[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Favorite character of the creator of the show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: cs.jpg (6KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
cs.jpg
6KB, 204x247px
Most of the times they are secondary or lower characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 215x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 215x337px
Judging by the commentary, I'd imagine Jason F. Is one of Pat's favorite characters at least.
>>
File: one blow after the other.jpg (29KB, 600x298px) Image search: [Google]
one blow after the other.jpg
29KB, 600x298px
>See interesting OP
>See thread with potential to be interesting
>Have nothing to contribute myself, but eagerly await more content
>40 minutes later and one response
>Janitors will surely come any minute now
>>
>>77989201
Post some stuff yourself?
>>
>>77988753
Is there any character in fiction who can defeat this guy?
>>
File: 87587ftgk.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
87587ftgk.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
>>77988077
Sometimes a secondary, side or, lower characters are better left as they are otherwise if they get too popular with the fans, they'd just be whored out by the creators to the point of not liking them anymore and you start to dred every new episode or thing starring them. This happens way too much for me.
>>
>>77991165
Marceline jumps to mind
>>
>>77991165
>>77991315
I just had the same thing in my mind. Interestingly, the creators already planned Marceline a recurring main cast since her debut, but a 8 episodes mini-series on her while pushing Finn and Jake aside is way too much.
>>
File: Real_Penny.png (131KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
Real_Penny.png
131KB, 550x700px
Actually, I am start to worry the secondary character may take away all the spotlight......Seriously, ever since she breaks her shell, pretty much most of fans watch the show just for the romance.
>>
>>77991315
>>77991610
Muscle Man is another good example. I liked Muscle Man when he was just "that fat guy" that did his own thing but then he got to way too popular and now the creator has to bend out of his way to give these 2 their whole life story. Get ready for "Starla is pregnant" episode. I didn't even mind Starla when she first appeard either, hell she was fucking golden that episode. Now I just can't stomach either of them.
>>
>>77992678
Agree, I want to mention CJ as well, but that will be pour salt on wound at least point. Another noticeable example is flame princess from adventure time.
>>
>>77992678
The gems in steven universe also have the tendency to take away spotlight.
>>
>>77991165
It happened to Mad Stan.
>>
I'm not sure who Pen Ward's is, I remember him saying Marceline because she was mysterious somewhere but I also think he said Ice King is his favorite because he relates to him, and I found an interview where he said BMO is his favorite.

So it's one of those I guess.
>>
>>77994775
I think he stated Marceline is his favorite because she is very mysterious, also, Pen is the creator of the adventure time, but no longer the one in charge of everything.

I think flame princess is a better example of a new character taking the spotlight mainly she appears later in development.
>>
Should've included favorite comic book characters for writers on the original post.
>>
>>77994775
Pen's idea for Marceline was so different from who she ended up being. She was basically a "sexy bad girl" with no real depth to her beyond getting Finn in trouble and being a romantic rival to PB.
>>
File: CarrieSeason2.png (34KB, 174x205px) Image search: [Google]
CarrieSeason2.png
34KB, 174x205px
>>77994934
For some reason, his idea kind of reminding another character in gumball.
>>
>>77995054
I don't... I don't think she's supposed to be sexy.
>>
>>77995119
I think it is more about their popularity among fanbase and writers similar to those of Marceline. The bigger difference is that Marceline IS in the main cast, but that ghost is still a supporting character, albeit a popular one.
>>
File: meme-really.jpg (43KB, 560x551px) Image search: [Google]
meme-really.jpg
43KB, 560x551px
>>77992678
Wait, WHAT, Starla is pregnant? When?
>>
>>77996940
It's a "What if" situation.

It'll totally happen someday though.
>>
>>77988077
>>77988077
Creepy Susie was a book first.
>>
>>77990141
No, Funderberker in a curbstomp.
>>
>>77997598
I am not sure is this will be a good thing. At least rate, we are going to have a muscle man spinoff, since he is the most recurring characters after Mordo and Rigby.
>>
>>77988077
But, maybe that is author's intention at time. They don't want to see their favorite characters receive rants and hate. Well, it depends, really.
>>
Ed, Edd n Eddy's creator, Danny A., likes Rolf and Ed the most.
>>
Who do you think is the favorite in Gravity Falls? I'm betting on Soos, actually, although I think the creators also are in love with Mabel.

Bryke clearly just have made an Azula spin-off.
>>
File: Lisa_Simpson.png (120KB, 617x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa_Simpson.png
120KB, 617x1000px
big fucking surprise there
>>
>>77998388
Alex has said in interviews a couple of times that his favorite character is Bill. You couldn't tell?
>>
>>77994934
I thought Pen said Marceline and PB used to date.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (9KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
9KB, 320x180px
>>77992678
>Get ready for "Starla is pregnant" episode
Seriously, Regular Show needs to be cancelled soon.
>>
>>77992481
Ben himself said Sussie was his favorite character.
>>
>>78002325
Ben said this might because his gf played as Sussie, or an one time joke. I think he still has his "favorites", but we are sure he does has his least favorite character.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.