30 seconds. It's like they just wanted to dedicate some time to show off the new skin tech they developed.
>>
File: 1352320939512.gif (3MB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
1352320939512.gif
3MB, 232x232px
>Spend $150m on marketing
>Barely any marketing occured

I can't blame the marketing team for this. There was barely any good material to use for a decent trailer.

I will praise them for the decision of keeping Arlo fucking silent on a majority of the trailers.

He was obnoxious as shit in the actual movie.
>>
>>78021001
is that ashley from re4
>>
>>78017363
That's amazing. Thank you for sharing this information... now I have to track down a copy of this film.
>>
Frozen wasn't the turning point for Disney 3D over Pixar, it was Wreck it Ralph.

Once they started down the SJW path (i.e. Brave), it was inevitable.
>>
>>78016237
Yeah! More giant birds! Down with the scientifically inaccurate!
>>
>>78021090
>Once they started down the SJW path (i.e. Brave), it was inevitable.
You didn't even see the goddamn movie if you think that's what it was about.
>>
>>78019710
>Why does everyone hate cars.

Faggot liberals fell over themselves when the first one came out about how morally twisted it was to glorify and wax nostalgic in American car culture in a world devoid of humans.

I'm not a huge fan of the Wilson bros., and I'm sure that didn't help much either.

The sequel and non-Pixar Planes spin-off were pure fucking shameless cash grabs.
>>
>>78016585
That all has nothing to do with anything in this thread.
Also stop hating on cel shading.
>>
>>78021200
>If it has a main character who is a girl and her motivation is that she doesn't want to get married then it's SJW
This is a shitposters thinking.
>>
>>78021090
heres your (You)
>>
>>78021350
>people actually claiming brave wasn't SJW
>Brave
>the movie that literally sold itself on "she's a strong independent woman who don't need no man"

Brave was the most blatant SJW pandering movie I've ever seen. Did you not pay attention to the marketing or something?

I mean for fucks sake, /co/ can't be this stupid.
>>
>they fell for the "feathered dinosaurs" meme
>>
File: 1374075452779.png (64KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
1374075452779.png
64KB, 500x297px
>>78015706
>mfw seeing this thread

THERE IS JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD

FUCK YOU PIXAR FOR YOUR FORMULAIC BULLSHIT
>>
>>78021424
you are a paranoid child whose mother did not hug you enough
>>
>>78021424
>some female character doesn't want a husband
>it's feminist propaganda!!1
>>
File: 1421088518980.jpg (11KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1421088518980.jpg
11KB, 280x280px
>>78016585
>>
>>78015706
I'm still mad at the raptor's design
>>
>>78015706

>Pixar coming out with 2 movies in 2015
>Disney coming out with 2 movies in 2016

I've got a theory that they've arranged it so that Disney and Pixar never have to compete with each other for the Oscars, and that Disney or Pixar comes out with one "serious" movie and one "fun" movie in a given year. Inside Out was ultra-emotional, so The Good Dinosaur (haven't seen it yet, but based on what it looks like) gets to be more lighthearted. In 2016, Zootopia will be the lighthearted comedy and Moana will be the epic Disney princess musical.

>>78019710

people hate it because it's "just" a kid's movie

the first Cars is admittedly not as good as virtually every other Pixar movie, but it was still decent

the sequel was completely necessary
>>
>>78021784
>The Good Dinosaur ... gets to be more lighthearted.

It's not; if anything, it's probably the most grim film Pixar has made.
>>
>You'll never gonna have Sanjay's super squad series.
>>
>>78021001
Unfortunately the marketers couldn't use the tagline: "Like the first Ice Age movie, but with dinosaurs"
>>
>>78021736
I was expecting Raptors to be smarter looking.
>>
This is just an odd movie to me. It has all these really detailed backgrounds and scenery but the designs are so cartoony they completely clash with the environments
Its also the same Pixar movie we've been watching since Toy Story
>2 characters who are polar opposites get lost
>have to find their way home
>end up liking each other by the end
I'll give Cars 1 credit for not being this same plot
>>
File: xhdhgdfddfgcbcb.png (341KB, 525x514px) Image search: [Google]
xhdhgdfddfgcbcb.png
341KB, 525x514px
>>78015706
>first
>>
File: tumblr_ndcxyjYicw1r19m9no1_1280.png (12KB, 885x456px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndcxyjYicw1r19m9no1_1280.png
12KB, 885x456px
kids like dnosaurs because they look like fierce "fantasy" creatures that actually were real
making them have dumb faces was the most fucking terrible idea

who the fuck was at the head of this?
>>
File: 1426938184880.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1426938184880.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>78015706
Dear god that looks awful.
>>
>>78015706
Most likely, movies like this do very well on Russia.
CGI comedy animated films with talking animals. Though this isn't much of a comedy. Just look at Ice Age. Much of it's box office was from Russia.
I think one of the few American animated films which don't fall on that formula but still did better in Russia than in US was Anastasia thanks to being a fairy tale very loosely based on Russian history without being offensive and also having a very great Russian dub.
>>
>>78018342
>This is actually why Tim Burton did Mars Attacks, he originally wanted to do Dinosaurs Attack but realized people would draw too many comparisons.

Mars Attacks came out the same year as ID4 though, so he was going to be fucked either way.
>>
>>78015706
>>
>>78018494
Almost every big name game in 2015 was massively bugged or unfinished. I know it's fun to exaggerate /v/'s reasons to throw shitfits but won't you let that meme die?
>>
>>78015706
Well no shit it flopped.
>that character design
I felt sick the first time I saw that green retard. This was an instant dealbreaker for me. Probably for many other people as well.
>that trailer
Trailer made it look like the Same Pixar Formula al over again that we've seen a million times without offering any hint about what's new about it this time. There was no hint of conflict or why I should care what happens.

if you have two characters who need to get along, fucking tell us what they need to overcome at least. But no. All I get is some disgusting rejected character from Wallace and Gromit who just stares at things with its stupid expression and an ugly child who doesn't even talk in the trailer so yeah. It's like they don't even want us to see the.movie. I feel bad if it's actually good but marketing failed. I haven't seen it and probably never will.
>>
>>78022174
I do not understand this picture
>>
>>78015706
Can't speak for everyone but the reason I'm not remotely interested is because this is the most cynical Pixar movie by far. Everything about it seems like it's been solely crafted to sell toys and to appeal to as wide an audience as possible while sacrificing all artistic integrity in the process.

It's a fucking big mac in movie form.
>>
I didn't get the vibe it was funny from the TV ads which is a big factor for kids going to see it. No celebrity voices to let adults know it existed probably hurt it too.
>>
>>78019760
I don't know, Atlantis got a peusdo-sequel/TV show and look how that turned out...
>>
>feathered dinosaurs: 0
>actual fuck yeah dinosaurs: 1
>>
File: happiness.jpg (6KB, 300x303px) Image search: [Google]
happiness.jpg
6KB, 300x303px
>remember all those threads months ago where people swore up and down that the Good Dinosaur would be amazing
> everyone who thought the trailers looked bad were stupid they said
>have faith in Pixar they said
Vindication feels so good
>>
>>78016451
>Treasure Planet
I'll fight you son. If you want to talk Mediocre Disney films it would be Home on the Range
>>
File: help.png (243KB, 285x448px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
243KB, 285x448px
>friend brings a CAMRIP over to watch
>someone in the theatre has gas and is ripping huge farts every other minute
>can barely watch the film because I'm laughing too hard at the farting guy
>>
Going to reserve judgement until I see the actual movie but the idea alone seemed a bit lackluster even when they first announced plans for it.

What exactly is even supposed to be the hook of the movie? Intelligent dinosaurs and humans who act like dogs?
>>
>>78023878
>watching camrips
>ever
>>
>>78023889
I got my dick sucked during it
>>
>>78022174
diaper fur lol
>>
>>78023898
>getting your dick sucked by an autistic faggot
How do you sleep at night?
>>
>>78023642
Attempts at realism in CGI animated movies
>>
>>78023922
In a bed with an autistic faggot.
>>
>>78022174
I too remember when cartoons would reference peter lorre
>>
>>78021090
Actually it was Tangled before that.

Tangled may not have recouped a lot of its money in the box-office, but it helped revitalise Disney and a lot of the spending for that movie went into the technology that allows stuff like Ralph, Big Hero 6 and Frozen to be made much on a much cheaper budget.
>>
File: CeraStanding.jpg (31KB, 584x480px) Image search: [Google]
CeraStanding.jpg
31KB, 584x480px
>>78015706
They should of made the dinosaurs Unfier.
>>
>>78023642
Look at The Smurfs and, to a lesser extent, Alvin and the Chipmunks
>>
>>78017379
Well, the style turned me away from 'a dinosaur movie by Pixar.'
>>
>>78023879
65 million yrs ago meteor misses Earth. Dinosaurs become dominant species but no technology. Humans are the critters. 4channerz, i mean, juve dinosaur needs to grow up. Has adventures with orphan human and conquers fear. Both get stoned for good times. Lessons learned, friendships cemented.
>>
>>78015706
Is it actually a bad film or is it just not selling? I've really been out of the loop on this one.
>>
>>78018759
>B-b-b-b-but Jurassic World

That was mainly do to nostalgia, they'll still be superhero movies but there won't be any dinosaur movies to follow the trend.
>>
>>78024512
But will the companies look at it that way? All they see is "Cartoony dinosaur bad, big mean dinosaur good"
>>
File: why_dont_you_.png (65KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
why_dont_you_.png
65KB, 637x476px
>>78016451
You had me until Treasure Planet
>>
>>78022044
IDK man, those T-Rexes (hehe that rhymes with Texas) were pretty mean lookin' ta me.

That was a weird mounted horse gallop they animated them to do.
>>
>>78024568
I can honestly say that Pixar didn't give a shit about it due to its troubled production and wanted it to be out in theaters as soon as possible to move on with their sequels, it literally means nothing. Why is The Good Dinosaur getting so much heat for being formulaic abd forgettable while Big Hero 6 gets a pass I have no clue.
>>
Such a weird decision to release 2 Pixar movies in the same year.
>>
File: Dinosaur-disney-67708_1024_768.jpg (110KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dinosaur-disney-67708_1024_768.jpg
110KB, 1024x768px
The Good Dinosaur is shit.
>>
>>78023898

Was his name Koda
>>
It wasn't even bad. Lackluster by Pixar standards, but otherwise a fine animated movie. The backgrounds and environment is beautiful, the story is told mostly through the animation and score.

I'd say it was better than Brave and Big Hero 6.
>>
>>78024793

If it's better than big hero 6 I might just go see it. I only really want to go see it in order to see the Zootopia trailer in 3d
>>
>>78024663
Disney likes to crank shit out and restrict dvd availability. Greedy motherfuckers.
>>
>>78015706
It didn't look interesting to me. We have another companion that's a dog and the juxtaposition between the environments and the goofy designs didn't sell me
>>
It's a failure in comparison to the Land Before Time and You are Umasou.

I mean, Littlefoot's Mom dies in the Land Before Time.

How does she die? FIGHTING A T-REX
How does what's his face dad die? In a flood.

One is awesome, one is lame.
>>
That ending was so weak. Alro never did anything "bigger than himself" to warrant getting to place his mark. With Arlo bonding a little with the chick at the start I was hoping Arlo's big contribution would be domesticating the humans, but they just let the ending fizzle out.
>>
>>78024501
It's not selling
>>
>>78024889
In the original script the child would discover how to create fire, which would be the link to human evolution in the movie's universe. It was supposed to imply that humans would eventually surpass dinosaurs. But this was discarded in the actual movie.
>>
>>78023889
>Carnage emerging from a tennis ball
>>
>>78024691
Literally the biggest disappointment of my childhood.
>>
The whole movie is
>Playskool character design
>Generic kid-gets-lost-from-his-family-and-learns-about-fear-oh-yeah-and-his-parent-died story
>LOOK AT HOW GOOD WE MADE THE WATER AND TREES LOOK!!!!!
>>
>>78024691
Honestly, I don't remember anything about this movie.

Aside from a dinosaur being adopted by lemurs.
Didn't a girl lemur have a crush on the dinosaur?
I wondered how that'd work
>>
File: Triarelaxed.jpg (40KB, 1000x806px) Image search: [Google]
Triarelaxed.jpg
40KB, 1000x806px
>>78024175
Needed a gooder, thicker Dinogal as lead to put their "Style" in the right places
>>
I think that its mostly Disney's fault for having Frozen released first.
This movie could've been good or rather amazing.
But it's just meh.
BTW I haven't seen it yet.
>>
>>78027280
>I-it's not Pixar's fault!
>They're perfect
>It's all dirty Disney to blame
>>
>>78018237
Which is the reason Toy Story 3 is widely considered a piece of shit, right?
>>
>>78027370
The difference was that Toy Story 3's pandering worked.
Probably because the ages lined up.
Adults seeing TS3 were genuine kids when they saw TS1.
Kids who saw Monsters Inc are like teenagers now.

Nostalgia pandering works most on the mid 20 demo when they can feel their live slipping out of their control
>>
File: pixar films.png (38KB, 521x432px) Image search: [Google]
pixar films.png
38KB, 521x432px
>>78027370
But it isn't.
>>
>>78021015
[Spoiler] It's sherry Birkin
>>
File: what halal edition.jpg (31KB, 397x372px) Image search: [Google]
what halal edition.jpg
31KB, 397x372px
>>78027466
>Ratatouille
>highest
>>
>>78023829
>feathered dinosaurs - 0
>actual fuck yeah dinosaurs - 0
>gooey dinosaurs that look like a clay art project completed 15 minutes before the project was due - 1
There you go, all fixed
>>
File: 243460090931.jpg (17KB, 233x197px) Image search: [Google]
243460090931.jpg
17KB, 233x197px
>>78016021
Yeah, because it was a toy commercial. As a movie, it was shit. Pixar phoned it in because they thought it was the last movie they were making for Disney, and then the buyout happened.

Pixar's last great movie was Wall-E, and that was several years ago. Ever since then, they've been riding on sequels and "babysitter movies." The only thing they will probably be truly successful with going forward will be sequels to their past successes. This is the future we have, because Brave failed while Cars made a billion dollars just in merchandise.
>>
>>78027537
But Ratatouille isn't the highest.
>>
Maybe you shouldn't put out two movies in a single year and advertise one half as much as the other one then.
>>
>>78021103
Eat a million dicks and then die. Feathered dinosaurs are infinitely more interesting than boring scaled ones.
>>
>>78021467
Fine. Ever seen a kid's movie with a prince who doesn't want to marry a princess and end up doing alright without a girl?
I guess not.
>>
>>78021869
That already happened though
>>
>>78022174
I will never understand this. Who thinks this looks good?
>>
>>78027280
>A movie released years before is at fault
>>
>>78028176
>What is Emperor's New Groove
>Implying it's not one of the best movies because of it
>>
>>78027894
>Pixar's last great movie was Wall-E
Piss off, Up was great.
>>
>>78021103
Thats not what he said and you know it.
>>
>>78028076
He was talking about the metacritic score i guess.
>>
>>78028242
3d artists.
>>78028282
That's not the theme at all. The girl thing barely exist as a gag.
I agree with you about the quality of the movie tho.
>>
>>78028346
UP and Wall-E are both good movies that become average the further you get in.

Wall-E gets bogged down the moment they reach the space ship
UP gets bogged down as they continue to add "wacky side characters" you realize that the movie opened with either a miscarriage or a confirmation of sterility and ended with dogs in tiny planes trying to shoot down the protagonist and being defeated by the mention of the word Squirrel.
>>
>>78028655
>That's not the theme at all. The girl thing barely exist as a gag.
There is no girl theme. He doesn't try to get a girl at all because he doesn't want one.
>>
>>78023878
Was it from a torrent? Sounds hilarious and the main reason why I don't go to theaters anymore, the people around you are terrible
>>
>>78018342
Didn't he only want to do Dinosaurs Attack because WB's bid for the rights to Jurassic Park with him at the helm failed?

There were 4 bids total I believe Spielberg/Universal, Dante/Fox, Burton/WB and free agent Cameron who likely would've been distributed by Fox. Could be fuzzy on some details though.

He was still pounded by having an invasion movie in the same frame as ID4. Poor Burton.
>>
File: 1440305529020.jpg (53KB, 339x481px) Image search: [Google]
1440305529020.jpg
53KB, 339x481px
>>78017068
>>78016451
>>78019350
>>78024578

>you will never have the Treasure Planet video game that only exists as a demo disc for PS1
>>
Is this movie even good?
>>
>>78030776
I got a demo on the PC in a happy meal. I got like two.
>>
Inside Out, probably one of Pixar's best movies, did amazing at the box office this summer. So who gives a shit if this 15 year late hop on the bandwagon did shit?
>>
>>78030776
I played it at my cousins house 15 or so years ago
90% of it was gliding from one rock platform to another

I didn't find it very appealing
>>
>>78028242
Furries
And suits
>>
File: 1357530684725.jpg (24KB, 244x244px) Image search: [Google]
1357530684725.jpg
24KB, 244x244px
>>78030847
I watched it
Its irregular
The movie doesnt flow well
Heres spoilers

>Dinosaurs farming
>They have kids
>A strong sporty boy, smartass girl and weak pussy ass runt boy
>kids have chores. If they do a great thing they get great honor
>first 2 kids do theirs, scaredy cat is 2 afraid to pull anything off
>Dad tells him to catch critter to get honor
>Critter is a little boy that acts like a dog
>Lets critter go because he cant kill it
>Dad angry takes pussy down river to catch it
>oh shit storm
>dad dies
>kid feels like sack of shit
>finds then chases dog-boy
>trips into river and is swept away
>Now hes gotta get back home!
>This is now the plot. half an hour of exposition building characters you wont see again for the rest of the movie
>He uses the dog boy to find his way home and find food
>After the storm our villain arrives. its a pterodactyl and it wants to eat his dog-boy
>Gets away. Never see the asshole and his crew till the end
>Dogboy and pussydino share feeliums and talk about their dead parents without words. Only deep part about this movie
>They get lost
>Meet trexes that are ranchers and have cattle. Cowboy trope out the ass
>Helps trexes track down their lost herd. trexes dont want to eat pussydino
>Hey were going down to a watering hole! someone there can help you home!
>Nevermind lol! you found your way home on accident! No new characters!
>New storm! dogboy gets stolen by pterodactyls
>Pussydino is KO and has dream where his dad tells him hes great now
>Pussydino is pussy no longer
>Goes and fights the pterodactyls, saves dogboy
>Goes home
>Some other humans show up
>Act like dogs too
>They have a feel with the dogboy
>Dinoex-pussy lets dogboy go with humans in same way as lassie
>Goes home
>Yay you are back!
>Movie end
>>
>>78028869
>Wall-E gets bogged down the moment they reach the space ship
And it picks back up with "caution: rogue robots"
>>
>>78021784
>>the first Cars is admittedly not as good as virtually every other Pixar movie

Better than Wall-E for damn sure, as well as Ratatatouulle.
>>
>>78018156
It was just a kid-friendly college movie. I liked it.
>>
>>78028152

Interesting in a parade float kind of way maybe
>>
File: CARLOS.jpg (35KB, 700x514px) Image search: [Google]
CARLOS.jpg
35KB, 700x514px
>>78031911
That sounds like absolute dogshit
>>
>>78031911
Sounds fun, the ranching/farming thing piques my interest.
>>
File: 1335555264420.jpg (31KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1335555264420.jpg
31KB, 320x240px
>>78031911
>>
>>78031911
pretty mediocre
>>
>>78021015
Sherry Birkin
>>
I'm a raptorfag
What did they do to my poor babies?
Why are they rednecks?
>>
>>78019426
My friend works at Disneyworld and I had to tell her this was Pixar. She works at the goddamn theme park surrounded by the mouse and his marketing all day, and she didn't know about this movie. And I agree the movie felt off. It was decent for what it was, I did end up enjoying it, but the story was not what I was expecting from the few trailers I saw. And it was one depressing scene after another to the point where I just got angry that Arlo kept fucking stumbling everywhere instead of feeling sorry for him. There were also 4 people in the entire theater besides me and two friends.
>>
>>78034650
Why are hyenas retarded greenish-gray bad guys? Disney/Pixar don't give a shit.
>>
>>78018338
Anon's post was nothing like that. Why'd that get deleted and this irrelevant shitpost got to stay?
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.