[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I started trying to read New Avengers (vol 1) recently with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: new avengers.png (98KB, 396x181px) Image search: [Google]
new avengers.png
98KB, 396x181px
So I started trying to read New Avengers (vol 1) recently with almost no context and goddamn is it hella fractured. It goes from the Civil War to Hawkeye sleeping with Scarlet Witch for a single issue to suddenly everyone's a team again and there's no reference to how they got back together.
Assuming I'm unfamiliar with the 5 years of marvel canon before it, is there some reading order I should be looking at?
>>
okay I mean I know marvel kind of sucks but does noone on this board read it?
>>
seriously the whole thing starts with some prison break and they start a group to figure out what it's all about and that story doesn't even get resolved before to other stories cut in and 25 issues in there's been so much jumping around
why do Marvel have to be so difficult about making shit clear
>>
>>77977102
Here's your reply
>>
there's already a Bendis thread, OP
>>
>>77978511
>>77978613
I don't know what either of these things mean
>>
File: Pym.jpg (162KB, 1079x778px) Image search: [Google]
Pym.jpg
162KB, 1079x778px
>>77977102

I think it's tied to Dark Reign or something

or Secret Warriors?

It's complicated actually, a lot of series tied together with New Avengers
>>
Yes, google essential marvel reading order or some shit like that.

NA came right after Avengers Dissembled.

Then there's Cap by Ed Brubaker, House of M, Civil War, and so on.

It's a big mess.
>>
>>77978954
fuck right secret invasion also happened
man I might just give up right here, I could be reading Franz Kafka or something
>>
>>77979252
Well to be fair, Secret Invasion was what all of Bendis's run (or the main parts of it at least) had been leading up to at that point in time. The mini-series itself is more important than the New Avengers tie in issues.
>>
>>77977102
The Hawkeye issue was filler due to Civil War being delayed and editorial forcing Bend is to add Clint back to the roster after Civil War.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.