[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post and better writer or artist. >protip: you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Jack Kirby.jpg (517KB, 1759x2210px) Image search: [Google]
Jack Kirby.jpg
517KB, 1759x2210px
Post and better writer or artist.
>protip: you can't
>>
>>78008818
Then why make a thread? But you're right though
>>
Better writer:
Alan Moore
Alan Grant
John Wagner
Pat Mills
Mark Gruenwald
>>
Jack Kirby confirmed for Architect of HyperCrisis
>>
:^)
>>
Thought that was Sheev for a minute there.
>>
File: based Sheev.jpg (180KB, 1529x1200px) Image search: [Google]
based Sheev.jpg
180KB, 1529x1200px
>>78009001
I can't un-see it now
>>
>>78008987
;^0
>>
So, so, so many better writers.
>>
>>78008818
fuck kirby
>>
>>78008818
For such a small guy, the dude has this masculine aura about him.
>>
>>78009634
He did serve in the war
>>
>>78009657
yeah. as a fuckboi
>>
>>78009555
name four
>>
Hugo Pratt
Moebius
Gimenez
Darrow
>>
There are many better pure writers and artists s I will name better writer/artists

>Mike Mignola
>Charles Burns
>Dave Sim
>Frank Miller
>>
>>78011878
>Frank Miller
>>
Mike Mignola is the best combination writer/artist.
>>
File: arcee disgust.jpg (57KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
arcee disgust.jpg
57KB, 275x275px
>>78011878
>Frank Miller
>>
>>78008818
C'mon, now. Architect of modern capes, one of, if not THE best artists to ever draw in the whole medium (not just the "cape ghetto") but best writer?! He was very...inventive but he was lacking a lot of tools that make a great comic book writer. He's still The King, though, and he rules.....best writer/artist/cartoonist arguments are meaningless on here, anyway, you don't often get rational arguments put forward, y'know? It's just all name-calling and "shouting" from under-25 year olds who make themselves look like they're seriously unqualified to comment upon the subject in the thread. Read this post carefully before you start slagging me off.
>>
>first reply isn't Stan Lee
You're slipping. /co/.
>>
Jack was an unparalleled Idea guy. He would draw entire Fourth World issues stream-of-consciousness style. He had a profound ability to work with Themes and Motifs. Characters and concepts flowed out of his body with such energy that I start to WEEP thinking about it.

But as an actual "writer". As someone able to pull together a cohesive narrative with those themes, nah. He was a mess. For the very same reasons.

If Stan's ONLY contribution to comics was Taking Jack Kirby, and aiming him Forest Gump style towards the end-zone and harnessing that absolutely inhuman machine of bombastic imagination into something tight and focused, well..Stan earned his keep.
>>
He was a damn talented artist, but he was not too great at drawing male faces and his writing, as inventive as it is, was always hamfisted
>>
Can't beat Kirby Thor. Also a master of the cosmic storytelling of characters. Lee/Ditko Strange is also up their in terms of best comic writing too.
>>
File: latest[6].jpg (35KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest[6].jpg
35KB, 400x600px
Keith Giffen
>>
>>78012848
>writer
>>
File: ThisGuy.jpg (17KB, 300x388px) Image search: [Google]
ThisGuy.jpg
17KB, 300x388px
>>78008818
>>
>>78012453
>>78012544

Whatever scorn Miller may deserve these days, when he was at the top of his game he was extraordinarily talented.

Anyone saying otherwise is a child repeating what they read online that hasn't actually read Miller's work. I'm not saying anon is right about him being superior to Kirby, but Miller deserves respect.
>>
>>78013053
I agree. It's much easier to come up with ideas than putting them into execution. Just ask George Lucas.
>>
>>78016455
Came here to post Giffen.
>>
Will Eisner
>>
>>78008818
As I love Fourth World as much as the next, but Jack's storytelling has always been kind of shoddy.
>>
>>78013053
His work was still great at DC, but I bet it would've benefited if he wasn't his own editor
>>
>>78016455
Yep.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.