[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"One day, I was in Westminster in London—this was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: alanmoore.jpg (85KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
alanmoore.jpg
85KB, 620x372px
>"One day, I was in Westminster in London—this was after we had introduced the character—and I was sitting in a sandwich bar. All of a sudden, up the stairs came John Constantine. He was wearing the trenchcoat, a short cut—he looked—no, he didn't even look exactly like Sting. He looked exactly like John Constantine. He looked at me, stared me straight in the eyes, smiled, nodded almost conspiratorially, and then just walked off around the corner to the other part of the snack bar. I sat there and thought, should I go around that corner and see if he is really there, or should I just eat my sandwich and leave? I opted for the latter; I thought it was the safest. I'm not making any claims to anything. I'm just saying that it happened. Strange little story."

The fuck
>>
What about the time he walked up and spoke in his ear?
>>
>>77996394
It's just bullshit he makes up to reinforce his brand image of being a weirdo,
>>
>>77996415
He told Moore the true secret of magic.
Any cunt can do it.
>>
The simplest explanation for why so many people claim to have met John Constantine is that he's a pretty normal-looking dude
>>
I saw Grant Morrison at a grocery store in Los Angeles a couple weeks ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Grant trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any Multiversal infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>77996508
I know you made that up, but that's more or less exactly how someone on heroin acts when he needs to go to the store to get something.
>>
>>77996545

I'm not sure if you're turbo-new or a very subtle troll.
>>
I thought this was going to end up sexual and it didn't. Unsure if I'm disappointed or relieved.
>>
>>77996545
pls b b8
>>77996394
Never thought about it till now, but couldn't that have just been some random (very early) cosplayer? If he'd already been introduced maybe someone just really took to the character, tracked down Moore, and did it for shits and giggles.
>>
>>77996508
it is my dream to meet Grant and slowly sidle up, nonchalant like and tell him that invisibles was shite
>>
>>77996614
>very early
In terms of the character, yeah

But Cosplay has been around since the fucking 40s.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZpPHffldws
>>
>>77996614
are you a fucking idiot
>>
>>77996614
Or just somebody who looks like Constantine, you know a look-alike.
>>
>>77996394
HYPERCRISIS
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr9v1do_Gjs
>>
I remember running into a girl in a comic shop strangely similar to how I imagined a character I had thought of for a comic idea I've had for a while.

Of course I probrably just had pictured an accurate portrayl of modern geek girls. Plus she was more into US comics and the character I thought of was more weeaboo. Also loosely based on some girls I have known irl and online.
>>
>>77996502
Moore might have seen that guy around and subconsiously based John on him. Or just guys around that look like that.
>>
>>77996508
I don't even know why I find this so funny
>>
Moore isn't the only one who claim to have seen Constantine. Other artists and writers that worked on him also says they saw him.

I think it's just an inside joke in the industry they tell each other for shits and giggles.
>>
>>77996435
It's sad because it's exactly what it is, marketing.
>>
Find the story about him and that clown that was wandering around all creepy a few years ago
>>
>>77996508
This pasta is stale.
>>
>>77996435
>saw guy who looks like his character
>UGH WHAT A WEIRDO
What an awful board this is
>>
>>78003628
What are you talking about? That literally is Moore's image. Weirdo. He sells it well.
>>
File: 1443366913791.jpg (27KB, 640x454px) Image search: [Google]
1443366913791.jpg
27KB, 640x454px
>>77999928
>I remember running into a girl in a comic shop strangely similar to how I imagined a character I had thought of for a comic idea I've had for a while.
So, nothing worth posting about happened.

Jesus Christ, the things namefags and tripfags go through to get the tiny scrap of fucking attention. That was two long lines of NOTHING. You first assert that running into a girl as if it were something amazing, even though it hinges on some ephemeral reference that only you yourself get. Great comic idea btw, glad we're all in on it. THEN, you fucking try to play it off by bluntly stating that you encounter girls all the time. You know who else does? EVERY-FUCKING-BODY, because women aren't rare mythical creatures! They slightly over half the population. "I ran into a very specific kind of girl, I won't share the specifics, but I meet girls all the time."

F U C K O F F
U
C
K
O
F
F

This is some grade-A, top shelf shitposting right here, meaningfully attributed to Xenos the namefag for posterity. What a valuable member of the fucking community! Hidden, reported, ignored, filtered for future tomfoolery, emailed Nishimura, tweeted moot, called the cops, reported to the FBI, deleeted system32 folder, magnetized harddrive, unplugged computer, threw it out the window, & wrote my congresswoman

Fuck this horseshit. Fuck Alan Moore. Fuck you.
>>
File: 12894738362780.png (4KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
12894738362780.png
4KB, 450x450px
>>77996508
>Multiversal Infetterence
>>
>>78003628

It's weird that he claims with certainty that it was John, not that he saw him.
>>
>>77999928

Where does the name Xenos come from?
>>
>>78003864

He posted how he had something similar happen to him, but it wasn't actually the character, because that doesn't happen in real life. Implying Moore is a fool. It was a Hell of a lot more relevant than your speech about how evil people who don't do the same things as you are.
>>
>>78004471
Fuck you Xenos, dropping the name from your post doesn't hide your shitty posting. You didn't say shit about Moore or imply a damn thing, other than how awkward you are around females.

At least take away something from this exchange; that if you had posted without a name in the first place, you might not have submitted a message not so profoundly stupid as these two.
>>
>>78004540

And now you are making yourself believe that I'm him because the very idea that someone without a name could think you're a blithering retard is offensive to you.
>>
>>78003583
This pasta or any iteration of it will NEVER get stale. Fuck are you on about, mate? It's the greatest pasta known to man.
>>
>>77996574

Its better this way.
>>
>>77996394
i read this years ago, and i will quote something an anon said:
"Alan Moore spent his days so fucking high that he could be staring at a lamplight for a whole night, and the next day he will write about how he was talking to a faerie for hours."
>>
>>77996394
The U.K. has sandwich bars.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.