[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this episode piss anyone else off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

File: On-a-bike.jpg (108KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
On-a-bike.jpg
108KB, 400x300px
Did this episode piss anyone else off?
>>
Name one episode of King of the Hill that didn't piss you off in some way
>>
Ho Yeah! where they take in a prostitute and Hank has to play act like a pimp. Unless you were upset they were dumb enough to not to realize who she was.

But yeah, there were several episodes where Hank's traditional values and Peggy's egotistical stupidity just sort of overcame without a real lesson.
>>
>>77987679

What pissed you off about it?
>>
>>77989960
Not him but
>Bobby found a job that is awesome: poop scoop
>Bobby's mentor is rolling in cash because nobody else does it
>Hank Hill does not want Bobby picking up crap for cash
>>
>>77989037
You're just saying that because that episode aired tonight anon. Don't act slick

Episodes where Peggie think she's in the right but is clearly in the wrong piss me off.
>>
Yes, Bobby found work that he loved and payed well and Hank (a fucking propane salesman of all people) screws it up for him just because "ew poo is nasty xDDD"
>>
>>77989037
>that episode where they kill a harmless domesticated snake just because of irrational fear and then play it off like it was the right thing to do
still makes me mad
>>
>>77993863
You forgot the worst part

>Hank convinces Bobby's employer that he shouldn't want this lifestyle
>Bobby's employer pretends to have shit consequences for picking up shit
>Bobby fears for this false future and drops this sweet-ass gig for good
>>
>>77989960
What got me was more it forgot that Bobby is supposed to be ridiculously charismatic a lot of the time though this isn't the first time Bobby just became a loser because of plot reasons.
What really got me was the guy getting the shit kicked out of him by the guys he hired
>>77987792
Yeah King of the Hill is a good show but bad for my blood pressure. They're really good at making plots that make me pissy.
>>
>>77993863

Okay, that's what I thought.

But I was literally thinking about this episode a while back because I saw it again recently (they play it a lot on AS).

Hank actually had a point. The whole idea of doing what others don't want to do works when others WANT YOU as a person. Society likes to push people they don't like, for shallow reasons, into jobs they don't like either. It works in reverse for better looking people and this is a documented fact.

I think Hank was trying to protect Bobby from being pushed into humiliating work his whole life. Because that's how people will treat Bobby, they only respect the other guy because he does the job while being good looking and charismatic.
>>
>>77993863
That guy can get away with cleaning up people's shit for a living because he's a buff, good-looking, extremely charismatic person.

Bobby would have just been the weird fat kid who picks up shit.
>>
>>77994050
What do you mean "get away with"? I don't know where you live but I've never seen anyone give someone a hard time just for doing their job.
>>
File: sailor moon talent.gif (953KB, 279x216px) Image search: [Google]
sailor moon talent.gif
953KB, 279x216px
>>77993969
>Society likes to push people they don't like, for shallow reasons, into jobs they don't like either. It works in reverse for better looking people and this is a documented fact.

It's true that good looks are always a perk, but genetics play a role as well. Successful men marry beautiful women, and thus have children who are both talented and good looking.
>>
>>77994221
There's the alpha male who does a dirty or degrading job but still comes off as a cool guy in spite of it because he's that much of a badass.

And then there's the 30 year old, fat, prematurely-balding, social reject who pulls his sweatpants up around his tits and screams "VAT ARE YOU TALKINK ABOUT!" while he wetvacs up a giant sloppy puddle of dog diarrhea in the country club parking lot.
>>
>>77993863
Bobby wasn't doing the pet pooper scooping thing. He was doing the clean your puke messes.

Hank didn't want Bobby spending his life cleaning other people's puke (and in RL, nasty crime scenes).

Since it has been established that Bobby is a bit slow/special, and that his comedy sucks, it was stupid of Hank to try to ruin what Bobby came up with that was working for him. But that's how it goes. Hank probably expects Bobby to be a propane salesman like himself in the future.
>>
>>77993950
To be fair, those frat boys were looking down on him
>>
The episode where Hank tries to get Bobby to stop hanging around with those Extreme Bible Studies kids. Those were legit non-weirdo kids he was hanging out with, who didn't do drugs or even curse, and yet because they didn't fit into his fundamental values they were obviously not right.

It pisses me off even more because in the episode where Bobby is proclaimed the next Buddha or some shit, Hank doesn't even know which sect of Christianity he belongs to. This is a man who goes to Church every Sunday not because he has faith, but because that's what he saw other people do.
>>
>>77993863
hank taught him the opposite of what it means to be a working man, he taught bobby that he is above dirty jobs
>>
>>77994780
Now hold on, Bobby was legit cool and badass a few times. If he stayed cool as an adult he would've surpassed the original poop scooper easily, and would probably make enough money to found his own comedy club in Arlen.
>>
>>77995537
Making the money would also let him buy the means to become more alpha and good looking. He could afford personal trainers and private gyms and shit.
>>
>>77995584
Bobby didn't strike me as someone who'd care about that.
Though he changes at the drop of a hat.
>>
File: 1449369989416.png (494KB, 336x330px) Image search: [Google]
1449369989416.png
494KB, 336x330px
>The episode where John Redcorn stole a girl Bill really liked
>The episode whrere Bill's faggot cousin won't let him sell barbecue sauce
>The episode where Peggy keeps Lucky from getting his GED
>>
>>77994610

For you and the rest of the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTwSSTWfwuM

It's called "halo effect" watch this and think of how it applies to this episode.
>>
File: thefuckdidyousay.jpg (32KB, 313x240px) Image search: [Google]
thefuckdidyousay.jpg
32KB, 313x240px
>>77995817
>Redcorn stole a girl Bill really liked
>Dale put him up to it
>Bill had to spin it to still defend Dale's feelings
>>
>>77995233
That was kinda the point though, Hank isn't always right, a lot of the time he's just emulating what he thinks a good person would do. Remember the pastor in that episode told Hank that it was awesome that bobby could be the next Llama, and that Buddhism and Christianity dont have to be mutually exclusive and that just passed him off.
>>77995537
Bobby was never going to be fit and conventionally good looking, being the fat funny guy only gets you so far, and Bobby's comedy was never going to get him famous, so being the funny guy that cleans up puke is not a good life choice.
>>
>>77995859
>>77995817
>caring about Bill's feelings
Bill is trash. See the flood episode and/or any episode where Bill isn't pathetic.
>>
File: 600x600[1].jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
600x600[1].jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>77995869
>Bobby was never going to be fit and conventionally good looking
I don't know if that's the case Anon. He looks just like Cotton, who didn't look bad when he was younger.
>>
>The episode where Bobby accidentally goes to a woman's self-defense class because Hank forces him to learn to defend himself
>starts kicking every dude in the nuts
>Bobby goes mad with power
>is humiliated by his Peggy
>nobody learns anything but Hank has a giant shit-eating grin on his face as if something was gained from all of this.

I swear if that episode wasn't as hilarious as it is it would be among the ones I like the least.
>>
>>77993904
>Episodes where Peggie think she's in the right but is clearly in the wrong piss me off.
So every episode, then.
>>
>>77995899
This was one of the few times Bill wasn't self sabotaging. Granted he never really got the shot because Dale and John fucked that up for him.
>>77995936
But Bobby had an enabling mother and a distant father, it's doubtful he'd get fit.
Cotton was super fit
>>
>>77995817
>The episode where Peggy keeps Lucky from getting his GED
This was one of those episodes that permanently made me hate Peggy. I think the other one is the one where she kidnaps a little Mexican girl because she can't speak Spanish for shit despite being paid to teach it.

The only episode I felt bad for Peggy in was that one where the famous singer stole her song.
>>
>>77995936
Cotton was fit and a military man, Bobby is just a big ol butter ball with no discipline. He's a pile of mud, you can't build him up but you can't break him down.
>>
>>77995817
those three as well as several other episodes I have to consider non-canon in order to continue enjoying the show

>>77995956
yeah that episode would be one of the worst if it didn't have so many hilarious bits to it
>>
>>77995956
That characterizes most of the late KOTH episodes.

Every character except Hank is a cunt
Hank suffers
At the end, he's forced to eat Humble Pie
>>
>>77995899
>>77995984
Bill's only issue is that he has long-term untreated depression and is surrounded by friends who at best inconsistently help him and at worst actively degrade him.

>>77995869
There is a lot of evidence you could use to point out that Hank actually has zero idea how to function as a person and only manages to get by through mimicking others.
>>
>>77996105
Randy Travis. I thought that episode was hilarious because it made him look like such an asshole but he was the one voice acting.
>>
>>77995855
Nobody's denying the perks of being attractive. The point is that these preconceived notions are all too often reinforced, through objective metrics such as high grades or excelling in sports. We're wired to be biased towards the good looking, because the good looking attract the best genes.
>>
File: Espanole.jpg (11KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
Espanole.jpg
11KB, 259x195px
>>77996105
>The only episode I felt bad for Peggy in was that one where the famous singer stole her song.
But that's just everything terrible about Peggy Hill coming back to bite her. She's absolutely the kind of person who would think that someone that wrote an original song stole her idea because one day she thought to herself "How come there's no songs about Boggle?"

If her ego didn't force her to take credit for mundane and mediocre things all the time, someone might have believed her.
>>
>>77996314
Honestly there are times where it wouldn't be to far of a stretch to find out Hank was a serial killer.
>>
>>77996603
How do you think?
>>
>>77995163
>those frat boys were looking down on him
So what? If you let others and their opinions dictate your own life then you don't really have a life now do you. It's always good to listen to your friends, family and people that actually care for you, but listening to people that don't even know your name or who you are is dumb.

>>77995383
>he taught bobby that he is above dirty jobs
Hank is a hypocrite.
>>
>>77996372
>>77995855
It ain't all fun and games, there're the jealous types who ostracize good looking people because they are good looking. There are also homophobes who turn their attraction to hate because they aren't comfortable with how you make them feel, which is attracted to you.
>>
>>77996401
I really wish I could've been at the creative table when Mike Judge decided to create the Peggy character.

I want to know how me managed to make one fictional woman so woefully insufferable in almost every single way. Peggy is the type of bitch you love to hate, and you can almost never bring yourself to feel bad about her.
>>
>>77996782
How dare you insult my Dadfu.
>>
It is The Year of Our Lord 2015 and people still don't understand that Peggy is an antagonist.

You ain't supposed to like her motherfuckers, she's the bad guy.
>>
>>77996813
How? I don't think you know what that means. Disliking a person doesn't make them an antagonist, being a villain doesn't even make you an antagonist.
>>
>>77996868
Creating problems that the protagonist has to clean up every time a plotline is centered around you makes you an antagonist.
>>
File: 1447982574029.jpg (422KB, 630x865px) Image search: [Google]
1447982574029.jpg
422KB, 630x865px
>>77996935
Even in episodes where I supposed to feel sorry for her she's the idiot
>the episode she stole a kid from Mexico
>too stubborn to understand her Spanish is horrendous
should've been put in jail
>>
File: 1447486305622.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1447486305622.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
You guys ever think that Connie and Bobby got back together?
And whatever happen to Khan's mom who had a thing with Bill? Why did she just disappear all of a sudden?
>>
The episode where Cotton died pissed me off because it shat on Cotton's character development and his family was completely forgotten for no reason. It was like the person who wrote had barely any idea who he was.
>>
>>77997143
Maybe
Died
^
>>
File: 1440991475091.png (202KB, 357x228px) Image search: [Google]
1440991475091.png
202KB, 357x228px
I just watched the thanksgiving episode where Hank and Bobby were actually bonding over a hobby that Bobby likes doing and Hank's okay with and then Peggy got jealous and broke it up. I've never seen that episode before and it really pissed me off.
>>
>>77997862
Peggy will throw Bobby under the bus if he bonds with Hank. Actually, she'll throw Bobby under the bus for anything.

>Hank finally allows Bobby to come to Jack's for a haircut, Peggy gets pissy and ridicules Bobby.
>Hank destroys Peggy's gnome, Peggy blames Bobby even though Hank said he did it.
>Peggy coddles Bobby and then gets on Hank's case for not bonding with Bobby
>>
>>77997972
Remember the thanksgiving episode where Bobby was a better "wife" than she was?
>>
>>77998041
Yup. Remember Bobby's flag essay?
>>
>>77993863
>>77993950
>>77993969
>>77995105
>>77995383
hank just didn't want bobby being made fun of for doing a greasy job

he knew bobby could excel at any other job and make a ton of money, he didn't need to work an embarrassing job because unlike the handsome poop scooping guy, bobby would be made fun of and was too young to understand this
>>
>>77996211
it's heavily hinted that he'd grow out of it when he hits puberty/gets his growth spurt
>>
>>77994050
>>77995383
Those are good points and would certainly define a good father, but I don't think they fit the Hank paternal figure.

What did the Cotton said about Bobby's job? If Hank had picked up a job as shitscooper as a kid, Cotton would have made fun of him and be utterly dissapointed (while not doing anything about it).
>>
File: Carlos jerks his head.jpg (45KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos jerks his head.jpg
45KB, 500x367px
No, but it was pretty shitty
>>
>>77995584
Though one legit problem with the poop-scooping job , albeit one that Hank wasn't even thinking about, is that it only makes a lot of money because it's a luxury vanity service for rich people, which are inherently volatile lines of work that are only really successful when there are a lot of rich people around who want and can afford the service. This episode was made pre-GFC, do you really think that job would be nearly as lucrative now?
>>
>>77996793
Peggy isn't even all that bad the first 2-3 seasons, and it's only around season 5 or 6 that she gets really insufferable

>>77997143
I like to think they either got back together off-screen sometime right before the last episode, or right after, really breaking them up was one of the worst mistakes the show ever made, especially since it led to Connie basically vanishing from the show for most of the last 4-5 seasons

>>77997153
yeah it was pretty damn dumb, luckily it's pretty easy to ignore since it only really gets brought up in one or two other episodes

>>77998420
yeah I figure that'd be the case as well(really they should have had Bobby be the one to experience puberty instead of Joseph, especially since Joseph became an idiot afterwards and most of his plots became really dumb)
>>
>>77987792
I think that's kind of the point. In the episode in which it snows and Hank quits Strickland he gets a bunch of calls like "my hands are frozen to my walker" (real problem to some level) and "I have to wear a sweater" (fake problem)

A lot of the shit in KOTH are fake problems but that's why it's funny
>>
>>77993918

How is propane as bad as feces?
>>
File: 1395365997774.gif (566KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1395365997774.gif
566KB, 300x300px
>>77993969
>Because that's how people will treat Bobby, they only respect the other guy because he does the job while being good looking and charismatic.

>implying Bobby isn't going to grow up to be good looking and charismatic as fuck
>>
>>77995962

She was perfectly right when Hank was forcing Luanne to get a new boyfriend so she would fuck off from his den.
>>
>>77995537
>his own comedy club in Arlen
How delusional.
>>
>>77997143

I think so, they just worked. Connie had a strict upbringing, which made her able to assert herself when necessary, but still supportive. She'd be able to keep Bobby's shit in line and would have likely steered him to more ambitious avenues as their relationship grew and they developed independence from their families.

As for Kahn's mom.... The ocean called her back
>>
>>77996813
I think the word you're looking for is Foil.
>>
>>77998562
It's a sitcom town; at least one of every type of business is welcome, as stipulated by The Code of Suspension of Disbelief.
>>
>>77996211
You can break Bobby, he's just a smart little fucker and he has the willpower of his mother when he wants it.
>>
>>77998652

Hard to say if that's really true. He's never been completely pushed to the breaking point. Closest thing was maybe when he let Bill's despair infect him, but that was more of his naivety getting the better of him and "bonding" with Bill in a shared remorse over their lost loves
>>
>>77998562
I thought Arlen was near the DFW?
>>
>>77998678
He's a kid though.

He's smart, stubborn, and takes initiative when he can see what he wants.
>>
>>77998711

Maybe, but he's proven he's far more adaptable than his own father. Likely because as strict as Hank is, he's not nearly as ballbusting as Cotton was. And though Peggy is nowhere near as competent as Hank's mom, she supported him well enough that their combined efforts have made him someone who can't be crushed by the methods that normally broke their own wills. Granted, had he not seen Cotton's counter in the bunker hold, Bobby might have broke
>>
>>77998684
It's in the greater metroplex but it can't be that close, since Hank and Peggy treat going to Dallas as an overnight trip.
>>
It's a very pre-economic collapse episode.
Realistically what would have come out of it is Bobby makes a good living out of humiliating work, then grows his business and has other dumb kids do it for him.
>>
>>77994780
That's retarded. If you've actually done work in trades you'd know no one actually gives a shit about what job you do as long as you bring home the dosh. 30 year old, fat, balding tradies are what keep country rugby clubs alive because they're the props.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.