[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whomp!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 14

It's fine, I only removed the parts of my brain that contain memories. I can still function mostly removed the parts of my brain that contain memories. I can still function mostly removed the parts of my brain that contain memories.
>>
>>77999553
Fallout 4 sucks. Whomp has shit taste.
>>
>>77999567
Ronnie is normalfag as fuck. Fallout 4 is like chicken and watermelon to mainline video game enthusiasts.
He would be remiss not to make a comic about it.
>>
>>77999553
So that's why he reused his fallout 3 strip to make his fallout 4 strip.
>>
As a fat fuck with no friends, I enjoyed Fallout 4.

The /co/ meme to hate ronnie is sad can we wind back to like three months ago
>>
>>77999622
Thinking his strip is less funny doesn't mean I hate the guy.
>3 months
Try a year.
>>
>>77999622
As a fat fuck with no friends you should have more time on your hands to find/play better games. Shame on you, faggot.
At least just replay modded fallout TTW. Frontier is coming out soon for fuck sake. It's going to be great.

Fallout 4 is literally only a graphical improvement. The gameplay is a poorly adapted minimum of the basic mod essentials seen in shit like Proj Nev. Proj Nev still has way more meat to it and is a mod for an actual RPG not an FPS with occasional dialogue.
>>
>>77999622
it's broken and missing shit from the last games but it's great and I can't wait till July when we'll have a solid set of mods to make it better
still hate that the Institute never actually tells you why making perfect artificial people and murder/replacing topsiders was a valid plan for humanity's future. Ah well, still less retarded than 3's Enclave
>>
>>77999567
Eh, most of its issues are just interface-related due to console focus.
1, 2 mods and most of that is resolved.
It has some big improvements, though. Like better enemy design and animation or distinct behavior of critters.
Or gunsmithing. Only thing lacking there is an option to dismantle guns / junk and a shared inventory. Plus the aforementioned interface issues.
>>
>>77999592
>Ronnie is normalfag as fuck.
I disagree, normies don't spend as much time playing harvest moon as he does.
>>
>>77999656
>less retarded than killing of the irradiated
Are you for real there f/a/m
>>
>>77999661
Okay sure. You win. What I should have said is Ronnie is entry level as fuck. He's as close to normal fag as you can get while liking games and anime.
>DBZ
>K-on
>FO4
The case writes itself.
>>
>>77999672
their whole shtick is poison the water supply
and we'll do that by following an auto dj that's programmed to be a cartoon president
>>
File: why fallout 3 sucks.png (115KB, 912x670px) Image search: [Google]
why fallout 3 sucks.png
115KB, 912x670px
Fallout was always just nuclear Call of Duty. Always hated the series.

Pic related.
>>
>>77999698
>killing the irradiated at the source
>at the behest of an artificial entity that was pre-war and made by your boys
Seems legit. It's not like the leader properly trusted or followed the AI anyway.

'We'll save humanity by replacing it with something else entirely' is completely retarded. The enclave might have been wacky but at least they had a goal and took logical steps to achieve it.
>>
>>77999622
Fuck off fatty
>>
>>77999567
It's 100% better than Skyrim.
>>
>>77999724
>nuclear call of duty
What's it like having brain damage?
>>
File: 1449459262-page36.jpg (752KB, 900x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1449459262-page36.jpg
752KB, 900x1173px
>>
>>77999592
Yeah, all those weeaboo dating sims are totally catering to the Chad market too I suppose?
>>
>>77999895
>chad
Fuck off frog poster
>>
File: 1447087773762.png (248KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1447087773762.png
248KB, 500x495px
>>77999724
>nuclear Call of Duty.
Haha, wow. It's like you've only ever played the newer Fallout games and have never played 1 or 2 yet still insist on voicing your opinion. But no one is that stupid right.

Right?
>>
>>77999935
>imply anyone plays the iso games
Fallout2 doesn't let me use my perfect murder build from Fo1 right out of the gate. Obviously it is trash.
>>
>>77999873
Wait. Is he Ronnie-forming the character?
>>
>>77999553
This would be completely natural in a Family Guy episode as a gag about Peter wanting to reexperience Star Wars.

Ronnie jumped the shark.
>>
File: Ehhhhh.png (193KB, 387x367px) Image search: [Google]
Ehhhhh.png
193KB, 387x367px
>>77999659
Ehhhhhhh
>>
>>77999895
VNs aren't even games.
>>
>>77999815
a shit game is better than a shit game whood the fucking doo. If you didn't discovered bethesda when you were 12 you'd understand that this brand was always putrid cancer for shit eaters like you.
>>
>>78000127
Just like owls aren't birds.
>>
>>77999682
nothing in that list is "normal". normal is madden and halo. Just because you believe you are better than others abnormal people doesn't make them normies.
>>
>>78000161
Reading is hard, huh?
>>
>>77999682
His favorite anime is Welcome to The NHK, i don't think he's exactly a "normal-fag".
>>
>>77999935
Could be worse. Could be the people who say they've played one and two and then go out ad say FO3 was shit because the Enclave weren't some sort of tragic misunderstood villains "Like they were in Fallout 2"
>>
>>78000161
I said entry level f//am. Completely different concept
>>
>>78000101
It really wouldn't fit when you think about it. The set up would feel unnatural in family guy.
>>
The simplification of the perk system was a mistake. It really kind of killed replayability for me. Challenge Perks could go either way, but they provided a lot of reason to mix things up in a single playthrough. The karma system/choices are utterly worthless this time around. The story is decent enough to not entirely tank despite that, but seriously, there's just nothing there except 'be a great guy' or 'be a sarcastic guy and have to restart the conversation to take the great guy option to keep going'. Loved the game for what it is, but what it is ripped out half of what I like from this kind of game.

Also feel the game could have used at least 3 more weapon types to round it out, and needed something to provide a deeper loot game. Otherwise by the time you hit level 20 you probably don't care about any loot you pick up ever again. And twice as many unique weapons. 1 per category for most weapon types was meh. And most of them are just a named version of the legendary variants.

Speaking of, the DoT's from the legendary variants needed to scale like fuck, because on Hard or Survival they're dicksmith useless.
>>
>>78000215
Nope. They've had dozens of gags with a lazy setup involving Peter or another character simply saying aloud what they desire, what they intend to do to reach their desire, then the rest of the gag plays out.
>>
>>78000207
>NHK
>obscure
It's pretty entry level for feels fags and depressives.
NHK, K-on, DBZ, add in some other shows he legitimately likes and it will likely turn out very entry level. Those three alone are pretty damning (not that it's the worst thing in the world or anything). By the same token NHK isn't normal fag neither is K-on but it's not like you can say that K-on isn't moe fag ground floor, entry level as fuck.
>>
File: i-DwTVMBd-1050x10000[1].jpg (207KB, 1050x526px) Image search: [Google]
i-DwTVMBd-1050x10000[1].jpg
207KB, 1050x526px
>>77999553
Ronnie... I like you, man, but PA did this shit years ago...
>>
>>77999659
>voiced protagonist ruins role playing
>speech options neutered
>still on the same glitchy janky engine a decade later

Come on, dude.
>>
Fallout 4 is a huge step up in terms of side missions from previous games. I was at a toy factory in the game where I discovered a story about the company slowly failing after an elderly company president handed the whole thing over to his son. The son then drove it into the ground and caused the chief toy designer to have to try and save it, neglecting his family in the process. He was fired after a row with the new president and headed home. On the computer I found a voice recording from his daughter.

I recognized his name, and found him at a settlement where he was living, as a ghoul. Turns out he been exposed to a massive dose of radiation which is when the bombs dropped and never made it home. When he came out of the shelter he found his block obliterated. I gave him the tape and he listed to it crying, saying he never expected to hear his daughers voice again. Then gave me a ton of caps and the mechanical toy horse he had brought with him that day, to give to her as a gift for her 7th birthday which he had missed.

That wasn't even a quest, I just figured it out because I had met the guy earlier. I had no reason to go to the office I was at, I was just exploring.
>>
>>78000333
>still on the same glitchy janky engine a decade later

That only makes Fall Out better, it's like the best part.

Seriously? If anything I am sick and tired of silent protagonists.
>>
>>78000340
I agree but /v/ doesn't play video games so they always miss this sort of stuff.
>>
>>78000232
Okay.
>>
>>77999654
>As a fat fuck with no friends you should have more time on your hands to find/play better games.
Being a useless fuck consumes vast amounts of time.
>>
>>78000340
>huge step up in terms of side missions
100% false. Boy howdy would you like to do some missions? Well don't you worry there's shit to shoot! What's that? Roleplay? You bet, you can say yes graciously, be a cunt or ask for more money then go do the same shit regardless.

That is a nice easter eggy type thing and it's hard to shit-talk that attention to detail, for sure. The issue is that the game overall is trash. One good scene doesn't make a movie and what you've cited is more like a frame.

People I know were livid at the lack of any real choice be it ham fisted morality or grey area judgement calls. It's just the same shit.
I won't rail on the story too much nor the ending because we all know that 3D fallout has shit main stories, this isn't new (yeah NV was a bit better but it was still super dull. Better than offensively bad perhaps but still)
>>
>>78000381
>The issue is that the game overall is trash.
That's not what we are talking about though. Keep up.
>>
Mods already made the protagonist silent, fixed the dialogue wheel and disabling the dialogue camera is done in the display options.
The only thing missing is someone re-writing the different response options to look less redundant even if the answer is the same.
>>
>>78000381
>People I know were livid
Maybe those "people" you know need to get a life outside of video games for kids.
>>
>>78000357
It's not a silent protagonist. In previous games they just didn't need voice acting for your character because it severely limits dialogue possibility. That's why in 4 you're basically railroaded to the same decisions and like many have said your only character choice is whether to be sarcastic or not. All players play basically the same character whereas previous games including 3 allowed you to be whatever kind of character you want, with dialogue even being affected by your stats.
>>
>>78000392
Then what? That it's a step up in side missions?

I mean that's all lovely that they rewarded you for lore but you could play connect the dots with heaps of hollo tapes and shit before. There was no pay off sure but it was there. I love that story you mentioned but I can't say that wholly forgives FO4 it's sins.

>>78000401
Believe it or not they do. Somehow people tend to have opinions about the changes taking place in their hobbies though. Funny isn't it?
I suppose that means you're less invested in FO4, given that people who care likely don't have a life outside of games. Which would mean your half assessed casual play and assessment is more credible than anyone who's more interested than you?
I'm sure lots of people love when you chime in eh f//am?
>>
>>78000381
Not to mention every Fallout game has also had hidden stories like that, and fsr more of them.
>>
>>78000430
Exactly.
>>
>>78000423
>f//am?
Do you really think this is the right website for you, redditfriend?
>>
>>78000456
>funposting around filters is reddit
It's nice to have you visit /v/ but here we blame shit on tumblr.
>>
>>78000417
>That's why in 4 you're basically railroaded to the same decisions

You're "basically railroaded" to the same decisions because Bethesda, not because "voice acting".
>>
>>78000471
Holy shit, I realised you were new but didn't think you were THAT new.
Welcome to /co/ kid, enjoy your stay.
>>
>>78000507
Vocals are added for that nu-age cinematic experience. If you've learned anything from book adaptations into films you should know two things. First text is able to produce more content faster and even have it consumed faster. Two text allows for massive swings in interpretation.
If you're going to do voice to it well because otherwise you define what was previously interpretation and you limit what could previously be a multitude.
That isn't an opinion that is fact. People are complaining about it because it happened not because they're wrong and you're right.

>>78000514
>moved on from calling someone off site to
>>
>>78000430
>and far more of them
Eh. As much as I love it, New Vegas was pretty lacking in that department. There were some in the DLCs though.
3 had some but whether or not there were more is up for debate (there probably were).
>>
>>78000542
>site to calling someone new*
>>
shoo shoo /v/ goblins
>>
>>78000340
It's shit like that makes me love FO4. The main plot is something I've just completely ignored because I don't care. It's all the incredibly dense side stuff that you can find just by exploring and reading that has me hooked. FO4 does have a lot of problems, but god damn Bethesda really did nail the exploration and side-quest stuff this time around.
>>
>>78001900
That's sort of the one of the few things they're good at.

I usually say that FO4 is a fun game, it's just not a good Fallout game. I can't hate it, or even dislike it, but I just see so many areas where it feels like they just made their own thing and slapped a Fallout skin on top of it.

So I can still forgive Ronnie for wanting to do this. Hell, there's plenty of games and shows I wish I could do this for.
>>
I want /v/ to leave.
>>
>>78001900
Yeah, people who play it for the main quest are doing it wrong.
>>
>>78000333
Step it the fuck up senpai.
>>
File: Ok, really.jpg (147KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
Ok, really.jpg
147KB, 500x730px
>>78000381
Ok, this has got to be a troll right?
>>
>>77999789
>whomp thread
>>
>>78002629
No, /v/'s gone totally hivemind over FO4, and they've gone full retard.
>>
>>77999553
The joke is that he can still play it with half a brain.
>>
>>77999815
Freaking Minesweeper is 100% better than Skyrim.
>>
>>78002718
Why's that a low bar? Minesweeper is good.
>>
>>78002683
>>78002629
>opinions must be trolling
>if he doesn't like it he's from /v/
>they're a hivemind who don't think
Yeah okay guys. Not from /v/, not trolling either. If you think the oversimplification is good then I'll bet you just loved skyrim too eh?
Bethesda hit a vein of gold with you retards and has since forsaken both it's rpg roots and it's older fans.

I mean fuck, they wouldn't even let Isle make an iso fallout MMO.
They make the same shit over again, over simplify a heap of shit then add in one to three gimmicks to distract you. I mean there's base building and tower defence in Fo4 and no fucking stats. If you're going to defend it, defend it as a game but never pretend to know or care about fallout. I can handle people having shit taste but just don't pretend to know what you're talking about at the same time.
>>
>>78002073
>hey just made their own thing and slapped a Fallout skin on top of it.
That's all the Bethesda Fallouts
>>
>>78002934
>just don't pretend to know what you're talking about

Oh the irony.
>>
>>78002965
>he says adding nothing to the discussion
Fallout 4 tore out all rpg aspects including a lot of mechanical choice in mission, dialouge and actual rpg stats. To offset the lazinest and disguise this conversion to an fps they scalped what they thought was most popular and most relevant from the NV/3 mods then looked for things to change up just enough to have them be meaningless. Such things include power armour, basebulding/Tower defence and wacky gun creation.
Enjoy you're shiny new toy. I wonder what they'll strip down and 'stream-line' next instalment. I'm sure you won't care if it's got some new gimmick from the time they saved not caring about the core mechanics, maybe limited co-op. I'd bet you'd cream for that eh?
>>
>>78003050
>all these /v/ memes
>>
>>77999567
>>77999592
>>77999815
>>78000149
>>78002718
/v/ go home, you're drunk again!
>>
>>78003050
I think most people who like it have already said it's a terrible Fallout game and it's a shitty RPG in general. But, I still like it a lot as a shooter. I'm perfectly willing to admit that that's what Bethesda has made. Still, I think they've made a pretty competent shooter that has a really detailed and interesting world to explore. It's not at all like FO3 which was empty and devoid of all atmosphere. There's a lot to see and that's what I've always wanted in an open-world game - details.
>>
File: 1412862539227.png (605KB, 531x767px) Image search: [Google]
1412862539227.png
605KB, 531x767px
>>78003087
>>78003113
>don't go on /v/
>just an original fallout fan
>listing things that have indisputably happened
You can keep on trying to defend this but anyone who isn't a retard knows I'm right about most of it even if they enjoy the game for what it is.

>>78003121
I can respect it has it's strong points and you can enjoy playing it. That doesn't automatically make it worthy of praise though given the standards previously set by it's predecessors (in terms of rpg and story). It's an okay game in a vacuum. Maybe a Farcry 3.
It's pretty much an insult as a fallout game. Just make a new IP. Masquerading as fallout is offensive.
Worse there's already an influx of people I know thinking they're fallout fans all of a sudden after playing this dinghy fps. Thank fuck the majority either don't care about video games or have good enough taste to see it how it is.
>>
File: ronnie_e.jpg (127KB, 881x269px) Image search: [Google]
ronnie_e.jpg
127KB, 881x269px
>>
>>78003220
You've made it perfectly clear you've never actually played the game and just read about it on /v/. The hivemind memes are a dead giveaway.

Stick with the cawwadooty, kid. And for fuck's sake, get off /co/.
>>
>>78003291
>Stick with the cawwadooty, kid
>implying the bloke defending an fps isn't the call of duty player
Sorry m8 I much rather rpgs. Also who's really from /v/ here with you spouting shit like that. I know you'll never believe me but it's vindicating to know that despite never posting on /v/ there are people who you desperately try to hate that agree with me in numbers over there too.
I mean really. Defending the fps fallout then calling other people for playing Cod. You're something else.
>>
I find 4 feels a lot more sterile and bland than the other games. Yes 3 was an awful mess but at least it felt like there was a little life and feeling in it.
>>
>>78000225
The fire and bleed are useless on pretty much all difficulties. Explosive damage on-hit though? that shit is way, waaayyy op. It scales with both the skill of the weapon it is attached to AND demolitions expert. I got an explosive minigun to a staggering 80 damage per hit.
>>
>>78003242
this is a good thing you've done here.
we appreciate it
>>
>>77999567
I learned this when he was obsessed over Hotline Miami. I bought it just because he was gushing over it. Waste of $2.50 right there.
>>
File: Vargo_Hoat[1].jpg (30KB, 300x462px) Image search: [Google]
Vargo_Hoat[1].jpg
30KB, 300x462px
>>78000327
>Thpoilerth
>>
>>78000015
That character has always been Ronnie.
>>
>>77999593
Deepest lore.
>>
File: falout origins.jpg (50KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
falout origins.jpg
50KB, 600x337px
>>77999654
Fallout 1 mod for New Vegas is looking pretty good too.
>>
>>78007012
I'd be interested to see that, but I really doubt they can duplicate the feel of that game in a 3D environment.
>>
>>78000417
>including 3
3 you either helped the brotherhood or helped the enclave, in 4 you can help the brotherhood, the railroad, the minutemen or the institute, thats twice as many choices!

New Vegas lets you choose which factions you want to side with, and you can pretty much murder the entire desert if you choose to.
>>
File: yes_man.jpg (20KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
yes_man.jpg
20KB, 380x380px
>>78007605
Wildcard ending is only ending. Especially if you've managed to play every single side against each other and convinced them all that you're on their side before betraying them all in the Battle of the Dam.

And then Yes Man fucks you.
>>
>>78007079
They're not making a huge overworld that's an approximation of the Fallout 1 world map if that's what you're expecting. There's going to be a classic grid based map you have to navigate before entering zones.
>>
>>78007851
>They're not making a huge overworld that's an approximation of the Fallout 1 world map if that's what you're expecting
I wasn't, I know that's impossible. But I am glad to hear they'll be doing the grid. That could work for navigation.

Moreso, I'm just thinking about how you translate the old FO1 gameplay to the 3D engines. Let's face, there was a lot less emphasis on combat in those games, and lot more of it was melee due to ammunition being so expensive and damn hard to find.
>>
File: excited for civil war.png (248KB, 881x269px) Image search: [Google]
excited for civil war.png
248KB, 881x269px
>>78003242
>>
File: fuck you.gif (111KB, 645x403px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.gif
111KB, 645x403px
>>78003291
>anon give clear concise facts
>LOL GO BACK TO /v/
>>
>>78007800
>Wildcard ending is only ending

Literally dooming the Mojave if you do. House is the only real choice.
>>
>>78007800
>Im going to go underground and reprogram myself to not take orders from you fleshbags.

>Ill go into a totally secret place you wont be able to find.

>Ill also be gone long enough for you to either die of old age, or be so frail that you wont stop me

Good luck trying to take over the world with 12 Securitrons, and no nuclear Arsenal in the divide faggot, I made sure to destroy and fire off every nuke that was still there.
>>
>>78008244
everything House can do, you can do better
>>
>>78008373
The problem is yes-man will come back when you are dead or dying and shit all over anything you did.
>>
>>77999873
Why is Ronnie-sensei so non-round? Does he have cancer?
>>
>>78008265
>>78008244
I just mean that the final battle plays out amazingly from the Wildcard perspective. Final twist fucking ruined it.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.