[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure if this has been talked about or pointed out,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

I'm not sure if this has been talked about or pointed out, but I just noticed this today.

>Broadcast across the universe, the Omega Men reveal a beaten and restrained Kyle Rayner. They make their intentions clear as they kill the former White Lantern. Now the universe is on watch and the hunt for the Omega Men begins. The line between good and evil is blurred in this part of the galaxy, and you do not know who to trust. Please Omega. Collects OMEGA MEN #1-12.

>Omega Men #1-12.
>The Complete Series

welp. Not surprised but still. Kind of bummed its only getting a paperback release though.
>>
>>77977562
Anon, it was originally cancelled at 7 and the only reason its going to 12 is because of the fan outcry.

There's no way in hell it was ever going to go beyond 12 when it didn't even have the sales to get past 7.

I just hope it includes the preview pages they put out since that gives pretty important context for the first issue.
>>
People heard 12 issues, didn't buy issues because trades and later everyone wonders why was book cancelled.
>>
>>77977562
>Kind of bummed its only getting a paperback release though.
Well, Dial H did get a deluxe HC a while after the two trades were out... I mean I wouldn't hold my breath or anything but you never know
>>
>>77977688

Dial H also had the kind of unanimous critical praise that Omega Men has been earning, and those two trades also did well in sales, so I'd say if Omega Men's trade does something similar, we'll be likely to see the same thing.
>>
>DC kills off another modern character with a decent amount of character development.
*yawn*. He'll be brought back to life in the next crisis.
>>
>>77978136
Please tell me you're just mimicking people who ignored Omega Men because of the solicits
>>
>>77977621
Because it sucks.
And yeah I've read it.
>>
How the fuck do you even kill a White Lantern?
>>
>>77977562
>bummed
about?
>>
>>77978175
No, honestly, I haven't bought anything from either DC or Marvel in just over a year now. But yeah, didn't read the full post, just saw "Kyle's dead" and blew it off.
>>
>>77978303
hello cancer.
>>
They said it was going to get the full 12 issues when they brought it back. What exactly did you think that meant?

I'm glad they're not bothering with two separate trades though.
>>
File: 1317501296031.jpg (26KB, 207x471px) Image search: [Google]
1317501296031.jpg
26KB, 207x471px
>>77978226

I didn't really like Omega Men as much as other people because I'm not really that fond of heavy-handed colonialism lecturing in my space operas (it's kind of a tired trope in my opinion), but I appreciate it for trying to take that angle in DC's space setting that's so heavily dominated by the Lantern corps.
>>
>>77978329
Hello healthy cell.
Sorry.
Not sorry.
>>
>>77978303
He is not dead
>>
>>77978370
Well they didn't actually kill anyone off and it was clear from like the first issue. I'm sorry you feel the need to shitpost about good comics you're not reading though.
>>
>>77978226
Mhm. I mean, it's different, but it's not my cup of tea. Power to the people who like it, though and good for them to get more issues.
>>
>>77978418
>>77978360
Yeah, you're both right. I was overly harsh. I think I as annoyed after reading it, because it was somewhat oversold around here.
>>
>>77978401
Fair enough.
You want to know what I was reading? Dial H. And All-Star Western, Earth 2, Demon Knights...
I was reading so much DC, and all of it was either cancelled, or destroyed by editorial mandate.
>>
>>77978467

Yeah it is, pretty much for the reason I mentioned up here >>77978360

DC's cosmic setting is so heavily centered around the Lantern corps, and most people around here seem to resent that. So anything that provides a different angle to the setting is pretty welcome.

Also we really love Tom King.
>>
>>77978491
DC's doing a lot of interesting stuff right now that is soon to be cancelled or undone by editorial mandate, I'm sure you'd like some of it!
>>
>>77978508
>Tom King
Yeah, he doesn't really do it for me.
I think that DC kind of ends for me with the 52 weekly. I loved that and everything sin e has been a bit of a letdown.
I kind of like the Flashpoint event/crossover, but I am a total DCevent fag.
>>
>>77978467
It's probably getting extra points for being written by King and being a lot different story than usual space DC.
>>
>>77977562

Oh it's going to be a complete set? I like this.
>>
>>77978831
Yeah wish it were hardback but I'll take this for sure over being split into two like Gotham by Midnight's going to be.
>>
>>77978944

I prefer paperbacks due to cost. But yeah it would be good to have a hardcovers as well. I'm happy that it will get a collected edition at least.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.