[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Namor's rights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Namor.gif (139KB, 454x675px) Image search: [Google]
Namor.gif
139KB, 454x675px
I know that Namor's movie rights are in some weird legal limbo with Universal, but what about his videogame and TV rights? Lets look at the facts:
>Hasn't shown up in a videogame since 2006, as an NPC in Marvel Ultimate Alliance
>Marvel Heroes MMO has over 100 characters, he isn't there
>Marvel Puzzle Quest has over 100 characters, he isn't there
>Lego Marvel had over 100 playable characters, he wans't there. A TT developer said there was one character they wanted to put but legally couldn't, it was probably Namor.
>Marvel Avengers Alliance has over 100 playable characters and over 100 NPCs, he isn't there. He wasn't in the Phoenix Five, and all references to Namor made early in the game have been suspiciously removed. Tom Brevoort once implied there was a legal issue on his formspring.

>Namor hasn't been in a cartoon since 2006 (same year as his last videogame apearance, coincidence?), in a Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes
>Avengers Assemble heavily features Attuma and Atlantis, but Namor is never seen or mentioned

Something is clearly up
>>
>>77980164
>what about his videogame and TV rights?

So fucking what if he doesn't appear in a shitty cartoon or game? Good on him I say.
>>
>>77980164
I see that /co/ recently cares more about Namor.
interesting.
>>
Who is so desperately clutching onto the rights for Namor?
>>
>>77980879
He's about to die, so people are mourning him
>>
>>77980879
Namor is cool
Almost as cool as Aquaman (and significantly sexier)
>>
>>77981025

Universal I guess, but I guess is that neither them or Marvel has plans for him.
>>
>>77981043
Do you mean in the upcoming Squadron Supreme?
>>
>>77981025
Good question.
The X-Men and Spider-Man videogame and cartoon rights aren't at Fox or at Sony, so it seems weird that Universal woul have those rights.
I recall that years ago there were some videogame rights issues with the Hulk, but they were fixed

>>77981273
Yes
>>
>>77980164
2006 was also the year Universal anounced it was gonna make a Namor movie, so I guess they either bought the rights or renegotiated them around that time
>>
>>77980164
The Universal rights package includes video game and TV. Universal also had Hulk's video game rights until they were bought back.
>>
Are they gonna make him an Inhuman?
>>
>>77981585
>I recall that years ago there were some videogame rights issues with the Hulk, but they were fixed
Universal's rights packages were different from the ones other publishers had bought. They had the Hulk rights and the Namor rights in both live-action and video game. They cut a deal with Universal to get the Hulk rights back, but not the Namor rights.

Although technically, Universal still partially owns the Hulk rights, which is why Marvel can't make any Hulk solo movies, since any Hulk solo movie has to be distributed by Universal which Disney won't allow.
>>
>>77982434
Fucking Christ, I really should add "inhuman" to my filters. You retards are fucking insufferable.
>>
>>77981585
Actually, Sony did used to have the cartoon rights to Spider-Man. They gave them up in exchange of some kind of extension deal for the movies or something, which lead to Spectacular Spider-Man being canceled
>>
>>77982468
Are you an Inhuman?
>>
>>77980879
Who doesn't love Namor?
>>
File: Spidey306s.gif (729KB, 1440x998px) Image search: [Google]
Spidey306s.gif
729KB, 1440x998px
>>77983532
MJ
>>
File: Justice is served.jpg (116KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
Justice is served.jpg
116KB, 600x507px
>>77983532
Many people. There's a reason he's about to die
>>
>>77980164
Is there any other prominent character that's been absent from those Marvel videogames?
>>
File: 1310497838505.jpg (90KB, 535x798px) Image search: [Google]
1310497838505.jpg
90KB, 535x798px
>>77983344
>>
I've made peace with it. Specifically because the more they announce about the Aquaman movie, the more it looks like the perfect Namor adaptation.
>>
Why would anyone give a shit about namor
>>
File: Namor and Aquaman.jpg (2MB, 1677x2442px) Image search: [Google]
Namor and Aquaman.jpg
2MB, 1677x2442px
>>77985663
yeah
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.